July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning Everybody!

Back to work today. Getting over the flu and back on my farmville(KC)

HELPMEPLEASE: Congrats on being over and done with KG.

PENI, PEACE AND CHELLY COngrats to you too.

Well another week gone and another week closer for us to be with our hubbies and wives. Keep the faith people. It cant be forever.

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Morning all!

Stressed - the only answer is bureaucracy. With no rhym or reason. It's the same frustration my family feels outside of this specific process. Here my hubby had a charge 14 years ago (minor assault at work with a bad bar patron), and they make him go home and leave his teenage girl & partner of 17 years. honest - there's no fairness in this. But it is what it is. There are murderers out there, but if they're from a country that has any sort of turmoil - they get to star. *Shrug*.
My only advice to all of us (and if you're anything like me it works one day and not the next) is to not compare timelines b/c it just kills!
This situation is stressful. Yesterday I was in the same place as you feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. Today is better. Ups & downs.

Penitent - Congratulations and I wish you and your family all the best. Same to you helpme - I'm so incredibly excited for you and I think having the weekend together is great. Plus, a few extra days to get the house prepared and ready is helpful. Even for me, I've started to take over some of my hubby's closet space (I still have most of his dress clothes) ... and I know I'm going to have to do some serious organizing before he comes home.

Sassy - I feel your pain girl. I almost don't have any words because I just know how hard it is for you and all I can say, your time is coming soon. honestly hun, it is.

Rosemel - I read your first message and could sense your frustration. Kids! Work! hang in there.

Thank goodness you heard from whydothey! I was actually worried. I thought that it must have gone bad and she was in a bit of a sad place hiding out. so happy to hear all is well - please pass on my relief and congratulations!

Alright, we're clearing out so many new files. Let's go back to the 2008's and early 2009's.

Want some good news? For those in T.O. It's going to be 10 degrees on Sunday! I won't cus the entire time I'm walking my dog. ;D

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning to all you beautiful people... its friday... brap brap brap... 8)

wow... so much updates.. its great...

so now we have whydothey who got called for PP
peni who picked up pp
help me who picked up pp
chelley who picked up pp

great news.... looks like i need to do another update before i lose track!

tommorrow is our likkle jamjam... got my stretchy pants ready so that i can fat up mi belly with food!

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Hello again,
SO I am taking a flipping break here at work and I don't give a rats ass!!!....Thank you guys, I just wanted to vent a bit as I am feeling so helpless right now with everything. I am truly happy for everyone but at the same time very sad as I can see everyone is moving on and enjoying life and actually are having fun and BAM BAM TOO!!!! It has been another 5 months since I have been with my hubby and the frustration is building up so much as I see my family life (daughter) fall apart. Never in a million years did I expect this and noone around me (except you guys here) know how I am feeling. I know my time will come but as I watched "Private Practice" last night...it hit me how unfeeling immigration is...I know it is just a show...but if anyone else watched it... you understand what I am saying...pulling a family apart...with no feelings at all...sad sad... I cried so much, but it really is the reality of what we are dealing with. Anyways just sharing with my forum family...Thanks :D

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Status Update :

Yet to send off application:

KMC
Iambless

Sent off application waiting for sponsorship approval:

Canuck (feb 01 10)

Sponsorship has been approved, file sent to Kingston. Has not received AOR but status changed on ecas to "in process" :

Glogirl (sent email to KG)

Have not received AOR but ecas changed to "in process" but waiting for re-do medical request :

Soanxiouswifey (medical expire sept - needs to get police check in uk)

Received AOR waiting on Document Request and/or next step :

Hatewaiting (sent originals with package)
Missingmybaby
Confusednscared (through T&T embassy)
Rosemel (has been asked for “selection certificates” – for Quebec residents only)
Jamwifey
Missingmyboo
Highlyfavoured - Flava
Kimore

Received AOR and Documents have been requested and sent:

Workinprocess
Stress
MarieJessica

Received AOR and documents have been requested and sent and waiting for re-do medical request:

Stressedwife (sent email and fax to KG - did original medical incorrect)
Maple Syrup

Received AOR and documents have been requested and sent and re-do medical has been requested:

Missingmyhubby (medicals expire Jan 8 10)

Received AOR re-do medical have been requested and sent, Arc Fee (400$) and Arc letter and Removal Costs (1500$) have been requested and sent:

Sassy (sent in all requests Jan 7 10)
homesoon (ordered CAIPES notes sent in requests Feb 10)

Received AOR and Documents have been requested and sent, re-do medical and redo police check have been requested and sent, Arc Fee (400$) and Arc letter and Removal Costs (1500$) have been requested and sent:

longdistance (sent in all requests Jan 18 10)

