Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good afternoon JamFam,
It has been awhile since I last ‘posted', I am always in the shadows keeping an eye out on you wonderful people. First let me start by saying “Congratulations!” to all those that have recently completed the process and for those that have heard news or seen activity from KIN/POS. Welcome to all the “Newbies”. For those that are still waiting, please know even though it seems like forever...”Your time will come”. Hold the faith and never give up or in to this process...Easier said than done you say DG...well take it from the woman who waited 27 months...This process does have an end date.

I want to express my opinion on a constant issue that surrounds: Submitting documents prior to them being requested. Please note that what I am going to say is totally my own opinion and feel free to take it with a grain of salt. I am not trying to be negative; I am only sharing my opinion (hopefully no harm done). I strongly believe that you should not submit documents prior to your VO requesting them for a couple reasons (I know others have said otherwise).
1) No one likes to be told how to do their job.
Even though you may believe that you are helping yourself, you may in turn be doing the opposite. For the record I did send additional documents/photos/police certificate/re-med and none of it was even attached to my file. The same documents that I submitted beforehand were requested by my VO months after the fact (even though the police check/re-med was still valid). They say that hind sight is always 20-20. I would have saved myself the trouble and expense of sending the documents if I knew we would have to send it again anyways
2) Sending more information may lead to additional scrutinizing of your application
We all “believe” we know what the VOs are looking for or how they process our files or what the guide says on what should be done during processing. No two files are processed the same. On the outside the specs seem the same...No previous marriages, no medical issues, no criminal record, never left the island...yada yada and yet some files are processed sooner than others. Why give the VO a reason to question your intentions behind sending additional information? I say this because, I did send in additional information and our VO noted and voiced their opinion to Ottawa and two MPs that did inquires on our file...that she believed we were trying to “Fast Track” the process (I have the email if anyone wants to see).

Looking back at the process now that we are completed, I wish that I let Kingston and my VO “Do” their job. I whole heartedly believe that my ‘good' intentions of wanting to do all that I could do for our application and my husband hindered and extended our application processing time. I want to leave you with this...before you send that email, contact your MP, or send in additional info think about if you were the VO how would you interpret these actions...? This is not to say...if your police certificate is about to expire or you have not received confirmation of a medical extension not to be proactive and get all your ducks in a row...I am just saying hold on to the information if and when they are requested you will have them ready.

Sorry for the long post. I really wanted to give an “update” on life post landing but, I have a lecture to head into. I promise between papers and studying for my mid-terms I will be back shortly. What I can say is the application process, is the preparatory time for your “exercising patience” skill; that WILL much be needed when your spouse/significant other lands.

Stay Sweet as Always & May the Odds Be in Your Favour....

Love DG :-*
Hey DG
Glad to hear from you. Thanks for sharing all of this information and I agree with you, but what I see also is if you email your vo and ask if you can send in additional info and they state that yes you can, I don't think it would be a problem right. Yes I always think if you do additional things without being ask I think they do put back your file ( my opinion) I don't know I just think they do.
But thank you again hun

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
PC redo jan 29. In process march 7
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
Hi everyone. Life here is going well with mr brown. Lots and lots of adjustments and ups and downs blah blah blah... Baby brown is now almost 3 months old. She is the delight of our entire family.

Jut wanted to add a contrasting opinion to what daddy's girl shared as her experience. I got thru in one year and one week. And I stayed in top of my mp who sent two letters on my behalf as did my dr bc I was pregnant. I think I was extremely lucky to have professionals so concerned about helping us out. I also sent a supplementary package of information at the 7 month mark detailing my returns to ja and new photos. In my opinion. This was helpful to my file and we were processed much more quickly than many other members.
I should also note that we waited to redo our police check and I sincerely wish we had done it before asked for bc we may have been processed even faster.

In the end Kingston will do what it wants. So I suggest you trust your own instincts. Good luck to you all. Wishing you a quick process and reunification with your spouse soon.

