Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Glo.... my parents had been to JA like 13 years ago and to a resort...never anything like this, but they enjoyed themselves to the fullest and embraced the whole experience, i was very proud of them, and quite proud to show off hubby and his families way of life. I am blessed that my hubby lives so high up in the hills and we feel quite safe there....i dont think any of his family members will ever forget my dad's embarassing "whiteman" dance moves, he is proof the statement is true and all got a good long laugh lol

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
welcome back missinghubby......missed yah hahahahhaa....

rosie oh man thats not good......well you are able to go on ei...if you do decide to visit hubby make sure you let them know they will suspend benefits until you return...

i agree with leaving the resort...but not if you are not comfortable you know.....

mizzy- your hubby came early?????????wow

jamwifey..chelley - i will let you guys know where then by tuesday.....

i am praying for great week....love yaallllll

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosie, sorry to hear about the job..same thing happened to me last year,got laid off march 31st and did not know what I was going to do...could not find anything worth staying in Toronto for so I moved back to NB and have found a great job that I love and could not be happier so everything happens for a reason, just think something great is around the corner just for you and keep your head high! and as others have said if you do go to Jamaica while on EI let them know before you go that you will go out of the country...I've been told that when you use your PP they can trace that or something...wether that is true or not I do not know but was too afraid to try it out myself..better to be honest about it I say :)

welcome back missing, glad the meeting of the families went well! :)

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good Morning Forum Family :D

AHHH thank you guys SO much for your advice and concern. I know that there is something better for me to come. Things always happen for a reason. I did meet yesterday with the "new big boss" ...and it turns out he is the reason for me having to be let go, the Administration office has only 110 hours and there was 4 of us after he arrived...and I was last in so, I am first to go. Our meeting was very good and he actually hugged me at the end of it and is convinced I will be employed very soon as I am a terrific employee and He gave me the most wonderful compliment by telling me I am a true lady. 8) I do understand the chain in big business, it still sucks but it is part of life. SO on that note...I am taking this time to ready my house for my new family to arrive and do up my CV and pound the road looking for that next pay check. Yes I will have EI and that is the other great thing about this country. SO now all I need is a phone call from KG and everything will be alright :D

Have a great day everyone and thank you for being such a wonderful family :D

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Mawnin Fam!!
I was MIA this weekend...

Rosie - I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. Like everyone said: turn disappointments into opportunities!! If you plan to travel you must tell the gov. when you report and they will deduct the days you are out of the country from your benefits. I wish you luck. I'm sure we'll be hearing good news from you soon.... Nuff love Rosie!! :-*

Happy Monday Fam.... New weeks, new updates.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Good Morning everyone

Hello all Rosie you are truly a good woman for true...I have always said you are far positive than negetive and i think that quality about you is GREAT!! Best of luck ROSIE!!!

Well i truly hope there is more UPDATES this week ....Sending all my prayers your guys way that is waiting on KG..

Maple ....am i dumn....what is MIA...lol

So wah gwaan to everyone same way ......Keep your heads high ....Gods is working in your favor everyday!!

Bless

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
lcw....mia = missing in action lol :D

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning Peeps :D

New Week .....New Hopes

Nice to see you in good spirits rosie.

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy Monday to all..... Hope everyone has a great weekend

LOL @ LCW and MIA........ to funny...

Well 1 more week until I go to my new position.. Makes me feel very lucky and sad for Rosie.... hang in there my girl cause "THIS TOO SHALL PASS" you are going to find a next job soon and it will be better money and less work... memba soso a tell yuh dat...

Sassy...... kinda harsh no?? I don't think Glo meant anything by it... She was just simply stating what someone else said to her... and she made a valid point that in fact she was able to see outside the resort environment as well.... as it is very different from outside the hotel walls... regardless of where you are in the world... there is going to be good and bad.....it is sad that some cannot experience the real culture outside the walls of a resort .. is all I think she was saying....

