Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
Good morning evryone.,..... :)

Well \.... my bf is adamant that he is not cancelling the application. he say CIC will write him and he will take it from there.

I told him I really cant deal. I dont care what he wants to do jus dont blame me wen it comes back and yoou have to fine all tht money again.
::)
Sorry after reading some other posts by you on here it looks like you don't fall under common law either. You have to have been living together for 365 days and not just visiting back and forth for a year. You can't use "immigration of your boyfriend to Canada" as a reason for Conjugal. You never did post the whole story of your relationship and I have seen 3 different posts where different facts are added. You can't get a real answer if you don't include all the fast. As others said on your Marry or Common Law posts....you can't apply as either Common Law or Conjugal

I was trying to help here but for us that have been waiting for over a year it upsets me when people come on here thinking that just because their spouse has landed in Canada and you can't be with then...you want to come here. Hell...my spouse has never been to Canada, can't get a TVR and he's missed almost the first year of our baby's life!!! So as a single Mom we have to travel to JA and that isn't cheap when you're on Mat leave or just coming off it.

And speaking of your Boyfriend landing…if he landed as a PR and now he is applying for you as common law, he should have added you on his application. This is misrepresentation and he could lose his PR and your application will be denied

To me it sounds like someone is trying to scam the system and try whatever way they can to get to Canada while we who are married and have been waiting forever for our spouses get here...still wait.

You said that your boyfriends family have done this before...applied as conjugal....well it is WRONG. There is NO reason for Jamaican's and Canadian's to apply as Conjugal...common law yes!

I wish you good luck and whatever happens

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
Morning Jamfam...
I have been reading the many post but have been keeping quiet but i just cant hold it any longer. Roxie-B, i agreee with Sammy, I do not think ur application will be seen as legitimate because u have no restriction in which you cannot be married. Your best hope is to withdraw and get married then reapply. CiC will see ur application has just you trying to get here and the relationship is not legit. keeping the application as it is may cause problems for your boyfriend and yourself for any future application if you are denied.
Sorry that we may seem as if we are trying to stress u but just to be safe i think u shud withdraw and do it as a spousal sponsorship when u do get married.
However the decision is urs. Please keep us informed as i would love to know what decision you decide to make and how it turn out.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
Sorry after reading some other posts by you on here it looks like you don't fall under common law either. You have to have been living together for 365 days and not just visiting back and forth for a year. You can't use "immigration of your boyfriend to Canada" as a reason for Conjugal. You never did post the whole story of your relationship and I have seen 3 different posts where different facts are added. You can't get a real answer if you don't include all the fast. As others said on your Marry or Common Law posts....you can't apply as either Common Law or Conjugal

I was trying to help here but for us that have been waiting for over a year it upsets me when people come on here thinking that just because their spouse has landed in Canada and you can't be with then...you want to come here. Hell...my spouse has never been to Canada, can't get a TVR and he's missed almost the first year of our baby's life!!! So as a single Mom we have to travel to JA and that isn't cheap when you're on Mat leave or just coming off it.

And speaking of your Boyfriend landing...if he landed as a PR and now he is applying for you as common law, he should have added you on his application. This is misrepresentation and he could lose his PR and your application will be denied

To me it sounds like someone is trying to scam the system and try whatever way they can to get to Canada while we who are married and have been waiting forever for our spouses get here...still wait.

You said that your boyfriends family have done this before...applied as conjugal....well it is WRONG. There is NO reason for Jamaican's and Canadian's to apply as Conjugal...common law yes!

I wish you good luck and whatever happens
No His aunt has applied for several other family members to come to canada.

