Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Okay this website has the name of the Canadian Representative abroad in Jamaica.

http://w01.international.gc.ca/cra-rce/mission.aspx?lang=eng&MID=645

Honorary Consul Mrs. Lillian J Crichton - Can she be contacted? there is just a General# and a Fax#. She is at the Consulate of Canada Montego Bay.

cancon@cwjamaica.com

I'd like to know what some of these people do. Or what they are supposed to do.

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Girl, you'd be suprised at the strength you're gonna get....
I did the eulogy at my mom's funeral.....everybody thought i'd break down an even had someone on standby just in case.....but i just had to do it...to know its the last thing really to make her proud....
Losing a loved one really suks!!

Anyhow, to a lighter topic, baba roots is one of the roots they use and blend up for the men. Whole heap out de, medina, horny goat, the names really mek u laugh! Kc what a way yu know bout dem.....mine young girl!!
They are said to enhance stamina..i dont mess with it...Alright under the circumstances :D

Larks....is just an expressions...lol

Anxious: it really bwoys down to the case officer. It seems like mine went on maternity then as she come back her husband breed her again...she seems to hardly be in the officer...u know from when them a review fi mi file!!

MOst of you guys are in the toronto area right? How the job market there..I was planning to move to Edmonoton, although cold, the job seems to pay good and its not so fierce in terms of competition....what are ur take on it??

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Anxiouslywaiting - My file only was updated twice. Once in February when it was "In Process" and on Monday when the "medicals result were received" on Monday. The March update was actually when I was in JA and they called my husband's cell and asked for his original documents. Then we both went to KG to bring in the documents and they said "You'll hear from us." Then the same day they updated with the medicals he got a call an hour later for his PPR. So whether they were a nice IO or not is still up for debate, but they were efficient. :D If only they would all be like that. But remember God is in control of all things!

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Philippians 4:6 (The Message)

sheraig - I'm in Ottawa. ;D

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Anxiouslywaiting... sounds like your file is similar to mine in the sense that there was no updates...

I didnt get 1 update at all on e cas until after my hubby had been asked to bring in his passport... at that time it was when they updated to medicals received... then after hubby had his passport with visa in hand is when they did the final update to application complete. Thanks for the timly updates.. CHO!

I also got my AOR and was asked for Original Documents pretty early on in our application...so i thought we were off to a good start then we sat for 4 months with not a word from KG....this is when i started going mad and thought for sure my application was going to take over a year like everyone else on the forum except one lady named Junor.... then just under a week before 7 months timeframe we were asked to bring in PP and then got PP back with visa in it about 10 days after.

All of a sudden KG went on a splerge on our forum and gave me, frequent and soso all of our visas under 7 months within a month of eachother... then it went silent for a while again.........

From my experience KG called my husband twice on a Friday... the one day they do not allow visitors to the office.... so Friday was our day... every friday we got excited...

Maple.... ohhhhhhhhhhhh i struggle with public speaking BAD.... i even had trouble being center of attn at the wedding.. hubby said my cheeks were shaking so bad from being nervous... i was nervous so bad and when i get nervous i laugh so i was sucking in my face and lips like a fish to keep from nervously laughing.. which usually results in snorting and choking while laughing.... i didnt even say a speach at my own wedding.. how crazy is that..... no way can i do public speaking... but for my granny I would of grinned and bared it too... so good luck with writing that... no doubt it will be elegant and heartwarming and memorable and your granny would be super duper proud of u for it....

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Highly: I called the number but it just rang without an answer.....soooo not surprised!!! ::)

Life soon sort out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
But the 10th of almost every month except April something happened. At least they were consistent. Man, it's like the Cadbury secret with KG. :D Or like a box o' chocolates you never know what IO you're gonna get.

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Homesoon...ur story brought tears to my eyes...so happy for you and your family

Jammy...sad to hear you quit but glad you got out of it what you wanted 17 til bam fest lol

KC...come now girl, you've seen me in person. ya can't lose an a$$ that has it's own address, im just blowing off steam a healthier way lol

Anxiously....don't worry yourself bout being new, we were all new at one point, you soon catch up, but your already family here....as for ECAS updates, mine hasn't changed since the first post last aug and since we were contacted for Orig. Docs and med and police redo...so dont stress some IO are just to lazy to give a rass

Confused...we've all een at that frustrated unfair point more then once, this process can wear us all down, but lean on this family and your partner and together we will build you back up

Highly.....HA HA HA HA HA @ cadbury secret, so so true

big up everybody!

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Sheraig - did you already mention what your skill, profession, career was??

