+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
I hate it!! We should do something about it.

We are tax payers, we have the right to fight for it!

What's wrong with you guys?

With no protest the time line will arrive in 3 years...you will see.

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We just need straight forward and truthful answers from them as to what is going on i think strike is not a solution here as some will lose interest in it if they think its not gonna do them any good and also if they already get what they are waiting for we just need a diplomatic solution there is a good people who wants to help us and i think he can really help if we support him i think people whine here to loose their frustration and we are free to express them

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Do you guys really think that started to work on our process because they are cool?

PLease...Santa Claus will bring your PR this Christmas!!! hahahahahahaha

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@katilea it will come just have patience it may not come tommorow next week even next month but it will come for sure as long as cic is not denying you there is still hope actually yours is not bad cause your single compare to us with dependants that has more burden of a family separation good luck to you

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetchad said:
I did ask them this.They are denying the fact that they are issuing an owp to all single applicants.they said its impossible for them to have the owp because cic is doing application receive up to april 3, 2010.
cic agent really doesn't know whats going on, i just phone yesterday and asked about my applications and I even mentioned that i had a friend who already got her owp and she is june 2 applicants and I am June 3, 2010 and guess what he says, your friend is lucky but according to the website system today the processing is still April 3, 2010.so around November you will receive a letter from us...thats why I was really really upset after talking to him.(cic agent)..:(

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call center agents know nothing, they simply tell us what they see on the website which is the same thing we see. We need an insider who can tell us whats going on. Or one of the policy makers.

Wasn't at the last meeting because it was held on Saturday and I am a Seventh-day Adventist (we keep the Sabbath). I am willing to join any effort to get answers and make changes.

I am so happy to have had this implied status thing cleared up when I wrote incorrect information, because for the longest while I was under the impression that i had to stay with my employer in order to maintain that status.

I have been stuck in this job for a very long time and while I don't want to be ungrateful to them or to God for providing it i think when you cant stand the people your working with anymore its time to move on. I will definitely be working on moving with God's help.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
jean1982 said:
I arrived canada 22 march 2008, my first work permit would expire 22 November 2010. I applied extend of work permit with the same empolyer in september and they issued the second work permit but it only valid untill 22 march 2011 because I missed my provincial document CAQ(this is like a work permit in Quebec), after I got the new CAQ and I applied the third work permit in April 2011 and I got a mail from CIC that I am told my current work permit was expired and I have to restore my temporary resident status.That's the whole story.
hi jean i read your previous post. so your under implied status. you submitted your PR/OWP May 2010 and recived june 2 2010 your almost there. you dont have to pay or extend you wp since your not working anymore with your present employer. go to service canada and apply for ei. if you were release by your employer. not that you quit. print you ecas show to service canada and bring your ROE if you have one, if not the service canada will get it for you. goodluck

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Guys...The update for this week at CIC website is 17 months...Do you think that will increase next week?
I'm getting so hopeless about it...I'm so tired...

chi123

Oct 6, 2009
i think so, because winter vacation is coming. its to much. :(
i hope may pagkkaisa at malakas ang loob ntin mga pinoy.

CedricJames

Sep 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My work permit is expired 22 march 2011 and my work contract is finished july 2011.
jean1982 said:
I arrived canada 22 march 2008, my first work permit would expire 22 November 2010. I applied extend of work permit with the same empolyer in september and they issued the second work permit but it only valid untill 22 march 2011 because I missed my provincial document CAQ(this is like a work permit in Quebec), after I got the new CAQ and I applied the third work permit in April 2011 and I got a mail from CIC that I am told my current work permit was expired and I have to restore my temporary resident status.That's the whole story.
you will base it on the work permit for your status here in canada not the contract. The day that you enter canada 22 march 2008 to 22 march 2011, which is 3 years, within this period you need to complete the 24 months as live in caregiver. 24 months paid taxes.

libra girl

Star Member
Jun 29, 2010
Hi guys,
Is there any single applicant here in this forum wherein after applying their OWP & PR the employer release him/her due to shortage of work in short unemployed for more than a year and if it will not jeopardize the application? I submitted my application last June 3rd...cic received it June 7 then they starts processing it by august 23,2010 according to ECAS....still processing when i checked my status online! my employer released me june 30th last year..'til now I ddnt received any letters or notices about my application from the CIC. I know a friend of mine, she mailed here OWP & PR June 19,2010 then this Sept.14 she got her OWP and by Sept.21 she has her PR!

thanks and god bless for all of us!!!!

