+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
We applied LMIA on 25th jan and got file number on 3rd of feb in British Columbia, you need to call service canada once!

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
OnOn said:
My husband applied LMIA on 25th of Jan but no news , even no file number.
very worried.
Anyone updated?

Me too applied on 25th Jan but received file number on the 3rd of feb...best of luck!

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OnOn said:
My husband applied LMIA on 25th of Jan but no news , even no file number.
very worried.
Anyone updated?
My employer applyed on october never got the file numer contacted SC and they said to update the file he did so and got file number in for days in November, so better contact them to see if they got your file

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
The processing time for both LMIAs are the same. All the requirements are also the same.
The only different is that the Dual Intent LMIA will give you a work permit that will allows you to work in Canada while you are waiting for the PR and you need to pay a CAN$1000 fee. The other LMIA is valid only for PR and is free, which means that you will not get any work permit or work permit extension.
Thanks Sandra and Funbox. I already have work permit till next year so i can go either way right? I was wondering if there is any difference in processing then i should choose that but as you said both are same so i will pick either of them. Thanks

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
preet93 said:
Thanks Sandra and Funbox. I already have work permit till next year so i can go either way right? I was wondering if there is any difference in processing then i should choose that but as you said both are same so i will pick either of them. Thanks
Yes. If you already have a work permit, you can go anyway. In this case, you could apply for the LMIA that gives you the PR only since this one is free.
It's important to notice that if you work permit expires before you get the PR, you will not be allowed to work until you get the PR. If money is not a problem for your employer, just apply for the dual intent.

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funbox said:
Yes. If you already have a work permit, you can go anyway. In this case, you could apply for the LMIA that gives you the PR only since this one is free.
It's important to notice that if you work permit expires before you get the PR, you will not be allowed to work until you get the PR. If money is not a problem for your employer, just apply for the dual intent.
Money is not the issue. The onlyproblem i have with dual intent is after the approval my open work permit will be changed to closed work permit with my employer right? So i want to keep it open until i get the PR. Thanks

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Hello,

My employer posted 4 advertisements (Including JOBBANK) on July, 2015 and they have been continuously renewed without letting them expire. He was not able to submit a LMIA until Feb. 04 reason being he was waiting for the required tax document T1.

Do you guys think this is going to be a problem? The advertisements being posted since July, 2015. It is worth mentioning that there are no long time gaps in between.

Thank you.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Master7 said:
Hello,

My employer posted 4 advertisements (Including JOBBANK) on July, 2015 and they have been continuously renewed without letting them expire. He was not able to submit a LMIA until Feb. 04 reason being he was waiting for the required tax document T1.

Do you guys think this is going to be a problem? The advertisements being posted since July, 2015. It is worth mentioning that there are no long time gaps in between.

Thank you.
It is not a problem if they were continuously renewed and are still active. Indeed, it is better than advertising just for a month. This can be an argument that your employer can use to say how hard is being to find someone that has the qualifications he is looking for.

AlanKju

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Brazil (for now...)
Category........
NOC Code......
2141 - Industrial Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sep-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Oct-15
Interview........
27-Jan-2016
Guys... APPROVED!!!!

My employer received +30 CVs but was able to handle SC. My process started on 10/Sep. interview was mid January. Requested proof of ongoing ad in jobbank and some wording adjustment on the job offer (adding "permanent"). It was issued last Tuesday, but the result comes by email.

One intimate detail. I've got this news one hour AFTER I was laid off from my current job. At least it spared me the effort to do that within a month.

Thank you guys for being a relief and motivation. And most of all thank God for this miraculous accomplishment. I've never worked in Canada before. I met my employer attending to a conference here in Brazil.

Also thanks to Juliana Dueck from Entry Canada, for being such a great immigration lawyer.

All the best!!!

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
AlanKju said:
Guys... APPROVED!!!!

My employer received +30 CVs but was able to handle SC. My process started on 10/Sep. interview was mid January. Requested proof of ongoing ad in jobbank and some wording adjustment on the job offer (adding "permanent"). It was issued last Tuesday, but the result comes by email.

One intimate detail. I've got this news one hour AFTER I was laid off from my current job. At least it spared me the effort to do that within a month.

Thank you guys for being a relief and motivation. And most of all thank God for this miraculous accomplishment. I've never worked in Canada before. I met my employer attending to a conference here in Brazil.

Also thanks to Juliana Dueck from Entry Canada, for being such a great immigration lawyer.

All the best!!!
Constrats man! I hope you enjoy Cananda!

diewke

Feb 16, 2016
Congratulations!
We have also received word that our (my husbands) lmia was approved. applied medio september, no idea when interview was . Email from cic to employer said that it was approved and toexpect letter 'shortly'.
Since lmia took 5 months when it should have taken 2 weeks....... anyone have an idea when we can expect that letter?????!?

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

SarahNicole

Oct 29, 2015
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations AlanKju! I'm sure you will love it here. ;D

On a side note, my boyfriend's work emailed saying they were just waiting for an answer on February 3rd and we still have not heard anything. Is this normal? About how long does it take for them to say yes or no?

August 2014 ainp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
AlanKju said:
Guys... APPROVED!!!!

All the best!!!
congrats man

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!!! What a great news for you! We are STILL waiting, and the process started september 1.....with interview mid january and add pappers sent. There still a hope...Enjoy Canada!