+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

bullbaywife

Sep 20, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
Hello bbw, this sounds unusually bad even for Kingston......but I am a bit unclear from your post. It sounds like your husband is in Canada and if that is the case then your application would be considered inland not outland. If it is inland then your file should not be in JA - it would be processed in Canada. That is the first thing that needs to be clarified. Once you establish that I suggest you call your MP's office pronto and get them looking into this. It seems like something is definitely wrong.

Also you refer to documents that family members were sent to fill out. When you apply outland I do not believe that is part of the process other than medicals for dependent/accompanying/non-accompanying children.

Does your stepson's Mom realize that if he is not added to the application now (even though he is non-accompanying or not going to immigrate in the near future) then he can NEVER immigrate to Canada even as an adult? It's a one shot deal. She is making a choice for him that they may both regret later and cannot be reversed as the rules now stand. I would continue to try to convince her ASAP to change her mind and get him added.

When applying inland the only thing your husband requires from JA is an updated police check. At the time you submitted your application in 2011 I believe they needed to be valid from within a 6 month period. That is likely changed and mostly all applications need updated medicals and security clearances.

I hope this helps a bit and I am sure some other members will chime in with more JA specific expertise. Blessings.
Hi CdnandTrini
Thank you for your response. We have been trying to convince my stepson's mother since 2013 when we discovered she hadn't taken him for his medical, to no success. But, God is good and he doesn't sleep. Thanks to advise of some very caring ppl on this forum (including yourself) I made an appt to see our MP and will update you all with the results. Thanks again!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Jah-Canadian said:
Well...... i couldn't get into ECAS this morning and for a very good reason!
we went from application received to in process as of september 22!! woot woot!

COMMON KINGSTON AND POS PPR PPR PPR

SEND OUR HUSBANDS HOME!
Congrats, glad to hear Kingston is moving now! About time

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
istheendnear said:
Good afternoon forum peeps!

Just a quick update as to what is happening on our end.. well it turns out we are the lucky ones of a glitch in the system!~yay us!

at this point it is outland, but he is here and they think he is in Jamaica. So we have the option to switch as he is here and has valid status"as per immigration canada", but trouble being they cannot guarantee we will not be back at square one grrr

So at this point, we are updating the medical and police checks as required, and planning to go to Jamaica as a family in the next two weeks(waiting for police check to come back here) until the end of process (which they have said there isnt much more besides return passport and be on the road basically), however we are just awaiting confirmation that we HAVE TO go~ just for that return stamp-being their mistake in the process. We decided to go as a family for the time being because our children are so young (oldest just turning 6, youngest just 20 months) and we cannot break the family for the time and begin to explain why and overcome all new "meetings" when my husband would return.

Glad Kingston is booming and getting things in gear finally ;D, so happy for the others as well, sad we are in the glitch of the system lol
At least you know what is going on now...that is why when you got this info I was confused as to why they wanted to see his"stamp" saying he returned to JA.

Do not and I repeat...DO NOT switch to inland. You are at the very end with the outland and if you do switch you will need to start over. I know you are saying you will go as a family to JA....DO THIS!!! That is the right idea for sure. I know this is what I would do

Again....so glad thay finally figured all this out...and your end is almost here :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Jah-Canadian said:
Well...... i couldn't get into ECAS this morning and for a very good reason!
we went from application received to in process as of september 22!! woot woot!

COMMON KINGSTON AND POS PPR PPR PPR

SEND OUR HUSBANDS HOME!
Jah how amazing...an hour after you were "yup going to send in a supplementary package" you see that you are IN PROCESS! Hold off on sending anything for a bit so that you can see if KGN requests anything from you. If I recall correctly, you had your hubby go redo his PC right in the last few weeks? Did you get that back and/or send it to KGN already? Also, your application was still in KGN correct did not move to POS? Very happy for you hun!!

Let's keep it up KGN (and selfishly POS I want to see them make some moves as well!)!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
istheendnear said:
Good afternoon forum peeps!

Just a quick update as to what is happening on our end.. well it turns out we are the lucky ones of a glitch in the system!~yay us!

at this point it is outland, but he is here and they think he is in Jamaica. So we have the option to switch as he is here and has valid status"as per immigration canada", but trouble being they cannot guarantee we will not be back at square one grrr

So at this point, we are updating the medical and police checks as required, and planning to go to Jamaica as a family in the next two weeks(waiting for police check to come back here) until the end of process (which they have said there isnt much more besides return passport and be on the road basically), however we are just awaiting confirmation that we HAVE TO go~ just for that return stamp-being their mistake in the process. We decided to go as a family for the time being because our children are so young (oldest just turning 6, youngest just 20 months) and we cannot break the family for the time and begin to explain why and overcome all new "meetings" when my husband would return.

