+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
This is for your Computergeek. (or anybody who have gone thru my situation)

I got PPR 4 days and I sent my passport 2days ago through expressmail. it says it was delivered and signed by 'Canadian'. has anybody got this i mean signed a package by 'Canadian' ?
and another question is today I checked the label number of my return package. (though i knew it would not started) it says they received shipment information .
i read in this thread that you used to check your label number and it got started. can you share with me that yours also said shipment info received ? or showed you postage local scan ?
i am just confused ... how can they send in my passport just in 2 days ? is it even possible ????

ps. my VO is LA

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UsCa said:
This is for your Computergeek. (or anybody who have gone thru my situation)

I got PPR 4 days and I sent my passport 2days ago through expressmail. it says it was delivered and signed by 'Canadian'. has anybody got this i mean signed a package by 'Canadian' ?
and another question is today I checked the label number of my return package. (though i knew it would not started) it says they received shipment information .
i read in this thread that you used to check your label number and it got started. can you share with me that yours also said shipment info received ? or showed you postage local scan ?
i am just confused ... how can they send in my passport just in 2 days ? is it even possible ????

ps. my VO is LA
What exactly is the message when you check the label no. online. 2 days is very fast. Does it actually give you info like the destinations and the day when you would receive the envelope?

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
the message says "electronic shipment info received"
and when i click on that it says they were electronically notified by the shipper to expect package for mailing.
it was a prepaid envelope. UPS

so which means they were the shipper and I receiver
but ... 2days ... can it be possible ?
i myself cannot believe it... that is why wanted to ask Computergeek (or someone who had situation of label activated)

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well hopefully thats good news then that it got done in 2 days. Almost unbelievable. Hope everything works out. Lets us know.

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hoping for good news too. Fingers cross
Yes i post whatever happens.
Yes its unbelievable for me too. ;) And if it is good news then hats off to LA VO

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you check you online ecas to see if it changed to Decision made?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
UsCa said:
Yes, i checked thrice today. Still says In Process
E-CAS went to DM on the same day I received my COPR (the day AFTER it showed up at my company's US office). The USPS tracking info started showing up the day they sent it out, but before that I just received an error. So perhaps you just got lucky and your passport is on its way back to you.

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
I hope so.
Initially when your label number started working. Did it showed same thing like mine ”shipment info received” or it said those scan destinations ?

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
We decided to redo our medicals. They were expired. LA did not ask for it. Should my husband mail the originals to LA or Ottawa? Is it okay if i just can email the scan copy to LA ( which i already it)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
UsCa said:
I hope so.
Initially when your label number started working. Did it showed same thing like mine ”shipment info received” or it said those scan destinations ?
My recollection is that I saw the shipment info received message and then the next day the 3pm delivery estimate (it didn't show up on time, though).

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
computergeek said:
My recollection is that I saw the shipment info received message and then the next day the 3pm delivery estimate (it didn't show up on time, though).
Thanks for the answer Computergeek.
Really ! I appreciate it.
yes same with me. they delivered my package and after 8hours it showed up on the website.

hoping that something comes up on their website when i track it tomorrow.. this weekend is here to test my patience i believe. ???

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
UsCa said:
Thanks for the answer Computergeek.
Really ! I appreciate it.
yes same with me. they delivered my package and after 8hours it showed up on the website.

hoping that something comes up on their website when i track it tomorrow.. this weekend is here to test my patience i believe. ???
Hope I will soon share my experience about USPS tracking thing ... :'(
and I am sure you will get your passport very soon with visa on it.

keep us updated :)

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
simb said:
Hope I will soon share my experience about USPS tracking thing ... :'(
and I am sure you will get your passport very soon with visa on it.

keep us updated :)
yes waiting for this week to start.
and you will soon share your experience.. [have patience ]

and yes I will be updating as soon as any info comes up... :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Ambber29 said:
We decided to redo our medicals. They were expired. LA did not ask for it. Should my husband mail the originals to LA or Ottawa? Is it okay if i just can email the scan copy to LA ( which i already it)
Sure. But chances are you probably wasted money.