Im nt trying to scam anyone. I jus want my life with my bf to start jus as much as you do...I have both my US trv and my canadian trv so i have no need to scam anyone my bf and i have been tgether since 2010 he lived with me and my mom for the entire year of 2012 of course thts my moms house nt his nor mine.. he then left for canada in january 2013 his father filed for him before we met. I wouldnt be able to be added then at least idk i have never done this before and that is why i was asking for your aid. i am nt here to upset anyone nor be bashed i jus wanted to know wether or nt the application was sent in correctly my parents and brother live in The state I am currently on fle there as well however of course i would prfer to opt for a life time with my bf so agen i was jus look at my options and how best to go forward and do my application CORRECTLY.

im sorry i upset any one.

regards
Roxie

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Jamwife said:
Morning Jamfam...
I have been reading the many post but have been keeping quiet but i just cant hold it any longer. Roxie-B, i agreee with Sammy, I do not think ur application will be seen as legitimate because u have no restriction in which you cannot be married. Your best hope is to withdraw and get married then reapply. CiC will see ur application has just you trying to get here and the relationship is not legit. keeping the application as it is may cause problems for your boyfriend and yourself for any future application if you are denied.
Sorry that we may seem as if we are trying to stress u but just to be safe i think u shud withdraw and do it as a spousal sponsorship when u do get married.
However the decision is urs. Please keep us informed as i would love to know what decision you decide to make and how it turn out.
im honestly trying to get him to change the application but he is so stubborn..cause i was telling him let my mom and his grams (who he lived with at the time 0 write a letter vouching tht he live with me at the time and get it notorized the apply as common law and he keeps telling me its fine and i can feel it in my bones that they are going to turn it down.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:

Im nt trying to scam anyone. I jus want my life with my bf to start jus as much as you do...I have both my US trv and my canadian trv so i have no need to scam anyone my bf and i have been tgether since 2010 he lived with me and my mom for the entire year of 2012 of course thts my moms house nt his nor mine.. he then left for canada in january 2013 his father filed for him before we met. I wouldnt be able to be added then at least idk i have never done this before and that is why i was asking for your aid. i am nt here to upset anyone nor be bashed i jus wanted to know wether or nt the application was sent in correctly my parents and brother live in The state I am currently on fle there as well however of course i would prfer to opt for a life time with my bf so agen i was jus look at my options and how best to go forward and do my application CORRECTLY.

regards
Roxie
Applying for other Family members is different then spousal sponsorship....they need to look into that.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:

regards
Roxie
I am also not bashing you...it's just your facts all over the place and there are red flags everywhere. Your best option....and this is my opinion....is to cancel the application and reapply when you get married. If the current application is denied like Jamwife said, there could be issues when you reapply.

I am here trying to help you, yes I am a senior member here and have seen a lot go on here, and I try to give my advise as best as I can. I am also looking oout for you as an applicant to try and give you your options.

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
Applying for other Family members is different then spousal sponsorship....they need to look into that.
Exactly i was telling them that.. and she seems to think she has enough stripes to qualify and he believes her too and now i cant convince him to change it..he wont listen to me.
so here i am.... stressed out I have a migraine from tuesday right back..im nt sleeping...

Ok Sammystorm... one more time...what do you think I should do ..its way early in the application cause as i said we sent it in monday.

Please bear with me and help. :'(

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie-B said:
Exactly i was telling them that.. and she seems to think she has enough stripes to qualify and he believes her too and now i cant convince him to change it..he wont listen to me.
so here i am.... stressed out I have a migraine from tuesday right back..im nt sleeping...

Ok Sammystorm... one more time...what do you think I should do ..its way early in the application cause as i said we sent it in monday.

Please bear with me and help. :'(
My honest opinion would be to cancel it and reapply when you get married. If you have a Visa for Canada already, you can travel back and forth to visit him in the meantime and also he can visit you. I really don't think that your application will be accepted as it is as you aren't Common Law or Conjugal. It will save your the heartache of it being denied. You will get your fees back except the 75.00 for filing the application.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
sammystorm19 said:
My honest opinion would be to cancel it and reapply when you get married. If you have a Visa for Canada already, you can travel back and forth to visit him in the meantime and also he can visit you. I really don't think that your application will be accepted as it is as you aren't Common Law or Conjugal. It will save your the heartache of it being denied. You will get your fees back except the 75.00 for filing the application.
Very sound advise Sammy!

Roxie you are one step ahead of most of us on here bc you say you have your Canada tvr so you are lucky that you can come back and forth to visit your bf if he cannot come to visit you. May be helpful if you tell us WHY his aunt thinks that you are conjugal and if she has ever gotten anyone else a PR based on this fact?? Maybe set out your facts clearly so that we can understand better and it will ensure any advise given is given under the right circumstances. He came to Canada on a "family" sponsorship and NOT a "spousal" sponsorship? Is there any reason whatsoever that you cannot marry him quickly?? (i.e. he isn't already married, etc.)

