+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Maddants said:
hey there sis. how are you doing.....on my account is has my jamaica address on it....but hopefully after my interview it will change to the wifey address
Hey Bro, I am bless hbu??? yea that is normal for you to have your Jamaican address then it will change to your wife address when they are returning your passport. My husbands account from day 1 has always been my address never seen his Jamaican address listed.

lonelymrs

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
15-10-2014
LANDED..........
FULL HEARING WON FEB 15/2017!!
lonely_cdnwife said:
Hope you have a great flight! I'll be traveling down around the same time so i'm praying for nice weather! When i'm getting ready to see the hubby it always seems like time just drags on for the last 2 weeks so i'm hoping this month will pass by fast and before i know it i'll be back in beautiful st. elizabeth :)
Really !!! Im going on August 23 how bout you ?? And time always flies by for me probably because im such a procrastinator with all the preparations to go so im like a chicken with my head cut off come 2-3 days before going lol

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
chickie72 said:
if you signed as his representative then your address will be on his side.
Mine has been my hubby's since we applied as I'm his representative

Trudybuff said:
Generic letter

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Our office is unable to provide you with updates by email/fax on a regular basis on the processing of this case. However rest assured that we will make contact with your husband if any action is required on his part. His case is being processed and it remains in the processing queue.

Regards

Immigration Section
Kingston Jamaica
Hi Trudy. This means that they are still processing his application and nothing has been decided yet. I got the same letter from them a couple weeks ago. My file just got to Kingston so I know no decision has been made yet. I'm hoping that they work on all the 2012 files and get them done quick

Krys939

Aug 1, 2013
sammystorm19 said:
Welcome!!!!!

I was in the same situation as you however you applied earlier on your pregnancy. I'm praying that you are one of the lucky ones that get through quick. I ended up having to deliver my baby 8 weeks ago without my husband there. I was lucky enough to have a great bestfriend to stand in for him. We talked on the phone a lot until of course the pain kicked in. It was sad not to have him there but with support from your family and friends it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

One week today I will be down in JA and my daughter will final meet her daddy and we are spending 6 months down there. Thank god for mat leave!!! I'm hoping that Jah will answer out prayers and that we will be home here together before the 6 months is up

Thanks so much, I |appreciate your response. I am hoping that it goes through quickly as well. Just crossing my fingers and praying to Jah!

lonely_cdnwife

Star Member
Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
lonelymrs said:
Really !!! Im going on August 23 how bout you ?? And time always flies by for me probably because im such a procrastinator with all the preparations to go so im like a chicken with my head cut off come 2-3 days before going lol
Same day! I leave from Vancouver on Aug 22 but i wont arrive in jamaica until Aug 23 :)

