+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
UsCa said:
after sending so many emails to LA about my passport and the label activation. they sent me email :

Dear Applicant,

We have received your passport and it is in processing. Please be advised that current processing times are 4 to 8 weeks not including mailing times.

Regards

Immigration Section / Service des Visas

atleast got a reply from them.

counting the days (or weeks)
its just 1 week passed ... :mad: :(
4-8 weeks. even if you look at the spreadsheet .. this is the average time comes up.

dont worry.. time will pass ..
by that time you can do some shopping.. ;) :D

mich112

Apr 27, 2013
New york
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simb said:
it really depends on your Visa Officer... when he asks for. or if you are US citizen or from visa exempt country then may be they will just send you COPR in mail.
or you can ask your MP to check on it.
and its just not your timeline which is messed up.. I filed my application 2 months before you filed and am still waiting..:(
Hi thanks for the reply I'm on f1visa in USA can you verify what is MP (I'm all new to this ) stand for.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mich112 said:
Hi thanks for the reply I'm on f1visa in USA can you verify what is MP (I'm all new to this ) stand for.
MP = "Member of Parliament"

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mich112 said:
Thank you how should I find him and his contact number..
sorry about the abbreviation
yes its Member of Parliament as computergeek said.
you can ask your sponsor.. to contact MP of his/her area.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/MainMPsCompleteList.aspx

check this website... this list has all the MPs check of your region and you can contact yours

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
mich112 said:
You are on F1 visa in US. so it depends which country you from. if you from a country which is visa exempt then they might take your passport scanned copies (which they already have) or can ask for (again ) from you

In my case, I am from a non visa exempt country(india) which is the reason I had to submit my passport to LA VO and need a counterfoil (COPR as well is needed Ofcourse !) to land in Canada

mich112

Apr 27, 2013
New york
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simb said:
sorry about the abbreviation
yes its Member of Parliament as computergeek said.
you can ask your sponsor.. to contact MP of his/her area.

check this website... this list has all the MPs check of your region and you can contact yours
thank you so much, I will tell my husband to contact the mp.

omegaomelet

Apr 28, 2013
Hello Everyone,

hope you are all well.

i have been reading through the posts and im very confused about some of the acronyms. i am fairly new to this process and if anyone can answer my questions i will greatly appreciate it :)

my husband and i were married in LA in june 2012. he is canadian citizen and im us citizen. He applied to sponsor me and the website says some stuff which i don't understand.

it says sponsored person MAYRA AGUILAR and then under "sponsorship application status" it says decision made, which when u click on says:

"We received your application to sponsor MAYRA AGUILAR on January 3, 2013.
We started processing your application on January 24, 2013.
We sent you a letter on January 24, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

then under "permanent residence application status" it says application received , which when u click it says:

We received MAYRA AGUILAR's application for permanent residence on January 3, 2013.

so, am i accepted? or do i get an interview? and being as im in los angeles, do i actually have to wait 16 months to get permanent residenct status and go to canada to live with my husband? i didnt think it would take so long :(

any idea what i should do?

and is this normal?

anyone who has been through the process please give me any info... :(

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
omegaomelet said:
Hello Everyone,

hope you are all well.

i have been reading through the posts and im very confused about some of the acronyms. i am fairly new to this process and if anyone can answer my questions i will greatly appreciate it :)

my husband and i were married in LA in june 2012. he is canadian citizen and im us citizen. He applied to sponsor me and the website says some stuff which i don't understand.

it says sponsored person MAYRA AGUILAR and then under "sponsorship application status" it says decision made, which when u click on says:

"We received your application to sponsor MAYRA AGUILAR on January 3, 2013.
We started processing your application on January 24, 2013.
We sent you a letter on January 24, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

then under "permanent residence application status" it says application received , which when u click it says:

We received MAYRA AGUILAR's application for permanent residence on January 3, 2013.

so, am i accepted? or do i get an interview? and being as im in los angeles, do i actually have to wait 16 months to get permanent residenct status and go to canada to live with my husband? i didnt think it would take so long :(

any idea what i should do?

and is this normal?

anyone who has been through the process please give me any info... :(
Hi

yoru case is kind of similar to mine. even we got married in LA
starting from your first question.
your ecas "sponsorship application status" says decision made which means you are approved for stage 1. your sponsor(your husband) is approved for sponsoring you. he should have got it by now i guess
okay. about the "permanent residence status" says application received. which means now are on stage 2 which includes mainly you. i mean they will check your background/security, your relationship (how genuine it is), your medicals

you asked are you accepted or not. well your application is accepted and is in process. you have to wait until they ask for something from you or make a decision.
about the interview.. rarely US citizens gets interviewed. but we have some examples here so you never know. I got interview (though I am not a US citizen but from a visa exempt country). but just be prepared IF INCASE.
about 16months... its the average they give for 80%cases. but if your case is straightforward then it might be less than that. (you can see the spreadsheet to have a look onto the average timings)

you can go to Canada to live with your husband . the entry is just for 6months but you can always extend it. (but you cannot work or go to school)

