+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
hopefully it will happen before they start processing the extension and you can withdraw the extension and get your money back! I know I sure hate giving my money to the government! GL!

CDNUSCOUPLE

Jul 27, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I originally thought I was going be processed in LA since that's what it said in my sponsorship application but today I received a PPR from Ottawa.

We applied May 1, ECAS says received May 8, Sponsorship Approval Aug 8, PPR today, Oct 18. I was completely surprised as I thought it would take much longer. Everyone's posts in this topic really helped me out and I hope everyone's PPR come soon.

And I guess one of the great things about it is that they only requested a passport copy/scanned image since USA is a visa exempt country.

Good luck to all!

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CORP received Dec 5, 2012
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
CDNUSCOUPLE said:
Hey Everyone,

I originally thought I was going be processed in LA since that's what it said in my sponsorship application but today I received a PPR from Ottawa.

We applied May 1, ECAS says received May 8, Sponsorship Approval Aug 8, PPR today, Oct 18. I was completely surprised as I thought it would take much longer. Everyone's posts in this topic really helped me out and I hope everyone's PPR come soon.

And I guess one of the great things about it is that they only requested a passport copy/scanned image since USA is a visa exempt country.

Good luck to all!

Congratulations!!!! Thats great news!!! Best of luck! :) :)

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
CDNUSCOUPLE said:
Hey Everyone,

Good luck to all!
That is wonderful news, indeed! Congratulations!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNUSCOUPLE said:
Hey Everyone,

Good luck to all!
Congratulations! Happy landing :)

If you take a look just below the passport requirements, they only want the bio page and any pages that change your personal information so hopefully that saves you a bit of scanning :)

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
Hi guys,
LA just called me yesterday asking some questions about our marriage. Then they sent me a letter asking for FBI and evidence like this:
"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:
- ORIGINAL FBI clearance certificate for yourself.(I've been living in USA over a year.)
- Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver's licenses, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient evidence/indicators for proof of Canadian residency."
BTW: I was required for an interview in July, Buffalo, cancelled because of the closure.The LA office didn't mention another interview in the future, just asked me to follow the instruction .I'm not sure about the interview in the future.

Anybody has the same situation?Would you please help me with these two questions:
How long does it take to obtain FBI?
what is the average time to the next step after submitting FBI?
Thanks a lot.

Pigey

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived! WOOT!
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
19-01-2013
cindy-cn said:
Hi guys,
LA just called me yesterday asking some questions about our marriage. Then they sent me a letter asking for FBI and evidence like this:
"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:
- ORIGINAL FBI clearance certificate for yourself.(I've been living in USA over a year.)
- Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver's licenses, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient evidence/indicators for proof of Canadian residency."
BTW: I was required for an interview in July, Buffalo, cancelled because of the closure.The LA office didn't mention another interview in the future, just asked me to follow the instruction .I'm not sure about the interview in the future.

Anybody has the same situation?Would you please help me with these two questions:
How long does it take to obtain FBI?
what is the average time to the next step after submitting FBI?
Thanks a lot.
My FBI Cert took about 6 weeks. As for the amount of time after that I can't really say, I submitted mine with my application.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Wow May approval... That's great but I still don't understand CIC I know a few that must be livid... Don't blame you this is becoming ridiculous....

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
cgagnon said:
Wow May approval... That's great but I still don't understand CIC I know a few that must be livid... Don't blame you this is becoming ridiculous....
Tell me about it! I am still waiting, I got my notes ordered and finally received them last night, everything is ready expect for my meds. They are simply waiting to download them. I dont know why its taking so long and now I am afraid I annoyed them since I emailed twice (no response), had my MP inquire(told me I had to wait as medicals could take a while) and I sent a letter to the medical department. I feel like the Feb people fell through the cracks.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
cgagnon said:
Indeed
seeing others getting pprs (even they applied after you...no grudge against them....lucky them) and you still on 'application received'...itsss insane

happylaw

Star Member
Jul 31, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
File Transfer...
May 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY SOON
simb said:
Indeed
seeing others getting pprs (even they applied after you...no grudge against them....lucky them) and you still on 'application received'...itsss insane

But like you said we can't hold grudges and I was told by my MP that it all depends on the officer and his workload. One officer could have all good cases and process quicker than another who has to investigate a fraudulent marriage so I think that is why there is an inconsistency in the processing times.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
happylaw said:
But like you said we can't hold grudges and I was told by my MP that it all depends on the officer and his workload. One officer could have all good cases and process quicker than another who has to investigate a fraudulent marriage so I think that is why there is an inconsistency in the processing times.
yea
and even visa officer is right on his place.. but we who are genuine married suffers. we have to bear that long distance thing and if we are together then that feeling of having all the household on just one person makes you feel bad. :(

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
My husband just received an email request to pay the RPRF. Happy to hear from CIC, it's just bad timing because I have no clue how we're going to come up with $490.

The way the email is worded makes it sound like it has to be paid by me.. my husband can't put it on his credit card?

"NOTE: The RPRF in the amount of $490.00 CAD (or $490.00 USD) MUST be paid directly by your sponsor in Canada to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga"

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
My husband paid mine with his credit card online, CPC-M e-mailed us a copy of the reciept, I then e-mail that to Ottawa and snail mailed a copy to CPC-M like it asked.... I believe it says that cus the sponsor is in Canada and it must of been ok cus I got PPR 25 days later....

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Sunshine87 said:
My husband just received an email request to pay the RPRF. Happy to hear from CIC, it's just bad timing because I have no clue how we're going to come up with $490.

The way the email is worded makes it sound like it has to be paid by me.. my husband can't put it on his credit card?

"NOTE: The RPRF in the amount of $490.00 CAD (or $490.00 USD) MUST be paid directly by your sponsor in Canada to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga"
They don't care whose credit card you use (well, as long as its with permission of the owner of the card, of course.) They just want the money to go to CPC-M.

That's great news, since that means they're ready to send you a PPR (if they'd had the RPRF in hand, you'd likely have received the PPR.)

:D