+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Steph C said:
That's kind of funny since they can extend it by 6 months, but by the way they are handing out visas before people's medicals expire it's almost like it's a lot of trouble for them to do that.
Not to make you more worried, but the medical seems to be the last thing they will think about before issuing the visa.
Yes steph, they should have at least requested for my new med if they don't want to extend it. I don't know if Im covered with this new policy on medical extension.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
chelseaviel said:
Yes steph, they should have at least requested for my new med if they don't want to extend it. I don't know if Im covered with this new policy on medical extension.
We're all supposedly covered by the extension but I've never seen Manila use it yet. But the latest people who did remedicals with the new E-Medical system seemed to get quicker results in the Embassy then the ones who did re-med last year and are still waiting.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Thanks Steph for the link. I just spoke with my husband he done it wrong. He supposed to pay $5 but he wasn't he just emailed them wow we waited for nothing now he will have to request for it again.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
chelseaviel said:
Thanks Steph for the link. I just spoke with my husband he done it wrong. He supposed to pay $5 but he wasn't he just emailed them wow we waited for nothing now he will have to request for it again.
That's why I don't let my husband do anything... :p

Just kidding guys..

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Steph C said:
That's why I don't let my husband do anything... :p

Just kidding guys..
Hi steph,

can I possibly request the GCMS notes by my own? perhaps they could send it to me electronically instead of going through my sponsor? Thanks!

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
chelseaviel said:
Hi steph,

can I possibly request the GCMS notes by my own? perhaps they could send it to me electronically instead of going through my sponsor? Thanks!
No it has to go to a canadian citizen or someone living in canada :eek: :eek: :eek: you could fill out the forms as though you were him and include the waiver signed by you, using your email address, but anything being physically mailed out must go to a address in canada. :'( :'(

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
chelseaviel said:
Hi steph,

Actually, hmm, I think it's possible because they just send it with email anyways. Do you share an email address with your husband? If no then set one up, and include that email address on the form.. it will be sent to you then.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
gortandmugs said:
Hello everyone.... How goes the waiting.... Well just had to share a story!!!! I called the call centre this morning... WOW!!!unreal...was this french lady ever rude.. All I wanted to know is does the CEM cc.. a email to the person sponsoring his wife to Canada. after I gave her my client # she did not even enter it in the computer...she was to busy eating her egg mcfuffin...she was eating while she was talking to me... then she asked me what country the CIC sent my application to... when I told her Manila... She replied!!!! We don,t know what that embassy does.. while she is still eating her breakfast...sorrry I can,t help you... as I was about to ask something else she had hung up.... for a Canadian that works for the gov,t and paid over 50,000 dollars a year... unreal... they call this the help centre... they should call it the FU&&&ck you centre....As I look at the spread sheet it looks like Sept app will be processed in oct or nov... which means do your meds all over again.... lots of fun!!!!PPR will be around Aug... which will break the record of an average of 187 days.... I,m surprised they don,t ask for another 1040.00 dollars and say that only good for a yr... pay us again it will move faster!!!! or we can just take your Tax refund...OH its 7.30 Am in the fils... breakfast time again... for 3 hrs.... Opps now its lunch!!!!
Email Jason Kenny directly.
I have been told that they extend the medicals up to a year beyond their expiry. Do they really do this?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Email Jason Kenny directly.
I have been told that they extend the medicals up to a year beyond their expiry. Do they really do this?
It must be too much work for CEM. Look at the way they're pushing out visas right before people's medicals expire. How much work do you think it takes to extend a medical? Probably more work then they want to do.. which means it's probably a pain in the @ss, or the local doctors office would charge for it anyways.. and who's paying? Oh, that would be us.. time for a new medical.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
It must be too much work for CEM. Look at the way they're pushing out visas right before people's medicals expire. How much work do you think it takes to extend a medical? Probably more work then they want to do.. which means it's probably a pain in the @ ss, or the local doctors office would charge for it anyways.. and who's paying? Oh, that would be us.. time for a new medical.
This is my issue. It is totally up to them how they process the applications and in what order. They have my wife's application 2.5 months before her medical and police certificates expired. They didn't bother to rush our application so they intended foir them to expire. Why do they ask for them at the very beginning if they know that some will expire. Seems completely unfair that some should have to pay more than others because CIC can't process applications timely enough. We should be able to get reimbursed for that expense.

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
if you give up with your application, then maybe try to do the other way around, you move here in the phil permanently to be with your wife.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

Summary

Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant’s medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months.

Issue

This Operational Bulletin aims to standardize the reassessment of a medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate to ensure alignment with the legislation while fulfilling departmental operational needs. This procedure is limited to situations where the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate. If anything else is pending, the officer should not use this procedure.

Background

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), sections 30(4) and 72(1)(e)(iii), foreign nationals (FNs) who seek to enter Canada and those already in Canada applying to become permanent residents must hold a medical certificate based on the most recent medical examination to which they were required to submit under the IRPR within the previous twelve months, indicating that they are not inadmissible on health grounds. However, upon request of an officer, HB has been granting ‘extension of IME validity’ for periods varying from one to twelve months in order to support operational needs. This process has been reviewed for better alignment with the legislation and strengthening of program integrity.

A medical assessment, which is a medical examination for the purposes of immigration, is the review of an applicant’s medical file by a MOF and/or HB delegated staff. The result of the last medical assessment is entered in Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) electronic platforms (such as the Global Case Management System (GCMS) or Field Operations Support System (FOSS) as an ‘M’ profile indicating that an applicant is either admissible or inadmissible on health grounds. A medical certificate is an ‘M’ profile indicating that an applicant underwent a medical examination within the previous 12 months and is not inadmissible on health grounds (therefore limited to M1, M2, M3, M23, M19, M29, and M39 profiles).