Re reading my message I wanted to add: DG is right. No one wants to be told how to do their job or be harassed. But I truly believe being proactive and advocating for yourself and your spouse can be helpful as well. Every member here has a unique experience and an corresponding opinion. Seems just as many members who advise to stay quiet have waited a long time (some 2 years) while others have gotten thru quickly. Likewise some who advocate reaching out to Kingston have breezed thru while others claim they were penalized.

As for the adjustment phase once they get here. C&T hit it right on the head. Expect bumps in the marital road ahead. Significant ones. Don't be disappointed if it isn't what u thought it would be exactly. Your love can carry you through especially once you have survived this process.

Now hurry up Kingston and port of Spain.

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
AkeliaTarihq said:
HEY HEY JAM FAM!!!
HUBBY PICKED UP HIS PASSPORT NOT TOO LONG AGO!!! ;D ;D
I STILL CANT BELIEVE THIS IS ALL REAL AFTER WAITING SO LONG....16MONTHS!!!
SO HAPPY AND THANKFUL

GOOD TO HEAR ALL THE PROGRESSIVE NEWS FOR ALL OTHER APPLICANTS ESPECIALLY THE 2013 ONES!! KEEP THE FAITH. THE END IS NEAR!!
Congratulations my dear

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good afternoon JamFam,
It has been awhile since I last ‘posted', I am always in the shadows keeping an eye out on you wonderful people. First let me start by saying “Congratulations!” to all those that have recently completed the process and for those that have heard news or seen activity from KIN/POS. Welcome to all the “Newbies”. For those that are still waiting, please know even though it seems like forever...”Your time will come”. Hold the faith and never give up or in to this process...Easier said than done you say DG...well take it from the woman who waited 27 months...This process does have an end date.

I want to express my opinion on a constant issue that surrounds: Submitting documents prior to them being requested. Please note that what I am going to say is totally my own opinion and feel free to take it with a grain of salt. I am not trying to be negative; I am only sharing my opinion (hopefully no harm done). I strongly believe that you should not submit documents prior to your VO requesting them for a couple reasons (I know others have said otherwise).
1) No one likes to be told how to do their job.
Even though you may believe that you are helping yourself, you may in turn be doing the opposite. For the record I did send additional documents/photos/police certificate/re-med and none of it was even attached to my file. The same documents that I submitted beforehand were requested by my VO months after the fact (even though the police check/re-med was still valid). They say that hind sight is always 20-20. I would have saved myself the trouble and expense of sending the documents if I knew we would have to send it again anyways
2) Sending more information may lead to additional scrutinizing of your application
We all “believe” we know what the VOs are looking for or how they process our files or what the guide says on what should be done during processing. No two files are processed the same. On the outside the specs seem the same...No previous marriages, no medical issues, no criminal record, never left the island...yada yada and yet some files are processed sooner than others. Why give the VO a reason to question your intentions behind sending additional information? I say this because, I did send in additional information and our VO noted and voiced their opinion to Ottawa and two MPs that did inquires on our file...that she believed we were trying to “Fast Track” the process (I have the email if anyone wants to see).

Looking back at the process now that we are completed, I wish that I let Kingston and my VO “Do” their job. I whole heartedly believe that my ‘good' intentions of wanting to do all that I could do for our application and my husband hindered and extended our application processing time. I want to leave you with this...before you send that email, contact your MP, or send in additional info think about if you were the VO how would you interpret these actions...? This is not to say...if your police certificate is about to expire or you have not received confirmation of a medical extension not to be proactive and get all your ducks in a row...I am just saying hold on to the information if and when they are requested you will have them ready.

Sorry for the long post. I really wanted to give an “update” on life post landing but, I have a lecture to head into. I promise between papers and studying for my mid-terms I will be back shortly. What I can say is the application process, is the preparatory time for your “exercising patience” skill; that WILL much be needed when your spouse/significant other lands.

Stay Sweet as Always & May the Odds Be in Your Favour....

