20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
computergeek said:
Congratulations! Hopefully you get your passport back quickly.
Thanks computergeek. You have been an awesome support.

Wish you good luck for future!

cdn1

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2012
AOR Received.
July-2012
File Transfer...
July-2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
Nov. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
congrats to all those who got PPRs. Hope ours is not far away.
Waiting is pretty hard knowing you've sent your best evidence, and hoping it is accepted by CIC.

It is tempting to contact/send inquiry to the visa office to inquire status, but I hold off on it in hopes that maybe they'll issue PPR soon.
It's been a month since our file is in process @ lvo.

Am I the only one left? :p

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
cdn1 said:
congrats to all those who got PPRs. Hope ours is not far away.
Waiting is pretty hard knowing you've sent your best evidence, and hoping it is accepted by CIC.

It is tempting to contact/send inquiry to the visa office to inquire status, but I hold off on it in hopes that maybe they'll issue PPR soon.
It's been a month since our file is in process @ lvo.

Am I the only one left? :p
Not even close (in process for over 7 weeks). Which raises a question for the CPP-O/Buffalo/LAers - how many of you are sponsoring children as well? Not sure where I read it, but heard files are being processed more quickly for those folks because it's easier to tell the relationship is genuine. I was also told people without children have a less complicated file, so that would go through more quickly. There's probably a little truth to both, but just wondering who's in what boat.

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
santoki said:
Not even close (in process for over 7 weeks). Which raises a question for the CPP-O/Buffalo/LAers - how many of you are sponsoring children as well? Not sure where I read it, but heard files are being processed more quickly for those folks because it's easier to tell the relationship is genuine. I was also told people without children have a less complicated file, so that would go through more quickly. There's probably a little truth to both, but just wondering who's in what boat.
You bring up a very good point. My husband and I dont have kids yet and our case is very straight forward (at least I think so) and we are still in process. They dont have our medicals yet either. STILL WAITING!!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
santoki said:
No kids here. VO decided our relationship was genuine.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
My USPS Express Envelope was scanned in this afternoon, so the passport and COPR are on the way to my company's US offices. I'll have them FedEx it to me tomorrow so I'll have the COPR on Friday. Should I head down to the border Friday or Saturday. ;D

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santoki said:
I said it based on statistics...it shows sponsor with children dependents are processed faster...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manispreet said:
GOOD NEWS!!

Just got an email from LA for PPR. Thanks everyone for your support. I wish good luck to everyone who is still waiting for their next stages.

Cheers
Many congratulations

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Wait for it....Wait for it....WE GOT PPR!!!!! :p Our lawyers sent us the e-mail today and the letter is dated from yesterday!!! Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
Wait for it....Wait for it....WE GOT PPR!!!!! :p Our lawyers sent us the e-mail today and the letter is dated from yesterday!!! Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
cgagnon said:
Welcome back!!! Great news!

CathandBob

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Request
Decision made 29-09-12
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
COPR RECEIVED 01-09-12
LANDED..........
20-09-12
Congratulations cgagnon :)

We are now settled in our new home and LOVING IT ! :) All went very smoothly and the immigration officers all made the process very easy and straightforward. As we had the dogs by the time we got to the baggage area they had our bags off and a lady waiting for us ... she then took us to the office so she could phone cargo to bring the dogs up (they had already been cleared). Unfortunately no on was answering the phone at cargo so we ended up having to drive there ... just as well brother in law knew his way around as there is MAJOR construction going on at Calgary airport ! Spent a week at sister in laws in Alberta before moving up to Saskatchewan and our new home.
SIN, health cards and PR cards have all been very straightforward. Only thing we are having trouble with if anyone can help ...drivers licences. They wont swap them without something they call a drivers abstract. ???
Said we should have got one before we left and the UK DOES do them ... BUT i've looked everywhere on internet and cant find anything about them for the UK ... guess I'm going to have to email DVLA in Swansea ... Anyone have any advice of this please ? Many thanks :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CathandBob said:

We are now settled in our new home and LOVING IT ! :) All went very smoothly and the immigration officers all made the process very easy and straightforward. As we had the dogs by the time we got to the baggage area they had our bags off and a lady waiting for us ... she then took us to the office so she could phone cargo to bring the dogs up (they had already been cleared). Unfortunately no on was answering the phone at cargo so we ended up having to drive there ... just as well brother in law knew his way around as there is MAJOR construction going on at Calgary airport ! Spent a week at sister in laws in Alberta before moving up to Saskatchewan and our new home.
SIN, health cards and PR cards have all been very straightforward. Only thing we are having trouble with if anyone can help ...drivers licences. They wont swap them without something they call a drivers abstract. ???
Said we should have got one before we left and the UK DOES do them ... BUT i've looked everywhere on internet and cant find anything about them for the UK ... guess I'm going to have to email DVLA in Swansea ... Anyone have any advice of this please ? Many thanks :)
I had the same annoyance in BC coming from the US - I had to personally appear in my previous state of residence and obtain the driving abstract (a list of everything from the moment I had obtained my first license in that state). I found a thread on the british expats forum about this topic, although it is a bit dated: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578155

Good luck.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
CathandBob said:

Hubby and I researched for his as well (from Tennessee). From his state, you can mail it in. I would check that link that computergeek posted and see if you can just mail information in and have it sent to you :)

Congrats on your landing btw! :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
I had the same annoyance in BC coming from the US - I had to personally appear in my previous state of residence and obtain the driving abstract (a list of everything from the moment I had obtained my first license in that state). I found a thread on the british expats forum about this topic, although it is a bit dated: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578155

Good luck.
I think I got something named differently that works as an abstract. I think it was called driver record or driver history. They also took my US D/L