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
sammystorm19 said:
Mine has been my hubby's since we applied as I'm his representative
As much as I try not to be negative nelly, it still comes across as I am and I am sorry if anyone feels that as I don't mean it. I just try to keep it real as many times I was told ohhhh you r at the end and I get all excited yet here I still sit waiting. Been here awhile and if I tell u something it is because I know it because others have gone through it so I am just trying to let u know either 1) the truth or 2) someone else's experience. It is heart breaking to hear oh your hubby is coming soon and then nothing happens so just trying to help out. The process in a nutshell for the new people (based on experience on this forum and we all know things change)
1. You apply to Mississauga. You get sponser approval. At this time if u look at your Ecas it will say decision made when you sign in with the SPONSORS UCI#. When u get your letter from miss. It will have a file # that starts with an F if you put this # into Ecas with your husbands info you will see his side. This should have his address on it but if you filled out the application and put yourself as his representative then it will have your address on the the ENTIRE time as this is Kingston's contact address if they need to mail anything. So if anything is to be mailed to him then it will come to your address instead of your husbands as u r his representative.
After sponsor approval it will go down to Kingston now for review at which time they will start your eligibility. This is when it is decided if u need an interview or not. Most interviews are waived as per the operational manuals but if there are any red flags then an interview will be arranged to get more information. They will contact u to let u know when the interview is and any other documents they need to see. Sometimes when the need more documents your Ecas will change to "in process" at this time and some workers will change it to in process anyways and others don't. They are very inconsistent on this one. After the eligibility is passed they move onto criminality in which they look at the police record etc during this time they are reviewing your other forms that you filled out for any errors, omissions or red flags again. After criminality is complete they move onto security, this is where it is checked thru CSIS and other agency to prove no terrorist ties etc. if at that time an arc is needed then it will be requested. After this the file is reviewed to be sure everything is completed and if approved then passport is requested. After sending in passport the wait is on for it to be returned. From others experience we have noticed that the Ecas will change to decision made right after it is stamped with a visa. After it has been returned or in the process of its return your hubbies address will change to your own if it is not already there because u r his representative. When your hubby lands in Canada some people have said their Ecas changes to complete! This is what we all strive for :) hope this helps some people to understand what goes on.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
chickie72 said:
As much as I try not to be negative nelly, it still comes across as I am and I am sorry if anyone feels that as I don't mean it. I just try to keep it real as many times I was told ohhhh you r at the end and I get all excited yet here I still sit waiting. Been here awhile and if I tell u something it is because I know it because others have gone through it so I am just trying to let u know either 1) the truth or 2) someone else's experience. It is heart breaking to hear oh your hubby is coming soon and then nothing happens so just trying to help out. The process in a nutshell for the new people (based on experience on this forum and we all know things change)
1. You apply to Mississauga. You get sponser approval. At this time if u look at your Ecas it will say decision made when you sign in with the SPONSORS UCI#. When u get your letter from miss. It will have a file # that starts with an F if you put this # into Ecas with your husbands info you will see his side. This should have his address on it but if you filled out the application and put yourself as his representative then it will have your address on the the ENTIRE time as this is Kingston's contact address if they need to mail anything. So if anything is to be mailed to him then it will come to your address instead of your husbands as u r his representative.
After sponsor approval it will go down to Kingston now for review at which time they will start your eligibility. This is when it is decided if u need an interview or not. Most interviews are waived as per the operational manuals but if there are any red flags then an interview will be arranged to get more information. They will contact u to let u know when the interview is and any other documents they need to see. Sometimes when the need more documents your Ecas will change to "in process" at this time and some workers will change it to in process anyways and others don't. They are very inconsistent on this one. After the eligibility is passed they move onto criminality in which they look at the police record etc during this time they are reviewing your other forms that you filled out for any errors, omissions or red flags again. After criminality is complete they move onto security, this is where it is checked thru CSIS and other agency to prove no terrorist ties etc. if at that time an arc is needed then it will be requested. After this the file is reviewed to be sure everything is completed and if approved then passport is requested. After sending in passport the wait is on for it to be returned. From others experience we have noticed that the Ecas will change to decision made right after it is stamped with a visa. After it has been returned or in the process of its return your hubbies address will change to your own if it is not already there because u r his representative. When your hubby lands in Canada some people have said their Ecas changes to complete! This is what we all strive for :) hope this helps some people to understand what goes on.
You're awesome!!!! I don't think your negative at all. You know this process so very well and I think that what you said just now was perfect. Maybe it will answer a lot of people questions

Sometimes you can't sugar coat stuff and have to tell it like it is

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Nothing negative about you chickie your positive spirit is what kept me n soo many of us sane...u are a blessing from God
I am glad you made that post because truth be known alot of people don't post here anymore because when they keep it real people inbox dem say dem bad mind n so forth.....but since me neva business from day 1 n no baddi cant put gag order pon me. ... I will continue helping with the little knowledge I have
..im so glad you keeping it real my girl round of applause

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
ready_fi_move_on said:
Nothing negative about you chickie your positive spirit is what kept me n soo many of us sane...u are a blessing from God
I am glad you made that post because truth be known alot of people don't post here anymore because when they keep it real people inbox dem say dem bad mind n so forth.....but since me neva business from day 1 n no baddi cant put gag order pon me. ... I will continue helping with the little knowledge I have
..im so glad you keeping it real my girl round of applause
lol I used to have -9 negative rating and now I am -19 lol there must be some bad mind out there hahaha but a so it goes! A life!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Lol what does that whole rating system really means anyways. ...not everyone is gonna like what you have to say the straight truth is some people CANT handle the truth. There are people who like to live in a bubble and be coddled. . There are people who are trying to help but read something and take it as gospel and preach it without knowing all the facts of how things work....truth be known no of us know the gull in and out of how the system works. ...n there are people who set themselves up for dissapoinment and when things don't work out as they expect they lash out at others. ...this process is maddening but the one thing that id for sure is there one day will be an end....im not speaking at anyone in particular and if you take offense to anything ive said then obviously you fall under that catetgory.... just keeping it real ...keep doing your thing chickie nuff people appreciate and count on you.....don't make cause of a few negative people who don't have the balls to speak up instead the click on negstive rating.....it nuh count fi much but you have a BIG positive rating in my book big up ya self babes...... PEACE