Glad Kingston is booming and getting things in gear finally ;D, so happy for the others as well, sad we are in the glitch of the system lol
Good idea Istheendnear...go back when it is time and wait out getting his passport back. You are at the home stretch so do not switch to inland unless they can PROMISE you that it will not add months to your process. Anyone know what time is for inland processing off hand anyways?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
bullbaywife said:
Hi Twoheartsonelove,
Thank you for your response. I contacted our MP and have made and appointment to plead our case. I pray they will be able to assist us. Just to clarify, my husband is actually here with me. His application was done "In-land", but he still feels unsettled because he should have received his PR a long time ago.

Thanks again!
Good to hear that you contacted your MP and made an appt to see them! Have you looked to see what the processing times are for in land applications? I have a feeling that they may be high wait times, but best for you to look before you go in. I do no know that outland applications for KGN are now 27 months but when you applied the processing time was only 22 months (or could have even have been 16 or 18 months back in early 2012) and this is for OUTLAND APPLICATIONS again check for INLAND. Good luck and keep us posted!

Jah-Canadian

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-09-2013
Med's Request
PC redo request 05-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013 expired then extended
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Jah how amazing...an hour after you were "yup going to send in a supplementary package" you see that you are IN PROCESS! Hold off on sending anything for a bit so that you can see if KGN requests anything from you. If I recall correctly, you had your hubby go redo his PC right in the last few weeks? Did you get that back and/or send it to KGN already? Also, your application was still in KGN correct did not move to POS? Very happy for you hun!!

Let's keep it up KGN (and selfishly POS I want to see them make some moves as well!)!!

thanks lovindahubby and twohearts!!
haha yes just as you wanna give up something reminds you why you started in the first place!!!
we did get the PC redo, picking up tomorrow, but still havent received his letter from them?!!!!! why does jamaica take so long to send and receive mail?! yeah...My application is still in KGN not POS. we are going to courier the PC monday on a one day service. I had paid my landing fee on tues of last week and i have a feeling once that payment cleared, that is what put me in process. i could be wrong but who knows with them. nothiing they do makes sense! im just thankful its movin and i definitely would like to see alll of the patient determined wives like me get theres movin too!!!! PPR FOR ALLLLLLL OF US!!!!!!!!!

PPR PPR PPR

Jessie2014

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
Additional photos, police clearance and FBI redo requested February 17, 2015/FBI REDO SINCE FIRST TWO WERE INCORRECT. RECEIVED IN MARCH 29
File Transfer...
July 24, 2014
Med's Done....
March 26, 2014 (Received as per CIC)
Passport Req..
July 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 4, 2015
Thank you Sammy for answering my questions a few days back. I understand now.

When you all have emailed to inquire about your file who did you email and what did you ask? I realize its early for us, but I'm curious if anyone has suggestions to get a clear answer and what not to ask.

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
sammystorm19 said:
At least you know what is going on now...that is why when you got this info I was confused as to why they wanted to see his"stamp" saying he returned to JA.

Do not and I repeat...DO NOT switch to inland. You are at the very end with the outland and if you do switch you will need to start over. I know you are saying you will go as a family to JA....DO THIS!!! That is the right idea for sure. I know this is what I would do

Again....so glad thay finally figured all this out...and your end is almost here :)
Thank you sooooo much for all your help and kind words! we are coming to the same end, and we are very happy for you too!!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Just checked ecas and we are "IN PROCESS"!!

Yay!!

lexi

Sep 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-15-2013, Voluntary redo 10-02-2014
Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
sammystorm19 said:

Yay!!
Hurray!!!! Finally. Hubby soon come now!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Jessie2014 said:
Thank you Sammy for answering my questions a few days back. I understand now.

When you all have emailed to inquire about your file who did you email and what did you ask? I realize its early for us, but I'm curious if anyone has suggestions to get a clear answer and what not to ask.
You can email Kingston however they won't give you any status updates. They will message you when they want something. You are better off ordering you Notes. I have posted on here a few times how to get them

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
sammystorm19 said:

Yay!!
We are too! as of Monday! so glad you are!!! congratulations!!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
HGM said:
OMG OMG PPR PPR!!!! I'm so excited!!!
Yay!! It's over...it's over!! Get that passport in quick!!