+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
another day passed and still my tracking label number doesnt show me local scans.
i think LA VO changed their updating system.
otherwise getting visa in 2days ... its very strange...
i think now they would have started a different procedure of activating the label and then sending the package later on.. that is why i have not seen any movement in my package delivery.. :(

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UsCa said:
another day passed and still my tracking label number doesnt show me local scans.
i think LA VO changed their updating system.
otherwise getting visa in 2days ... its very strange...
i think now they would have started a different procedure of activating the label and then sending the package later on.. that is why i have not seen any movement in my package delivery.. :(
Hopefully you should get the package soon. Did your ecas change to Decision Made. Did you use express or priority mail.

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
leodr said:
Hopefully you should get the package soon. Did your ecas change to Decision Made. Did you use express or priority mail.
hoping for the same but atleast should have updated something...
I used express. Which says overnight delivery... I am giving it another day and if something doesnt come up then LA has changed something in their system. I tried emailing LA today but twice i got failure message. :(

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont worry. Try again emailing them at another time. Maybe give it a day more and hope for the best.

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
leodr said:
Dont worry. Try again emailing them at another time. Maybe give it a day more and hope for the best.
thanks for your concern.
I guess all the strange things are supposed to happen with me...
firstly activation of label number in just 2 days. (which i never thought)
secondly , i talked to usps if they can tell me anything about the shipment info and whenever i had talk with their agents.. different answer every time. one said the package is not been received by usps yet, another said if you sent with another envelope so that this could be used for delivering to me gets activated automatically :eek:, another great person said it should get delivered to you.. ???
every time i call them i get confused.

i wonder why my label number got activated if it not was to be delivered next day?

i am gonna give it another few days to see any activity comes up or not... if not then i dont know what should i do.. (except for waiting)

this is so frustrating process. why cant one go in person to hand them the documents ? and they schedule us to come back to receive it ? this would be so easy then.
well. we all have to go according to their system..

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
UsCa said:
thanks for your concern.
I guess all the strange things are supposed to happen with me...
firstly activation of label number in just 2 days. (which i never thought)
secondly , i talked to usps if they can tell me anything about the shipment info and whenever i had talk with their agents.. different answer every time. one said the package is not been received by usps yet, another said if you sent with another envelope so that this could be used for delivering to me gets activated automatically :eek:, another great person said it should get delivered to you.. ???
every time i call them i get confused.

i wonder why my label number got activated if it not was to be delivered next day?

i am gonna give it another few days to see any activity comes up or not... if not then i dont know what should i do.. (except for waiting)

this is so frustrating process. why cant one go in person to hand them the documents ? and they schedule us to come back to receive it ? this would be so easy then.
well. we all have to go according to their system..
Awwwwww
This is so frustrating and confusing...
I hope you get your passport with visa and other documents back soon

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
Parker:

hello!

So, I decided to just check the ECAS to see what's going on. and lo and behold there's this:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 11, 2012.
We started processing your application on March 14, 2013.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

So, I guess it's almost safe to assume, I should be getting my COPR soon? Do you know if this is something they will send via e-mail (as that's how they've been corresponding with me [my selected contact choice])? I just don't want to miss anything, especially when I read that other person's account of receiving their approval letter via post, after they were supposed to land...

Seriously, I wish they would say, instead of "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.", "We are GLAD to say your application for PR has been approved! Details to come!"

...you know? or something along those lines! LOL. Otherwise until I hear from them I'm still holding my breath--so to speak.

Thanks!

Nikki

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
slunikkimc3 said:
Parker:

hello!

So, I decided to just check the ECAS to see what's going on. and lo and behold there's this:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 11, 2012.
We started processing your application on March 14, 2013.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

So, I guess it's almost safe to assume, I should be getting my COPR soon? Do you know if this is something they will send via e-mail (as that's how they've been corresponding with me [my selected contact choice])? I just don't want to miss anything, especially when I read that other person's account of receiving their approval letter via post, after they were supposed to land...

Seriously, I wish they would say, instead of "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.", "We are GLAD to say your application for PR has been approved! Details to come!"

...you know? or something along those lines! LOL. Otherwise until I hear from them I'm still holding my breath--so to speak.

Thanks!

Nikki
Heya!

Did you send your passport already? If so, it'll be the COPR. They do not send it via e-mail as it's on special paper (with not for travel in the background). So hunt your mailman ;)

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
parker24 said:
Heya!

Did you send your passport already? If so, it'll be the COPR. They do not send it via e-mail as it's on special paper (with not for travel in the background). So hunt your mailman ;)

Yes, I sent the passport scan via e-mail (as requested). So, OK, good to know it's coming via mail! I don't even know if it's going to my address in Newfoundland or here in NYC (I can't remember which one we wrote on the PR application). So I'll have my partner keep his eye out in NL and I'll do the same here in NY.

Thanks Parker!

mich112

Apr 27, 2013
New york
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

i really need some help.
my time line as bellow

We received your application for permanent residence on June 28, 2012.

We started processing your application on January 24, 2013.

however after massive amount of emails i revived an reply on march 22nd,2013 saying that
"Your landing paper and visa will be issued by the Los Angeles office.
Your sponsor is required to first pay the landing fee, then the visa office will request your passport

However my husband did pay the landing fee back in november 2012. Then my husband contact the cic customer service center and confirm that they have the payment and i did revived an email on April 18,2013 as bellow

"
Good day,

This is concerning your inquiry about your RPRF payment. Indeed, the payment is complete.

Please ignore the request."

So I am now waiting for the passport request does anyone know how long it will take for me to get the passport request . I really appreciate if someone can give some information for me and this getting so frustrating specially when i read others time lines it looks like my time line is messed up.

Thank you​

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
mich112 said:
hi

i really need some help.
my time line as bellow

however after massive amount of emails i revived an reply on march 22nd,2013 saying that
Your sponsor is required to first pay the landing fee, then the visa office will request your passport

However my husband did pay the landing fee back in november 2012. Then my husband contact the cic customer service center and confirm that they have the payment and i did revived an email on April 18,2013 as bellow

"
Good day,

This is concerning your inquiry about your RPRF payment. Indeed, the payment is complete.

So I am now waiting for the passport request does anyone know how long it will take for me to get the passport request . I really appreciate if someone can give some information for me and this getting so frustrating specially when i read others time lines it looks like my time line is messed up.

Thank you

May be a week, may be a month. It depends on the officer who is working on your file.​

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
after sending so many emails to LA about my passport and the label activation. they sent me email :

Dear Applicant,

We have received your passport and it is in processing. Please be advised that current processing times are 4 to 8 weeks not including mailing times.

Regards

Immigration Section / Service des Visas

atleast got a reply from them.

counting the days (or weeks)
its just 1 week passed ... :mad: :(

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mich112 said:
hi

i really need some help.
my time line as bellow

"
Good day,

Thank you

it really depends on your Visa Officer... when he asks for. or if you are US citizen or from visa exempt country then may be they will just send you COPR in mail.
or you can ask your MP to check on it.
and its just not your timeline which is messed up.. I filed my application 2 months before you filed and am still waiting..:(