Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
My gawd chelley...soup pon Sat'day fi dinnah? How Jamaican can you be??? LOL. I am sorry to say that is one Jamaican tradition I never got into. It drove me mad that you always knew soup was for dinner on Saturday...the only thing that made it bearable was knowing rice and peas and chicken was coming the next day. :p When we went to stay with my mother, she made soup and hubby was all agog and asking her how come I didn't know how to make it. My mother said, of course she knows how to make it, I taught her, she just hates soup! LOL.

Randysgirl, congrats on the new job :)

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Randysgirl congrats on the job... that will probably free up some of your time since I know you been working really hard...

Nae... thanks for the info about the sin number will tell hubby tomorrow about that since he was wondering how that all worked :)

CharlieD... too funny, it reminds me of my mother in law's pea soup... OMG I felt so bad they're was pig tail in there... that grossed me right out hahahahaha when I took a bit... I had a weird taste in my mouth and wanted to vomit everywhere... I felt so bad.. Mother in law is a great cook but I HATE PEA SOUP... well maybe I would like it without pig tail.... I much rather chicken with rice and peas thats more my type of food :p

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
LMAO ... satday is the only day i have time to do soup! but i totally hear ya, i was never crazy about eating soup in 20+C weather... always seemed bizarre to me... growing up NO body made soup in the summer... even the thought of it was silly... but now when it's -20C outside, soup is niiiiiice! :) we always did up a nice pot of soup with the turkey leftovers from thanksgiving and that marked the beginning of "soup season" :)

this was the first time i made soup for hubby actually... and i did it canadian style, no 1/4 chicken for a huge put of soup here :) (pet peeve of mine to find one or two tiny piece of meat in a huge bowl of soup), i put in 4/4 (it wasn't technically a whole chicken, just 4 leg/thigh and back)... and boiled it down since noon.... all the chicken mashed up so nice... and then i added extra everything... i think the consensus is that i make better soup... he said i have to make soup for the family when we reach back now...

but no rice and peas on Sunday here...unless hubby is coming home from his weekend shift and making it.... dinner will probably be left over soup, if there's any (we're all having soup for breakfast, and probably lunch too :) )... otherwise i'll probably order pizza... i know, i'm probably going to jamaican hell for that one.. or at least purgatory LOL...

Loney... I'm okay with the pig tail... but can't mess with the foot (cow, chicken or anything else that has feet and makes soup), or mannish water.... they always try to tell me it's just goat soup LOL... sorry, try to sell that one to some other white canadian, this one aint buying it! can't even stand the smell.... actually, i wont drink any soup around christmas time bc i just never know what's in it.. it's usually misc parts from the christmas pig/goat/whatever else met their end to feed the 75 people that come for dinner... LOL

okay with that... soups on :)

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning forum fam, have a happy Sunday

Nae - Congrats on Mr Nae's new Job.

Randy - Congratulation too my dear on your new job.

Lonely & Godbless - thakns for the info, i know exactly what you mean, this ecas this is very addictive. Therefore i have gone ahead and submitted the information to e-tracker.

Also we also submitted the original Birth and Marriage Certificates since we had multiple copies, let see how this works out for me.

Bye

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning folks :)

Chelley - yes, you are definitely going to Jamaican hell for that. Pizza for dinner on Sunday? :eek: Tsk. LOL.

Guy, I am hoping someone can guide me on a couple issues for my husband:

1) hubby was involved in two long-term common-law relationships (each lasted 5 years), both of which ended years before we met. He doubts he can find the agreements he signed when they ended, so is there any other way for us to prove those relationships are over? Can he swear out a declaration before a notary? Or am I worrying needlessly, since we are married and not common-law ourselves?

2a) He has three children, but he gave up his parental rights to his son, so the child doesn't have his name, and he doesn't know where they (son and his mother) live. Does he still need to list his son in question 15 of the Sponsor Questionnaire?

2b) His daughters do not live with him, and the arrangement he has with their mother is that she is solely financially responsible for the girls, but he has open visitation rights. Does he still need to include the girls in question 6B on the Sponsorship Evaluation form, and list their names and DOB on that form?

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Charlie...

This will hopefully help the first question...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t27570.0.html
It basically says severance of common-law relationship is only needed in some areas and the guide specifies... Can't remember if the Caribbean guide required it? Don't think so...

I think besides the info in the link above a common law severance statement might be helpful if the relationship was with another sponsored person, or if the dates were close to or overlapped with your relationship..I think those may be cases CIC might be looking to dig further into... Don't think either is the case for you?

The rest I'd have to see the specific questions to give my best answer (am on mobile now)... Without seeing them, I'd suggest listing all children if it says all, and listing none if it says dependants... Sorry I can't help more here..

Maybe others will be of more help...

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Chelley, thanks!

Nothing is mentioned in the Region Specific Guides, and the consensus seems to be that our marriage makes null any previous common-law relationships he had anyways. They were both Canadians, not sponsored persons, so they have no bearing on our current application.

As for the kids, they are none of them financially dependent on him. I just know that he gets visitation with the girls if he wants.