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
ready_fi_move_on said:
Lol what does that whole rating system really means anyways. ...not everyone is gonna like what you have to say the straight truth is some people CANT handle the truth. There are people who like to live in a bubble and be coddled. . There are people who are trying to help but read something and take it as gospel and preach it without knowing all the facts of how things work....truth be known no of us know the gull in and out of how the system works. ...n there are people who set themselves up for dissapoinment and when things don't work out as they expect they lash out at others. ...this process is maddening but the one thing that id for sure is there one day will be an end....im not speaking at anyone in particular and if you take offense to anything ive said then obviously you fall under that catetgory.... just keeping it real ...keep doing your thing chickie nuff people appreciate and count on you.....don't make cause of a few negative people who don't have the balls to speak up instead the click on negstive rating.....it nuh count fi much but you have a BIG positive rating in my book big up ya self babes...... PEACE
+10000 so damn true ready!!!!

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Hubby...Decemebr 9, 2011 & expired. med redone and handed in at interview on Sept. 17/13
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
chickie72 said:
Hello Chickie well said. I have much respect for you as you are very knowledgeable and do the research and you learn from others experiences. I know a lot more now since I have joined this forum and became a part of this family here. If I didn't come to this forum, I would still be in the dark, not knowing what is going on with me and Maddants file. If I didn't learn from this site, I would be worrying and wondering what to do next and and it would be so depressing not knowing anything. From this forum, I have learned a lot and the truth means a lot more than knowing nothing. Just keep up the good work, and learning from the others and their experience can help others understand. Kingston is so inconsistent, and we just have to go with the flow because we cannot change or influence how fast they are doing things or what they chose to work on. We all want our process to be speedy, but reality of it is not so. Some are very lucky to have very speedy processing times, but others like me and you and some others on this forum who have been waiting for a long time now are hurting because we need to be with our spouses. Everyone need to be with the one they love because life is lonely with out our spouses. When me and Maddants fell in love, I knew the challenges of this process and a long distant relationship. A lot of others would give up as it seems almost impossible and of course they would not do what all of us are doing here now. I didn't even know how to begin. With the support of others, friends, people on this forum, Maddants friends, all who know the process, have gotten us to where we are at now. But I was willing to go through it because of what I have learned, the love me and Maddants share, and determination to make it a reality. Thanks to everyone with the experience and everything you have shared. Take care forum family, I am just dropping by when I can. :D

jamaicalove

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012, Re-done Nov 2013
Passport Req..
26-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-06-214
Chickie, you are far from negative! Those who give you a negative reading must be really unhappy to spend the time to do that... Cuz really, do those ratings mean anything more then just a number? :) we are all lucky that you are so willing to share the knowledge you have gained!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
True talks jalove ....lol since I posted earlier I got 2 new negative ratings lol I guess I should go walk on the 401 or just stop posting cause some people dont like what I have to say. ...hmmmmm but I wont cause there are people who come here for encouragement n and answers and as long as I can help one person pay it forward for the help ive gotten ill continue to do so ......a just love me a pree ......go ahead negative rate that

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Akiikwe said:
Hello Chickie well said. I have much respect for you as you are very knowledgeable and do the research and you learn from others experiences. I know a lot more now since I have joined this forum and became a part of this family here. If I didn't come to this forum, I would still be in the dark, not knowing what is going on with me and Maddants file. If I didn't learn from this site, I would be worrying and wondering what to do next and and it would be so depressing not knowing anything. From this forum, I have learned a lot and the truth means a lot more than knowing nothing. Just keep up the good work,
blessings mrs maddants thank you I am so glad we have this forum and each other to talk to about this process because none of our friends can even relate to what we r going thru and we encourage each other so much to just have faith and to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Without that I don't know how a lot of us would have survived this process so long.