Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
santoki said:
Where do these predictions/rumours come from? I've seen some people say we could be waiting up to a year. I can't seem to get a straight answer out of anybody because no one wants to say anything that might resemble a real answer for fear of being incorrect. If this process takes longer than 10-11 months for us outlanders, where do we get medicals done again? We did ours back in February, I believe, and I would hate to have to shell out another few hundred dollars because CIC can't process a simple application in a reasonable amount of time.
There are two authoritative sources for this information:

The CIC website. Pick the "check application processing times" link on the right hand side of the page and then follow through the links until you come to the relevant chart. These numbers are updated weekly or quarterly (varies by processing time type).

The Open Data Project. http://www.data.gc.ca - these are Excel spreadsheets full of useful data that has been extracted from various governmental databases including those of CIC. Search for permanent resident and you'll find the dozens of different data sources. This is the same data that is used to update the CIC website. They just recently updated to include data through 31 July 2012.

The VO has the option of extending your medicals, but if they don't the only choice you have is to get another set of them, unfortunately.

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
computergeek said:
There are two authoritative sources for this information:

The CIC website. Pick the "check application processing times" link on the right hand side of the page and then follow through the links until you come to the relevant chart. These numbers are updated weekly or quarterly (varies by processing time type).

The Open Data Project. http://www.data.gc.ca - these are Excel spreadsheets full of useful data that has been extracted from various governmental databases including those of CIC. Search for permanent resident and you'll find the dozens of different data sources. This is the same data that is used to update the CIC website. They just recently updated to include data through 31 July 2012.

The VO has the option of extending your medicals, but if they don't the only choice you have is to get another set of them, unfortunately.
Thanks. I use the CIC website chart, but those are more general times. I sort of meant, I hear people discussing things they've heard and was wondering where that info was coming from. The data sheet is something I've seen you post before and I've looked through it. I'll have to look into the medical extension because I get the feeling we might need it. Trying to plan for the worst case scenario because my positivity (was very sure we'd be done by mid-November) is wearing thin!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
santoki said:
Thanks. I use the CIC website chart, but those are more general times. I sort of meant, I hear people discussing things they've heard and was wondering where that info was coming from. The data sheet is something I've seen you post before and I've looked through it. I'll have to look into the medical extension because I get the feeling we might need it. Trying to plan for the worst case scenario because my positivity (was very sure we'd be done by mid-November) is wearing thin!
Oh, well, unofficial and non-authoritative sources include the various topics on this list (as I said, I've been watching the Inland threads - I now think everyone in 2011 has AIP, and people in March 2012 inland are now reporting AIP). There are other forums as well, such as trackitt.com, that are more timeline based. Numerous groups on here have spreadsheets and parker24 links to them in her signature as I recall.

So my UNOFFICIAL observation is that inland time now offers AIP in less time than outland offers PR, and inland times are accelerating - processing mid-March applications would mean they are now under 7 months processing time for first stage - and indeed, they dropped the published time to 7 months last night (it was dropped to 8 months two weeks ago, and 9 months four weeks ago, down from 11 months at the beginning of August.)

But officially, outland is still faster than inland - 15 months (inland) versus 14.5 months (outland). For the past month I've been suggesting people who can go inland should seriously considering doing so. I am seriously wondering if their goal is to have the stage 1 inland time be the same as the stage 1 outland time because it's starting to look like a definite possibility.

cdn1

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2012
AOR Received.
July-2012
File Transfer...
July-2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
Nov. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Still waiting for Paris to make a decision. Nothing yet, processing started Sept 10th.
Could it be the background and security checks taking forever?

I hope we do not have to do another medical as its valid until March 2013.
Hopefully a positive decision can be made soon.

Their ancient processing systems are taking forever to process applications. They haven't even moved onto barcoded forms for the whole thing, only IMM008 is barcodes!

How long does it take to upgrade this whole 'ancient' department?!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cdn1 said:
How long does it take to upgrade this whole 'ancient' department?!
I think the GCMS work took something like 12 years to complete, but that's based upon something I recall reading.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
I've never ordered paper format, always just e-mail, so I'm not sure.

