Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Mrs. Parkin said:
hey Jam Fam!!

I've been so busy with work these last few weeks! Congrats to anyone who has heard anything/ landed etc!!!

Welcome newbies!!!!

Just popped by to say hello and let you know that tomorrow night I head to Toronto to chill with Nini and THOR and then Thurs I'm off to JA to see my hunny!!!!! Only there until Tuesday, but I'm so happy to be going - I'll take what I can get!!

I'm also surprising him - he thinks I'm coming Friday ;) I'm pretty excited - so far the secret hasn't been spoiled!
WOOT WOOT!!! Cannot wait to meet up with you and Nini!!!

I'm excited for you going down to see hubby and surprising him too!! I guess we will all take what we can get eh!?!? 5 days is better than no days. Warning though that somehow every time I leave there now it gets harder and harder. Plus when I am home I am sad for longer. BUT hoping your llittle visit will help make me smile again lol!!

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
sammystorm19 said:
YAY!!! you are finally coming to Canada!! Congrats and buying that ticket
thanks much was getting cold feet but i finally decide to buy it n leave Jamaica :'( but have to move on to the next chapter of my life :-\ :)

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
JamaicafellinlovewithCan said:
thanks much was getting cold feet but i finally decide to buy it n leave Jamaica :'( but have to move on to the next chapter of my life :-\ :)
JFILWC what has taken you so long to get here?!?! LOL!! You will be fine and you will love it esp since you will be arriving in the summer now. Keep us posted and we want a landing story too ;D

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Good Morning EVeryone ...how are you guys meeting your day.

Sammystorm...I have a question for you...CIC defines a common law relationship to be a cojugal relationship within it self so why would they want to deny the application if i made clear why i think of my relationship as a conjugal one? and what if i already put all the supporting documents as suggested for the common law application?

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Happy Hump Day JAMFAM!!!

Safe travels to Lexi and MrsP ;D :) :-*

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
Good Morning EVeryone ...how are you guys meeting your day.

Sammystorm...I have a question for you...CIC defines a common law relationship to be a cojugal relationship within it self so why would they want to deny the application if i made clear why i think of my relationship as a conjugal one? and what if i already put all the supporting documents as suggested for the common law application?
you don't fall Conjugal as you lived together for over a year and there is no reason for you not to get married or live together…unless there are reason as stated below that you can't get married. IE - being homosexual as you can't get married in JA if you are but can get married in Canada. Canada will recognize the marriage but JA won't…or if there are religious reasons why you can't.

Also you say that you are engaged…in conjugal relationships you can't get married.

If you have all the documents together for a common law relationship and sent all that in…then good but remember you need a lot more proof for a common law relationship then you do for a marriage. You need leases in both names, joint bank accounts, bills in both names, letters from fmaily and friends telling about your relationshiip, proof that you lived together for 365 days or more, photos and anything else that can help you.

I would check your application again and if it wasn't filed as common law then you should cancel it, get your fees back - minus the 75.00 and file again. They will return it as you don't qualify for conjugal..

I am sooooo sorry to tell you this. I hope it does all work out for you

Conjugal partner
A conjugal partner is a foreign national residing outside Canada who is in a conjugal relationship with a sponsor for at least one year, but could not live with the sponsor as a couple. This term applies to both heterosexual and homosexual couples. This category was established for partners of sponsors who normally would present an application as spouse or common-law partner but cannot due to circumstances beyond their control (e. g., immigration barrier, religious reasons or sexual orientation). Thus, they could not live together for a period of at least one year.

In most cases, the foreign partner is also not able to legally marry their sponsor and qualify as a spouse. In all other respects, the couple is similar to a common-law couple or a married couple, meaning they have been in a bona fide (genuine) conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year.

However, a significant degree of attachment and mutually interdependence between both partners must be demonstrated. They must also provide proof of the obstacles or restrictions that prevent cohabitation or marriage.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
you don't fall Conjugal as you lived together for over a year and there is no reason for you not to get married or live together...unless there are reason as stated below that you can't get married. IE - being homosexual as you can't get married in JA if you are but can get married in Canada. Canada will recognize the marriage but JA won't...or if there are religious reasons why you can't.

Also you say that you are engaged...in conjugal relationships you can't get married.

If you have all the documents together for a common law relationship and sent all that in...then good but remember you need a lot more proof for a common law relationship then you do for a marriage. You need leases in both names, joint bank accounts, bills in both names, letters from fmaily and friends telling about your relationshiip, proof that you lived together for 365 days or more, photos and anything else that can help you.

I would check your application again and if it wasn't filed as common law then you should cancel it, get your fees back - minus the 75.00 and file again. They will return it as you don't qualify for conjugal..

