18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
We havent lived together for 2 years but we have been in a relationship for longer..he lived with me and my mom for a year then he left for canada .. do you think i filed it incorrectly? :eek:
Good Morning and welcome to the forum...we are all here to support you and answer any questions

conjugal relationship - this is for couples that CAN'T get married due to religious reasons, for people that can't marry foreigners due to restrctions in their country about doing this. This is from the CIC website •you have been in a genuine relationship for at least 12 months where marriage or cohabitation has not been possible due to barriers such as sexual orientation, religious faith, etc

Conjugal partner
A conjugal partner is a foreign national residing outside Canada who is in a conjugal relationship with a sponsor for at least one year, but could not live with the sponsor as a couple. This term applies to both heterosexual and homosexual couples. This category was established for partners of sponsors who normally would present an application as spouse or common-law partner but cannot due to circumstances beyond their control (e. g., immigration barrier, religious reasons or sexual orientation). Thus, they could not live together for a period of at least one year.

In most cases, the foreign partner is also not able to legally marry their sponsor and qualify as a spouse. In all other respects, the couple is similar to a common-law couple or a married couple, meaning they have been in a bona fide (genuine) conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year.

However, a significant degree of attachment and mutually interdependence between both partners must be demonstrated. They must also provide proof of the obstacles or restrictions that prevent cohabitation or marriage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They will take you as being engaged as not in a conjugal relationship - in this type of relationship marriage isn't possible.

What you should have done - if he was living with you for 365 days or more straight - was to apply as common law. With this you need a lot of proof, leases in both names, joint bank accounts, bills in your partners names that go to that address, letters from friends and family that knnow about your relationship, ETC. However if you are engaged you could have also gotten married and applied that way.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
Good Morning and welcome to the forum...we are all here to support you and answer any questions

conjugal relationship - this is for couples that CAN'T get married due to religious reasons, for people that can't marry foreigners due to restrctions in their country about doing this. This is from the CIC website •you have been in a genuine relationship for at least 12 months where marriage or cohabitation has not been possible due to barriers such as sexual orientation, religious faith, etc

Conjugal partner
A conjugal partner is a foreign national residing outside Canada who is in a conjugal relationship with a sponsor for at least one year, but could not live with the sponsor as a couple. This term applies to both heterosexual and homosexual couples. This category was established for partners of sponsors who normally would present an application as spouse or common-law partner but cannot due to circumstances beyond their control (e. g., immigration barrier, religious reasons or sexual orientation). Thus, they could not live together for a period of at least one year.

In most cases, the foreign partner is also not able to legally marry their sponsor and qualify as a spouse. In all other respects, the couple is similar to a common-law couple or a married couple, meaning they have been in a bona fide (genuine) conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year.

However, a significant degree of attachment and mutually interdependence between both partners must be demonstrated. They must also provide proof of the obstacles or restrictions that prevent cohabitation or marriage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They will take you as being engaged as not in a conjugal relationship - in this type of relationship marriage isn't possible.

What you should have done - if he was living with you for 365 days or more straight - was to apply as common law. With this you need a lot of proof, leases in both names, joint bank accounts, bills in your partners names that go to that address, letters from friends and family that knnow about your relationship, ETC. However if you are engaged you could have also gotten married and applied that way.

I started the application myself ..and i was doing it as common-law...i sent over our bank account our insurance all of that..but his aunt but both on the application...boy..i dont know...i give up ....i feel soooo frustrated now.. cause i know i was doing it right and then she took over cause she said she has done it several times. #shrug. ...would he have to pay again?

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
hey Jam Fam!!

I've been so busy with work these last few weeks! Congrats to anyone who has heard anything/ landed etc!!!

Welcome newbies!!!!

Just popped by to say hello and let you know that tomorrow night I head to Toronto to chill with Nini and THOR and then Thurs I'm off to JA to see my hunny!!!!! Only there until Tuesday, but I'm so happy to be going - I'll take what I can get!!

I'm also surprising him - he thinks I'm coming Friday ;) I'm pretty excited - so far the secret hasn't been spoiled!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
I started the application myself ..and i was doing it as common-law...i sent over our bank account our insurance all of that..but his aunt but both on the application...boy..i dont know...i give up ....i feel soooo frustrated now.. cause i know i was doing it right and then she took over cause she said she has done it several times. #shrug. ...would he have to pay again?
You can cancel your application and get the money back...however the 75.00 fee to file will not be given back. You can then apply as common law or apply again when you get married. IMO you should wait until your married as proving you are common law is a lot harder but it is your choice on what to do.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Mrs. Parkin said:
hey Jam Fam!!

Just popped by to say hello and let you know that tomorrow night I head to Toronto to chill with Nini and THOR and then Thurs I'm off to JA to see my hunny!!!!! Only there until Tuesday, but I'm so happy to be going - I'll take what I can get!!

I'm also surprising him - he thinks I'm coming Friday ;) I'm pretty excited - so far the secret hasn't been spoiled!
Have a great trip!!!!

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
You can cancel your application and get the money back...however the 75.00 fee to file will not be given back. You can then apply as common law or apply again when you get married. IMO you should wait until your married as proving you are common law is a lot harder but it is your choice on what to do.
Question....cause u jus got me freaked but im coming back down now..lol :).....reviewing his sponsor application it says the applicant is common law...however he but conjugal on the letter is tht still gonna pose a problem?

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
Question....cause u jus got me freaked but im coming back down now..lol :).....reviewing his sponsor application it says the applicant is common law...however he but conjugal on the letter is tht still gonna pose a problem?
So the application says common law and what letter says conjugal? Did he write a letter to immigration?

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
And sorry not trying to freak you out....trying to help you with options so you have the write application :)

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
And sorry not trying to freak you out....trying to help you with options so you have the write application :)
it would seem so jus wen he sent it he put conjugal on the envelop

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
it would seem so jus wen he sent it he put conjugal on the envelop
you might be okay then. It's the waiting game now. It sucks but we are all there. I've been waiting 13 months now :(

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
you might be okay then. It's the waiting game now. It sucks but we are all there. I've been waiting 13 months now :(
:'( Sammy storm....it was the wrong application i looked at......her's says conjugal..the one tht was sent say conjugal....i jus feel like crying me cyah badda.... im so confused and frustrated now its nt funny...she but conjugal partner then the part tht say where u in a previous relationship she but yes common-law for how ever long we been together and my name......looking at it now it is jsu so redundant and stupid....#sigh :'( :'( :'( :'(

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
:'( Sammy storm....it was the wrong application i looked at......her's says conjugal..the one tht was sent say conjugal....i jus feel like crying me cyah badda.... im so confused and frustrated now its nt funny...she but conjugal partner then the part tht say where u in a previous relationship she but yes common-law for how ever long we been together and my name......looking at it now it is jsu so redundant and stupid....#sigh :'( :'( :'( :'(
Call and cancel it before they continue on with it!! Get your money back and start over. You will loose the 75.00 application fee though. Also when are you getting married?

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
Call and cancel it before they continue on with it!! Get your money back and start over. You will loose the 75.00 application fee though. Also when are you getting married?
We havent decided yet.....we wanted to do it last December but my mom is in the states and she said i should wait cause she want to take part in the planning as on.

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
Hey anyone flying out of Kingston to Pearson on July 25 need some company lol ;D

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
JamaicafellinlovewithCan said:
Hey anyone flying out of Kingston to Pearson on July 25 need some company lol ;D
YAY!!! you are finally coming to Canada!! Congrats and buying that ticket