Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
sorry to be the negative nancy today guys, its just one of those days...im just really insulted by their "personal" response, like they think it is some kind of joke...im just mad, sorry to ruin the vybz

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
No need for sorry missing I understand how you are feel,......Scream vent and cuss all you want.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Afternoon all... No update today.... booooooooooooo! :mad:

KG is a joke!

Missing... what the ..... that response was soooosss stinkin weak! Ah well, you tried..... nevermind! Still keep in good spirits as usual and in due time hubby a come home!

LOL sheraig.... two different people me and kmc are lol... mind before you get confused with soanxious and anxiouslywaiting hahahah ;) them two different people too!

Homesoon - sounds good with regards to your plan for your daughter... that would work out perfect... you should videocamera it... i think she is going to Wile OUT! Only thing i can say is remember to tell your husband to bring the papers he got from Kingston with him on his carry on... those papers are crucial when going through immigration... and also the peice of paper that Helpmeplease was talking about which he will get is the COPR... Copy of Permanant Residence. This is what you will need to get the SIN card. Double check that all the info on the COPR is right because that is the address where they will send his PR card automatically. As for the health card he will need to bring in Passport / Permanant Resident card along with proof of address.. a bank statement from the bank is sufficient. He can get his Health Card as soon as he gets all the right ID but he will not be able to qualify for OHIP coverage until after he has been here for 3 months!

Highlyflavoured.... How is work going today lol.... getting anything done? Started frantically cleaning etc?

LCW - lol.. i forgot to ask about the guiness too.... he must of loved you twice as much when he comes home and everything set up nice for him... boy a get spoiled....

i wish i had done a little something more for my hubby when he got here.... we were late picking him up at the airport... poor fella didnt have a single cdn dollar on him and he couldnt find a place to exchange any JMD of course....( one thing i would recommend is to give your hubby/wifey at least 20 dollars Cdn next time you see them so when they land if ANYTING they have a few dollars) he tried to ask a few people to use their phone and they said no and scurried away from him like he was a criminal... he was wandering what is wrong with people... lol... we went to the wrong gate to pick him up first... finally found him wandering around about an hour after he came out of immigration.. WOOPS!... it was just me and my mom... no welcome sign, no family, no pictures, no video camera no nothing LOL....just me in a bad mood cuz i was arguing with my mom about being late (she came to pick me up at work and parked underground and then forgot which underground parking lot she parked in so we spent an hour trying to find her car - she pressed her emergency button so many times that the car locked pon her and we couldnt get into for 30 more min because it went into break and enter mode) FRIG....lol it was dead of winter... had some ugly jacket my mom had for him (which she said was nice)but was waaay to short on the arms and was stained all up, finally got to my place and I had a bottle of champagne and some food cooked... which was sooooooo overcooked since we were soooo late but whatever.. he was starving and nyamed it like no other...

Meh... At least i got some bam bam bam....

Another hard day at work for me... lol

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
KC.. work? what work? Hubby is on the road to KG as we speak dropping off his passport. I'm still sitting here like "It's done? It's over?" I don't think he'll be here before July though. Which is enough time for me. My mom keeps walking around the house saying "Molly Maid! Molly Maid!" :D She too nuff! LOL

I've got 2 vacuums, a carpet steamer/cleaner, Febreeze coupons. Does anyone have a cat? I haven't quite explained the whole litter box concept to hubby, so he'll be in for a shock. :eek: LOL! In JA we have 5 cats that are outside 24/7 and the only time they come in is when there is a croakin' lizard in the house.

Last year this time I was finalizing the plans for our wedding. Now this year I'm finalizing my plans to welcome him home. It's a blessing. I can't wait for all you ladies to experience these moments. :)

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Missing: Vent girl......People must realise life is a circle...how u treat people today comes right back and hit u in the butt tomorrow and if anuh u a u pickney or u grandpickney!....and to think that some of these same people are our own Jamaicans...

I wonder if they are not monitored if they just do as they please. The receptionist is very rude especially the operator..have u tried calling?

This is just tooo sad...this process will get to you...dont allow it ya babes...They cant stop hubby from coming....him affi come one day!!!!!!

KC: now i know to read the names good...no baddy else nah trick mi....
The story about you picking up hubby was funny...i could picture something like that happening to me....

