homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone!

First off Maple - I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. Sounds like she was an incredible lady and her influence will live on forever :(

Well Mr. Homesoon is home! Yesterday was amazing. The airport was rammed. 2 flights from Jamaica (AC & Air Jamaica) within 30 minutes. Loads and loads of Farm workers on one flight. Hubby came out with BIG smiles and so so relieved.
We surprised our daughter who screamed bloody murder (shrieked is more like it) and threw all 160 pounds of herself at him - legs around and arms around (good thing he works out) lol
She sobbed for at least 10 minutes!
We all went over to Jack Astors for dinner and met up with my family and best friends - then out to second cup for his favorite coffee. His cuz came over late and hooked him up with a new blackberry - lawd knows my husband can't live without his phone!

Sitting at the kitchen table watching him cook up a storm right now. Some curry chicken for us tonight :)
He took our daughter to school ... i'm just overwhelmed. It's finally over!

thank you to everyone for your support. This process can drive you crazy and bring out the worst in you at times. But the end results (I promise you!) is amazing and worth every tearm, scream and silent treatment :)

With love, Jenn (aka Homesoon)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Homesoon,

I am very happy for you and your new family.

I know that all of us in this forum cannot wait for the day we get to reunite with our loved ones. I bet you too that it will be one of the moments in our lives which we will never be able to forget.

Congrats to you and your newly reunited family once again love.

Enjoy every moment of the new life together :)

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Homesoon: That sounds wonderful. Congratulations! ;D

Your daughter's facial expression must have been priceless! :eek:

That's truly wonderful! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. :D

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning All...

Maple... Bless you girl.... Over a hundred years your granny lived... what an acomplishment.. my prayers are with you! Let me know if you need a night out and we can link up and have some fun when your ready!

Sheraig... lol... yesterday I was so busy but today.. not so much.. tiad of working hard.. not feeling this underpaid and overworked situation so im just going to bill back today and take the day slow... thinking of going shopping...

Hey Stressed... where are you... come take me shopping girl.. your the one with the sell off style... i need a stylist lol

Homesoon... YAYAY! thanks for the update... what a great little story... you must be sooo happy.. mind your ribs tho.. you well know what happened to me aready! LOL

Missing... Mind you take your baxside off and your hubby nah recognize you lol...

Well ladies and gentlemen.... would love to hear an update again... everyone wiles out when we get an update.... i am just here at work doing nothing..... filing my nails... trying to prepare myself for the big dancehall party tomorrow night, suposedly Busy is going to be a secret guest but with the way JA is going right now I am pretty sure they revoked all of the artists visas so dunno how that is going to pan out... hubby asked me to cook him some soup with chicken, bok chow, cornmeal dumplin, banana and yella yam so that him strong like lion for the dance tomorrow! Woot Woot... him better get real strong cuz after the dance................................................................. dunn know!

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Kc: u tooooo bad!!! :D :D U nuh easy at all!!
Curious bout the rib story!!
Whappen to the Magnum tonic wine, can blend it with peanut, supligen, bab root...larks....strong back!! ;D
Nuh mek him kill u ya!

Homesoon: geee, I almost tear up reading your story.....Soo happy for you!!

Guys: one day closer to that big day.....

Later ya!!!!!!!!!!!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
I am a little bit upset at the way CIC works around the globe.

This is a posting I read from someone going through CIC- India

' Respected Experts,
My wife applied for spouse visa in march'10..Canadian embassy sent my file to ND in march.thn processing started on 1st april..After 15 days i got PP request.I sent it on 19th.ND received it on 21st.till thn i didnt get any letter about requirement of additional documents...But yesterday i got one envelope from ND..i thought tht it would be my visa..But when i opened it...it was all my Photographs tht i hve sent along with my application...im so worried..Now wht happens next....Whn will get back my visa..Experts plz Help me Out...... '

Then he later said he got the PP with VISA issued.

Like whyyyyyyy must they be so unfair and cruel to their applicants? I think the system is just so biased and totally (I don't have a word to insert here)

They don't know how much pain and sorrow they cause for families when they take eons to process their applications. It just seems like a little game for them where they process your application whenever they feel like it.

I am just a bit upset and very pissed at the Government of Canada, CIC section. Argggghhhhhhhhhhhh ...... I have a life to go back to Canada and finish off (furthering my education and being happy)

Sorry for the little venting :(

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
in less than 2 effing months and that person's application is finalized ... like wtf with CIC man

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone!

Homesoon - sooooo happy for you! what a nice story! congratulations and all the best to you, hubby and your daughter.....she will be beaming for days!

HF mentioned CTV....what about W5? They are great whistle blowers!

confused - wow! I'm about to submit my applications and would be so thrilled if he was approved within 2 months...that would be so worth the $1000 we pay them to process the paperwork!!!! and it would save me tons of money on travelling to see him

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Confused:That CHC office process applications fast...even for skilled workers...
their processing time is ridiculous....

They did say in an article that I read lately is that the kingston and Trinidad office is overworked.....dunno.....