I DO know that if you ask for a copy of the physical file it takes longer (almost 3 months for me) because someone has to actually pull the physical file and scan it/copy it and send it to the office in Ottawa.
Sorry Computergeek did they send you a notification for extension. Their website says so:

"Both Acts allow for a legal response time of 30 calendar days from the date of receipt of an official request. The Acts also allow for legal extensions to this first 30 calendar-day response time.

The Privacy Act provides for one legal extension of no more than 30 days, which means an institution may take up to 60 days to provide you with a response. The Access to Information Act also provides for a legal extension to the response time for reasons such as the volume of requests and consultations with other parties. You will be notified should an extension of the response time be required under either Act.

"

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Dr Eng X said:
Sorry Computergeek did they send you a notification for extension. Their website says so:

"Both Acts allow for a legal response time of 30 calendar days from the date of receipt of an official request. The Acts also allow for legal extensions to this first 30 calendar-day response time.

The Privacy Act provides for one legal extension of no more than 30 days, which means an institution may take up to 60 days to provide you with a response. The Access to Information Act also provides for a legal extension to the response time for reasons such as the volume of requests and consultations with other parties. You will be notified should an extension of the response time be required under either Act.

"
Yes, they did. But they did not comply with the 60 day requirement and when I inquired (around day 75) they told me to wait a little bit longer.

I suspect they would have claimed "consultation with other parties" because the material submitted to me contained privileged communications with Justice Canada (this file was involved in litigation), and they may have removed other material as well. Perhaps I should send in another request. I wonder what the file would contain now that it didn't contain then.

rebabe246

May 14, 2012
hi, i applied for my visa in april. i live in the uk my husband's in canada. got a confirmatioin july saying cic received my app and have sent it to london office. still haven't heard anything from london. i'm a diabetic have sent my medical with app. just wondering will i need to go for a second medical check up, will my medical condition affect my app. soooo frustrating can't wait to make a move. pls help...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rebabe246 said:
hi, i applied for my visa in april. i live in the uk my husband's in canada. got a confirmatioin july saying cic received my app and have sent it to london office. still haven't heard anything from london. i'm a diabetic have sent my medical with app. just wondering will i need to go for a second medical check up, will my medical condition affect my app. soooo frustrating can't wait to make a move. pls help...
I do not think diabetic is a problem, don't worry... it will be OK
According to CIC website London office takes 8 months
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Yes, they did. But they did not comply with the 60 day requirement and when I inquired (around day 75) they told me to wait a little bit longer.

I suspect they would have claimed "consultation with other parties" because the material submitted to me contained privileged communications with Justice Canada (this file was involved in litigation), and they may have removed other material as well. Perhaps I should send in another request. I wonder what the file would contain now that it didn't contain then.
Did they notify you of an extension early? or they just sent the notification after a month! The reason I am asking is because it has been more than a month (30 days) and still have not received the notes

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Dr Eng X said:
Did they notify you of an extension early? or they just sent the notification after a month! The reason I am asking is because it has been more than a month (30 days) and still have not received the notes
They sent me the "we need 30 more days" at the end of the first 30 days.

rebabe246

May 14, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
I do not think diabetic is a problem, don't worry... it will be OK
According to CIC website London office takes 8 months
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp
Thanks for your reply. is it 8 months for whole process or just for the second stage. gets longer and longer. when i applied it showed 7 months now 8!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rebabe246 said:
Thanks for your reply. is it 8 months for whole process or just for the second stage. gets longer and longer. when i applied it showed 7 months now 8!
according to CIC it is for second stage

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
rebabe246 said:
Hey,

Yes London went up from 7 months to 8 months at the last revision (August 2012). London VO went very slowly in August and up to mid September apparently dealing with Tourist and student Visa's. Once mid September came they have really picked up the pace. Although the website states 8 months, if you visit the London spreadsheet 90 days seems to be the magic number when a lot of the applicants either go in-process, DM or Visa issued and the very longest applicant on our spreadsheet waited 119 days. So going by our spreadsheet 3-4 months is a better idea of how long it may take.

I know the London spreadsheet is merely representative of what is happening at London VO but that is the most accurate information we have on this forum.

Good luck :D