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Hey Forum :D

Missing....sorry once again to hear that they have just blown you off!!!.... It is just SO sickening it isn't funny anymore!!! :mad:

I too have wondered many times if these people have to answer to anyone?? ... It makes you wonder when you receive an email saying..."your file is being processed in order of when it was received at our office"...LIE and BS that is...look at the results ... HF's file was put on their desk 6 months AFTER ours.....and her hubby is bringing in his PP today...just using you as the latest example HF :D and that is what makes my blood boil...they continue to lie about how they process each file and have decided we don't NEED to know what is happening with our own when we have exceeded the 6 month mark from the AOR. Missing is 13 months, I am 10 months...Sassy and Maple and a few others....much longer than any of us!!!! and yet we are supposed to be fine with it, and just sit and wait..and wait and wait..without any explantion as to why it has taken longer than it really should according to THEIR letter...that is what is so sad and confusing about all of this... I will continue to stay strong, then weak, then strong again....but everyday it just gets more painful when the phone doesn't ring!!!

One of my friends sent me an email of pics of 2 beheadings in Grenada....OMG...what is happening with this world!!!!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
As LCW said before... since ive been on this forum and it has been over one year now.... (come like i have no work to do at work lol).... we have not seen 1 person been denied... which i think is pretty good track record... so i believe that everyone on this here site one day will be with hubby and wifey!

Sheraig i felt so bad being late... and worse i joked around with hubby before saying that if im not their ive changed my mind... stupid joke really... but never did i think for a min that we would be late... especially well over an hour late... almost 2 hours after he landed hhahahahha!

HighlyFlavoured - there will be soooooooo many things your husband will get a laugh out of here in canada or wont be able to wrap his head around.... my husband had never left JA and he is a country boy and didnt specialize in shows too tough so him kinda new to a lot of things.... but to name a few....

My husband laughed when he saw people walking their dogs on leash and thought it was amusing.. never had him seen a person walk a dog before.. when he saw people kiss them dogs and let the dog lick there face he went mad......and when that person bent down to do the whole poop n scoop him almost lost his mind.... never ever ever has he seen the likes.... LOL

Escalators... him fraid of escalators bad bad.... he is like a little kid... almost doing the splits with one foot on the escalator and the other foot at the top and the one leg keep going down further until him almost in the splits...

Dishwashers.... he thought this was the laziest invention ever... blew his mind

man i cant even think of them anymore... there was a whole list of them but now i forgot.. i guess those are the ones that stick out the most...

He gets vex when i talk about it but whatever...

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Rosumel: thats what they say to us on the skilled side as well....application processed in order received....

I cant wait for this to be over....these people are rude and have no respect....

"Power in the hands of fools..." ah bwoy@

MIssing: I pray you and sassy and all the others that have been waiting sooo long will soon hear something positive....

This cant be forever...what God done promise wi...wi haffi get! bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Hey again...I am heading out for Dinner at my Mom's place...So I just popped in to see if any other "updates" before I leave this laptop on the coffee table..lol......

KC....TOOOOOO funny...you have to write them down so you can read them to your future children about how their Daddy adjusted and all his reactions to things coming to live in Canada.....I laughed so much...it is SO SO true about the dogs...lol...thanks for the afternoon laugh... :D :D :D I LOVE IT!!!!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Rosemel - No worries. The process doesn't appear to have an actual "standard. there doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason why some applications are lightning fast and others are snail paced. If they were clear and concise about where there delays are then people would be still bothered but at least you know what was what.

Has anyone asked their MP what the escalation process is in these instances??? There must be some form of audit done (whether it is annually or semi-annually) to ensure the "process" is working, right?

KC - that is hilarious! My husband cannot stand the idea of people letting the dog lick their faces. "Do you know where it's mouth has been? Or what it's been eating?" :eek:

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Well Peeps another day done and we are one day closer.

Keep hopes up until tomorrow.