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
jean1982 said:
HI, everybody, My name is Jean. I sent my application on 31 may 2010, and they received on 2nd june 2010. I am single, but didn't receive owp yet. My work permit was expired on 22 march 2011, and my work contract was finished in july 2011. So I am unemployed and don't have valid status. Do you guys think I will be rejected? thanks your reply.
@ Jean.. I read your query yesterday but I'm sorry that I can't give my opinion. (I'm so busy..)

This is only my opinion, it's up to you if you listen or not!

First, you say you are unemployed right now. You are right on what you said "you don't have valid status".

katileia said:
Jean, if you had applied for your PR and OWP they should not ask to you to renew your work permit. You are in the implied status.
sweetchad said:
You are on implied status.better to call them.what option did u use to file your pR?24 mOnths or the 3900 hours.
lyne said:
How come that they send you a letter? Try to call the immigration and ask about your status, bec you are implied status.
Monalizy said:
I dont think so. you can choose not to work when you put in your application for PR. that wont still change the fact that you are under iimplied status.
I stand to be corrected.
I'm sorry to katileia, sweetchad, lyne and Monalizy.. but I'm going to contradict your opinion! Implied status is complicated to understand!
Jean, before you apply your OWP & PR you have a valid working permit, then from the time your working permit expired but you already apply your OWP & PR.. you are now on implied status. But there is a condition on that, you should continue to work on same employer stated on your working permit and only work the same as stated on your working permit. That is why you don't have a valid status right now!

cardcraw said:
jean1982.................I think the reason they ask you to restore your status is because you would only be under implied status if you were still working with your employer on your work permit even though it expired. I think because the permit expired and your no longer work for that person you would need to have a new documents to maintain your status. Implied status only apply when your with the same employer not when you are unemployed.
And I found this guy..cardcraw! We have the same opinion!

Second, you ask if you are rejected by CIC on your OWP & PR application? In my opinion, if you ask on this ground (that you don't have valid status).. my answer is NO! CIC can reject you on some ground, but not on this! But they will hold your application until you have a valid status. I think you need to restore your status to become valid.

jean1982 said:
CIC sent me a mail a few days ago that they asked me to restore my status because my work permit was expired already and I no longer have temporary resident status in Canada. I mailed all the documents they want and payed 350$. Now I am really frustrated how it happened and I am worrying about my future very much.
It's good CIC don't sent you letter that you need to leave Canada. They have the right because that was stated also in your working permit. That as soon as your working permit expired, you need to leave the country! Still they give you chance. If you think the $350.. it is a big money. Yes it's hard to find and need to work with that! But then compare that they send you back home is more painful. And aside from that, how about the money that you paid in applying your OWP & PR. They don't ask you that again and still they considered your application as valid but just to restore your status. But if they send you back home, that money you paid in your application is bigger than you paid in restoration!

jean1982 said:
But I am unemployed and don't have valid status right now. I used 24months file.
jean1982 said:
Then how come they asked me to restore my temporary resident status If I am in the implied status?
You know your status, why are you looking some headache??? I don't say you need to listen to me! You need to follow what the CIC told you! They know what they are doing! If you are doubt.. you can see any immigration paralegal and ask your queries! But you need to pay their service. I'll send you pm, try to ask this member, I think he can help you on your problem.

I have one question regarding your query.. you said.. "and my work contract was finished in july 2011". What you mean with this??? This is only between you and your employer. Even your contract expire but if your employer want you to stay and work with her, it is fine! The important is she will continue to pay your tax! (at the same time you are on IMPLIED STATUS). But if you say that because your contract expired and you don't want to work with her anymore.. so you are the one who leave her, you are the one who quit on your job so you are on fault on doing that. This is only my presumption on your case! I don't know what really is correct.. unless you will tell us!

And again jean1982, this is only my opinion and advice on your queries! It's up to you to listen or not! And I hope someday you will get the right answer on your problem!

-molo5000

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
molo5000 said:
@ Jean.. I read your query yesterday but I'm sorry that I can't give my opinion. (I'm so busy..)

This is only my opinion, it's up to you if you listen or not!

