+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
well, it wonders me sometimes. if what is really the meaning of this little book that canada government gave me.
it states that one of my basic rights is free of opinion. when i made an opinion before about positive thinking, some attack me and someone told me to keep it to myself, and this time around, i made that comment because CJG you mention that this forum will be very quiet once you are all done,..and it is disrespectful???
let me ask you, for all the complaining that you did so far, did you have it channeled to proper authorities or agency where they can document and take action of the complain against cic or not? coz if you only complain and voice it out here in the forum, then you saying that forum will be quiet when you are all done, then what does that mean.?
i'm not here to disrespect anyone as i have no right to do that. even if i have, i will not do that as i dont want anyone disrespecting me.

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014 received but dated March 20.
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
May PPR ako today, yes!

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
congratulations, your visa is on the way very soon...

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
doljan said:
well, it wonders me sometimes. if what is really the meaning of this little book that canada government gave me.
it states that one of my basic rights is free of opinion. when i made an opinion before about positive thinking, some attack me and someone told me to keep it to myself, and this time around, i made that comment because CJG you mention that this forum will be very quiet once you are all done,..and it is disrespectful???
let me ask you, for all the complaining that you did so far, did you have it channeled to proper authorities or agency where they can document and take action of the complain against cic or not? coz if you only complain and voice it out here in the forum, then you saying that forum will be quiet when you are all done, then what does that mean.?
i'm not here to disrespect anyone as i have no right to do that. even if i have, i will not do that as i dont want anyone disrespecting me.
Doljan, I have to say it.. I like you buddy.. and I'm happy for you. But if someone gets their visa and then turns around and tells others, who have been waiting longer, that their behavior or attitude has something to be desired, it's just bad sportsmanship.

Did you every watch a hockey game on TV? Now is your chance :D Look at what the player says when they interview him after he won or lost. He always says the same thing. That's the Canadian attitude! (If you watch football and see what the guy says being interviewed, that's the American attitude)

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
doljan said:

With the freedom of speech comes the freedom to be criticized. You can't have one without the other.

What is disrespectful is a person who applied 2 months after me and who has arrived just as Manila has opened my wife's application questioning whether my complaints are justified. I am happy that you have landed and get to move on with your life but your quick process has come at the expense of others having to wait longer and incur more cost.

sheliez

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11.Oct.2012
AOR Received.
SA dated 15.Nov.12 (received 22.Nov.2012)
Med's Done....
24.Sept.2012
mr.peace said:
May PPR ako today, yes!
what kind of application? is it spousal sponsorship or tourist visa?

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
mr.peace said:
May PPR ako today, yes!
Umm, are you saying in the space of thirty days you went from application submitted to PPR request?

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
mr.peace said:
May PPR ako today, yes!
Pisbok Prend's Rekwes ang PPR ko...hehe.. Well, good luck sa ating lahat... Sana lang laht magiging okay, mabilis man o matagal ang proseso, iisa lang ang magiging resulta!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
mr.peace said:
Pisbok Prend's Rekwes ang PPR ko...hehe.. Well, good luck sa ating lahat... Sana lang laht magiging okay, mabilis man o matagal ang proseso, iisa lang ang magiging resulta!
English pls guys so we can all understand :D .. this is the English thread ::)

WoodyKatie

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 9, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2013
LANDED..........
October 2, 2013
Steph C said:
Hes just kiddin..

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
Steph C said:
Oh i'm sorry, i thought everybody's filipino here. I should have posted it in another thread. But anyway, what i was saying was that no matter how long or short hte process is, there would always be one result and that is the approval of our applications.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
mr.peace said:
Oh i'm sorry, i thought everybody's filipino here. I should have posted it in another thread. But anyway, what i was saying was that no matter how long or short hte process is, there would always be one result and that is the approval of our applications.
That's very Zen ;D

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
WoodyKatie said:
Hes just kiddin..
How's your visa going Katie? Any news?

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
doljan said:
Sorry bro, but I have to say this too. You are a nice guy and we had happy times in tagalog thread. I always try to don't mind this topic whenever you bring it up. Unfortunately, Steph and CJG and prolly others who have made a say on this topic were right. We don't want to disrespect you either, but I really have to say your comments and propositions are mostly illogical. :'( (I really believe positive thinking is good esp for stress relief, but when you challenged peeps on how they behave and how long they will get the visa- way off logic and also arrogant knowing you have your Visa already) :(

I would suggest that you immense yourself in the Canadian culture more, well keep the good Filipino practices for sure. You will see they are mostly friendly and humble, and they don't usually take too much pride of their achievement/knowledge in expense of others. Also, they will not try to push illogical ideas just to win the conversation and keep the pride. I don't want to generalize this by culture. However, growing up in the Philippines and being in Canada for quite a bit, those are my observations.

Bro, nothing personal here ok? I just thought it would be nice for you to hear from a Filipino perspective too.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
doljan said:
First, when CJG said it will be quiet he didn't mean there will be no complaints. He meant everyone will have left because their spouses are here. So there will be no one left to post. You seem to want to keep coming here but I can tell you that when my wife gets here I will not be back here. I will be enjoying life with her (we have a long backlog of to-dos planned). And before you say "you should help others like you have been helped" I have done my bit with the spreadsheet which has taken a lot of my time. When she gets here I will move on. Like most people would (and should).

But the way YOU interpreted what he said was that once he get what he wants he will stop complaining. In other words, he is complaining because he isn't getting his way, and when he gets his way he will stop. That is childish behaviour. So yeah, that is insulting. Just because our spouses will eventually get here doesn't mean the system isn't flawed or we were not treated unfairly. It doesn't mean we stop complaining about a broken system.

Second, you DIDN'T talk about positive thinking and how it can make you feel better. You were talking about that law of attraction garbage about how what you think physically manifests itself in the world. In other words, everyone on here who has apps that are many years old, that have been denied, that have been delayed, all the suffering people have gone through IS THEIR OWN FAULT! They are not thinking "right". THAT is insulting! Just because you had an easy time of it doesn't mean your "positive thinking" CAUSED it.

And finally don't talk about not wanting to disrespect people when you resort to stupid things like posting about someone in Tagalog thinking they won't be able to read it. I seem to recall you wanting to argue something in the Tagalog thread then did just that. Personally I thought it was childish when I saw it but to each his own.

I hope this has cleared up a few things for you. Iay is right, you should try to learn our culture more.