+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
So if I understand this correctly where a medical certificate has shown the applicant to be in good health for admission they can extend the validity of the certificate. Where the applicant's medical certificates have rendered them inaddmisable they will request another medical certificate should it have expired.
If the application is finalized within 15 months of the original medical and the medical results are the only thing standing in the way of a visa.. was my interpretation.

"This procedure is limited to situations where the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate. If anything else is pending, the officer should not use this procedure."

Makes sense. And they reccommend the visa officers to do this:

"It is recommended that the officer review the validity of the medical certificate of all the persons being part of an immigration application and request the reassessment of the medical file for those eligible for the process if needed."

And then comes this:

Contact the Regional Medical Office (RMO) responsible for the file at the following e-mail addresses:
(...)Manila- Traditional visa offices attached to RMO Manila: Manil.mc @ international.gc.ca

Entitle your e-mail ‘Reassessment of an applicant's medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate';
Provide the applicant's name, ID number, date of birth, date of initial IME, and country of residence for the last 6 months.
(...)
Upon receipt of the request for reassessment, the MOF or the HB delegated staff will:
Review the medical file to determine if there is sufficiently relevant and up to date medical information to provide a new opinion of admissibility on health grounds;
Request additional medical information if a new opinion based upon the existing information in the medical file is not possible;
Assess the medical file including any new additional medical information as needed;
Provide a new opinion of admissibility or inadmissibility on health grounds;
Enter the new ‘M' profile in the CIC electronic platform (such as GCMS or FOSS);
Send an e-mail to the officer who requested the reassessment to confirm that the process has been completed.
It is recommended that the officer issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the results of additional testing are unlikely to be provided quickly."

Based on the fact that nobody has been able to 'avail' of this, there must be a problem - one of the two items highlighted above.

It's just my speculation that the doctor's office won't be bothered to re-assess the medical for no charge. Since it's more efficient to do a whole new test - and they will be paid 5K in full - I think that they exercise this clause across the board:
"It is recommended that the officer issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the results of additional testing are unlikely to be provided quickly."

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
So if I understand this correctly where a medical certificate has shown the applicant to be in good health for admission they can extend the validity of the certificate. Where the applicant's medical certificates have rendered them inaddmisable they will request another medical certificate should it have expired.
Its all jeeperish to me,(inadmissability) maybe the people speaking tagalog can translate it LOL

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
Its all jeeperish to me,(inadmissability) maybe the people speaking tagalog can translate it LOL
Yeah, go and ask in the other thread! ;D Maybe Polgie can translate

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
If the application is finalized within 15 months of the original medical and the medical results are the only thing standing in the way of a visa.. was my interpretation.

"This procedure is limited to situations where the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate. If anything else is pending, the officer should not use this procedure."

"It is recommended that the officer review the validity of the medical certificate of all the persons being part of an immigration application and request the reassessment of the medical file for those eligible for the process if needed."

And then comes this:

Contact the Regional Medical Office (RMO) responsible for the file at the following e-mail addresses:
(...)Manila- Traditional visa offices attached to RMO Manila: Manil.mc @ international.gc.ca

Entitle your e-mail ‘Reassessment of an applicant's medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate';
Provide the applicant's name, ID number, date of birth, date of initial IME, and country of residence for the last 6 months.
(...)
Upon receipt of the request for reassessment, the MOF or the HB delegated staff will:
Review the medical file to determine if there is sufficiently relevant and up to date medical information to provide a new opinion of admissibility on health grounds;
Request additional medical information if a new opinion based upon the existing information in the medical file is not possible;
Assess the medical file including any new additional medical information as needed;
Enter the new ‘M' profile in the CIC electronic platform (such as GCMS or FOSS);
Send an e-mail to the officer who requested the reassessment to confirm that the process has been completed.
It is recommended that the officer issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the results of additional testing are unlikely to be provided quickly."

Based on the fact that nobody has been able to 'avail' of this, there must be a problem - one of the two items highlighted above.

It's just my speculation that the doctor's office won't be bothered to re-assess the medical for no charge. Since it's more efficient to do a whole new test - and they will be paid 5K in full - I think that they exercise this clause across the board:
"It is recommended that the officer issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the results of additional testing are unlikely to be provided quickly."
So they require you to submit all documents at the start of the process and if they cannot process it within 15 months they will require you to do it all over again even if the initial test showed clear?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
So they require you to submit all documents at the start of the process and if they cannot process it within 15 months they will require you to do it all over again even if the initial test showed clear?
Well, nobody has been able to extend yet.. see if you can prove me wrong by asking on the Manila thread.
Since the rules say that if additional results are not going to be provided quickly you should get a whole new medical. What would YOU do if you were the DMP. Delay those results a bit until they learn that they should just order a whole new one. I really think it's out of CEM's hands.. I believe this scam is being performed by the DMP's.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:

And then comes this:

(...)

:eek: :eek: Yes i agree, i think that the VO's found out the doctors wont do a reassessment without compensation :D (PESOS) ;D, so lately the vo have been scrambling to kick people across the border b4 thier meds expire. And now with so many applications requiring remeds they know theres a problem brewing and its going to get worse :-* :-*

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
:eek: :eek: Yes i agree, i think that the VO's found out the doctors wont do a reassessment without compensation :D (PESOS) ;D, so lately the vo have been scrambling to kick people across the border b4 thier meds expire. And now with so many applications requiring remeds they know theres a problem brewing and its going to get worse :-* :-*
I love me a good conspiracy theory :p

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
I remember reading a couple of months ago several people getting remeds done at st lukes, they all had the same spots on thier lung x-rays and all had to undergo sputum tests for 3000pesos extra

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
If CEM is concerned about this then why was my application not expedited? They expired in December and we have already exceeded the 15 month mark.

I think its time to email the Minister.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
I remember reading a couple of months ago several people getting remeds done at st lukes, they all had the same spots on thier lung x-rays and all had to undergo sputum tests for 3000pesos extra
Spot on their lungs my horse, maybe a smudge on the camera!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
I'm more fortunate than most in this regard as my sister-in-law's husband is a doctor as is his father. I will still have to pay for the medical but at least I can get it faster than most.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
If CEM is concerned about this then why was my application not expedited? They expired in December and we have already exceeded the 15 month mark.

I think its time to email the Minister.
They probably read some of the nasty things you said about them on this forum, and figured they would fix you by using your application to stand on so they could reach the newer applications :p :p :p i just hope yours is under mine LOL

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:
Do you think some of that 3000pesos will go to the xray technician 8) 8) 8)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
Do you think some of that 3000pesos will go to the xray technician 8) 8) 8)
:eek: only if you tip

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:
:eek: only if you tip
8) TIP 8) MY GOD, my son was born in phils and they sent me to the pharmacy with a list of things to buy, clip for umbilical cord, eye drops, doggie diaper for the mother, iron pills, lamkin (cloth diaper), etc etc etc everthing they needed during the birthing, what if i didnt have any money would of they sent us home. even needed to pay someone to dispose of the afterbirth :-\ :-\ :-\