+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long waiting for parents visitor visa - submitted in May 2023

amao2514

May 13, 2024
Hello,

I submitted the visitor visa applications for my parents back to May 28th 2023. The process was moving till July 5th 2023 , they completed the biometrics and I checked online it was showing "completed".

The next step is background check and since July 5th 2023 it just stuck there.

My parents came before so it is not really a new application. They also have valid US visa. Reaching out IRCC via web or call does not help anything at all. They were basically repeating , it is in progress.

So frustrating !

I requested GCMS notes on July 7th 2024 and received it a week ago. Both their applications the last notes update was on Nov 2023.

Anyone experienced this excessive long waiting ?

By reading IRCC website instruction seems if the processing time is excessive long beyond normal , then it is possible to contact them. But obviously they will just send template email telling me "it is in progress".

Any input or tips is appreciated

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is a new application. Having a past approved permit is not relevant. Where do they live? Is either of them from the military? Have they considered just reapplying? You could consider asking your MP to follow up.

amao2514

May 13, 2024
It is a new application. Having a past approved permit is not relevant. Where do they live? Is either of them from the military? Have they considered just reapplying? You could consider asking your MP to follow up.
Thanks for your reply. Whilst I understand technically it is a new application , I guess I meant to say they were approved before so there would be some difference comparing with someone who is applying the first time. For example they were approved before means they met the requirements before (I understand each application is evaluated on their own merits) , and there are records they came and left Canada on time. Basically I mean it may bring some positive when it comes to the consideration than people who apply for it the first time completely brand new.

No, none of them from the military , nothing like that at all , completely just an ordinary family and that's why it is very frustrating. If there is anything really worth to concern the "security" , my parents and I would be less frustrated. Last time when I applied for them it only took roughly 3 - 4 weeks from apply to get both approved . If their passports had enough longer valid period , the visa shall still be valid because it was issued till the expiration of their passports (max 10 years) , multi entries .

You mean my local MP ? I saw many times people mentioned MP but did not know much they might be able to help something.

Idk if reapplying can do anything because it is just absurd ridiculous long right now. Kind of worry reply then gonna be the same thing. IRCC web and phone no help at all it is like falling into a black hole .

Probably I should reach out to MP.

Thanks mate

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply. Whilst I understand technically it is a new application , I guess I meant to say they were approved before so there would be some difference comparing with someone who is applying the first time. For example they were approved before means they met the requirements before (I understand each application is evaluated on their own merits) , and there are records they came and left Canada on time. Basically I mean it may bring some positive when it comes to the consideration than people who apply for it the first time completely brand new.

No, none of them from the military , nothing like that at all , completely just an ordinary family and that's why it is very frustrating. If there is anything really worth to concern the "security" , my parents and I would be less frustrated. Last time when I applied for them it only took roughly 3 - 4 weeks from apply to get both approved . If their passports had enough longer valid period , the visa shall still be valid because it was issued till the expiration of their passports (max 10 years) , multi entries .

You mean my local MP ? I saw many times people mentioned MP but did not know much they might be able to help something.

Idk if reapplying can do anything because it is just absurd ridiculous long right now. Kind of worry reply then gonna be the same thing. IRCC web and phone no help at all it is like falling into a black hole .

Probably I should reach out to MP.

Thanks mate
There is no difference than person applying the first time. They enter the queue and are assessed based on their own funds, travel history, ties to return and whether they overstayed. Where are they from because that is a factor.

amao2514

May 13, 2024
There is no difference than person applying the first time. They enter the queue and are assessed based on their own funds, travel history, ties to return and whether they overstayed. Where are they from because that is a factor.
Thanks for your reply.

With all respect mate, "whether they overstayed" as you mentioned ,that is a difference what I meant compare with people apply for the first time. I fully understand they enter the queue like everyone else who apply the first time or not. Did not think about there was an approved visa before so there is a fast track. Regardless, there is nothing reasonable can explain this can take so long come to our case.

I will try to contact MP see he / she may respond or can do anything. Thanks for the suggestion.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply.

With all respect mate, "whether they overstayed" as you mentioned ,that is a difference what I meant compare with people apply for the first time. I fully understand they enter the queue like everyone else who apply the first time or not. Did not think about there was an approved visa before so there is a fast track. Regardless, there is nothing reasonable can explain this can take so long come to our case.

I will try to contact MP see he / she may respond or can do anything. Thanks for the suggestion.
If well past processing time for country (UK is over a year) then contact MP. MP Can find out where the application is in the queue. If processing for country is a month then would have reapplied.