+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Sorry didn't quite understand your question. I am referring to your having to apply for restoration of status. If you sent your application for OWP/PR (with fees) before your WP expired, you're supposed to be under "implied status", so you don't need to apply for the restoration.

jean1982 said:
If The officer who processed my application might not have checked my database record,then the officer who charge the owp should issue my owp already now because I meet everything they ask , right?

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
molo5000 said:
@ Bambiegirl.. Mr. Fabregas is not the one who do the law! Let he write on paper and sign what she told you.. and give me the copy!

Thanks!

-molo5000
Correction please....its not Mr. Fabregas...its Atty Fabregas...an immigration lawyer who happens to be the one who passed the Juana Tejada bill(no second medical exam for caregivers). And again, like job seeker said...WORKING OR NOT WORKING AS LONG AS YOU PASS YOUR OWP/PR APPLICATIONS YOU ARE ON IMPLIED STATUS. Unless you change employer, you need the new work permit.

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
libra girl said:
Hi guys,
Is there any single applicant here in this forum wherein after applying their OWP & PR the employer release him/her due to shortage of work in short unemployed for more than a year and if it will not jeopardize the application? I submitted my application last June 3rd...cic received it June 7 then they starts processing it by august 23,2010 according to ECAS...til now I ddnt received any letters or notices about my papers from the CIC. I know a friend she mailed here OWP & PR June 19,2010 then this Sept.14 she got her OWP and by Sept.21 she has her PR!

thanks and god bless for all of us!!!!
@ Libra girl... Your friend send her application last year in June 19 and has her OWP already? Great news...
Please include her on the list...It's good to know that they are really working on our application.

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@libragirl no it will not jeopardize your application.. june 19 and she got her owp. i wish our may married applicants get theirs. this is getting ridiculous..

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Unfortunately all this process is ridiculous, 17 months it's a joke already. I think they will work in the singles for awhile, then in the married for awhile. It doesn't make any sense...
But again, it's not all singles that are receiving their OWP, some singles from may didn't receive it yet. I don't know what's going on...

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maybe its the province. or if there's only one employer. i don't know anymore.. i have nothing against single applicants getting their owp. i'm thrilled.. but cic should focus more with those applicants with dependants. these are parents who have kids back home
@libragirl which province does ur friend live?

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@bambiegirl we've been going through this implied status over and over eh? it is actually confusing but jobseeker is right. send a letter to cic. have you send ur application already bambiegirl?

libra girl

Star Member
Jun 29, 2010
sarah cunanan said:
maybe its the province. or if there's only one employer. i don't know anymore.. i have nothing against single applicants getting their owp. i'm thrilled.. but cic should focus more with those applicants with dependants. these are parents who have kids back home
@ libragirl which province does ur friend live?

ah okay..thanks for the reply!!!! province of BC

libra girl

Star Member
Jun 29, 2010
katileia said:
@ Libra girl... Your friend send her application last year in June 19 and has her OWP already? Great news...
Please include her on the list...It's good to know that they are really working on our application.
hi kat,
Yup, she got her PR yesterday!!!that's why I'm a bit confuse how come she got it early, as on the CIC website it says it takes 17 mos for us to have them give their final decession regarding our applications. She's single same as mine too, but the difference is that I am unemployed whereas she is still working in her current employer!

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
job_seeker said:
Write CIC and attach a copy of the receipt paid for your OWP/PR application (assuming you sent both at the same time and paid the corresponding fees). This will prove that you have applied for an OWP before your last WP expired. Since you applied for the OWP before your status expired, you're then under "implied status". The officer who processed your application might not have checked your database record and assumed that you have no OWP application pending.
Thanks job_seeker! I'm waiting somebody who has more knowledge to suggest here, good you come!

-molo5000

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Monalizy said:
Are saying you are not covered under implied status after you put in your application for OWP / PR and your employer releases you ? How about those who stop working immediately they put in their Applicaton and they get E.I ? They even receive OWP and PR recently.
@ Monalizy.. released and quiting are different! Did you continue to read my opinion on that post?

I have one question regarding your query.. you said.. "and my work contract was finished in july 2011". What you mean with this??? This is only between you and your employer. Even your contract expire but if your employer want you to stay and work with her, it is fine! The important is she will continue to pay your tax! (at the same time you are on IMPLIED STATUS). But if you say that because your contract expired and you don't want to work with her anymore.. so you are the one who leave her, you are the one who quit on your job so you are on fault on doing that. This is only my presumption on your case! I don't know what really is correct.. unless you will tell us!

When your employer released you, there is a consideration. Even E.I. you can avail! But when you quit, you can't! And both Release by employer and quiting your job automatically stop your implied status. When you released by your employer you could apply an E.I. ..but you could not work in any place or work! If you quit, you need to restore your status by looking for another employer and or depend to the immigration officer that looking for your case of what to do!

And again, this is only my opinion. It up to you and others to listen and believe or not!

-molo5000

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
sarah cunanan said:
@ bambiegirl we've been going through this implied status over and over eh? it is actually confusing but jobseeker is right. send a letter to cic. have you send ur application already bambiegirl?
yup! sent it...they received it but the question is when are they going to open and process it.
yeah....we've been with the implied status again since molo5000 doesnt quiet believed what i quote from my twitter account coming from an immigration lawyer....just too bad!

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@molo don't you think you just refuses to accept other members' opinions. lyne,sweetchad, monalizy,katilea,bambiegirl were been explaining what does implied stat means all along. it took jobseeker's post for you to get the actual fact. anyways,you live you learn..

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
job_seeker said:
Sorry didn't quite understand your question. I am referring to your having to apply for restoration of status. If you sent your application for OWP/PR (with fees) before your WP expired, you're supposed to be under "implied status", so you don't need to apply for the restoration.
@ job_seeker.. It start all here:
jean1982 said:
HI, everybody, My name is Jean. I sent my application on 31 may 2010, and they received on 2nd june 2010. I am single, but didn't receive owp yet. My work permit was expired on 22 march 2011, and my work contract was finished in july 2011. So I am unemployed and don't have valid status. Do you guys think I will be rejected? thanks your reply.
jean1982 said:
CIC sent me a mail a few days ago that they asked me to restore my status because my work permit was expired already and I no longer have temporary resident status in Canada. I mailed all the documents they want and payed 350$. Now I am really frustrated how it happened and I am worrying about my future very much.
can you analyze her query? Thanks!

-molo5000