kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
lol......missing lmao...

to everyone the reason there was no dance off was we were out numbered...it was just mi and kc there as slimmaz so we disqualified...lmao...loved the vibes tho trust mi.....

jamwifey.....thank you hunny......i been moddelling part time til i had my daughter now dats like once in a while...mi a go fit up back and do my thing when hubby come...hehehe

lcw- nuh worry man get better u and hubby?

kc where u at......??
so my aunt call me said there is a ticket 268.00 for 1 week...i might just tek dat..imma go online now and see....likkle more ladies :)hope tommorrow brings good news

penitent

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Good morning to all forum family.........first i would love to thank everyone for their gratitude towards our process with kingston..............it have been a painful and stressing journey.........but with God infront and forum family at the sides we were able to pull it off............congrat to the others........ who on that day recieved their passport pickup along with Mrs Peni.......also who got request for passport................ I would like to take this time to ask God for his blessings on the behalf of forum family. Canuck.......don't understand wat yuh talking about..............Lonely...........they will bbbbbbbb home b4 the end of the mth......because the little one wanted to finish her exams.............I will continued to pray for the site and their members also i will make this my facebook.............thanks again ladies and hubbies for showing gratitude towards our positive results.........God luv yuh all...........Luv yuh

penitent

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Good morning to all forum family.........first i would love to thank everyone for their gratitude towards our process with kingston..............it have been a painful and stressing journey.........but with God infront and forum family at the sides we were able to pull it off............congrat to the others........ who on that day recieved their passport pickup along with Mrs Peni.......also who got request for passport................ I would like to take this time to ask God for his blessings on the behalf of forum family. Canuck.......don't understand wat yuh talking about..............Lonely...........they will bbbbbbbb home b4 the end of the mth......because the little one wanted to finish her exams.............I will continued to pray for the site and their members also i will make this my facebook.............thanks again ladies and hubbies for showing gratitude towards our positive results.........God luv yuh all...........Luv yuh Mrs Peni.............yuh will bbbbbbbbb home for Easter hahahaha....

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning Forum Family...

Congrats Canuck... so happy that you have finally got word on the sponsorship so that KG can start processing your file.... you make me laugh.. bout shake n bake.. lol

Stressed... wassup our forum family modella girl...... i started typing a few posts yesterday but got caught up at work... I am getting really busy... which helps the day go by quick but takes up all my forum family time... that ticket sounds good... i wish i could jump on the plane with you and go to ja... i really really want to go to sumfest this year so i think i might wait until then... tear :(

weekend was so fun ladies.... soso, maple, stressed, missing, frequent, boo, sassy, ldk and di hubbies... so nice meeting up... everyone was so polite and nice and no awkward moments and we all got to see each others personalities and i wish you could of all came out afterwards for a few drinks and play some dominos.... Stressed and Missing.... me and maple were not even trying so dont even go there bout we cant manage you two in dominos... lmao... 8) next time we need fi leave the kiddies and the hubbies at home and just chill out with the ladies... we were talking about doing the americas most wanted tour (i just learned about them this weekend and i still need to check them on youtube or myspace.. LOL and doing a beach BBQ in the summer... so there will be a next time....

now back to KG.... we need some serious updates and progress - all those requests in the past little bit has made us anxious for me....

Peni.... so happy that you are in full plans of bringing home the misses and family... congrats to you my friend... cant wait to hear the stories... it brings back so many memories

If anything... reading all of your stories and hearing the excitiment in your posts about hubby gettind an update makes me remember what it was like for me and that is one reason why i still continue to come on this site... and one thing i love about that is it helps keeps me grounded and it helps me to remember to not take what i have for granted now that hubby is here.. because its oh so easy to do... i will never forget the process that i went through and the struggles and the heart ache and i promised hubby from time that i would not forget about it... it helps keep me in check when there are minor hiccups between me and hubby... sometimes you forget that at one point you prayed every day and cried every day to be with that special someone... and then when you have them here you start drifting away from that...

you know what i mean...... sometimes we might think that the struggles will end when hubby / wifey gets home... but it doesnt... as all marriages it takes time and dedication and courage and trust and wisdom and commuication and allowing yourself to be vulnerable and patience and allowing yourself and your partner to grow together as well as individuals...

anyways i dunno why i just got into some deep thoughts but whatever... LOL... nuff love!

Faithhope

Star Member
Jan 19, 2010
Hey .... can anyone give me step by step on what happen when their husband came to Canada... I just wondering what will happen when my hubby lands.. he will be landing at terminal 3 just wondering if he will come through the same place where everyone comes through?? any info would be great???

