+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

backcountry

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-12
AOR Received.
26-06-12
File Transfer...
28-06-12
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Passport Req..
20-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
04-12-12
A hearty, hearty CONGRATULATIONS!, Computergeek!! It's been a long time coming, glad for your success!!

Now listen up, no abandoning us here, got that? We need your expertise!

All the best to you and your wife!

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
Hi Everyone!! So I just spoke with my MP and asked him to inquire about my case. He told me that the only thing that is hold me up is my medical which I already knew from the LA office. He said that it's nothing to do with my case in particular but rather that they are just busy. I told him that people that have filed after me have been getting their PPR and he told me I shouldnt look at that since every case is different and people arent honest about their timelines (ummm why wouldn't people be honest?).

This is so frustrating since its not like its just one person that has gotten their PPR its a bunch from march and even april and I am from Feb!!! I am very happy for everyone getting their PPR so dont misunderstand this post I am just trying to get to the bottom of my case and it seems like there is something with my medicals thats holding me up. Is anyone else from Feb in the same boat? I have the most simple case. Now he told me I may have to redo my medicals unless he can ask them to extend the medicals.

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
happylaw said:
Hi Everyone!! So I just spoke with my MP and asked him to inquire about my case. He told me that the only thing that is hold me up is my medical which I already knew from the LA office. He said that it's nothing to do with my case in particular but rather that they are just busy. I told him that people that have filed after me have been getting their PPR and he told me I shouldnt look at that since every case is different and people arent honest about their timelines (ummm why wouldn't people be honest?).

This is so frustrating since its not like its just one person that has gotten their PPR its a bunch from march and even april and I am from Feb!!! I am very happy for everyone getting their PPR so dont misunderstand this post I am just trying to get to the bottom of my case and it seems like there is something with my medicals thats holding me up. Is anyone else from Feb in the same boat? I have the most simple case. Now he told me I may have to redo my medicals unless he can ask them to extend the medicals.
I hear your frustration!! I send an email asking for confirmation on both my husbands medical and FBI Clearance... They have never responded. We received a letter on Friday asking for the FBI Clearance :mad: :mad: :mad: I called CIC this morning, as well, I emailed copies of the Medical tracking and the FBI Clearance letter to the Officer. We even addressed the FBI letter to the specific Officer who has been in communications with us.

It's so frustrating!!! There is no sense in how these are processed, it all depends on who picks up your file and how efficient they are...

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
scottandlisag said:
I hear your frustration!! I send an email asking for confirmation on both my husbands medical and FBI Clearance... They have never responded. We received a letter on Friday asking for the FBI Clearance :mad: :mad: :mad: I called CIC this morning, as well, I emailed copies of the Medical tracking and the FBI Clearance letter to the Officer. We even addressed the FBI letter to the specific Officer who has been in communications with us.

It's so frustrating!!! There is no sense in how these are processed, it all depends on who picks up your file and how efficient they are...
Thanks for your comment :) At least you have some communication! I dont even know who my officer is. Yupp I have a feelings it's just a luck of the draw! I hope all of this is over soon!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
to be completely honest I dunno that you keep the same officer per say every communication I have gotten from the CIC has been signed if you would call it by a pair of initials all have been different initials... :-[

nickolinasf

Aug 17, 2012
happylaw said:

Yeah! I know what you mean, but I've been looking (and obsessing) over the timelines and I realized that it's now most likely going from when your file was transferred to LA. that means if you've filed Feb 9th and your file was sent July 29, but someone else filed Mar 16 and their file was sent Jun 20th, they are now ahead, and in priority.

I'm waiting too! Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if I had to wait 2 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months--I would be patient, and suck it up, so long as I knew a DEFINITIVE date; something exact, or specific to look forward to. It's not knowing that's absolutely killing me, it's not knowing if it's going to be tomorrow or sometime next year. It makes planning SO difficult.

But I still take part of the communal pleasure in seeing other people's applications go through, (it's a small reward for everyone, it seems) and so I'll still haunt the forums even though I know I should just let it go.

My timeline is:

Application Sent: Feb. 22
Application Recv'd: Feb 27
Sponsor Approval: Jun 7

Medical Results have been received.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nickolinasf said:
Yeah! I know what you mean, but I've been looking (and obsessing) over the timelines and I realized that it's now most likely going from when your file was transferred to LA. that means if you've filed Feb 9th and your file was sent July 29, but someone else filed Mar 16 and their file was sent Jun 20th, they are now ahead, and in priority.
Oh believe me, as relieved as I am to have this over, I do feel a bit guilty about jumping the queue. But it is clear that CPP-O and LA are starting to get into the swing of things. This suggests to me that CIC knew this was coming for a while before it was announced and the transition has been smoother than I'd certainly expected it to go.

