waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
MadeInCanada said:
I will work really hard to meet your approval standards..... signing off for now to go "study" the thread. Page 178 you said?? Is there an exam I should be aware of? Any highlights with which to pay special attention to other than the waxing?
He will test you with random questions. Depending on your answers, he'll know if you've deemed yourself worthy.

I mean this in all seriousness. He will test you.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
parker24 said:
To clarify for newbies... the kind you sit on

Not...

The other kind....
Yeh the ones that stick to your bare ass if you sat on it butt naked!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
tuyen said:
On the one hand, I feel sorry for some of them because they've been waiting 7 or 8 years...while on the other, it annoys the hell out of me the way they blame Canada for all their problems, as though Canada forced them to sign a document making them promise NOT to apply to any OTHER country in the meantime. And then there are the truly truly special ones who think that Canada's constitution applies to people who have never set foot into this country.

The most hilarious developments happened in the last couple of days, when one of their most touted hero-lawyers was fined and suspended for 60 days by the Law Society for refusing to cooperate with an investigation. This was the same lawyer who took over $600,000 from his clients, and then pulled out of the trial at the last minute as a way of protesting how displeased he was with the judge.
I do feel bad for them in some regards as well, but it does get me going when they start acting like Canada owes them something. Then they believe their lawyers are gods and will get them whatever they want. BS! Lawyers tell you what you want to hear to get your cash. Plain and simple. (Okay, I did meet one lawyer that was honest when getting divorced.... just one!)

I saw the news about the lawyer getting suspended. So hilarious. I guess he can take that 600K and go on a nice vacation! Well, minus his fine!

Personally, I believe the best interest of the country as a whole should come first. Canada should be allowed to say "Sorry, we no longer need skilled workers in X class" and be allowed to deny their applications. What good does it do us all if we allow 900 'basketweavers' into Canada when we only have a demand for 5? Well... I guess it will keep the staff levels at Timmie's stable????? Somehow, I don't think that's what these people are coming to Canada for!!!!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
tuyen said:
I provided a stool sample a couple of days ago that choked my toilet.

When the whole thing was over, I was thanking god that I survived the ordeal.

:-\

(Falls off Stool) ......

(not the kind that choked Tuyen's toilet)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Halfmoon said:
:-\

(Falls off Stool) ......

(not the kind that choked Tuyen's toilet)
PIGEON SITTER!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
tuyen said:
Not ALLOWED to bring text books home?

Good lord...why couldn't they have that rule in place when *I* was in school??

Every day when I came home with no text books and my parents asked why, I always had to invent creative answers.

There were certain years of my high school career where I had textbooks in my locker that never saw the inside of my house, while others never even had the crease broken on them due to never having been opened.

The odd time when I DID bring a text book home, my bird would usually take a dump on it, or he'd take chunks out of the pages.
I'd be scared of a beating if I came home with a back pack that didn't have enough books to give me back pain for the rest of my life! I'd bring home books to avoid an ass whooping!!!

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halfmoon said:
I'd be scared of a beating if I came home with a back pack that didn't have enough books to give me back pain for the rest of my life! I'd bring home books to avoid an ass whooping!!!
I trained my parents really early on to understand that if they left me alone, I'd get far better grades than if they were constantly breathing down my neck.

The thing that really frustrated them was when I was getting 100% in certain classes, and 43% in others. It had nothing to do with ability, and everything to do with the fact that I hated some of my momo teachers.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
tuyen said:
I trained my parents really early on to understand that if they left me alone, I'd get far better grades than if they were constantly breathing down my neck.

The thing that really frustrated them was when I was getting 100% in certain classes, and 43% in others. It had nothing to do with ability, and everything to do with the fact that I hated some of my momo teachers.
My parents just ignored me unless they needed a babysitter! I could've failed every class and none would be the wiser. ;)

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
This conversation about textbooks/parents/grades prompted me to start looking at career options and the possibility of going back to school. Despite being paid well, I'm currently feeling stuck in my job. I was one of those "smart but uninterested" children in school. I would be absent from school 75% of the year, and still have the highest grades because the concepts were way too easy to grasp. Unfortunately, the delinquency carried through university but my grades plummeted. Now I have a better attitude toward work (and learning!), so I know I can be successful in school again, but I graduated with a *censored word*ty GPA because I didn't give a *censored word*.

:mad: at myself. :mad:!!!

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Halfmoon said:
Blueboom, did it feel like I even left??!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm always right here. ;)
Lurking in the shadows, hiding in the gutters, ready to fall off a stool at the mention of back-knitting! :p

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
blueboom said:
This conversation about textbooks/parents/grades prompted me to start looking at career options and the possibility of going back to school. Despite being paid well, I'm currently feeling stuck in my job. I was one of those "smart but uninterested" children in school. I would be absent from school 75% of the year, and still have the highest grades because the concepts were way too easy to grasp. Unfortunately, the delinquency carried through university but my grades plummeted. Now I have a better attitude toward work (and learning!), so I know I can be successful in school again, but I graduated with a *censored word*ty GPA because I didn't give a *censored word*.

:mad: at myself. :mad:!!!
I think we share the same delinquency when it came to school.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueboom said:
This conversation about textbooks/parents/grades prompted me to start looking at career options and the possibility of going back to school. I'm currently feeling stuck in my job, despite being paid well. I was one of those "smart but uninterested" children in school. I would be absent from school 75% of the year, and still have the highest grades because the concepts were way too easy to grasp.
I was the same way...but that was because deep inside every fiber of my being, I knew - without any doubt - that my success or failure in life will have absolutely no connection with my school grades. I knew it as young as 15 or 16...but of course nobody takes you seriously at that age, especially when you start talking about life. At the time, when I tried drilling that concept into my parents' heads, they thought I was insane. But it turned out that I would ultimately be vindicated, as my grades and education as a whole had absolutely ZERO impact on my life.

blueboom said:
Now I have a better attitude toward work (and learning!), so I know I can be successful in school again
If you really feel that going back to school will help you out in the long term with your career and overall quality of life, then it's definitely something you should consider. But make sure you weigh the pros and cons properly, because many people have gone back to school in their late 20s and 30s, only to regret it later because it had little or no impact on their salaries and career in general. Certain occupations will definitely reward you for having more diplomas/certificates/degrees, while others won't even give you a second blink.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
tuyen said:
I can't bring myself to believe it. Delinquent moonshone!?

Grumbles.....ljofahfdohovhohfh

PIN--------CHHHHHHH

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halfmoon said:
Grumbles.....ljofahfdohovhohfh

PIN--------CHHHHHHH
Heeeyyy! Why am I being pinched AGAIN!?

All I said was that I couldn't bring myself to believe that you were delinquent...because you've always struck me as being someone who was a good kid..

Now...if you pinch daddy again without just cause, he may have no choice but to spank you.