Love DG :-*
DG :-* nice to "see" you and I will look forward to hearing more about your post-landing adventures with Mr. DG. :D.

Unfortunately a lot of the time it comes down to the attitude and personality of each person that works on these files and that is something that none of us can really gauge going into this journey. Hope all is going well for you and hubby. Blessings.

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
Good morning to all,

I don't know if everybody is aware of the virus going around n it's now in Jamaica call chickpea, am assuming the Jamaican husbands must have inform you foreign wife's, anyways the symptoms are flu like but not flu it's sever joint pain dizziness n can cause you to passout, muscle pain and rash at the end, the only thing to ease the pain is panadol and emergen C vitamin C and contact C, it's now in Florida the states, Canada, Porto Rico Haiti and now Jamaica declare it

So guys who coming to Jamaica please be careful it's a virus that's in the air, thousands of kids are being sent home every day from school and workers are calling in sick so all I can say take precaution if you have low immune system take vitaminC to boost it up

Any ways more ppr KIN/POS ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr ppr

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Good Morning JamFam!!

We've seen that KGN has been working but think we need a little chant to get them to send out some actual PPRs! Ohhh and POS too pretty please....

PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR....send out some PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
PC redo request 05-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013 expired then extended
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
mrsbrown said:
Hi everyone. Life here is going well with mr brown. Lots and lots of adjustments and ups and downs blah blah blah... Baby brown is now almost 3 months old. She is the delight of our entire family.

Jut wanted to add a contrasting opinion to what daddy's girl shared as her experience. I got thru in one year and one week. And I stayed in top of my mp who sent two letters on my behalf as did my dr bc I was pregnant. I think I was extremely lucky to have professionals so concerned about helping us out. I also sent a supplementary package of information at the 7 month mark detailing my returns to ja and new photos. In my opinion. This was helpful to my file and we were processed much more quickly than many other members.
I should also note that we waited to redo our police check and I sincerely wish we had done it before asked for bc we may have been processed even faster.

In the end Kingston will do what it wants. So I suggest you trust your own instincts. Good luck to you all. Wishing you a quick process and reunification with your spouse soon.

Re reading my message I wanted to add: DG is right. No one wants to be told how to do their job or be harassed. But I truly believe being proactive and advocating for yourself and your spouse can be helpful as well. Every member here has a unique experience and an corresponding opinion. Seems just as many members who advise to stay quiet have waited a long time (some 2 years) while others have gotten thru quickly. Likewise some who advocate reaching out to Kingston have breezed thru while others claim they were penalized.

As for the adjustment phase once they get here. C&T hit it right on the head. Expect bumps in the marital road ahead. Significant ones. Don't be disappointed if it isn't what u thought it would be exactly. Your love can carry you through especially once you have survived this process.

Now hurry up Kingston and port of Spain.

Dear Mrs Brown, i would like to know more about the supplementary package...where you sent it and how you addressed it and what exactly you provided. I was thinking of doing this too, but i thought we were not allowed to add to our file unless requested by Kingston. My Mp calls every 6-8 weeks and the next time i am having him write a letter. I agree with you that you must be proactive, they will have no choice but to acknowledge if you are approaching them properly...
please advise if there is a contact email for you,i'd like to discuss in further detail specifics if possible.

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
PC redo jan 29. In process march 7
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
When I was married it was very small. Only 7 ppl in attendance my children did not come to Jamaica. So when I was able to bring my children with me we renewed our vows. I sent Kingston a few photos (like4) of our visit and the ceremony together with copies of my flight itineraries and a copy of more passport stamps it was a very small package but I think it showed the genuineness of our relationship and served to avoid questions about why my husband hadn't met my children. Hope that helps. My notes show that the package was added to my file once received. Same with the letters from my mp and dr.

