Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
KJG said:
I think the quarterly updates refer to the Visa Office's issuing times. The last update was April 23/12 for the January 1 to March 31 period. There were some changes in some Visa Offices. They have not yet update from April 1 to June 30th!!! Surprise Surprise. Stage 2 is updated by each individual VO and hence the inconsistencies.
:)
Well in this case seems like they are updating every 6 months. Would be very interested to know if there have been any changes.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
blondie1216 said:
Well in this case seems like they are updating every 6 months. Would be very interested to know if there have been any changes.
they should have updated for the stage 2 by now
but...!
god knows when will they update it and hoping for less time ;) for all countries but start with US ;D

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
sighh another week goes by and still nothing.... FILE still stays the same meds recieved KGN iS killing me here

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ready_fi_move_on said:
sighh another week goes by and still nothing.... FILE still stays the same meds recieved KGN iS killing me here
I hear you.....my file was sent to Havana on June 20th....and not a peep.......and no updates on ecas either :(

sonny369

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 7 2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 12 2012
File Transfer...
JUNE 12 2012
Med's Done....
JANUARY 20 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
JUNE 28 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 3RD SEPT, PASSPORT RECIEVED on 17 SEPT
LANDED..........
IN 1st WEEK OF OCT
Any body get passport from CHC New Delhi after submitting the passport in the month of july 2012

swissbuoy

Aug 5, 2012
Hi Everybody....

I posted my first post just under a week ago when I put up my timeline for my outland application with the VO being in Paris. When I posted my status for Step 2 showed Decision Made. I received a positive COPR response in the mail this morning!!!! Woooohoooooo! It's a huge sigh of relief. I called my wife and woke her up in the middle of the night to tell her... she woke up thinking it was a dream! So to recap my timeline...

Category: FAM / Outland app.
VO: Paris, France
Application received in Mississauga with meds included, all fees paid: March 26, 2012
Sponsor approved: June 27, 2012
File Transferred to VO: July 27, 2012
eCas checked on July 27, 2012 showed 'in-process'
eCas checked at random on August 5, 2012 showed 'Decision Made' (step 2)
COPR received in the post: August 10, 2012 ;D (sent from VO on August 8, 2012)
Landing: Fall 2012

Couple of random notes that might be of interest,
- Our eCAS updates were, as far as we could tell, pretty spot on for both step 1 and step 2. Showing the various stages.
- COPR did not arrive in registered envelope or courrier, but that might reflect the nature/reliability of the postal system in this part of Europe?
- No interview and as am from a Visa Waiver state, no passport request.
- Meds and police reports (multiple countries) were all within 4-6 weeks of submission, not sure if that helps in processing but it certainly helps ease any pressure if the application takes longer than anticipated. I now have a lot of wiggle room to get my stuff sorted before heading to Canada. It's not always possible and it takes a lot of coordination effort to get all these elements timed right.
- All unknown or uncertain dates or events required were explained and proof presented to back up explanation (e.g. missing airline stubs or passport stamps).
- We didn't submit cards or letters but rather scanned everything and printed it on numbered sheets with footers and titles, etc. Not sure what the effect was but I want to believe it made reading / sorting easier and made the whole package less messy.
- Communication, as it's mostly skype and email for people these days we printed screenshots of each other's inboxes with filter set for the other half. Screenshot every page and then also printed a handful of key emails from each other. We printed screenshots of key conversations from skype and mentioned we'd be willing to provide more but had 1000+ pages of material.
- My wife got two friends (Canadians) to attest to our relationship and that they'd met me, etc. not sure what role it played, but it didn't hurt.
- We followed every instruction about putting the material together down to the letter - no deviation.
- We sent it in via registered mail to be able to track it and have proof of delivery.
- We triple checked our forms and all our paperwork - we even redid all the forms that came up new the day before we wanted to submit, just to be safe (this involved some expensive Fedex'ing to avoid loosing even more time, I turned around the new forms with signature to my wife is under 48hrs).
- All our photos had printed labels of where, what, who and dates (incl. who took the photo) - it was tedious and painful work. We made double sure all the photos were refering to something in either the friends we met, things we did or our wedding information, and we also made sure anything we talked about had a photo where available.
- We were lucky to have two immigration lawyer acquaintances that were willing to review our paperwork, I would have been willing to pay someone to review it. Not because we thought we'd screw it up but because we had the opportunity to clarify questions and have out minds put at ease. I would still maintain that most straightforward application are easy enough to do on your own - but it takes time and re-reading and triple checking every instruction and information and form is key to avoid errors.
- We kept an entire photocopy of our application - one for reference and in case we had to clear up any issues. It turned out to be an awesome stress-saver anytime we thought we forgot or missed something - seems like a waste of paper but seeing it's such an important process it's nice to know you'd be able to answer questions or double check things.
- Communication tip: We referenced the majority if not all or our email with the words IMM in our subject lines and made folders. That way when we had random questions or thoughts we didn't risk loosing them between us and missing potentially important bits.

Anyways... that's about all I can recall off the top of my head, it's been a crazy few days for me but am happy to try to answer questions if I can. Or clear up any confusion in what I just wrote.

Btw... quick side note... congrat to the Caribbean folks out there for the amazing performances in London... esp to Grenada for the first medal (GOLD!) and Jamaica for keeping up the amazing running feats! I have a history with the region and it's hard not to be extremely proud at this time :)

best wishes
Swissbuoy

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
swissbuoy said:
Hi Everybody....

