not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Ahhhhhhh so much news. I'm so sorry for those who have gone on vacay and had to come home. happy for those with good news and passports back!! It will end as I am finally experiencing.

I've been MIA as I got injured working and have had to do physio stuff and go with the hubby to get him situated with a resume and figuring out getting his driver's license here and all that. I did make something to share with you guys.

I did not tell any friends exactly when he was coming and most people had NO idea he was coming at all so we could surprise them. I made a slideshow while gibbled in bed. hope you enjoy. http://1drv.ms/1lua80P

CAN JAM. where are you coming to in Canada?
Sh, Sh & baby Sh so sorry to hear your having a frustrating time. That sucks. However you get to see hubby soon so silver lining?
What a great idea Mrs. Janaidian!!! Love the video! Once again congrats on his being in Canada. Looks like your friends and family loved the surprise ;D Wishing you both all the best and a lifetime of happiness together. Please keep in touch!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
greengurl said:
Overview of dates:

February 20/13: Application sent in
March 22/13: Sponsorship Approval
February 14/14: In Process
March 16/14: Passport Request
April 25/14: Passport with Visa Returned
June 6/14: Landed in Toronto
June 7/14: Arrived in Vancouver

Landing Story:

I arrived in Jamaica on May 29 and we had a wonderful week before we had to head home. We visited family, took care of a few last minute things and had time to relax!
We flew from Montego Bay and check-in, customs and security went very smooth. Hubby loved the escalator after we went through security and was amazed with all of the shops and restaurants.
Once on the flight, hubby loved the livemap and seeing where we were. He asked lots of questions about flying and the flight went very fast with all of his questions!
We landed in Toronto and once we went through customs, I was able to go with him to Immigration. There were only a few agents working and several people in front of us so we had to wait about 30 min. The agent only asked a couple of questions and had him sign and initial the Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR). The agent informed him that we could apply for his SIN but decided to wait until we were home. There is an information area for new immigrants and hubby picked up some brochures and information. We had documented all of his belongings with the approximate value and the cash he had with him but he was not required to provide that information. We picked up our luggage, walked outside and hubby turned to me and said “it is an amazing feeling when all your dreams come true'.
We had a 7am flight to Vancouver the next day. He was shocked that the flight to Vancouver was longer than the flight from Jamaica to Toronto and started to realize how big Canada is.
Hubby loves Canada and thinks it is so beautiful! He asks lots of questions and it is fun to see his reactions to life here! He also can't believe how light it is outside at 9pm and how it can be sunny but the sun doesn't warm him up! The temperature hasn't been that warm the last couple days and he says it feels like someone is blowing the air-conditioning outside.
He started work yesterday and we are starting to get settled into a routine. It is amazing to wake up beside him every morning and do simple things like groceries or snuggle on the couch to watch a movie. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is real life and not all a dream!

I can't thank you all enough for your love, support, encouragement during this process! You are all amazing and not sure how I would have been able to get through this without all of you!
Welcome to Canada Mr. GG!!!!

Lovely landing story thank you for sharing!!! Gives me (and I am sure others) hope and cannot wait to do all the small things together with our spouses once they get here.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Hello JAMFAM!!! Back from visiting JA and feeling a little sad today bc miss my spouse like I know so many of you do as well. Come on KGN send out some PPRs bc we need some more good news on this forum!!

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
What a great idea Mrs. Janaidian!!! Love the video! Once again congrats on his being in Canada. Looks like your friends and family loved the surprise ;D Wishing you both all the best and a lifetime of happiness together. Please keep in touch!
Thank you, and I will keep in touch. I know how helpful this was for me even though I only found it towards the end. I would like to be there for the future Mr's and Mrs' that need encouragement and answers to questions.

Greetings Mr.GG

How is everyone doing this Monday?!

Sh, Sh & baby SH.. NO WAY I WORK AT THE UNIVERSITY!!! All summer, North and South Campus Day Camps!

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do & request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
greengurl said:
He started working for the construction company that I work for.
My hubby can't sit still for too long so even a week with no work was painful for him!
What company do you work for if you don't mind my asking? My hubby does construction but he can't apply fr any of his positions until he gets his driver's license. He can't get his driver's license until he has done the driver's training for the insurance discount. The driver's training he can't finish until mid way through August.

Sh and Sh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Sept 23/ 2014
File Transfer...
14-08-2013 (AUG 30/13) - Recieved in KGN
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
24-12-2014
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Sh, Sh & baby SH.. NO WAY I WORK AT THE UNIVERSITY!!! All summer, North and South Campus Day Camps!
I live 3 min drive from the university!!We should link up! :D

Sh family lol

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Good evening forum family......

It's been a looooooong time since I posted and so much has happened here!! Congrats everyone on the landings, PPRs and in process updates! I am guilty of always lurking but rarely posting.

I love reading everyone's stories of landing and progress... Helps to keep my spirits up during the long wait, and reminds me that eventually we will all get through.

