not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
CdnandTrini said:
Nini!!!! Happy 2 week anniversary my dear and it was your post from last year I was also thinking about when writing about the country showdowns!! I remember it well because it made me laugh so hard reading it back then and I guess it is a pretty common theme for many of us.

Oh it will be very interesting to see your man in winter ;). I have heard we are in for another bad one this year as well so get snow tires for sure if he wants to attempt driving.

Happy to hear your guy loves it so far. Remind him of that in mid-February :p!! Blessings :-*
C&T your stories always make me smile and laugh. Please keep posting the Joys, Trials and Tribulations of Mr and Mrs C&T Life In Canada :D Hmmm perhaps you should write a book :)

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
Congrats SAMMY, SH, SH & baby sh and anyone else that's had some movement!! that is so exciting...tis the season!!

CDNandTrini - giiiirlll your stories literally make me laugh to tears -- it's likely because I can TOTALLY picture Mr. P doing the same things...I have shared your landing story re: not realizing he couldn't step on the snow to SO many people over the last year...I told Mr. P about it too and he was like "yuh know, mi thought it was like sand mon" See? He would have done the same! ;D Also, wouldn't it be amazing to get the JamFam Caribbean/CDN Spouses for a party...Aw lawd...

I'll def keep you posted girly - come back and visit us very soon! Also -- has anyone heard of Immigration just "stopping in" like they threaten :) I haven't heard of that yet, so I was curious.
Lol....glad to be of service my girl and I look forward to hearing about Mr. P's landing and post-landing thoughts and adventures!! So funny that he mentioned thinking that snow might be like sand - makes sense - I never thought of it like that before but I am actually going to ask my hubby if he thought that!! Blessings :-*.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lexi said:
Yes actually. They stopped in to see us 2 years ago to validate he was actually living with me.
lexi...... :eek: so shocked to hear that immigration did a "drop-in". They must be fairly rare/random as I have only read of one other case where there was an ongoing appeal and a pretty solid case of suspected immigration fraud where that happened. Also now, with every spouse being a conditional PR for 2 years from Oct. 2012 there is no way that immigration has the labour power to enforce that in any kind of substantial way. 2 years ago they must have had to do occasional audits; however, they have re-organized their services in a major way, contracting out services to the Visa Application Centres (VACs) cutting a lot of staff, closing offices and combining offices.

That must have felt awful at the time considering you just had surgery :(. But the proof was in the pudding, your guy was out looking after you (sweet) so hopefully they saw that reality when they returned. I wonder if all that is documented in your notes........Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Twoheartsonelove said:
C&T your stories always make me smile and laugh. Please keep posting the Joys, Trials and Tribulations of Mr and Mrs C&T Life In Canada :D Hmmm perhaps you should write a book :)
awwww :) thanks for the kind words THOL.......lol......if I do write one can I use your title above? My husband is always saying, quit writing on the forum and put it in a book!! I think he only says that though because he loves attention and thinks he could get on Oprah this way and become a star.......lmfao :p Blessings my dear.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Good morning jamfam, congrats to Sammy and sh sh, glad to see that Kingston is moving now.
For everyone who is asking if immigration does stop by? They actually do.
My family scenario, he was on farm program, got married, run off but we all know SOME Jamaican man love nuff woman! Lol the lady that he married to also cheated have a baby outside marriage, And they did all paper work but put bare stupidness! LONG STORY SHORT, they call them in for interview. And they were going to deport him but they "actually gave him a chance" and state" IF WE GIVE YOU THIS OPPURTUNITY TO STAY IN THIS COUNTRY YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE U STAY AT THE ADDRESS THATS ON THE APPLICATION!! But this fool love woman so much he end up gettin deported because they came by our house and asked for him! They actually told us that's the address he had on the paper, but we did not know!
So to answer your question they do actually check to see if they live with you!

bullbaywife

Sep 20, 2014
Hi All,
I am new to the room and I'm hoping I can get some advice. Btw. I posted this note already but didn't do it in the Kingston room (which is where I wanted it to be). If you have read this before, my apologies.

Processing of my husbands (in Canada) application for permanent residence began in June 2011. In April 2012, my husband and I received confirmation from the Canadian Immigration office here in Canada, that his PR apps had met the eligibility requirements and that a final decision would be made when all remaining documents which included medical, security and background checks for him and all family members included on the application, had been received. We were also informed that letters requesting the above information had been sent to each member of my family.