I posted my first post just under a week ago when I put up my timeline for my outland application with the VO being in Paris. When I posted my status for Step 2 showed Decision Made. I received a positive COPR response in the mail this morning!!!! Woooohoooooo! It's a huge sigh of relief. I called my wife and woke her up in the middle of the night to tell her... she woke up thinking it was a dream! So to recap my timeline...

Application received in Mississauga with meds included, all fees paid: March 26, 2012

- Our eCAS updates were, as far as we could tell, pretty spot on for both step 1 and step 2. Showing the various stages.
- COPR did not arrive in registered envelope or courrier, but that might reflect the nature/reliability of the postal system in this part of Europe?
- Meds and police reports (multiple countries) were all within 4-6 weeks of submission, not sure if that helps in processing but it certainly helps ease any pressure if the application takes longer than anticipated. I now have a lot of wiggle room to get my stuff sorted before heading to Canada. It's not always possible and it takes a lot of coordination effort to get all these elements timed right.
- All unknown or uncertain dates or events required were explained and proof presented to back up explanation (e.g. missing airline stubs or passport stamps).
- We didn't submit cards or letters but rather scanned everything and printed it on numbered sheets with footers and titles, etc. Not sure what the effect was but I want to believe it made reading / sorting easier and made the whole package less messy.
- Communication, as it's mostly skype and email for people these days we printed screenshots of each other's inboxes with filter set for the other half. Screenshot every page and then also printed a handful of key emails from each other. We printed screenshots of key conversations from skype and mentioned we'd be willing to provide more but had 1000+ pages of material.
- My wife got two friends (Canadians) to attest to our relationship and that they'd met me, etc. not sure what role it played, but it didn't hurt.
- We followed every instruction about putting the material together down to the letter - no deviation.
- We sent it in via registered mail to be able to track it and have proof of delivery.
- We triple checked our forms and all our paperwork - we even redid all the forms that came up new the day before we wanted to submit, just to be safe (this involved some expensive Fedex'ing to avoid loosing even more time, I turned around the new forms with signature to my wife is under 48hrs).
- All our photos had printed labels of where, what, who and dates (incl. who took the photo) - it was tedious and painful work. We made double sure all the photos were refering to something in either the friends we met, things we did or our wedding information, and we also made sure anything we talked about had a photo where available.
- We were lucky to have two immigration lawyer acquaintances that were willing to review our paperwork, I would have been willing to pay someone to review it. Not because we thought we'd screw it up but because we had the opportunity to clarify questions and have out minds put at ease. I would still maintain that most straightforward application are easy enough to do on your own - but it takes time and re-reading and triple checking every instruction and information and form is key to avoid errors.
- We kept an entire photocopy of our application - one for reference and in case we had to clear up any issues. It turned out to be an awesome stress-saver anytime we thought we forgot or missed something - seems like a waste of paper but seeing it's such an important process it's nice to know you'd be able to answer questions or double check things.
- Communication tip: We referenced the majority if not all or our email with the words IMM in our subject lines and made folders. That way when we had random questions or thoughts we didn't risk loosing them between us and missing potentially important bits.

Anyways... that's about all I can recall off the top of my head, it's been a crazy few days for me but am happy to try to answer questions if I can. Or clear up any confusion in what I just wrote.

Btw... quick side note... congrat to the Caribbean folks out there for the amazing performances in London... esp to Grenada for the first medal (GOLD!) and Jamaica for keeping up the amazing running feats! I have a history with the region and it's hard not to be extremely proud at this time :)

best wishes
Swissbuoy
Whoo hooooo!!! Congrats!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
swissbuoy said:
Hi Everybody....

best wishes
Swissbuoy
Congratulations! seems like you had put together a well organised and solid application and your timeline is impressive! less time in Stage 2 than in stage 1.... I'm aiming for the same, in these times of Olympic Games! :)

Enjoy being at the end of the tedious process, and good luck in the moving process!
Sweden

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Congrats to New Dehli and Paris applicants! Awesome that you guys will be home in no time! Be thankful for a great VO!

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
Hello! I'm new to this website, and just wanted to introduce myself here in this thread.

I'm from America and my husband is Canadian. We applied on March 27th, 2012, and he got his sponsorship approval on June 22nd. Since we're going through the Ottawa office in the midst of their restructure, that's all we know right now.

We're all in this together, right? :)

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Rose2D2 said:
Hello! I'm new to this website, and just wanted to introduce myself here in this thread.

I'm from America and my husband is Canadian. We applied on March 27th, 2012, and he got his sponsorship approval on June 22nd. Since we're going through the Ottawa office in the midst of their restructure, that's all we know right now.

yes
we all are together.
:)

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
Rose2D2 said:

Absolutely!! My husband and are opposite of you... I'm Canadian and he's American :)

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Rose2D2 said:

Welcome, we are all in this together do hang around!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
scottandlisag said:
Absolutely!! My husband and are opposite of you... I'm Canadian and he's American :)
We're the same as you ;) I'm the Canadian, Hubby is the American.

sonny369

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 7 2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 12 2012
File Transfer...
JUNE 12 2012
Med's Done....
JANUARY 20 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
JUNE 28 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 3RD SEPT, PASSPORT RECIEVED on 17 SEPT
LANDED..........
IN 1st WEEK OF OCT
Any body get passport from CHC New Delhi after submitting the passport in the month of july 2012