File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Today is one of my toughest days, first time i've cried. I am sick at home and alone. I pray that i would open the door and see hubby standing there. It breaks my heart to know that i have a husband, i am sick and he can't help me. If i need a cup of tea i have to make it myself, it gets so hard and frustrating at times. I do miss him i love him unconditionally, he is the love of my life and the best thing that has happened to me. I am sorry just venting my frustration and loneliness. Only if KG knows what we personnally goes through without our loved ones. Tomorriow will be another day, and a better day.

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamwifey truly, the emails are all computerized so its nothing personal, if i wasnt on this forum i would think i am getting a personal response, they dont give a crap. them jus have the email dem fi each question, and then when an email comes in and they browse over they just choose a response and if they need to edit then they do.

same email i got too about review, exact same thing except for the part about dont contact within 60 days. with me they were more subtle they said something like "we appreciate you keeping correspoondence to the minimum" hahahaha. i really have to laugh. cheeky bastards

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
missing... :( sorry you got the same usual crap... hopefully it will coax them to look at the file tho rather than let it sit any longer... i'm crossing my fingers for you still.. it seems that even after getting a form email, others (not all, but some) have gotten results shortly after sending an email too... so i do hope you'll get more than just frustrations...

kimore... awwww hang in there... being sick is no fun and less fun alone... i broke down bad when i got sick days after i had our son and hubby was still in london... hope you feel better real soon!

we took care of business today (SIN - easy squeezy), drivers licence... so here's the deal here for those who've been asking about that... hubby took his licence and driving experience letter that he picked up in kingston and had to pay 85CAD... this got him the G1 (had to do vision and written test (which consists of 20 word questions and 20 sign questions... he failed the "word" one and had to re-write (pay 10CAD and do it right there again, no waiting)... i told him he owes me $10 since i wasn't paying for him slacking off and not reading the book :p)), then he paid $75CAD on the spot to get his G2 exit test booked.. once he passes that (which he better, he's a good driver lol) he gets a full G licence (sucks that he gets a G1 for the time being but we got a road test for 2 weeks time... i know many of the bigger cities are booking well into summer and beyond, so if you feel to travel a bit and get a licence sooner, we only had to wait 2 weeks to get an appointment in Walkerton ON... had we been in the line one person sooner, we could have gotten a test tomorrow, but the person before us jumped on that)...

hope that helps some

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the info chell..my husband is going back tomorrow to write the word test as he failed that one..he could not do it over right away had to wait at least a week...it's $16.95 for him to write it again...if he fails again then he has to wait another 2 weeks...and then if he passes tomorrow he has to wait 30 days to do the driving test...hope he passes..he was so discouraged :( It would give him a nice confidence boost :)

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone!

missing - sorry about the response from KG. The line about not contacting them for another 60 days makes me cringe....that should not be allowed! shoot maybe we should use your letter as a form letter and everyone send it in lol see what they do then!

my time is coming....I'm ready to send in the apps, it's all ready to go, just waiting for hubby to get off his butt and send his docs ::) he does nothing fast lol can you tell I'm impatient? I just want to get it sent and overwith

kimore - awww, my heart goes out to you. I was down myself Sun and Mon but I'm not sick. My mother passed away last year in June so mother's day was a bit hard for me. Not having my husband to hold me when I needed it wasn't pleasant. Regardless of the reason, no doubt everyone here understands. Keep your chin up and hang in there.

kc - I laughed reading your post. I have already explained to my hubby that he can't just go up and kick someone's dog here. He didn't seem to understand that people treat their pets better than humans here, dress them up and take professional photos lol OMG the look on his face....well I'm sure you have all seen something similar in your husband/wife's faces lol

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good Morning Forum :D

Well this is HOMESOON'S DAY!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D ...I will be thinking of you all day today and I wish your hubby a safe flight to Canada! Weather is good here...sure hope the same up your way. :D CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO CANADA MR. HOMESOON!!!!

Jammy..its hump day!!!!! :p Hope everyone has a great day and...bring on some more UPDATES!!!!

I don't know if anyone heard the news here in Quebec about the landslide that sucked in a family and their house...SO sad...I was so hoping they would be ok...but sadly...they all died...except the Golden Retreiver....Such a sad sad story...Monday night while watching the hockey game in the basement their house was swept away from a landslide and the father, mother and 2 daughters all died. :'( Life is SO precious!!!!