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
mrsbrown said:
When I was married it was very small. Only 7 ppl in attendance my children did not come to Jamaica. So when I was able to bring my children with me we renewed our vows. I sent Kingston a few photos (like4) of our visit and the ceremony together with copies of my flight itineraries and a copy of more passport stamps it was a very small package but I think it showed the genuineness of our relationship and served to avoid questions about why my husband hadn't met my children. Hope that helps. My notes show that the package was added to my file once received. Same with the letters from my mp and dr.

thank you for responding and yes that does help. at this point i have already flown back to jamaica 3 times within the year we have filed and i would like them to know and see that. i am going to go ahead and put a package together along with a letter from my MP. We have been married almost two years now and together 5...i want this shit over with, and im willing to do whatever it takes.

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
Well...... i couldn't get into ECAS this morning and for a very good reason!
we went from application received to in process as of september 22!! woot woot!

COMMON KINGSTON AND POS PPR PPR PPR

SEND OUR HUSBANDS HOME!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Jah-Canadian said:
Well...... i couldn't get into ECAS this morning and for a very good reason!
we went from application received to in process as of september 22!! woot woot!

COMMON KINGSTON AND POS PPR PPR PPR

SEND OUR HUSBANDS HOME!
YAY!! That is awesome news....PPR is just around the corner

bullbaywife

Sep 20, 2014
impatientgirl said:
I would suggest that your husband get a letter in writing from his son mom stating she not sending her son to his father or to leave the country n fax it to Kingston n email as well, when they don't reply to email fast at least they get a hard copy from fax so ask him to get on that asap,

and for the record that's a stupid wicked mother to keep her child back from such opportunity, knowing that when he gets older he gonna resent her bad
Hi impatientgirl ,
Thank you for your response. I, too, am having a hard time understanding why she wouldn't want this opportunity for her son. Sadly, the $$ signs in her eyes are blocking her good judgement. I hope she doesn't live to regret her decision.

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
sammystorm19 said:
YAY!! That is awesome news....PPR is just around the corner

thanks Sammy and YAY!!! i pray for us all daily!

dont want to get too excited until this is all said and done with....but positive vibes!

bullbaywife

Sep 20, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Bullbaywife - to be clear you applied in June 2011 but didn't receive sponsorship approval until April 2012? I would suggest that you contact your MP right away bc that is 27 months which is the new posted time from CIC and your MP will have to get on the phone to call KGN regarding your application.

With respect to his son...why the heck would his inforamtion not being there effect your application that is unfair and makes no sense (my raised voice to KGN and CIC not you). Did you apply for the son to accompany him? If yes then I can see the delay bc it would be an incomplete application, but if he was an unaccompaying minor (not coming to Canada with the dad but still need to provide the info) then it should not delay you at all (IMO). By no means am I an expert and am only going by what I have read in the past and on CIC .

WOW over 3 years without your hubby being here with you that is insane!! How do you do it?
Hi Twoheartsonelove,
Thank you for your response. I contacted our MP and have made and appointment to plead our case. I pray they will be able to assist us. Just to clarify, my husband is actually here with me. His application was done "In-land", but he still feels unsettled because he should have received his PR a long time ago.

Thanks again!

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
Good afternoon forum peeps!

Just a quick update as to what is happening on our end.. well it turns out we are the lucky ones of a glitch in the system!~yay us!

at this point it is outland, but he is here and they think he is in Jamaica. So we have the option to switch as he is here and has valid status"as per immigration canada", but trouble being they cannot guarantee we will not be back at square one grrr

So at this point, we are updating the medical and police checks as required, and planning to go to Jamaica as a family in the next two weeks(waiting for police check to come back here) until the end of process (which they have said there isnt much more besides return passport and be on the road basically), however we are just awaiting confirmation that we HAVE TO go~ just for that return stamp-being their mistake in the process. We decided to go as a family for the time being because our children are so young (oldest just turning 6, youngest just 20 months) and we cannot break the family for the time and begin to explain why and overcome all new "meetings" when my husband would return.

Glad Kingston is booming and getting things in gear finally ;D, so happy for the others as well, sad we are in the glitch of the system lol