When I first stayed at Starfish on my first trip and experienced the resort...I INSTANTLY HATED IT.... buffets...kids running around wild... old people hammered by 10 AM, nightly so called entertainment of old white people doing the dollar wine ( WHICH I THINK IT SOCA AND NOT EVEN JAMAICAN) LOL..... after day 2 I was like get me OUTTA here..... hence taking a walk down the beach at 11PM and co-incidently bumping into my future husband..... I am glad I ventured off or I would not be where I am today.... I never though after that trip months later I would be taking a public bus in and around downtown Kingston, Tivoli Gardens, Almond town... no sah...... but trust me I felt as safe there as any place... It's when you start roaming around in places where nobody knows you....that's the issue and usually trouble only follows trouble..... If you dont' go looking for trouble, trouble usually doesn't find you.... unless a freak accident happens or you are in the wrong place at the wrong time...... then again that can happen anywhere....
It just bothers me when I hear... Jamaica this and Jamaica that.. and the things some people say about the country that have not even been there or seen with their own 2 eyes.... I hate how some people always point out just the negatives... Like Gimme a break...... Wow.... I think am a bit crusty today.... LOL

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
yah

Resorts are over rated for me....BUT game on if you love it ...i am sure there are alot of people ...and if i was to go to mexico and them place i wouldnt know anyone at all ...so my RASS would definalty be sittin watchin all those old people drunk by 10 am .....lol

Jamaica has been my second home all my life ....and YES i could say i am fortunate that way...BUT....Jamaica and canada US alll have them good and BAD ....Country can be bad same weh nuh mek mi tell yuh ....BAD MON nuh descriminate trus mi!!!

All in all nuttin nuh scare me bout Jamaica ...if the good lawd waan mi what can mi do ....NUTTIN!!!!

But fo real anyone can expirience Jamaican culture on or off the resorts ....that how them jamaican mek them money for reallllllllll!!!

Oh man hubby jkust got done the interview ...now he is waiting to hear when them a go start ...apparently she is suppose to call him today or by morning tommarrow !!!

I was so nervous for him !!!

Geese....like he is a likkle pickney or sintin....lol

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day everyone. Hoping for a good week for us here. Hubby is off getting his new passport his expires in Aug so better he has his new one on hand prior to them asking.
Just to make myself clear on my prior post I meant nothing by it at all. Simply what the other person said. I am all to well aware of the unsafe places in JA as well as any country. The womans comment was also she was off the resort across the street to a bar. She went far. :eek: That was her "real" experience with the "natives" as she put it. :D
Jamaica is a beautiful place and has good and bad like any other place. Bad seeds don't make the whole basket bad and that does annoy me to no end when I hear ppl talking crap about ALL Jamaicans. Anyway lets push this aside. No hurt feelings here.

Also just wondering when/if asked to pay return fee where do we pay? And do I send notificatin to Miss or send to JA?

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Glogirl

Your question re: return fee? Sorry in advance - I'm only in my early 30's but a memory of a 90 year old! was your hubby removed from Canada? Are you talking about reimbursing the cost for him to be sent back to JA?
Or the RPRF (right of permanent residency fee)?

I can help you out if you clarify above :)

OK - so last time I said this, we got great news! So gawd, where are all the updates? (did it work?) come on JA - spring is coming.

Homesoon

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
good day all

as far as jamaica or any other foriegn country is concerned ,i belive no person has the right to condemn or glorify until you actually been there for yourself.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder
one mans junks is anothers gold

anyways lets all grt back on a positive note....come on KG

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
debate...debate....debate.......
no one meant any offense ...i just think when you are typing the expression or how we said what we wrote doesnt come out.....so glo and sazzy i both understand where you are coming from.....
cuz i know if i go mexico i will be on a resort for sure...lol....lcw u zeeeittt......

no updates today :(

soso- how is the baby doing??????????still having all day sickness?
are you craving anything new?

kc where you at girl?

big up to all :D we keep the good vybez going