AND . this all is normal .. we all are waiting .. some since 2011.. some 2012 (like me)
so welcome aboard .. be in touch
feel free to ask any other question
happy to help. we all are here to help each other
goodluck

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
simb said:
you can go to Canada to live with your husband . the entry is just for 6months but you can always extend it. (but you cannot work or go to school)
If you obtain a work permit or a study permit, you can work or study in Canada. US Citizens who qualify for a position under NAFTA (technical/profesisonal/managerial) can obtain work permits rather easily. It is unlawful to work without a permit. It is unlawful to take any degree program or a program lasting six months or longer without a study permit.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
computergeek said:
If you obtain a work permit or a study permit, you can work or study in Canada. US Citizens who qualify for a position under NAFTA (technical/profesisonal/managerial) can obtain work permits rather easily. It is unlawful to work without a permit. It is unlawful to take any degree program or a program lasting six months or longer without a work permit.
i didnt know about this..
thanks for adding the info

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
Good news everyone and many thanks to all and especially Parker!

I haven't seen the actual document but I got an excited e-mail from my partner; subject: "It Came!!"

LOL. So, I guess that means we got the COPR letter today. My partner says it states I have anytime between now and February 14th, 2014 to arrive in Canada.

So, excited and very happy to be going back to Newfoundland.

Parker, I guess you can updated my status.

I'll keep you all informed, once it happens, of what my "landing" process is like. Hopefully it won't be too complicated.

I will continue to visit the forum of course, it will be nice to see everyone on the spreadsheet cleared.

I'm smiling on the inside as I am at work, but I would love a dark and stormy right about now!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
simb said:
i didnt know about this..
thanks for adding the info
I inadvertently wrote "work" on the last bit (about study) when I meant study. I've corrected my original post.

NAFTA work permits are the easiest way for a US Citizen to obtain temporary access into Canada. Not everyone qualifies, but for those who do it's typically much easier to find work. Note that other countries have similar agreements with Canada.

sid4ever2009

Apr 29, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/16/2013
AOR Received.
02/18/2013
File Transfer...
Date Unknown LA to Ottawa
Med's Done....
10/01/2012
Passport Req..
23/08/2013
Hey I'm wondering if someone can help me out here.

I'm a Canadian born citizen of Canada. My wife is an American born Citizen of USA. I'm currently living in Canada and working and she is currently living in USA and working waiting for PR approval.

We got married in December, 2012 after dating for 3 years. We submitted our application for PR and it was received by CIC Feb, 2013.

The only status we have received so far is "Application Received, and Medical Report Received"

I have a few questions.

1) Our application was sent to LA. How long does it take? I've seen the spreadsheets but not sure currently how long it will take.

2) Once our application moves to processed, what happens from there? What is the natural process of events from today April 29, 2013 (application has been sitting in LA for 2 1/2 month). What happens next and what do you think the timeline will be based on historical events in this forum?

3) What is the email address or contact for the LA office? If I email them will it change the processing time of our application?

4) Thank you for reading and best of luck to everyone in getting processed!!!

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
sid4ever2009 said:
Hey I'm wondering if someone can help me out here.

I'm a Canadian born citizen of Canada. My wife is an American born Citizen of USA. I'm currently living in Canada and working and she is currently living in USA and working waiting for PR approval.

We got married in December, 2012 after dating for 3 years. We submitted our application for PR and it was received by CIC Feb, 2013.

The only status we have received so far is "Application Received, and Medical Report Received"

I have a few questions.

1) Our application was sent to LA. How long does it take? I've seen the spreadsheets but not sure currently how long it will take.

2) Once our application moves to processed, what happens from there? What is the natural process of events from today April 29, 2013 (application has been sitting in LA for 2 1/2 month). What happens next and what do you think the timeline will be based on historical events in this forum?

3) What is the email address or contact for the LA office? If I email them will it change the processing time of our application?

4) Thank you for reading and best of luck to everyone in getting processed!!!
I can just give one answer to your one question
below is the email address for LA office

los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

and i dont think there would be any change in the processing time of your application.
LA hardly gives replies to the emails they get
rest depends on the reason why you are contacting them

about your other questions. may be others can help you as my application was forwarded to LA for interview, originally was not to be in LA.
so recent applicants can answer you better or others who are more experienced