Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Welcome and congrats on being pregnant. ... in regards to your question there is no definate answer we have seen people approved in anywhere from 5 months to 23 months average time is around the 9month mark but Kingston is so unpredictable

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
It pretty much of a waiting game as kgn does not communicate much with applicants n there sponsors but good thing is you have found this site and we will do our best to answer questions n be your support team do stick n stay through this process everyone needs some kind of support because our friends n family though they mean well will never truely understand unless they have gone through it

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
ready_fi_move_on said:
Welcome and congrats on being pregnant. ... in regards to your question there is no definate answer we have seen people approved in anywhere from 5 months to 23 months average time is around the 9month mark but Kingston is so unpredictable
Congratulations on being pregnant!! Just as an addition to @ready_fi_move_on's response, the current strike is expected to lengthen the waiting time. Hopefully they will understand the importance of having a child together and process your application quickly.

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
Wow it seems like there are alot of ppl. from St Bess. Where in St. Bess are you or your family from?

lonely_cdnwife said:
Hope you have a great flight! I'll be traveling down around the same time so i'm praying for nice weather! When i'm getting ready to see the hubby it always seems like time just drags on for the last 2 weeks so i'm hoping this month will pass by fast and before i know it i'll be back in beautiful st. elizabeth :)

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
SweetieQ said:
Wow it seems like there are alot of ppl. from St Bess. Where in St. Bess are you or your family from?
My husband lives in Black River :)

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My neighbor applied for a visa to visit his woman in Canada. And even though it is a visiting visa they have been holding his passport for over a month now.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well I spoke to the girlfriend of my neighbor about the return of her man passport and she said Kingston send and email about them been on strike and that it is taking longer. And it is 2 months they have his passport to be exact. Sad :(

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
My MP contacted me today as I requested last friday for them to contact Kingston which only took them a total of 3 days and he did not say anything about a strike. He was very friendly called me personally and told me the following of what Kingston said to him.
-the exact date they received our file in Kingston
-that our file is with a officer and has been looked at, but finaly decision has not been made as of yet
-it is in the process, but also again he said be prepared to wait the full 19 months to hear anything back anything worst case scenerio
-that if we do not hear anything back in 6 weeks he is willing to contact them again and submit a letter also supporting our marriage
Hoping that this is true and that there is no strike, but if it wasn't true why is Kingston sending out e-mails generic or not including "strike" action to put delays on applications?

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
melissa123 said:
My MP contacted me today as I requested last friday for them to contact Kingston which only took them a total of 3 days and he did not say anything about a strike. He was very friendly called me personally and told me the following of what Kingston said to him.
-the exact date they received our file in Kingston
-that our file is with a officer and has been looked at, but finaly decision has not been made as of yet
-it is in the process, but also again he said be prepared to wait the full 19 months to hear anything back anything worst case scenerio
-that if we do not hear anything back in 6 weeks he is willing to contact them again and submit a letter also supporting our marriage
Hoping that this is true and that there is no strike, but if it wasn't true why is Kingston sending out e-mails generic or not including "strike" action to put delays on applications?
That is the email she told me she got from them because its been two month they have his passport for TRV and she wanted him before winter, so she contacted them, but I did not know it has been 2 months I thought was 1. I do not let it bother me, I accepted the 19 months wait few months earlier.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Hi everyone. Please don't stress put about the strike.

As stated on here ready - It DOESN'T effect Kingston at all. This was verified by someone's mp and they posted the letter on here.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Krys939 said:
Hi all,

Just came across this message board and thought I may get some help here. I am Canadian and my husband is Jamaican, were got married in Jan 2013 and applied for Spousal Sponsorship in March 2013. I have been approved on the Canadian side of things and his application has been sent to Kingston from my understanding for approval for the Permanent Residency portion. We are now pregnant with our first baby and he has still not been approved. I am 3 months pregnant and we are hoping he will at least be here for the birth. Does anyone know how long approximately this process takes for sponsorship.

- Application received March 27
- Sponsorship approved on April 19
- Awaiting approval for permanent residency

Any help, please let me know, he does not want to miss the birth of his child.

Thank you,
Krys
Welcome!!!!!

I was in the same situation as you however you applied earlier on your pregnancy. I'm praying that you are one of the lucky ones that get through quick. I ended up having to deliver my baby 8 weeks ago without my husband there. I was lucky enough to have a great bestfriend to stand in for him. We talked on the phone a lot until of course the pain kicked in. It was sad not to have him there but with support from your family and friends it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

One week today I will be down in JA and my daughter will final meet her daddy and we are spending 6 months down there. Thank god for mat leave!!! I'm hoping that Jah will answer out prayers and that we will be home here together before the 6 months is up

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Sammy babes it will happen you will be coming home with hubby,baby and all smiles …trust and that message is ready_fi_move_on approved

HAPPY FRIDAY FAMILY IT'S FRIDAY AND KINGSTON IS BACK TO WORK
I HOPE THEY GOT SOME REST AND ENJOYED THERE HOLIDAY "CAUSE ITS TIME TO EMINICAPATE SOME HUSBANDS AND WIVES AND SEND DEM HOME

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Have a great long weekend everyone! Welcome to all the newbies whether lurking or have come forward :p

And just my thought; I do agree that Kingston is not on strike but that they maybe supporting their colleagues in the European and Asian countries; as a result they maybe going slow.

I also have friends who have applied for a visitor's visa over 2 mths now; and they have a wedding to attend on Sunday in Toronto and still no visa.