I am sooooo sorry to tell you this. I hope it does all work out for you

Conjugal partner
A conjugal partner is a foreign national residing outside Canada who is in a conjugal relationship with a sponsor for at least one year, but could not live with the sponsor as a couple. This term applies to both heterosexual and homosexual couples. This category was established for partners of sponsors who normally would present an application as spouse or common-law partner but cannot due to circumstances beyond their control (e. g., immigration barrier, religious reasons or sexual orientation). Thus, they could not live together for a period of at least one year.

In most cases, the foreign partner is also not able to legally marry their sponsor and qualify as a spouse. In all other respects, the couple is similar to a common-law couple or a married couple, meaning they have been in a bona fide (genuine) conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year.

However, a significant degree of attachment and mutually interdependence between both partners must be demonstrated. They must also provide proof of the obstacles or restrictions that prevent cohabitation or marriage.
k

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Redo med request 19/05/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
DHL pick up package July 28, 2015 landed July 31
Roxie-B said:
hi roxie hope all is well with you hon, as a reading the convo between you and sammytorm19, just to let you made a lot of valid point. dealing with immigration you have to have your game lock and on point or they will make this process really difficult for you, common law and conjugal takes a lot to prove and its not a process i would recommend you doing on your own.

the only process that might be hard to go wrong on and its spousal sponsorship and with that immigration cant deny you that easy once your married.

all the info sammy gave you is not to discourage you but to help you on the right path.

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
Hey anyone flying out of Kingston to Pearson on July 25 need some company lol ;D
[/quote

congrats hon question? how long did they take to approve you? am reading your info and am getting a bit confuse hope you dont mind me asking

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
impatientgirl said:
hi roxie hope all is well with you hon, as a reading the convo between you and sammytorm19, just to let you made a lot of valid point. dealing with immigration you have to have your game lock and on point or they will make this process really difficult for you, common law and conjugal takes a lot to prove and its not a process i would recommend you doing on your own.

the only process that might be hard to go wrong on and its spousal sponsorship and with that immigration cant deny you that easy once your married.

all the info sammy gave you is not to discourage you but to help you on the right path.
At this point its no longer in my hands as I said My Sponsors aunt to ovr the paper work and has insisted that everything is fine. I sent them all the requested documents and proof. letters from my boss our doctor friends etc aas proof of relationship our bank account our insurance, pictures, western union slips and they sent it off..after talking with sammy i asked them both again they said nothing is wrong with the way they did the application..so i guess if they dont mind incurring the expense then #shrug

Im nt sure i explained it right to sammy and i do believe I myself would have to explain it to CIC ...if they give me a chance to..#shrug..idk

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Twoheartsonelove said:
JFILWC what has taken you so long to get here?!?! LOL!! You will be fine and you will love it esp since you will be arriving in the summer now. Keep us posted and we want a landing story too ;D
lol been dragging my feet but they are ready now lol :) thanks...........i will definitely keep u all posted.............not going to be a romance landing story lol but will try to make it a fun one :) 8)

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
impatientgirl said:
Hey anyone flying out of Kingston to Pearson on July 25 need some company lol ;D
[/quote

congrats hon question? how long did they take to approve you? am reading your info and am getting a bit confuse hope you dont mind me asking
thanks......approving in term of getting my visa stamp? it wud be around 17 months in total............if u talkin about my sponser getting approval probably around 3 months

impatientgirl

Jun 11, 2014
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2013
AOR Received.
17 sept 2014 from POS
File Transfer...
23/12/2013
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17/6/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued July 6 2015
LANDED..........
thanks......approving in term of getting my visa stamp? it wud be around 17 months in total............if u talkin about my sponser getting approval probably around 3 months

Wow 3 months to approve your sponsor??? Damn and that was 2012 you started omg!!!
It took 3 weeks for them to approve my sponsor then forward all docs here, I did receive a call from them earlier in march n that's it since then.

I do understand the entire processing system but damn why they have to take so long with people lives? I do my best to not think about the process but when frustration gets to me all I can ask is pure whys, jah know your thing took 17 months In total you must feel real good now aye!! All the long wait finally paid off, again my dear congrats and enjoy every moment with your new family

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Good morning evryone.,..... :)

Well \.... my bf is adamant that he is not cancelling the application. he say CIC will write him and he will take it from there.

I told him I really cant deal. I dont care what he wants to do jus dont blame me wen it comes back and yoou have to fine all tht money again.
::)

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
Good morning evryone.,..... :)
Well \.... my bf is adamant that he is not cancelling the application. he say CIC will write him and he will take it from there.

I told him I really cant deal. I dont care what he wants to do jus dont blame me wen it comes back and yoou have to fine all tht money again.
::)
Good Morning...sorry if I stressed you out..wasn't my intentions at all. I was giving you facts and also the knowledge of being on this forum for over 2 years. Hopefully there is enough information in the application that they will call and just change it to common law. IF anything they will send it back, ask for you to make changes and then you send it back to them. You will NOT have to pay again.