Once we established that all member of his family had complied with the request from the Canadian Immigration and knowing that the application process takes some time, we waited for eight months before calling the Canadian Immigration help line for a update on his application. We spoke with a representative who informed us that the application was in Jamaica and there was a delay in proceeding with the application because they had not receive the requested information from his son.

My husband spoke with his sons mother who informed him that she did not want her son to be part of his fathers application because she didn't want him to migrate to Canada. So in Jan 2013, we sent a letter to the Canadian immigration in Kingston, requesting my stepson be removed from my husbands application. We didn't receiving any additional communication from Kingston for over a year, so we sent a second letter dated June 16, 2014, requesting once again, that his son be removed from his application.

To date, we still have not received any communication from Kingston.

My question is has anyone encountered this situation and is there anything else we can do to expedite the process?

FYI... We have tried to convince my step-sons mother that her son does not have to move to Canada if he doesn't want to. This is just an option that he will have for the future, if he desires it.

I DEFINITELY would appreciate any advice or suggestions!!

Thanks for your help, in advance

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
Congrats sh&sh for your email from Kingston am happy for you all congratulations everyone keep up the positive vibes

Sammy get to it asap ok you need hubby home with ya :)

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
bullbaywife said:
Hi All,
I am new to the room and I'm hoping I can get some advice. Btw. I posted this note already but didn't do it in the Kingston room (which is where I wanted it to be). If you have read this before, my apologies.

Processing of my husbands (in Canada) application for permanent residence began in June 2011. In April 2012, my husband and I received confirmation from the Canadian Immigration office here in Canada, that his PR apps had met the eligibility requirements and that a final decision would be made when all remaining documents which included medical, security and background checks for him and all family members included on the application, had been received. We were also informed that letters requesting the above information had been sent to each member of my family.

Once we established that all member of his family had complied with the request from the Canadian Immigration and knowing that the application process takes some time, we waited for eight months before calling the Canadian Immigration help line for a update on his application. We spoke with a representative who informed us that the application was in Jamaica and there was a delay in proceeding with the application because they had not receive the requested information from his son.

My husband spoke with his sons mother who informed him that she did not want her son to be part of his fathers application because she didn't want him to migrate to Canada. So in Jan 2013, we sent a letter to the Canadian immigration in Kingston, requesting my stepson be removed from my husbands application. We didn't receiving any additional communication from Kingston for over a year, so we sent a second letter dated June 16, 2014, requesting once again, that his son be removed from his application.

My question is has anyone encountered this situation and is there anything else we can do to expedite the process?

FYI... We have tried to convince my step-sons mother that her son does not have to move to Canada if he doesn't want to. This is just an option that he will have for the future, if he desires it.

I would suggest that your husband get a letter in writing from his son mom stating she not sending her son to his father or to leave the country n fax it to Kingston n email as well, when they don't reply to email fast at least they get a hard copy from fax so ask him to get on that asap,

and for the record that's a stupid wicked mother to keep her child back from such opportunity, knowing that when he gets older he gonna resent her bad

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
bullbaywife said:
Hi All,

Bullbaywife - to be clear you applied in June 2011 but didn't receive sponsorship approval until April 2012? I would suggest that you contact your MP right away bc that is 27 months which is the new posted time from CIC and your MP will have to get on the phone to call KGN regarding your application.

With respect to his son...why the heck would his inforamtion not being there effect your application that is unfair and makes no sense (my raised voice to KGN and CIC not you). Did you apply for the son to accompany him? If yes then I can see the delay bc it would be an incomplete application, but if he was an unaccompaying minor (not coming to Canada with the dad but still need to provide the info) then it should not delay you at all (IMO). By no means am I an expert and am only going by what I have read in the past and on CIC .

WOW over 3 years without your hubby being here with you that is insane!! How do you do it?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bullbaywife said:
Hi All,

Hello bbw, this sounds unusually bad even for Kingston......but I am a bit unclear from your post. It sounds like your husband is in Canada and if that is the case then your application would be considered inland not outland. If it is inland then your file should not be in JA - it would be processed in Canada. That is the first thing that needs to be clarified. Once you establish that I suggest you call your MP's office pronto and get them looking into this. It seems like something is definitely wrong.

Also you refer to documents that family members were sent to fill out. When you apply outland I do not believe that is part of the process other than medicals for dependent/accompanying/non-accompanying children.

Does your stepson's Mom realize that if he is not added to the application now (even though he is non-accompanying or not going to immigrate in the near future) then he can NEVER immigrate to Canada even as an adult? It's a one shot deal. She is making a choice for him that they may both regret later and cannot be reversed as the rules now stand. I would continue to try to convince her ASAP to change her mind and get him added.

