Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Does anyone have any idea about how long on average it takes to go from in process to decision made and ppr? Our file switched to in process in April 15th. Everything requested was sent in within about 2 weeks ( and his children's medicals were done may 26). Were now past 2 months since in process and we are going crazy waiting :( I feel completely left in the dark just trying to make some sense of it and get some sort of hope that it could be done soon. Of course there's no way to no for sure but if everyone's opinion would it be realistic to expect to have ppr by end of July?

I'm so happy to read everyone's good news and landing stories. I'm so happy for all of you who have gotten through and are with your spouse now :)
P.s. can anyone let me know how to put my stats ( appr received, filed, ppr, landed etc under your profile I can't seem to find it anywhere

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Do they have your passport? If they do it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months or more. All depends on how fast they move with it

If they don't have your pp yet they will request it anywhere from 2 weeks to maybe even months away...sorry for saything this. There have been members on here that has "in process" for months before PPR was even given. Average time over the 2 years I have been on here is about 2 weeks though if they have your passport and if they don't have your passport it's about 2 weeks to 2 months before they request it.
Also...if they requested other docs it can take 90 days for some stuff to be look at :( the whole process sucks

If you go to your profile on here you can add your there under " forum profile information" you need 10 posts to do this.

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Thanks I'll see if I can get it added. And no they have not requested passport yet. Ecas says in process (as of April 25th) and it also says medicals received. Do you think im being realistic by hoping for ppr by end of July? I'm going absolutely crazy waiting this process is so frustrating

sammystorm19 said:
Do they have your passport? If they do it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months or more. All depends on how fast they move with it

If they don't have your pp yet they will request it anywhere from 2 weeks to maybe even months away...sorry for saything this. There have been members on here that has "in process" for months before PPR was even given. Average time over the 2 years I have been on here is about 2 weeks though if they have your passport and if they don't have your passport it's about 2 weeks to 2 months before they request it.
Also...if they requested other docs it can take 90 days for some stuff to be look at :( the whole process sucks

If you go to your profile on here you can add your there under " forum profile information" you need 10 posts to do this.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Mrs. Parkin said:
UGH, Sh, Sh & Baby Sh -- I got the same response from my MPs assistant...then she said "but...give me his information anyway and I can look". In my response I was like please don't just look at ECAS because I check them all the time...there is no change. If you are going to look into anything I would appreciate you emailing questions to KGN asking if I have been assigned a VO and/or if the file is actually being worked on.

That might have been kinda harsh, but I'm annoyed. My poor hubby is getting discouraged...we are both trying to be positive but this "new reality" is a punch in the gut.
Patience my dear....that is what we need. You've only been waiting for 8.5 months. I know it's discouraging and it totally sucks but we have all been waiting...some longer and some with new babies who are missing their Daddies...Sorry not trying to sound harsh here :(

Order your notes and see if there is anything on there. You can see if it's been assigned to a VO but even if it was remember that don't always update stuff. Our bring forward date was the 12th of June and we haven't heard anything. Will be 13 months for us on Sunday. Last thing we heard was our meds were sent for an extention on April 7th. Waiting for our notes...should come next week. Going to see if anything has been updated.

Also it's time for the dreded summer slow down...happens every year. I've seen it happen the past 2 summers - the one before I applied and last year after I applied. There is a reason for this. There is a job share with VO at different offices and this is when they do their switch around so they have to go over everything that they have done on the files they are working on. It's STUPID but it's done. Lets hope that since they have had many PPR's this year that they do some this suummer and it's different than the past!!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
steen said:
Thanks I'll see if I can get it added. And no they have not requested passport yet. Ecas says in process (as of April 25th) and it also says medicals received. Do you think im being realistic by hoping for ppr by end of July? I'm going absolutely crazy waiting this process is so frustrating
It's frustrating for all of us hun....believe me. I can't really tell you what to expect with Kingston. They don't follow all the rules and they are all over the place all the time. Hopefully you hear something next week at the 60 day mark
:(

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
steen said:
I'm going to say this, and please, PLEASE do not take it the wrong way... but don't expect anything at all before 25 months (as stated on the website). I mean realistically they have been doing many case much sooner than that, but to get your hopes up and nothing happens, that is incredibly heartbreaking.