First, you say you are unemployed right now. You are right on what you said "you don't have valid status".

I'm sorry to katileia, sweetchad, lyne and Monalizy.. but I'm going to contradict your opinion! Implied status is complicated to understand!
Jean, before you apply your OWP & PR you have a valid working permit, then from the time your working permit expired but you already apply your OWP & PR.. you are now on implied status. But there is a condition on that, you should continue to work on same employer stated on your working permit and only work the same as stated on your working permit. That is why you don't have a valid status right now!

And I found this guy..cardcraw! We have the same opinion!

Second, you ask if you are rejected by CIC on your OWP & PR application? In my opinion, if you ask on this ground (that you don't have valid status).. my answer is NO! CIC can reject you on some ground, but not on this! But they will hold your application until you have a valid status. I think you need to restore your status to become valid.

It's good CIC don't sent you letter that you need to leave Canada. They have the right because that was stated also in your working permit. That as soon as your working permit expired, you need to leave the country! Still they give you chance. If you think the $350.. it is a big money. Yes it's hard to find and need to work with that! But then compare that they send you back home is more painful. And aside from that, how about the money that you paid in applying your OWP & PR. They don't ask you that again and still they considered your application as valid but just to restore your status. But if they send you back home, that money you paid in your application is bigger than you paid in restoration!

You know your status, why are you looking some headache??? I don't say you need to listen to me! You need to follow what the CIC told you! They know what they are doing! If you are doubt.. you can see any immigration paralegal and ask your queries! But you need to pay their service. I'll send you pm, try to ask this member, I think he can help you on your problem.

I have one question regarding your query.. you said.. "and my work contract was finished in july 2011". What you mean with this??? This is only between you and your employer. Even your contract expire but if your employer want you to stay and work with her, it is fine! The important is she will continue to pay your tax! (at the same time you are on IMPLIED STATUS). But if you say that because your contract expired and you don't want to work with her anymore.. so you are the one who leave her, you are the one who quit on your job so you are on fault on doing that. This is only my presumption on your case! I don't know what really is correct.. unless you will tell us!

And again jean1982, this is only my opinion and advice on your queries! It's up to you to listen or not! And I hope someday you will get the right answer on your problem!

-molo5000
@ MOLO 5000

here is my case. april 15,2010 i sent my application for owp/pr.April 19, 2010 they received my application.June 30. 2010 they started to process.last february 28, 2011 my employer released coz they dont need me anymore.april 30.2011 my work permit expired.i called the cic if do i need to apply for a restoration they said no, because i applied for owp/pr last april 2010.i can stay in canada untill a decision has been made by the cic.but im not allowed to work anymore unless a new work permit for a new employer will be made.

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
sweetchad said:
@ MOLO 5000

here is my case. april 15,2010 i sent my application for owp/pr.April 19, 2010 they received my application.June 30. 2010 they started to process.last february 28, 2011 my employer released coz they dont need me anymore.april 30.2011 my work permit expired.i called the cic if do i need to apply for a restoration they said no, because i applied for owp/pr last april 2010.i can stay in canada untill a decision has been made by the cic.but im not allowed to work anymore unless a new work permit for a new employer will be made.
@ sweetchad.. did you read what I wrote to jean1982, on the last paragraph:

Thats why I'm doing a presumption here! In your case you was been "employer released coz they dont need me anymore". that what you said. That is why you avail even the E.I.

And if you notice, I continue that if her "contract expired and you don't want to work with her anymore.. so you are the one who leave her, you are the one who quit on your job so you are on fault on doing that".

Do you still remember this?
sweetchad said:
They said it's ok to apply an EI.EI is not related to cic.they are more on service Canada.but in order for you to approve an EI it should be your employer who released you not you will resigned.
Please read first and analyze the two situation! You are lucky you've got ROE "A". I think jean1982 got "E", IF she is the one who left her employer!

-molo5000

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awe , see that's what i thought Implied Status means. I had to stay with my employer because if i don't i will lose status if my permit expires. That is why Jean has to restore status

Implied status
(Replaces OB 092 – January 15, 2009)
A temporary resident must apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they
have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a
decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary
resident during that period.
If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires
before a decision is made, R186(u) and R189 (the right to continue working or studying under the
same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as
the person remains in Canada.