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
KC - Very fitting words.... the journey doesn't end when our spouses land, it is just begginning.

I've been thinking about the idea of our next gathering. I love it!! Beach Party!! I'd love to be on the planning commitee for that one, please? How does August sound?

BIG UP FORUM FAM!! Looking for more updates this week.

frequent_flyer

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
File Transfer...
21-04-2009
LANDED..........
11-11-2009
Faithhope....landing process is very straight ffwd
1. remind him to have the document with his picture affixed that was given to him by KG when he picked up his passport
2. check in a little earlier - as they do an advanced passenger screening...with Air Canada it can be completed on line
3.After landing he will go thru immigration as usual - have document and passport ready to present - they will confirm the address and city where he will reside, welcome him to canada and hand him a bag of goodies. Tell him to declare what ever he has - fruits, veggies, rum..or if nothing then nothing. They will ask if he is bringing any money into canada and the amt.
4.pick up his luggage - go thru customs and then he is in your arms

The will give him a confirmation of Permanent Residence which he can take to any Service Canada along with his passport as soon as the next day to apply for SIN...You can also apply for HC with Service Ontario but it wont be valid till 3 mths after landing - for that he will need his passport, PR card and a bank statement or paystubb.

Best wishes to you and your family...keep us posted

frequent_flyer

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
File Transfer...
21-04-2009
LANDED..........
11-11-2009
Hey forum..hubby got his Health card
He said bwoy my life has changed so much in 2 years...I have all these things i never dreamed of having
Health Coverage, Benefits, dentist, a family, a good job...all he needs now is his Drivers License and he is good to go

It is indeed a nice feeling to know that we have all made a difference in someones life

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with FF.... It's all so worth it in the END

And to add to your post FF, she also asked if he goes through the same doors... Yes he comes through the same doors that you come through when you come home.
The terminal depends on who they are flying with... your ticket will show you!

Make sure you go to the INTERNATIONAL arrivals gate and not Canadian arrivals .

Congrats MR Frequent on the Health card! Him a real Ja-nadian now LOL

sassy75

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-02-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
15-10-2008
Passport Req..
03-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
Hey Ladies,

Had a wonderful time on Saturday night!!!! It was great to meet you all!!

So what is this I hear about a summer Bar b q on Ward island?!?!?!? lets plan it!! Then the kiddies can run and play too!!

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
i cant keep up with you guys

is it just me and canuck that are filing right now?

it took him -canuck-26? days to be approved to be a sponsor.
was any one shorter or longer?
what should i expect?

mizzy

Sep 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2008
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
16-03-2009
File Transfer...
31-12-2008
Med's Request
21-12-2009
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2010
LANDED..........
18-03-2010
Congrats to all with updates since my last post....peni, helpme, chelley, faithhope, canuck. The wheels of progress are turning albeit still too slowly.

Sounds like this weekend was a blast. Sorry I am so far from the fun.

I have an additional landing question to add to faiths earleir ones. On the CIC site they say to fill out this complex form of what personal belongings afre coming into Canada (both accompanying and non). I had sent it to hubby and he was like really they want me to count my shirts and list it? Has anyone else's spouses actually filled out this form for landing? Hubby will have 2 cases with him and nothing else since its less expensive to replace than to ship in the end. And one of the cases are actually items of mine and my son's that we left behind last trip down.

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good night and good morning.

Sorry Canuck I forgot to tell you congratulations on getting your letter...now the long wait begins....you are lucky that you get a month with your wife to take away some of the waiiting time!!!j

KMC...congrats on sending off your file too.....you join Canuck in the waiting game, but with the way KG works you guys might get done before us.

Peni...congratulations to finally be over with this process and to have your family with you for Easter :D :D

KC....your words are so true...many forget after a bit of time together.....but believe me...I will never forget this part of my life and this journey, things that have happened to me already keep me very grounded and humble and always thankful for this life and what God has granted me, mind you I wouldn't mind a good agruement..lol.....I will always win..(wink)

OK and last but not least.....This Quebecer wants to come to the next meeting!!!! 8)

Take care everyone!! :D

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mizzy.. My husband never filled nothing out. Not only that they never asked what he had with him, nor did he have to take his shoes off. They only asked him where he was staying and how much money he had on him. Nothing else.

He brough sorrel, bun cheese, rum, sugar cane, gongo peas, banana chips.... nuff stuff in his carry on, and they didn't say anything to him. NOT A THING\

Tell your husband not to bother with that paper. It's def NOT manditory.