I have stopped having expectations (as much as possible) when it comes to this process because it just hurts if/when I am let down. I truly and sincerely hope you get PPR sooner rather than later, but like Sammy said, getting PPR could mean an additional few months of waiting before it is returned :( It's a tough process....

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Thank you both for the input I no its frustrating for everyone and we just need patience sometimes they have just run out. I really hope it doesn't take 25 months... I'll try not to get my hopes up but as u all know I'm sure some days are harder the. Others :(.

Ninirae said:
I'm going to say this, and please, PLEASE do not take it the wrong way... but don't expect anything at all before 25 months (as stated on the website). I mean realistically they have been doing many case much sooner than that, but to get your hopes up and nothing happens, that is incredibly heartbreaking.

I have stopped having expectations (as much as possible) when it comes to this process because it just hurts if/when I am let down. I truly and sincerely hope you get PPR sooner rather than later, but like Sammy said, getting PPR could mean an additional few months of waiting before it is returned :( It's a tough process....
sammystorm19 said:
It's frustrating for all of us hun....believe me. I can't really tell you what to expect with Kingston. They don't follow all the rules and they are all over the place all the time. Hopefully you hear something next week at the 60 day mark
:(

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
Sh and Sh said:
I live in Edmonton near the university area. Very frustrating!!!

The assistant to the MP used this one: " I ASSURE you there is no possible way that people are getting through on spousal sponsorship from KGN Jamaica sooner than the 25 months."

UUURRRGG!

Hence the booking of the flight to go see my love!

Trying to stay sane! lol..

Love the landing stories! The video/ slideshow made me cry!!!
:'( :'( :'( :'(

Sh&Sh&babySh
Totally hear you there! We are in Stratford/Mitchell area in (ontario) and ours said practically the same! They clearly havent been in any situation like this or dont care to know anything just give same answers. Truly frustrating for sure, but we will all make it through! It gets tougher everyday, but in the end we are all going to be laughing back on all this and saying it was really worth the wait! Keep your chin up and see the positive in things and enjoy your time with your loved ones~near or far! <3

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
sammystorm19 said:
So happy he is finally home with you!!! Now to begin the next chapter in your life. Don't be a stanger and check in from time to time

Congrats hun....and thanks for all of your support on here xo
Thanks!
I'm definitely going to be around! I want to read everyone's landing stories!!

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
CanJam said:
@ JabadianMrs... Will be landing in T.O

@ GreenGurl, lovely landing story :D, I am impressed that hubby started working already ;)... And thanks for following our new 'forum tradition' of timeline, re-cap, landing story :p
He started working for the construction company that I work for.
My hubby can't sit still for too long so even a week with no work was painful for him!

CeCe la Belle

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
November 6, 2014
File Transfer...
October 25, 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
November 6, 2014
Congrats greengurl!!!! And to all the ladies still waiting remember I still have lots of space on the recently upgraded SHIP OF THE IMPATIENT and we can carry our out motto (we shall be IMPATIENT but STRONG together) together!!!! Misery loves company and love grows with support. ;)

Ppls going down in the summer enjoy it to the fullest please!!! Happy for you guys but slightly jealous.

On a different note though Kingston need to stabilise on processing times man.

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical &amp; PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
My Forum peeps, encouraging everyone to get out and enjoy the weekend, I know the wait is long and frustrating, but don't forget to take care of yourself, and enjoy summer while it's here 8)

HGM

May 20, 2014
Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! Congrats to those who have ended their journey and to those who have made progress! I'm praying for more movement this week!

Sh and Sh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Sept 23/ 2014
File Transfer...
14-08-2013 (AUG 30/13) - Recieved in KGN
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
24-12-2014
Let's hear some GOOD NEWS Kingston!
It's been too quiet for too long!!!!!

ALSO:

Does anyone know if
- dlmo77
-jamaicalove
-Trulovekiss

are still active or on this forum?

Sh&Sh&babySh

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Sh and Sh said:
Let's hear some GOOD NEWS Kingston!
It's been too quiet for too long!!!!!

ALSO:

Does anyone know if
- dlmo77
-jamaicalove
-Trulovekiss

are still active or on this forum?

Sh&Sh&babySh
Good MOrning!!!

THey haven't been on here for a long time....sometime last year.