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
maple... my condolences on your granny's passing... best of luck with the eulogy... i'm sure she'll be smiling down on you...

anxiously... our file also wasn't updated after the "in process"... we had the visa before it said "decision made".. so no updates does not necessarily mean no work... i think it's all the I/Os discrepency and how they do things... our calls were on wed and tuesday

homesoon... great story! congrats on his safe arrival and how great that you could surprise your daughter... i bet she noticed something was up with you and now knows what it was :)

we're just living country life here... hubby has been out on the road trying to log that "driving experience" (to take the G2 road test that they need to do, he needs to have a min of 5 trips on 80km/hr hwy (can't be the 400 series since as G1 drivers, they aren't allowed... dumb, no?))... 5 trips is pretty easily done tho... just make sure you log all the drives as they want to know which hwy and distance travelled for each instance of the experience they've had... fun fun fun... (all the folks around here think it's great to have a chaffeur lol)... oh, and we were in the booming metropolis of shelburne today, where he saw not one, but TWO people of african descent... first time since the airport that he hasn't been the only black person around... he was happy lol...

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
lol Sheraig... well know about the roots drinks... my hubby loves the baba roots.. is that the one with the man and women on the front of it intertwined? Either way we dont have them over here... well not around where I live.. i know Stressed and Soso were saying they have a place near them that sells magnum but i think its 5 dollars a bottle which is soooooooo expensive..

I live in the Toronto area and our GDP is pretty good... Gross Domenstic Product...

The gross domestic product (GDP) is a measure of a country's overall economic output. It is the market value (total dollar value) of all final goods and services made within the borders of a country / city in a year. It is often positively correlated with the standard of living (meaning if GDP is good then standard of living is good due to a plentiful of jobs etc). Basically... GDP in Toronto is ranked 22 in the world for cities and Edmonton isnt on the top 100 list...

With that being said... Edmonton has some seriously good jobs for people who are in the trade sector... such as welding, pipelining, construction and also any kinda job related to oil and gas and mining and so and so forth, and they also have a good commodity market... such as wheat and grains etc.

In Toronto we have a great Financial District which is where most major banks and financial companies and holding companies and insurance companies have head offices and employ thousands and thousands of people along with our high volume of Unions. One sector that has really hurt toronto is car manufactoring. We used to be up there to the top in line with Japan, China, Germany, America when it came to making Cars - then that industry crashed and a few big companies such as Magna, GM , Ford etc... shut down and left thousands and thousands of people without a job!

Boooooooooooooooooring I know! So honestly it depends on what industry and sector you are planning on working in... over the past 4 years people from eastern provinces (canadian equivilant to parishes) have been flocking to the western provinces for jobs in the construcion and pipeline oil and gas industry... they leave their family get a room paid for in a trailor and live on the site and get paid a decent dollar.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Purcasing Officer? What do you specialize in?

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Sheraig - Yes I am. Born and raised. Great city... LOVE IT!!!

KC - you didn't waste your money on that csc......good analysis of the GDP!!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
OMG chelley - you should bring hubby down to the 401 during rush hour lol just kidding! how does he find the highways here?

Maple - I'm sure you will do a lovely job with the eulogy...don't consider it public speaking but having a conversation with your loved ones telling them what a wonderful woman you thought your grandmother was and how much you loved her.

kc - those drinks make me laugh...my hubby drinks them all the time. I think they become immune to them ... either that or they don't really work lol They taste like cough syrup in my opinion. :p

I'm very excited everyone! my hubby sent me his docs in the courier yesterday through DHL and I just got it now! woot woot! I'm gonna finalize the applications this weekend and send it off on Monday.....then I can join all of you in the waiting process - I'm not sure that's exciting but it's one step closer to having hubby here : )

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Thanks for all you guys responses..

HF... Thanks for the encouragement, it sure helps at times when you feel you have done all you can you just got to let go, and put god in charge... we pray but as humans we fall short of faith sometimes, we get weak and start to have questions.....

Sheraig....I am also in the GTA ....but I see Kc has given you the info you required very well..

I think the Job market here is pretty good, but I work for the Government...............other people may beg to differ.

Chelley / Kc416...... well it's good to know that not because the ECAS is not updated, it doesn't means they
are not doing something.

LOL .... missing...... you got that right, too lazy to give a rats...thank for the welcome too

but at least when you share you story then you know its not just you other people in the same situation and still get a call.. so ECAS updates really don't mean much then... so I will stop driving myself insane checking it.

as we all come to know it really depends on who you get as an IO could make all the difference in your case...