When applying inland the only thing your husband requires from JA is an updated police check. At the time you submitted your application in 2011 I believe they needed to be valid from within a 6 month period. That is likely changed and mostly all applications need updated medicals and security clearances.

I hope this helps a bit and I am sure some other members will chime in with more JA specific expertise. Blessings.

AkeliaTarihq

Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Request
3-06-2014
Med's Done....
3-04-213
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-9-2014
LANDED..........
24-10-2014
HEY HEY JAM FAM!!!
HUBBY PICKED UP HIS PASSPORT NOT TOO LONG AGO!!! ;D ;D
I STILL CANT BELIEVE THIS IS ALL REAL AFTER WAITING SO LONG....16MONTHS!!!
SO HAPPY AND THANKFUL

GOOD TO HEAR ALL THE PROGRESSIVE NEWS FOR ALL OTHER APPLICANTS ESPECIALLY THE 2013 ONES!! KEEP THE FAITH. THE END IS NEAR!!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
AkeliaTarihq said:
HEY HEY JAM FAM!!!
SO HAPPY AND THANKFUL

GOOD TO HEAR ALL THE PROGRESSIVE NEWS FOR ALL OTHER APPLICANTS ESPECIALLY THE 2013 ONES!! KEEP THE FAITH. THE END IS NEAR!!
CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! When is the Canada travel date expected to be?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
AkeliaTarihq said:
HEY HEY JAM FAM!!!
SO HAPPY AND THANKFUL

That is totally awesome!! Sammy can now colour you guys in PURPLE!! When is he coming to Canada? Will you be going down to accompany him HOME??!! Congrats to you both :)

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
Good afternoon JamFam,
It has been awhile since I last ‘posted’, I am always in the shadows keeping an eye out on you wonderful people. First let me start by saying “Congratulations!” to all those that have recently completed the process and for those that have heard news or seen activity from KIN/POS. Welcome to all the “Newbies”. For those that are still waiting, please know even though it seems like forever…”Your time will come”. Hold the faith and never give up or in to this process…Easier said than done you say DG…well take it from the woman who waited 27 months…This process does have an end date.

I want to express my opinion on a constant issue that surrounds: Submitting documents prior to them being requested. Please note that what I am going to say is totally my own opinion and feel free to take it with a grain of salt. I am not trying to be negative; I am only sharing my opinion (hopefully no harm done). I strongly believe that you should not submit documents prior to your VO requesting them for a couple reasons (I know others have said otherwise).
1) No one likes to be told how to do their job.
Even though you may believe that you are helping yourself, you may in turn be doing the opposite. For the record I did send additional documents/photos/police certificate/re-med and none of it was even attached to my file. The same documents that I submitted beforehand were requested by my VO months after the fact (even though the police check/re-med was still valid). They say that hind sight is always 20-20. I would have saved myself the trouble and expense of sending the documents if I knew we would have to send it again anyways
2) Sending more information may lead to additional scrutinizing of your application
We all “believe” we know what the VOs are looking for or how they process our files or what the guide says on what should be done during processing. No two files are processed the same. On the outside the specs seem the same…No previous marriages, no medical issues, no criminal record, never left the island…yada yada and yet some files are processed sooner than others. Why give the VO a reason to question your intentions behind sending additional information? I say this because, I did send in additional information and our VO noted and voiced their opinion to Ottawa and two MPs that did inquires on our file…that she believed we were trying to “Fast Track” the process (I have the email if anyone wants to see).

Looking back at the process now that we are completed, I wish that I let Kingston and my VO “Do” their job. I whole heartedly believe that my ‘good’ intentions of wanting to do all that I could do for our application and my husband hindered and extended our application processing time. I want to leave you with this…before you send that email, contact your MP, or send in additional info think about if you were the VO how would you interpret these actions…? This is not to say…if your police certificate is about to expire or you have not received confirmation of a medical extension not to be proactive and get all your ducks in a row…I am just saying hold on to the information if and when they are requested you will have them ready.

Sorry for the long post. I really wanted to give an “update” on life post landing but, I have a lecture to head into. I promise between papers and studying for my mid-terms I will be back shortly. What I can say is the application process, is the preparatory time for your “exercising patience” skill; that WILL much be needed when your spouse/significant other lands.

Stay Sweet as Always & May the Odds Be in Your Favour….

Love DG :-*

ballasgirl

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hello all, just need advice for a friend: she wants to apply for a temporary visiting visa for her husband but wants to know if he has to be the one to send it from his specific address, or if the spouse can have her address as she is the one requesting him?? Please help her out for me.. thanks all!