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
You know what bothers me the most about immigration is there is no where to send our complaints, i've sent an email to immigration and all i got back was a generic response. I am sure there are someone screening the emails and mails that is sent to immigration and these complains will probably never been seen by Minister Kenney. I too would like to know if there is an audit or some sort of review done in the KG office. I don't believe these people understand what family means. There got to be something that can be done. I will continue to do my reasearch. The Mister of Immigration must understand what is going on in the KG office. I too have also heard that the front desk representative are very rude, there must be some one that hears our complaints. This would never happen in Canada, that is one good thing i can say about receptionist or front desk reps of any business here. Anyways this is how i feel. i want to say a special congrats to all those who have gotton through and encourage those who are still waiting like myself. No one can stop us.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Missing great response wow they really put in a effort. ??? The way they run that place is nuts. There seems to be no ryme nor reason for what they do.
For instance they had hubbies prints since Oct 2009 and did what nothing finally sent them to the RCMP for his check here mean while know all along he has them ok so they want to do their own. Background check takes from Oct in JM to god knows when here. Why bother at all with a timeline when we all knows its bogus. So they sit with our files, chat chat away do their nails, discuss relationships, yadda yadda make plans for yet another holiday. And well we wait for our famillies to be back together. I agree something needs to be done with that office and they need a smack in the butt. I for one would go demonstrate if it meant having the offices looked into.
Its not like they don't have excess to a computer and they don't know how to type and spell and I am sure there is a update button somewhere there.
I know my file is not special we must wait our turn like everyone else.I knowits not their fault myself and hubby find ourselves in this situation and we are dearly paying the price for his overstay.
But a simple personal answer to emails that any of us have sent to them would be nice and update the system so we all know what is going on.
There is a end to the road we may not be able to see that at this moment but there is. I just keep thinking ok another day is gone and one more day closer to it.
I pray that some one of us hears something soon. Maple and Sassy get a great call soon. So they can move on with life. Ok enough with my book. :p

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Missing

WOW ...them just a test you man ...Nuh mek them win...Who eva wrote that email them BAD MIND Trust me..Dem naw bother a look pan yuh file fi yuh ...Dem just copy an paste pan dat bloddcleet!! Yuh see!!
Some people gwaan like eediat !!

BUT i totally will agree with Kimore here ...Somthing does need to be done about KG ...I have honestly givin up trying to figure them out..This is a situation where we dont have proffessional people weh work there...This is truly a case where we have people weh dont care...dont give a rass ..wtf ever...

I sent emails some got a response some didn't...Although we were delayed by a medical descrepancy that was not adressed by KG until 9 months later (wasnt even true)...Only because of my desperate attemps my MP got answers for me ..And the issues..Sad part we had 4 medicals that had to be done ...4!!! they waited until basically all the meds expired 1 by 1 ...

They knew about this medical discrepnacy monhts before...To be honest they knew since january...Soooo 8 months later we find out...Exactly when wre they planning on telling us..There excuse was the doctor tried calling several times....BULLSH*t ....Plain BS...them shoot off ...

My husbands meds were done in June of 08 and my girls were september 08 ..We had 2 different types of communication from them b4 this med issue...WHY NOT THEN (they knew!!)

Its frustrating, because i lived that life every moment of everyday for 14 months not including the 1 year and a likkle before we filed...All in all those whom have made it through with BREEZE ...them very lucky!!!...i have no problem calling it for real ...BUT for real we happy bad for all whom have gotten good results from KG , it does give opther hope that three file can be processed timely like suh many people lately!!

There has been alot more the average that have had perfect straight files no issues be delayed as well !!! I can tell you this as long as the problem is not obvious i can assure you KG suxs dung deh suh!! They do have problems.... there they lack TACT....and most of all proffesionals...

They do however do one thing real well.....gwwaaan BAD!!! I am sure there is hardworking persons in KG i am sure ...But it doesnt speak well for those people who do there job in a effective manner ...The numbers are GREAT with this particular office more bad than good...

AS far as i see if a spousal sonsorship tek less longa den a pickney application who is not over 18 mi a guh angry BAD!!! Suh wi a see wah gwaan wid dat ..After all them screw us around for months about a medical issue that never was!! A LIE DAT!!! Make every likkle bit a coil wi wuk fah dash weh like nuttin ...Trust mi as long as mi a deal wid KG mi naw guh figet dat yah one!!

Goodnight my freinds ...I pray for your good news to soon forward!!

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Missingmyhubby I know how u feel. Had to laugh at how cheeky they are, can you imagine them asking not to contact them within 60 days, and they been sitting on their damn asses all this time.....13 months. No need to say sorry, when we all have our moments when we get fed up and need to vent and get it out. your process started before mine and i am angry at times so i totally understand.

you are closer to the 15mnths! soon you will hear something i am sure, hang in there, if you are like me then u would want to tell kg some Raaaaasclaaaat! but thats not ladylike.hehehehehe.

hang in there...it will all be over soon.