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Thanks Chelley & Nae Nae, today is a new day, new hopes. Thanks for the word of comforts and encouragement. Rosemel you are right life is so precious, and thats the reason we need our loved ones with us. We have to cherish each other every moment of the day. I am praying that we get some great news today. KG come on, let someone smile today.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
rosemel - I heard about that story yesterday and was hoping and praying the family survived....so very sad that they didn't! :(

yes life is very precious and we should live each day like it's our last!

at least there is some good news for today....homesoon's hubby arrives yay! :D The weather here sucks, it's freezing and raining....such a lovely welcome for him. I can't wait to hear about her daughter's reaction....how exciting!!!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning people

Woke up in a bad mood today. I am so Pissed off at this Government and their corruption. Its frightening to be living here right now.

On a brighter note Today is Homesoon's big day. Hope the surprise goes well.

Rosie: Happy Hump! :-*

Where are the freakin updates KG? ;)

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Good morning GUys!!!!!!!!

Jamwifey: girl i feel what ur saying...tyad of the corruption...they are all the same.....
Its really scary living in Jamaica...its like I'm living in a battlefield and trying my best not to get shot before this thing is processed....yow, the bwoy dem a gwaan bad!!!

Homesoon: hussy coming today.....larks bam bam.....no disturbance!

Rosumel: its really sad...u just never know...gosh....people dont let the rose die before u tell it how beautiful it is... tomorrow is not promised!!

Missing: hoping that you are awake this morning with more vigour......everything will work out! Smile!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Hold on guys....the Lord is going to bless us big time!!! 'Who's report will you believe, we shall receive the report of the LORD!!'

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As i said on fb earlier JAMWIFEY the government is screwing us anally. He needs go go. country cyaa run dem way yah.

Well tomoro is thursday, i think i heard a while back that a lot of people got calls on a thursday! so lets hope we get some good news tomoro

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Hey guys...

I saw this on another forum, it tru and nice eeee?..........

'there is saying that when you run after a butterfly it just eludes you and keeps on flitting from place to place and you can never seem to catch it but when you ignore it for a while and become busy with something else you will find it quetly sitting on your shoulder !'

The same can be said for this immigration process...the hard part is ignoring it!! ::)

frequent_flyer

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
File Transfer...
21-04-2009
LANDED..........
11-11-2009
Hey fam whats going on

Congrats on the updates, homecomings etc

Chelly thanks for the info you posted re Traffic Authority in JA
My hubbys driving history will be ready for p/u on Monday and will come up by the weekend with my sis who went down with my dad at the end of his trip. Then I am going to force him to study the book, and then arrange to have him go do the test. Sounds easy enough but funny when you ask people outside of the forum (like when i was doing the sponsorship before i found this lovely site) they make everything seem so so complicated and leave you feeling discouraged.
I've said it a million times...the people on here are awesome, real life experience and testimonials...follow here and you will always be on the right track....we got more than just Immigration Reps on here...its a wealth of knowledge.

one love to you all
frequent

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
sheraig... i had a mammoth bat (moth) fly in my hair the other day... don't care to repeat the experience lol... but it is a nice saying and very true...

ff... welcome... as far as the written test goes, it's not that difficult, just some laws that hubby didn't know or forgot.... and a few nitpicketity details that he forgot or assumed he knew and didn't... plus he was more worried about the sign one that he made a couple stupid mistakes on the "word" one and passed the signs one (barely) failed the word one by 2... so it took him another 20 min and $10... failing in Ontario isn't a huge huge issue... but we teased him bad still :) all and all it wasn't so bad... we went to drivetest in owen sound (need to go to drivetest, they can't exchange it at the licensing places/service ontario places)... probably faster than in the bigger cities...

and you're right there is a wealth of info from those who have actually had to do it rather than those who just hear about it or think they know :)

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Yes Soanxious he needs to resign but i don't see that happening. Nothing will come of it. :mad:

Sheraig: You are right hard to ignore immigration. Its on your mind all day everyday....Hmmm prob thats why it seems like it takes forever.

Aww its raining...finally. I love the rain. ;D

18 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!