Hubbies / wifeys got call to drop off PP or have PP with Visa and waiting to come home:

whydothey
Peni
Helpme
Peaceloveunity
Mizzy
Chelley
Faithhope

Recently had hubby / wife come to Canada - Process complete:

LCW Feb 28 10 (14 months)
Torontogirl Feb 10 (20 months)
Soso Dec 09 (7 months)
Frequent Flyer Nov 09 (7 months)
kc416 Nov 09 (7 months)
Missing_my_hubby Oct 09
Howmuchlonger Sept 09
Junor July 09 (7 months)
precious_one_40 July 09
Zhane Jun 09

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:mad: Ok so I got a email back oh so nice of them:
Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your email (see below). Be advised that:
we are still awaiting the results of the background enquiries
We will contact you as soon as we are ready to proceed to the next stage of processing or if we need additional documents and/or information.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Its the same email they sent me prior just dropped a few lines. Background checks take that long WTF. Like I said before he wasn't no busy busy man with goings on everywhere. Oh maybe he didn't pass grade 9 whoops check further. I am totally fed up with nothing. Ask for a paper anything.
I am going to let March go by then I am going to talk to my MP. I understand that it takes time but when they sit and let ppl wait with nothing is not good.
No prob if it takes 14 months to come I am ok with that but something.
Dont want to rain on the board just annoyed with them. But its a bright sunny day and I am healthy and have a good life and good man. So breath deeply and continue. P.S Rosemel WHAT is BAM BAM LMAO ohhhhh is that what I think it is. If so lets see 1 yr 2 mths. Shop all closed and boarded up it is.

P

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
yes ladies... let it out... dont let this build up inside and cause more pain then necessary.. thats what we are here for....

we feel your pain..... dont feel no ways about it!

:-*

Looks like we cant just sit around and wait for KG no longer... action is required.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Thanks to those that answered my question about sending originals... The reason that I asked was because I remembered thinking that part of the application/checklist was confusing, it stated at the top of the immigrant checklist to send photocopies of everything except meds and police records but then thru out it stated photocopy of this and that... When it listed marriage certificate and birth certificate underneath, it didn't state photocopy... I was confused and debated it for a bit and decided that we had multiple copies of each, why not send in originals just in case... Apparently it seems to be the norm for them to request these originals, so maybe those coming down the pipeline might want include them with their application proactively...

Just thinking...

And I do feel the pain of those whose applications are taking what seems like lifetimes... I spent all but two weeks of our pregnancy without my husband by my side, he didn't meet our son until he was 2 months old... While I don't talk about how hard it was often, it was the single most difficult time of my life... We sacrificed a lot to do what we are doing (spending mat leave together and putting my two older children thru school here in Jamaica).... I don't have any regrets but I don't forget.... Since we got the call last week and I found this board, there hasn't been a day that's gone by that I haven't thought I wish they'd called one of you instead bc I remember the pain that distance creates... I'm so relieved to be done with the process, don't get me wrong, but if I could trade places with some of you to give you a few less months of waiting, I would... Sorry, I am feeling your pain and just wanted to let you know..

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
lonely mi deyah good....
homesoon- I understand what you saying.....but girl trust me if I hold the frustration in imma blow...this process is hard to handle...moretimes you get so much dofferent feelings...thankgod I have all you ladies here to vent to that know what each other is going thru..cuz i would not know how I would handle .....

rosie- oh hun I feel for you..like I said last night hang in there :D

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
chelley - so nice of you ..but we all deserve to be with our hubbies...whether it came in 5 months or 14 months....so dont stress hun.....we can only wait its out of our hands when dealing with kingston....

p.s kc.......when you do the summary of 200/2009/2010 I was approved to sponsor may 21 2009/kingston received my file june 09 so if you can update that....sure wasnt april..I wish..thank you

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Homesoon: I think you are so right about not comparing your case to others.........Its hard not to but I am sure its not easy for those who are waiting for months and see others getting through in a 4-5 months.

Every case is different and I am sure every IO process files differently.

We are all in this together and are here to support each other. We all have had "down" times during this process. But as I always say it wont be forever.

Bless up everybody and Stay strong!

Faithhope

Star Member
Jan 19, 2010
hey everyone!!! Congrats to all those with update... I have little update myself.. hubby got his call to pick up his PP... Sooo happy.. he should be home before the end of the week

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
congratulations Faith Hope!!
Happy Reunion!! ;D

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Congrats Faith on your passport pick up request.... great news!

That makes 7 of you that have either got asked to bring in PP or have been asked to pick up PP and waiting to come home.... this is definetly the most action we have seen since during the last year....

Come on KG... make this month extra special for all a we