I hope that the process comes to conclusion for everyone quickly!

manispreet

Jul 9, 2012
San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa -> LA (may be)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-07-2012
Med's Request
09-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
computergeek said:
So, it's now officially complete. My COPR showed up at 1:30 pm (yeah FedEx Saturday delivery) and I officially landed at Douglas (Peace Arch) at 5:17 pm. My spouse picked me up after work and we headed down. On the US side I had to get my passport stamped, which meant going into the US facility and standing in line for 15 minutes - the actual stamping took 2 minutes, mostly because the officer had to enter the information into the computer. The "Return to Canada" ramp was closed, so we had to loop around through Blaine, WA and back towards the Canadian border. Two minutes wait in the Nexus lane, 45 seconds discussion with the officer and off we go to the Canadian offices. Three minute wait in line, hand the CBSA officer both copies of the COPR and my passport - he seemed surprised that both copies had my picture on them. He then said he'd call me when he was done. I had just enough time to check in on Facebook and post status and then he called my name - perhaps 3 minutes. He went over the COPR, asked me for the address to mail the PR card, confirmed that I hadn't been convicted of any crimes anywhere and that I didn't have any dependents that weren't declared on the application. I signed it, he took one copy (I had to get him to take the right copy, he almost gave me the CIC copy and kept mine), stamped my passport, wrote the document number in my passport, stapled it and folded it up.

We walked away from the counter at 5:17 pm.

Three years, three months, 17 days (and 77 minutes - just for you parker24!) from the time I applied for PR to the time I successfully landed.

Best wishes for everyone - may your own immigration story come to a close.

Hello Computergeek

Glad to hear that your process went smoothly. Just one question, why did you need to go to US border office to stamp something? I have an Indian passport, do I also have to do the same while landing into Canada?

Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
manispreet said:
Glad to hear that your process went smoothly. Just one question, why did you need to go to US border office to stamp something? I have an Indian passport, do I also have to do the same while landing into Canada?
The final step of becoming a permanent resident of Canada is the execution of your COPR and the updating of your information in the computer. For an Outland applicant this may be done at a CIC office (by appointment - call the call centre and hope you get through) or at a Port of Entry. So I went to the border to execute the COPR and formally change status from "foreign national" to "permanent resident".

Since I was impatient, I went down to the border and completed it.

If you are inside Canada, you, with an Indian passport, can also go to the US border, get an "administrative refusal" and then head to the Canadian side. Show them your COPR, your passport and your US refusal and they'll send you inside to complete the process. If you are outside Canada, you may land at the first POE - so if you fly into Toronto, you land there and then catch your connection to your final destination (if it isn't GTA).

:D

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
computergeek said:
The final step of becoming a permanent resident of Canada is the execution of your COPR and the updating of your information in the computer. For an Outland applicant this may be done at a CIC office (by appointment - call the call centre and hope you get through) or at a Port of Entry. So I went to the border to execute the COPR and formally change status from "foreign national" to "permanent resident".

Since I was impatient, I went down to the border and completed it.

If you are inside Canada, you, with an Indian passport, can also go to the US border, get an "administrative refusal" and then head to the Canadian side. Show them your COPR, your passport and your US refusal and they'll send you inside to complete the process. If you are outside Canada, you may land at the first POE - so if you fly into Toronto, you land there and then catch your connection to your final destination (if it isn't GTA).

:D
I'm curious about something, and if you don't know CG, I can go and research it, but how do you know if a bridge will do the landing thing? (I ask because I live right near two bridges)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
parker24 said:
I'm curious about something, and if you don't know CG, I can go and research it, but how do you know if a bridge will do the landing thing? (I ask because I live right near two bridges)
Check the CBSA website. Here's the link for CBSA offices (POEs) that have immigration services: http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype38-e.html

It also lists their hours of operation.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
computergeek said:
Check the CBSA website. Here's the link for CBSA offices (POEs) that have immigration services: http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype38-e.html

It also lists their hours of operation.
Sweet! 1000 Islands Bridge is on there :D Thanks! This is why you need to hang around a little longer, to advise us youngsters in the system :p

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
I logged into eCas today and apparently I went in process on October 4th when they sent me the email about the police certificate. My certificate won't get back to them for probably another month, and with all of these March PPRs coming through, I'm worried that this delay is going to cause my file to fall through the cracks :(

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
Rose2D2 said:
I logged into eCas today and apparently I went in process on October 4th when they sent me the email about the police certificate. My certificate won't get back to them for probably another month, and with all of these March PPRs coming through, I'm worried that this delay is going to cause my file to fall through the cracks :(
We just got a letter on Friday asking for the same... we send my husbands FBI clearance letter Sept 10, 2012. They still aren't confirming they've received it!! E-CAS hasn't changed for us though. :( :'( :'( :'( :(

scottandlisag

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O---> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012 <3
After 6 mths and 3 weeks we are finally IN PROCESS as of October 14!!!! My hubby arrived home this morning and on the early drive home (7:41am to be exact) we received an email!!!! ;D

I guess not hearing anything isn't so bad!!