Instructions

When the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires, the officer will:

Issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the IME is older than 15 months;
For in-Canada and overseas cases with an IME done within the last 15 months:
Contact the Regional Medical Office (RMO) responsible for the file at the following e-mail addresses:
Beijing: Bejing-mc@international.gc.ca
London: London-mc@international.gc.ca
Manila- Traditional visa offices attached to RMO Manila: Manil.mc@international.gc.ca
Manila- Visa offices previously attached to RMO Singapore: Manil.mc-im@international.gc.ca
New Delhi: Delhi-mc@international.gc.ca
Ottawa: ime-reassessment@cic.gc.ca
Paris: Paris-mc@international.gc.ca
Entitle your e-mail ‘Reassessment of an applicant’s medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate’;
Provide the applicant’s name, ID number, date of birth, date of initial IME, and country of residence for the last 6 months.
It is recommended that the officer review the validity of the medical certificate of all the persons being part of an immigration application and request the reassessment of the medical file for those eligible for the process if needed.

Upon receipt of the request for reassessment, the MOF or the HB delegated staff will:
Review the medical file to determine if there is sufficiently relevant and up to date medical information to provide a new opinion of admissibility on health grounds;
Request additional medical information if a new opinion based upon the existing information in the medical file is not possible;
Assess the medical file including any new additional medical information as needed;
Provide a new opinion of admissibility or inadmissibility on health grounds;
Enter the new ‘M’ profile in the CIC electronic platform (such as GCMS or FOSS);
Send an e-mail to the officer who requested the reassessment to confirm that the process has been completed.
It is recommended that the officer issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the results of additional testing are unlikely to be provided quickly.

If the opinion of the CIC MOF and/or HB delegated staff is that the applicant is:
Admissible on health grounds: a new medical certificate will be issued and will be valid for a 12 month period starting from the date of the new medical assessment;
Inadmissible on health grounds: a new medical certificate will not be issued.
The new ‘M’ profile constitutes the most current opinion of inadmissibility provided to the officer for the final decision of inadmissibility on health grounds.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
I was just reading the news of Royal Bank and it made me really upset.. anyways while surfing that I found Jason Kenney's email address.

Minister@cic.gc.ca

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

Summary

Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant's medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months.

Issue

This Operational Bulletin aims to standardize the reassessment of a medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate to ensure alignment with the legislation while fulfilling departmental operational needs. This procedure is limited to situations where the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate. If anything else is pending, the officer should not use this procedure.

Background

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), sections 30(4) and 72(1)(e)(iii), foreign nationals (FNs) who seek to enter Canada and those already in Canada applying to become permanent residents must hold a medical certificate based on the most recent medical examination to which they were required to submit under the IRPR within the previous twelve months, indicating that they are not inadmissible on health grounds. However, upon request of an officer, HB has been granting ‘extension of IME validity' for periods varying from one to twelve months in order to support operational needs. This process has been reviewed for better alignment with the legislation and strengthening of program integrity.

A medical assessment, which is a medical examination for the purposes of immigration, is the review of an applicant's medical file by a MOF and/or HB delegated staff. The result of the last medical assessment is entered in Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) electronic platforms (such as the Global Case Management System (GCMS) or Field Operations Support System (FOSS) as an ‘M' profile indicating that an applicant is either admissible or inadmissible on health grounds. A medical certificate is an ‘M' profile indicating that an applicant underwent a medical examination within the previous 12 months and is not inadmissible on health grounds (therefore limited to M1, M2, M3, M23, M19, M29, and M39 profiles).

Instructions

When the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires, the officer will:

Issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the IME is older than 15 months;
For in-Canada and overseas cases with an IME done within the last 15 months:
Contact the Regional Medical Office (RMO) responsible for the file at the following e-mail addresses:
Beijing: Bejing-mc @ international.gc.ca
London: London-mc @ international.gc.ca
Manila- Traditional visa offices attached to RMO Manila: Manil.mc @ international.gc.ca
Manila- Visa offices previously attached to RMO Singapore: Manil.mc-im @ international.gc.ca
New Delhi: Delhi-mc @ international.gc.ca
Ottawa: ime-reassessment @ cic.gc.ca
Paris: Paris-mc @ international.gc.ca
Entitle your e-mail ‘Reassessment of an applicant's medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate';
Provide the applicant's name, ID number, date of birth, date of initial IME, and country of residence for the last 6 months.
It is recommended that the officer review the validity of the medical certificate of all the persons being part of an immigration application and request the reassessment of the medical file for those eligible for the process if needed.

Upon receipt of the request for reassessment, the MOF or the HB delegated staff will:
Review the medical file to determine if there is sufficiently relevant and up to date medical information to provide a new opinion of admissibility on health grounds;
Request additional medical information if a new opinion based upon the existing information in the medical file is not possible;
Assess the medical file including any new additional medical information as needed;
Provide a new opinion of admissibility or inadmissibility on health grounds;
Enter the new ‘M' profile in the CIC electronic platform (such as GCMS or FOSS);
Send an e-mail to the officer who requested the reassessment to confirm that the process has been completed.
It is recommended that the officer issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the results of additional testing are unlikely to be provided quickly.

If the opinion of the CIC MOF and/or HB delegated staff is that the applicant is:
Admissible on health grounds: a new medical certificate will be issued and will be valid for a 12 month period starting from the date of the new medical assessment;
Inadmissible on health grounds: a new medical certificate will not be issued.
The new ‘M' profile constitutes the most current opinion of inadmissibility provided to the officer for the final decision of inadmissibility on health grounds.
So if I understand this correctly where a medical certificate has shown the applicant to be in good health for admission they can extend the validity of the certificate. Where the applicant's medical certificates have rendered them inaddmisable they will request another medical certificate should it have expired.