Its not fair is it?? Really sad!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
lol @ Strong back.. Don't forget some Guiness too! My mom is like you need to stock up on Irish Moss. Lawd a' Mercy! ;D

I think that Canada should be equipping their offices for the influx of applications. Honestly, there should be a standard all around. However, you have to think about the fact that in 2 months the applicants are coming through - Are they really doing a thorough background check?

The Gov't is always saying how it depends on immigration and how they want people to immigrate to Canada but the way the process is, and the power trips some of these offices workers have it really makes you wonder.

sheraig - What is supligen, bab root & larks?? I think I need to write this down ;) I also may need more insurance... lol!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
LOL - Highlyflavoured.. better get the insurance from now girl...

my hubby used to love all those roots drinks... baba roots and all the ones with the funny funny names... boy i dunno who makes up those names but they make me laugh... and then there is the roots drinks for the women.... they do nothing for me too tough but i drink them sedways when hubby wants me too... little but of rum does the trick for me...

Mmm guinness.. i love guiness so many ways. guniness and blackcurrent (ribena) guiness and larger half and half... guiness with condensed milk and raw egg blended... giuness with rum - we call it an irish car bomb... stout, extra stout, canned, bottled, warm, cold, in my beef stew.... delicious...

Back to immigration... I hear you Confused.... all the different embassies have different time lines... it just so happens that we are stuck in some of the longest ones... your office (POS) is the worst... and so this is how immigration stays.... its rubbish and unfair and sometimes makes you wonder why certain coutries get preference.... like why is immigration for USA, UK, EU Countries.. approved so quickly.. is it because they have politically ties to Canada? Is is that Canada has a strong import/export relationship with these countries? Is it because they are from 1st world countries and Canada thinks that there must be a real good reason to want to come here? Is it because Canada assumes that these people will be well educated and be able to raise our GDP and instsantly get a job and pay taxes and contribute to the economy? What is it........... meh... rant and rave all you want confused... i am with you...

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Good Morning Guys

I must say you guys are amazing, I laugh am sadden by some of the post but some really cracks me up although I feel a bit left out at time as I seem to be the only newbie here ;) ..

but I will try to catch up I promise :eek:, you all seem to know each other stories and relate to each other so well I like that..

Homesoon.. congrats on your husband arrival, your process ended, but for some of us the journey continues..

Maple ... my condolences to you and your family... I must say she must have been a strong woman to have lived that long... ..

I know all too well what that feels like I lost my Grandmother a few years ago, but I was not that fortunate to have her for so long the lord took her home when she was only 67 years old..

She died in my arms en-route to the hospital. still remember it like it was yesterday..

HF ... started the week with some great news, although there are still good news of husbands arriving and soon to arrive..., still no updates from KG.

Today is Thursday I was hoping for some exciting news to end the week, ah well! . I don't remember who it was that posted yesterday that.. lots of PPl gets calls on Thursday.. but I guess not today, so far .... oh well there's always tomorrow.

hope we can end this week with a bang.. Have a great day Guys!....

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
I probably dont have as much to complain about because my case is still within the timeline given but am still upset at the fact that whoever is working on my case cant take one moment to update the Client Service Website...

all I have been able to see is that its in process since January.. no changes, I don't even know at this point if they receive the documents that my husband drop off in Kingston, what if I am here waiting and they say five month down the road they didn't receive it..

At least update the stupid website, If you don't want to talk to us,..so at least one can say yes, this is where they are this is what they are doing..

Just don't know what to expect at this point, its almost like no activity since February almost 4 months already, and I don't know what stage they are at.. base on some of the stories I am reading that timeline means nothing because not everyone will be that lucky to meet it or exceed the timeline.

Thats just my frustrating and then if you call them now, it pisses them off so them slow up your file even more its like you damn if you do and you damn if you don't.. BS

Has anyone experience, not seen any update on their file, but were called or written to for an interview or PPR or something... I am just scared that if they are not making an update maybe they are not working on it... Anyone!... :'(

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
AW - I can only speak from my experience. E-CAS changed to 'in process' since we received our AOR in November 2008. 8 months (of silence) later, hubby received a letter requesting an interview... 2 1/2 months later. We have have submitted a lot of documentation in October 2009 and January 2010. The only way I knew the documents were received was through confirmation from my comminication with the I/O and my MP. Were are now in the 20th month of processing and E-CAS still says 'in process'. I don't believe it will change until the file is finalize....to which it will most likely say: Medical docs recv'd. Then it changes to something else once the visa has been issued.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have been chosen to do the eulogy. (insert some puking and some vomiting here) I despise public speaking. But I'll do for my Granny b/c she deserves it!!

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Maple Thanks ! I am sure you will do great!......with that eulogy... bet you were her favorite why they chose you.

See that is what I don't get HF got an update from them every month even on the same day her husband got is PPR.

and we were almost in the same timeline she did one month after me, I filed Nov she filed Dec.. they requested Documents from me in Feb they requested from her in March.

But she apparently had a nice IO because her file was updated constantly Documents requested,.. documents received, Medical reviews..etc.

So they are suppose to updated, because on the FAQ they posted that they ECAS site is updated weekly usually on Tuesdays, but I guess some are just lazy and don't do it

I check every single day, Mon, twice on Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, its driving me insane the last thing I do at night and the first thing in the morning, just going to leave it for a while maybe they will surprise me ...