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
sammystorm19 said:
I would have to say that I agree with everything Sammy is saying and a lot of valid points are being made. I mean, realistically, you will more than likely be denied and your boyfriend (or fiancé - since you commented that you're engaged) should know this since they have done 'so many' applications.

It is not our intent to upset you Roxi, but I felt that when you asked for an opinion and it didn't match what you wanted, you kept asking. Sammy is right and for your sanity, I hope your bf sees sense in all of this.

Also Roxi, the good news is that since you have Canada and US trv, you can travel back and forth all the time. You guys can still get married there and apply spousal since you have TRV. You have an option that most of us do not have, so I would recommend taking advantage of it.

Nini

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
sammystorm19 said:
HAHAHAHA!!!! We were posting at the same time! GREAT MINDS! :-*

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
impatientgirl said:
Wow 3 months to approve your sponsor??? Damn and that was 2012 you started omg!!!
It took 3 weeks for them to approve my sponsor then forward all docs here, I did receive a call from them earlier in march n that's it since then.

I do understand the entire processing system but damn why they have to take so long with people lives? I do my best to not think about the process but when frustration gets to me all I can ask is pure whys, jah know your thing took 17 months In total you must feel real good now aye!! All the long wait finally paid off, again my dear congrats and enjoy every moment with your new family
yeap that is Kingston for you always unpredictable but best thing that got me thru it was that i had faith n believe i dont need to worry wen it come it come...............you will get thru no worries ok............thanks again lol no new family as yet i have couple more years to look for that

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Guys everything I wrote to u guys is true.... i read someone's story and it was similar to mine where he lived with his gf at his moms house and his mom wrote a letter vouching for them as common law and that they lived with her and they got through. i showed him this i told him he can use tht option and change it to common law cause we have all the other supporting evidence to show, bank a/c insurance, flight information phone record western union records testimonies. he said CIC will change it to common law and request any other documents needed. him na change it

i dont know of the aunt doing a spousal sponsorship application before now i know of other family class like children and brother and so on.

i jus give up..

up to this very minute im still trying to convince him to change it and he said no i told him im nt gonna do over anything cause i already did everything pcc and medical as well.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Roxie,

I have answered all your questions and you asked for my honest opinion. I gave it to you. Do what you wish with it

Where did you read this other story? Was it on here? If it was the one posted today they didn't get through. They were denied.

If you haven't lived together for 365 days or more and have valid proof for that...then your file will be denied. A single letter from a parent isn't enough proof. Common law is hard to prove considering you've mentioned that you have been traveling back and forth to visit each other, having sleep overs, flights back and forth and there wasn't a continuous stay for a year. If you were common law then your boyfriend should have had that on his application when he applied for PR so you would have been able to get a visa as well.

I am done giving advice. I know this is harsh but your story and facts are all over the place. I am trying to help you out and I can't.

I am done with this topic....wish you all the best

Roxie-B

Jun 23, 2014
Ratings: +1
[Good] [Poor]

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: LONDON
Passport Req..: 14-01-2010

I can see that i am frustrating Sammy

Its fine im nt asking for any more advise as it would make no diffrence at this point cause my bf wont change it.

below is the storry i was telling you about it is from 2010 and he was from london ..i am aware ur offices so that is another variable
Re: Advice Conjugal Partner/Common-Law?
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 07:22:48 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
My situation is similar to your in terms of ages, and places.
My common-law partner (in UK) and I lived together for a while when I was in the UK (studying), part of the time we lived together in Canada at my Mom's place (and she provided a letter to support this). We lived together in total for just over a year when we sent the application in.. and ITS BEEN PROCESSED in 3 months! (very exciting I know). It took us MONTHS to put everything together in a super complete and organized manner, and we paid the full amount right away! I would suggest that you MAKE THE TIME FIT. My take on this is that everything else is legit... you have pictures, parents have met (mine came to the UK and met and had dinner with his parents while they were traveling around- PICTURE of this sent to immigration as well), I would open a joint banking account, purchase some kinda of joint travel insurance together.. etc..
either way.. if you need more help feel free to contact me..