Thanks for the assist! :)

Jan 30, 2011
I've been readinng and watching for a long time but never introduced myself. Hope u don't feel violate Yale things have worked out well for many. Be patient; for the most part they all seem to make it thru sooner or later. And it reason, truly is worth the wait because when u get to hold urnsoulmate in ur arms everynight the struggle to get them make you love them all that much more!

Megscominhome

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2011
File Transfer...
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
No PPR - Confirmation Rec'd 29 March, 2012
LANDED..........
Will land 29 April!
Hi everyone,

I'm not in Jamaica, but our application will go to Kingston (once we finally get it completed!!).

Just wanted to ask - are the timescales really 15 months? That seems sooooo long!!!

Hope everyone's well...
m

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
megs... some have gone 15m or more, but that is on the higher end... if you scroll back a few days you'll see our timelines (also trackitt.com will provide some insight too when you navigate it properly)...

presently it looks like 7-8m is the benchmark, however it seems that those coming from a third location (i.e bahamians, bajans ect) seem to get thru quicker... (if you see our spreadsheet, Miracle44 was a bahamaian applicant...)

hope that helps and welcome to you and "fly" :)

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Good morning everyone!!!!

I am hoping this will be a good week for Kingston lots of members waiting by the phone... Lets go Kingston hubby is by the phone we waiting for a call to get all excited and kill the anxiety Lets go Kingston Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome flyondiwall and Megscominhome.... I included an update from CharlieD that was sent a few days ago to kidda show you the timeline that we have been dealing with... Now please keep in mind that every case is dealt with differently ;D I hope this helps out a bit!!!!!!

STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months

Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months

Missingmybaby Oct 08 HUBBY LANDED 25 Months

Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months

Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months

Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months

Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months

Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months

Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months

Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep Hubby Landed 13 Months

Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months

Hatewaiting Feb 09 Hubby Landed 16 Months

Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months

Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months

Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months

Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months

Glogirl April 09 HUSBAND LANDED 19 MONTHS

Missinghubby April 09 Hubby Landed 13 Months

Stressed May 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months

soanxiouswifey May 09 Additional Docs Requested & Submitted

Cmom (dependant) May 09 Sponsorship approved & PR App sent

Confusedandscared June 09 Interview Done awaiting ARC

Rosemel (Quebec) June 09 HUBBY & GIRLS LANDED 18 MONTHS

Homesoon(ARC) July 09 Hubby Landed 9 Months

Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months

Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months

Missingmyboo Sept 09 Additional Docs Requested&SUBMITTED

Jamwifey Oct 09 LANDED 13 Months

Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)

Siron Oct 09 LANDED 9 MONTHS

Anxiouslyawait Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED

Kimore Nov 09 AOR Received

Yardie Dec 09 Interview set for Feb 2/11

M.A.L Dec 09 PPR

highlyflavoured(familyclass) Dec 09 AOR received

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 5 Months

Angella Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 9 months

Miracle44 FEB 10 LANDED 3 MONTHS

Canuck Feb 10 LANDED 9 MONTHS

KMC MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 8 MONTHS

Virtuous MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS

KensWife MAR 10 HUBBY LANDED 7 MONTHS

Mylilangel APR 10 AOR RECEIVED

chukie APR 10 DOC REQUESTED

jesusgirl APR 10 AOR Received

Mika & sick May 10 LANDED 7 MONTHS

MommyT (dependent) MAY 10 SON LANDED 7 MONTHS

NaeNae MAY 10 LANDED 7.5 MONTHS

Child MAY 10 VISA ISSUED 8 MONTHS

Iambless June 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

Godblesswife June 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

KIDD June 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

Chantol June 10 DOC REQUESTED

MrsLonely June 10 Sponsorship approved

lonely_wife June 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

brownsuga July 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

ladyposh July 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

ABA Aug 10 AOR Received

Sanchester Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

Reema Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

butterfly10 Sept 10 AOR Received

jahlove Sept 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

Can-Indy-Jam Oct 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

Randysgirl Nov 10 eCAS Updated to "Medicals Received"

proper Nov 10 Sponsorship approved

Smoothie Waiting to send app off

Charlie D Waiting to send app off

JAMinCAN Waiting to send app off

MrsLWSN Waiting to send app off

georgee (conjugal) Waiting to send app off

suki Getting married in March

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning guys, i trust you all had a lovely weekend

Welcome flyondiwall and Megscominhome.

Another week is here again, come kgn start making some calls.

havae a good one today all.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
jahlove you seem to be as anxious as me about the calls hahahahaha lol.... last week when i was talking to hubby and he was like oh one sec another line.... while waiting on the other line I kept getting super excited and almost died a few times but he would come back on the line and say it wasn't KG :( So hopefully this week we end up getting a call or maybe perhaps others get a call so we see that they start to call the ones that got updated... that would be very nice... :)

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
lonely_wife -LOL , i dont leave my phone for a second, it becomes a permanent member of my body now. I am sure praying for them to start calling man. We all need to go home to our spouses as soon as possible.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
jahlove... I agree with you, we want to be reunited soon... phone is glued to my hubby already but I think he glued it a little tighter lol... I hope things get moving quick... I think the days for updates are tuesday and thursday from what I was told... not 100% I know tuesday for sure... but i thought they made calls everyday of the week... maybe perhaps someone can tell us unless you know and can tell me lol