28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kingwajeeh said:
lsbf student can get work permit easliy in working temporarily in canada option if student get canadian employer job letter and if you get work temporarily in canada work permit you get canadian PR only 2 to 3 years easily see this link frequently ask question(cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/study/index.asp) and go to work permit for student
You are mixing up the facts.

A Canadian employer job letter is not required to obtain a student work permit. However you do not qualify for a student work permit if you attend LSBF.

If an LSBF student finds an employer who wants to hire them, then a closed work permit must be obtained. First, the employer must apply for a Labour Market Opinion (application to request approval to hire a foreign worker). If the Labour Market Opinion is approved, the student can then apply for a closed work permit. If the closed work permit is approved, the student can then start working. However once the closed work permit is approved, the study permit is no longer valid (the closed work permit replaces the study permit) and the student has to stop attending school immediately. It's also important to note that most employers are not willing to apply for Labour Market Opinions because the process takes so long and because so many are refused.

If you do manage to obtain a closed work permit and work in Canada for 2-3 years - this still does not guarantee that you will qualify for PR. Whether you qualify for PR depends on the type of job you have, which province you are working in and other factors.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You are mixing up the facts.

A Canadian employer job letter is not required to obtain a student work permit. However you do not qualify for a student work permit if you attend LSBF.

If an LSBF student finds an employer who wants to hire them, then a closed work permit must be obtained. First, the employer must apply for a Labour Market Opinion (application to request approval to hire a foreign worker). If the Labour Market Opinion is approved, the student can then apply for a closed work permit. If the closed work permit is approved, the student can then start working. However once the closed work permit is approved, the study permit is no longer valid (the closed work permit replaces the study permit) and the student has to stop attending school immediately. It's also important to note that most employers are not willing to apply for Labour Market Opinions because the process takes so long and because so many are refused.

If you do manage to obtain a closed work permit and work in Canada for 2-3 years - this still does not guarantee that you will qualify for PR. Whether you qualify for PR depends on the type of job you have, which province you are working in and other factors.
Hi,

1. Agreed.

JackB

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read the CHC web page , there is all the information you need , if something that a consultant tell you doesn't match the info on the official CHC page , that means that he is only after your money.
Be prudent, best of luck

yasirmajid

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Agreed @ Jack. www.cic.gc.ca is a comprehensive website, which includes all details for any matter pertaining to Canadian immigration and study permit.

Best of Luck.
Y

Muzi90

Feb 3, 2012
Hey!
I am applying in LSBF toronto, am i allowed to job? coz living there is too much expensive and i totally wanna depend on my self, please guide me.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muzi90 said:
Hey!
I am applying in LSBF toronto, am i allowed to job? coz living there is too much expensive and i totally wanna depend on my self, please guide me.
Hi,

1. No.

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if a student from any private college do complete their study like ACCA,MBA etc.........after completing sutdy can he apply PR and work ligely.........???? if no then why studnet chose private college ????

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abu Bakr said:
if a student from any private college do complete their study like ACCA,MBA etc.........after completing sutdy can he apply PR and work ligely.........???? if no then why studnet chose private college ????
Hi,

1. Absolutely NO for PR/Work permit.
2. You opt for a private school because it's like a cakewalk to secure admission in a private school.

yasirmajid

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
A million dollar question abu baker :) LSBF is relatively new in Toronto. Established on Feb 28, 2011. I am in search of graduate students from Stouville (which is older and with same status as LSBF) to find the same answer.

If I get this answer, I will share here.

* However. you may find lot of students who passed from government funded colleges and are now on PSWV.

Regards
Y

shahch2002

Aug 7, 2011
Visa Office......
chc isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
Interview........
not needed
enfield said:
Hi,

1. Absolutely NO for PR/Work permit.
2. You opt for a private school because it's like a cakewalk to secure admission in a private school.
hi, enfield
if my case z rejected .........so wot is the next step should i do???
i got addmission in stouffville college and submitted my application on 12/dec/2011.......now 54 days passed but no response yet :(
i also attacted suponsors documents of my uncle.....and my wish to study in torlonto in centainial college .......i got 5 bands in ILETS.....if i got any refusal from chc isb.....so can i apply for centainial college wid 5 bands ???? if i attach esl certificate wid new documents.....plz suggest me new steps and proper guide line ........i know ur expert

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think students don't take admission in a govt. recognized college coz these colleges like humber,ceneca, very costly colleges where tution fees almost $12000- to $15000 minumum.....per 2 semester....
can anyone tell me a well recognized college where tution fees less then $5000 to $8000......per 2 semester......???
due this most of the people apply a private college where tution fee less and appordable

ramzero

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sept-11
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
Abu Bakr said:
i think students don't take admission in a govt. recognized college coz these colleges like humber,ceneca, very costly colleges where tution fees almost $12000- to $15000 minumum.....per 2 semester....
can anyone tell me a well recognized college where tution fees less then $5000 to $8000......per 2 semester......???
due this most of the people apply a private college where tution fee less and appordable
What's your past qualification?

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have engineering bagraond and qualified associate engineer and good acadmic score i want to go computer engineering technology(3 year advanced diploma) i visted many colleges humber,ceneca but this course very costly for me i can't afford the tution fees of these courses.

ramzero

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sept-11
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waived
Abu Bakr said:
i have engineering bagraond and qualified associate engineer and good acadmic score i want to go computer engineering technology(3 year advanced diploma) i visted many colleges humber,ceneca but this course very costly for me i can't afford the tution fees of these courses.
Confirm me this first

Diploma holder

or

Undergraduate

or

Graduate

at what level you are now?

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD