+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I would agree with you there but add that when a visa officer sees and application envelope with a return address to a consultant then they know the application will be complete.

There is nothing particularly difficult about the application. As long as you have documentation that supports the info in the application then it shouldn't take more than a few hours to process it. Filling out all the info in all the application took my wife and I less than an hour. Getting the supporting documents is what takes the time.
Yes and no...haha....It could be an application for common law with 4 kids. which adds lots of background checks....those, IMO is what causes the delay and most effort for the VO. Consider having lots of open applications on the go with dated follow ups etc.
And stage 1 is supposed to check the whole package for completeness. (precisely why our application was originally returned).

Mind you, Key words there are "supposed to"

Maybe they quickly open it to see the application type...and either start it, or set it aside...

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
So what does that mean if you get a remed before anything else? Does that mean there are other documents still pending to be requested?
It's so hard to tell.. but one thing is really clear. From their behaviour Manila is very concerned about their processing times statistically. If they can get the remeds out of the way they will have better data. You're probably pre-approved. I really don't think they would ask for remeds without knowing they will grant your wife's visa.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steph C said:
It would be cool if the spreadsheet included that! Scos, I would be willing to creep everyones profiles this weekend to fill in those columns.. haha
Don't know how to thank you....but assure you this definitely would give you some good ju ju.
That information would be really beneficial for all of us at this stage.....considering that there are not many docs request/interview dates that have had further processing......and considering what we've learnt.....that you can't go by how applications were processed in the past.....we have to go by how they are currently processing to see where we fit in.

Eg...not too long ago they were processing by SA date, but now they are um....don't know...haha, but not SA.

Cheers Steph!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
It's so hard to tell.. but one thing is really clear. From their behaviour Manila is very concerned about their processing times statistically. If they can get the remeds out of the way they will have better data. You're probably pre-approved. I really don't think they would ask for remeds without knowing they will grant your wife's visa.
The concern for my wife's application is not that she would be denied but that they have lost other documents beyond just the sponsorship stuff. If the only thing holding them from supplying a PPR and completing the application then why not just extend the medical and approve it? Application done and on to the next one.

I have this bad feeling they just pounded out a remed. Her police certificates have also expired. I thought the UAE one was valid for a year but it is only good for 3 months. Is the mext letter from CEM going to be a request to redo the police certificates?

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ugh... That's true. Going Beck to the re med thing. According to the website they can only extend medical if it's the only thing holding them from issuing a visa...

So I regret to say that logic would denote that extensions are not granted for that reason

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On another note.....clearances are good for 3 months and remain valid for the entire processing time as long as the application is submitted to Mississauga within the 3 month validity period.

Having said that...a questions for you:
During stage 1 you had some....um....issues with CIC loosing documents and/or location transfer....Can you prove you submitted within the 3 months?

Or I hope that the validity is still counted from when you originally submitted.

Example - We originally applied in May....but our package was returned due to form revision number, but we did not get a UCI or F000 number to hold our place in cue....we had to re-submit, which would cause our official submission date to be the re-submission date. This, thankfully was still within the 3 months.

So when you log into eCas....I'm pretty sure that the date it says CIC received your application is the official date.... and if that's within 3 months of your clearances....then you should be good.

Cheers!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Luckyman said:
Ugh... That's true. Going Beck to the re med thing. According to the website they can only extend medical if it's the only thing holding them from issuing a visa...

So I regret to say that logic would denote that extensions are not granted for that reason
So when they request the medical they actually haven't finished processing the application to know that the medical is the only thing holding them back. So I'm left with the notion that since they are requesting the remed there are still other issues with the application. If so why not include that with the order for remed?

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just note that its possible that they are being proactive and requesting the medical because they know they'll need it even though all the background checks haven't been completed.

This would still fit under the rule of "the only thing" not being satisfied, but not necessarily a bad thing.

I mean...as Steph pointed out...they are concerned with their times....so this would decrease their times by not having to process the entire application then determine if the only thing is medical validity in order to extend or request re-do.

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
Luckyman said:
On another note.....clearances are good for 3 months and remain valid for the entire processing time as long as the application is submitted to Mississauga within the 3 month validity period.
We finally received our police clearance from Lebanon. I've been trying to get on the line with CIC but haven't had any luck yet about how to submit this before it expires. Should i just email it to the new embassy address i received in Manila when they transferred the file along with the UCI number, etc?

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
CanadianJeepGuy said:
The concern for my wife's application is not that she would be denied but that they have lost other documents beyond just the sponsorship stuff. If the only thing holding them from supplying a PPR and completing the application then why not just extend the medical and approve it? Application done and on to the next one.

I have this bad feeling they just pounded out a remed. Her police certificates have also expired. I thought the UAE one was valid for a year but it is only good for 3 months. Is the mext letter from CEM going to be a request to redo the police certificates?
Did your wife went back to UAE after the issue date of her last PC?
Coz I was thinking if her passport says she hasn't been in UAE since then, should it be good regardless the 3-month expiration?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Iay said:
Coz I was thinking if her passport says she hasn't been in UAE since then, should it be good regardless the 3-month expiration?
I wasn't sure exactly how that worked so we have ordered another one with new NBI clearance as well. When ecas was first set up it included "medical results received" until the medicals had expired. Never saw anything concerning police clearance. The criminality/security is part of the background check which is the last portion of the process I think.
I just don't want anymore surprises.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iay said:
This would be logical.....however based on what I've read it's not the practice. But then again....every VO is different, and in the end it's their decision.

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I wasn't sure exactly how that worked so we have ordered another one with new NBI clearance as well. When ecas was first set up it included "medical results received" until the medicals had expired. Never saw anything concerning police clearance. The criminality/security is part of the background check which is the last portion of the process I think.
I just don't want anymore surprises.
It's good that you were able to request a new one in UAE. Did you do it all online? NBI is easy tho, so I guess it would be no problem to get a new one.

Luckyman said:
This would be logical.....however based on what I've read it's not the practice. But then again....every VO is different, and in the end it's their decision.
Yea, I haven't heard anyone say anything about this in CEM yet.
I'm concerned since my husband got a PC in Saudi on August 2012 and also left the country after a week and never been there again since. We submitted our app in Feb meaning it is way off the 3-month rule. It is nearly impossible to get a Saudi PC if you don't have the iqama (residency card) anymore. So yea, I'm hoping he wouldn't need to get a new one. :'(

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Luckyman said:
No she hasn't been back but she did have residency there which she cancelled after she left. I thought that may make it different than just having a work or visitor visa.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Steph C said:
It would be cool if the spreadsheet included that! Scos, I would be willing to creep everyones profiles this weekend to fill in those columns.. haha
If you will fill them I can add the columns. But that is a lot of work you will have to do. I can also add a original med data column too if you want. Again you have to fill it. I have enough to keep me busy with trolling threads to update the regular information.

Let me know. I can do it a bit later. Have to head out now (was just doing my afternoon troll here).