I came across this quote on Facebook the other day and it made me think of this crazy process:

(From the 12 laws of Karma)

"All rewards require initial toil. Rewards of lasting value require patient and persistent toil. True joy follows doing what we're supposed to be doing, and waiting for the reward to come on its own time."

KINGSTON !!! Listen up, some have been persistently toiling for waaaaaaaaaaaay too long!! Get those PPRs rolling, please please please!!!

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Hi, I'm new at this entirely... my question to you guys is...is the length of time for Kingston really that long, if thats the case can i still visit him. is it rare that it takes jus six months does it really only apply to persons who are married.....im sorry if im reeling off..i jus have a lot of questions and no one to really answer them. :-[

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
CocoVanilla said:
Good evening forum family......

It's been a looooooong time since I posted and so much has happened here!! Congrats everyone on the landings, PPRs and in process updates! I am guilty of always lurking but rarely posting.

I love reading everyone's stories of landing and progress... Helps to keep my spirits up during the long wait, and reminds me that eventually we will all get through.

I came across this quote on Facebook the other day and it made me think of this crazy process:

(From the 12 laws of Karma)

"All rewards require initial toil. Rewards of lasting value require patient and persistent toil. True joy follows doing what we're supposed to be doing, and waiting for the reward to come on its own time."

KINGSTON !!! Listen up, some have been persistently toiling for waaaaaaaaaaaay too long!! Get those PPRs rolling, please please please!!!
So very true Coco!! Please keep posting bc you always have positve good vibes to give!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Roxie-B said:
Hi, I'm new at this entirely... my question to you guys is...is the length of time for Kingston really that long, if thats the case can i still visit him. is it rare that it takes jus six months does it really only apply to persons who are married.....im sorry if im reeling off..i jus have a lot of questions and no one to really answer them. :-[
Hello RoxieB and welcome to the JAMFAM! Always feel free to post questions and someone in this helpful forum will come along to answer. Also, feel free to share good news, frustrations, etc. We are all here to support and uplift each other during this very difficult time of waiting.

The posted time for family sponsorship from KGN is 25 months (from sponsorship approval) according to CIC, however, we have been seeing members get through in around the 12-15 month mark. Only a few have gone through in less and in the last year I would say only 2 at around the 8 month mark. I personally have not seen anyone go faster than that.

Can you share some of your details with us? When did you apply for your spouse and when did you get sponsorship approval? If you provide your details you can be added to the spreadsheet which you can find if you look for a post by Kadi and look under her tickler you will see a link to the spreadsheet.

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Roxie-B said:
Welcome to the Jam fam Roxie-B,

The period required to process the immigration visa varies to one person to another and Kingston is not very consistent on their processing time. They say that they are processing the cases by order of receipt, but we all no that it ain't the way it goes.... You might be one of the lucky ones to win the KG lottery ;)

We have to be patient, and visit our spouse whenever we can to keep our sanity. Even if the separations are getting harder and harder as time goes by. One thing for sure, this long waiting comes to an end and it's all what we are longing for.

We are there to support each other in time of need, we are not alone going through this.

Hang in there sweetie.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Roxie-B said:
Yes and forgot to say that you can go visit JA as often as you like but unfortunately your spouse cannot come to Canada unless he/she has a visitors visa which apparently are very hard and rare to get once you are married. CIC has a fear that once the spouse is here they will not return to JA. Stupid really bc who would risk not getting their PR by illegally staying in Canada and not being eligible for all the benefits of being here (healthcare, UI, pension, etc.).

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Yes and forgot to say that you can go visit JA as often as you like but unfortunately your spouse cannot come to Canada unless he/she has a visitors visa which apparently are very hard and rare to get once you are married. CIC has a fear that once the spouse is here they will not return to JA. Stupid really bc who would risk not getting their PR by illegally staying in Canada and not being eligible for all the benefits of being here (healthcare, UI, pension, etc.).

I am being sponsored...im in jamaica. and yes I have a canadian visa. We are in a "conjugal relationship"..Im engaged to my sponsor. I sent in my application yesterday so we have to wait to see if it will be approved now soo i just started.

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Good morning Jam Fam,

I wanted to congratulate each and everyone of you that finaly receive great news, welcome their spouse in Canada and thank you for sharing your landing stories with us.

Nothing new for us as yet. Went to spend our second wedding anniversary mid June with hubby, we had a very awesome week but saying goodbye was heart breaking. We are waiting to get some news from KG before planning my next trip to JA, hopefully it will not take too long ::)

Wish you all a speedy process. KG do not take it too slow during summer time, we want to be reunited with our other half as soon as possible! Work, work, work for us please.

Have a good week and enjoy the summer my friends 8)

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Roxie-B said:
I am being sponsored...im in jamaica. and yes I have a canadian visa. We are in a "conjugal relationship"..Im engaged to my sponsor. I sent in my application yesterday so we have to wait to see if it will be approved now soo i just started.
We havent lived together for 2 years but we have been in a relationship for longer..he lived with me and my mom for a year then he left for canada .. do you think i filed it incorrectly? :eek: