+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

howmuchlonger

Dec 21, 2009
hey everyone, I know alot of you dont know me but there are still a few on here that I went through the process with.
For those of you who do not know me My hubby landed here Sept 5, 2009 ( just over a year ago).
For those of you who do remember me just wanted to give you a an update of what has been happening. Hubby got his licence last week and we also found out that we are having a baby.... Such an exciting time...

I pray everyday for all of you who are going through this process.. I know it is hard being away form you loved ones, but one day this will all be put behind you !!!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Hey ALL!!!!1

HAPPY FREAKIN FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I plan to spend all of this weekend just lazing around and as its raining cats and dogs in Calgary so will hubby. There are even reports of snow in some parts :eek:

Well It has not been a bad week for us here on the little forum a couple of updates. Hopefully next week will be even better.

SHERAIG: Its the first thing I check when I reach home. I just want to get those damn forms and hand them in.

Rosie: I know what you mean. I can truly say I have met a couple real friends on here.

Howmuchlonger: Of course we remember you! Well I do anyways. CONGRATS on the baby! WOw a year went by so fast!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good morning everyone. Forgive me, as time goes by, I will learn the names, for now it's just easier to say "everyone". :p

Congrats to the mom-to-be, and your hubby on getting his license! Life moves on, in the best way possible :)

My hubby is at the University hospital today, a follow up to our visit on Monday. Man, it's been a long day and it just start! Anyways, I got him registered, got all his tests and checks done and sent to the lab for a cross-match, and he should have his treatments soon. Now I just need to figure out how to stop fretting and concentrate on work ::)

Less than 3 weeks to go, and he goes back to Ontario, and he can see his own doctors for a follow-up. I am sad to know he's going, but I still prefer he be where he can see doctors who are familiar with his situation.

I'm getting ready to send off my FBI clearance request, everything should be in place by end of the month. One thing at a time, one step at a time.

Have a great weekend everyone.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey hey hey ladies .... I love Fridays because anytime I listen to a nice song I fall completely in love all over again ... lol

Anyway, next time you feel lonely .... have a listen to this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsyzD7FuHCw

I hope you get to open the link ... oh and pls tell me if you like.

Love love love the Spanish translation to the song and I think the singer is Jammy, my apologies if I am wrong.

In case some of you are wondering what she is saying in Spanish, this is what my brains and knowledge of Spanish translate:

El amor es puro
El amor entiende lo que nadie puede entender
Quiero amarte para siempre
Enséñame como amarte incondicionalmente

Love is pure, love understands when nothing can understand it, I want to love you always, Teach me how to love you unconditionally

( After 1st Verse and Chorus)
No necesito nada ni a nadie si te tengo aquí
Te amo para siempre, te amo eternalmente
Tú me ensenaste como amar y por eso te agradezco
Te amo papi, te amo mi amor

It is not necessary nor to anything if I have you here, I love you always, I love you eternally, You taught me how to love and for this I am thankful to you

(After 2nd verse and Chorus)
No necesito nada ni a nadie si te tengo aquí
Te amo para siempre, te amo eternalmente
Tú me enseñaste como amar y por eso te agradezco
Te amo papi, te amo mi amor para siempre
Be my baby my one and only y te voy a amar incondicionalmente..para siemprete amo mi amor

Nothing is necessary nor to anything if I have you here, I love you always, I love you eternally, You taught me how to love and for this I am grateful to you, I love you papi (baby-male form), I love you my love always, Be my baby my one and only and I am going to love you unconditionally for always I love you my love

Thanks guys!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heyyyy everyone hope you all are doing good. Howmuchlonger big congrats on the baby.
So I am gonna go back to what I think it was Godbless said about this 6-7 weeks as the MP said. So I wonder how true this rings. If so Missing keep counting and see how long it is until they call for pp. We are only closing in on 2 weeks so I am far back. So maybe midde or end of October for us and beginning for you Missing.
This will be interesting to see. And to what truth there is to this being said by the MP.
I just wish they would get a move on, I want vacation and to look for a new job.. ;D
Hope you all have a awesome weekend.

Angella

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
North York ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
:) Hello Room TGIF!!!!!
I too cannot wait until they call for PP as I too am in the Final stretch, meds redone and handed in person August 5 been over a month now and still no call for PP Request. KG is taking their sweet time.

My question is how long does it REALLY take for the meds to return back to KG was told 6-8weeks and then I was told 2weeks, NOT quite Sure on that??/ ??? ??? ??? anyhow EVERYONE have a Blessed WEEKEND hopefully more good News to COME!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Hi Guys , just coming online from a very Sad day at the UWI Hospital,
My Mom's Cancer has Apparently come back with a Vengance, not only has it spread to her Liver, but also to her Stomach Area, Chemotherapy will need to be done. Mom was Definately trying to be strong, but eventually broke down. and yeah I did too.

But I know that ultimately God is the Author and Finisher in all things.
and its not over till he says so.
Just wanted to use this Opportunity, to tell everyone on here to Cherish the time you have with your loved ones, cos although the ones we love are preciously sent from God with Love, there are times when believe it or not we are faced with the reality that they are only lent to us.

Glo: I'm very disappointed to read your post regarding info I shared,on the 15th September 2010 on page 365
2 posts in Particular, 12:30:54pm and 12:38:40pm
the information I shared was in regards to AORS, other people have responded accordingly, if you wish you can go over the posts again, to better understand the message I was trying to put accross, that is really all I have strength to say right now, I actually thought I was on this forum sharing findings and information as everyone else,
but unfortunately it was not taken that way, and came off as mere propaganda to you.

in addition to those posts I copied and pasted the information found on the Jamaican CIC Website
the link also pasted below:
you will find that the information was copied and pasted exactly as it appears on the website. in regards to when its appropriate to contact CIC in Kingston.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/jamaica-jamaique/visas/immigration-section-immigration.aspx?lang=eng

Once again these are not my word's but CIC's and are straight from their website.
in regards to Mp's words, this was in regards to AORS NOT Passport Requests, Hubby never discussed Passport request's with Mp as we are not at that stage in our own application yet, as my post will confirm, I also went as far as pasting the info for when to Contact the visa office, depending on where you are in the application. so that the information I gave would not be generic. this can also be found on the same link above.

I understand your frustration with the process and all, but I think for you to come out and act as though I was spreading propaganda without correctly investigating this was just wrong Glo.

I cannot be held responsible for the way immigration chooses to Process your file or even mine for that matter.

No offense but I Hope the links I posted cleared that up for you.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Godblesswife said:
Hi Guys , just coming online from a very Sad day at the UWI Hospital,
My Mom's Cancer has Apparently come back with a Vengance, not only has it spread to her Liver, but also to her Stomach Area, Chemotherapy will need to be done. Mom was Definately trying to be strong, but eventually broke down. and yeah I did too.
Godbless - how small is this world? I was at UHWI with my husband yesterday too! Very sorry to hear about your mom. It's natural to break down, this is a dreadful disease your family is dealing with, and it is not just your mother it will ravage. It will take a toll on all of you who love and care for her. Keep strong, and keep leaning on your faith, your mom will be stronger for it.

Hubby was released around 3 p.m., he only received one unit of blood, after they made me pay for two. Then they told us to come back next week for the other one, but it will mean paying all the fees and having all the tests done again, which we really can't afford right now. Anyways, he feels better, and he is back in Canada in less than 3 weeks, so we are going to hold on with that.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godbless sorry if misread your post. As you know if someone hasn't read for abit there are many post to read through and SOMETIMES one can confuse things. I wasn't trying to make it out as though you said anything. As for spreading anything, your wrong there. I come on here with no intentions on spoiling anyones fun nor saying this or that. I come here for support from others going through the same thing and advice on the process.
And speaking of AOR we never got one and its been 16 mths and we are the end so I guess what they write should be removed. If you think what I wrote was wrong well thats your opinion and you are intited to it. I don't think I was being "smart" when I wrote that.

In all regards to everyone else wishing you all the best while waiting for your loved ones to arrive. Missing hope they call for the pp soon.

Take care all. As I can see if you write something here someone doesn't like what you said OR you mistakely misread something thats a BIG ISSUE.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
So sorry to hear about your mom Godbless.....

Its crazy how simple things can get misread on here.....thats cause there is no way to detect tone of voice with words. Godbless I dont think Glo meant any harm at all in her post. SO dont take it the wrong way. Its all love on here people.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
CharlieD, Thanks for the kind words
A small world in deed my dear,
we will be there again on wednesday and again in early October.
and everytime you go, you have to pay for all sorts of tests , and they all add up. in Moms case she's doing cat scans often, and they are $20,000 up,
now that she's going to be needing Chemo its between $40,000-$60,000 and this is every 3 weeks. and get this.... she gets a prescription and has to buy the Chemo drugs herself. Great Healthcare System :mad:
but God will do what he must for this situation.
so I know exactly how you feel about the fees.

Glo,
You are right, there is nothing abnormal about someone misreading something, but I think the delivery Method of dealing with these Misunderstandings, can sometimes cause Ill feelings
Hence,
I sent you a Personal Email

on that note thanks for the negatives I'll go cry now.

Angella

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
North York ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
Godbless I know what you are going thru as my uncle is going thru his cancer in his lung and my entire family it has taken a toll on. He is doing well with the treatments, but its a very painful process. Be strong and pray, have strength, its going to be hard, but GOD see's and hear's everything. My thoughts are with you and your mother in this time, as you have to HOLD on and be Strong. Keep positive and pray and be with her on this journey.

For everyone else, have a blessed Weekend and remember, its just a matter of time.

JESUS is ON the CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Thanks to everyone for your Genuine Support and Prayers.

I am known to speak my mind, and at times I can be blunt with the truth,
(my big mouth gets me in trouble for speaking my mind alot. 9 out of 10 times thats all it is, me speaking how I feel about something and nothing more intended)

On a serious note, if anyone feels I have offended them in the process, by all means send me an email and tell me, to get my you know what off the Forum. if you feel thats more appropriate.

but its not my intention to see anyone leave this forum (which has been so helpful to so many people) on my account. Hell no, afterall I came and saw most of you guys here already.

From now on, any Personal issues I have with anyone, I will do the appropriate thing and send a personal email, without having it be an issue for the Forum, by making public comments, and I welcome the same feedback

I Sincerely hope this is the end of that. Since There is nothing to be gained by coming on here and poke Petty and Unnecessary Mischief.
I believe we all have more important things to Concern ourselves with.

Godbless

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
Glogirl68 said:
Godbless sorry if misread your post. As you know if someone hasn't read for abit there are many post to read through and SOMETIMES one can confuse things. I wasn't trying to make it out as though you said anything. As for spreading anything, your wrong there. I come on here with no intentions on spoiling anyones fun nor saying this or that. I come here for support from others going through the same thing and advice on the process.
And speaking of AOR we never got one and its been 16 mths and we are the end so I guess what they write should be removed. If you think what I wrote was wrong well thats your opinion and you are intited to it. I don't think I was being "smart" when I wrote that.

In all regards to everyone else wishing you all the best while waiting for your loved ones to arrive. Missing hope they call for the pp soon.

Take care all. As I can see if you write something here someone doesn't like what you said OR you mistakely misread something thats a BIG ISSUE.
thank glo i hope too soon i cant wait for the day when my hubby will call and leave a message on my voice mail that his coming home ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D hopefully we can both have our husband before Christmas....save the best for last ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Thanks Confused for your Suggestion, However as far as that issue in the past is Concerned, I am doing and saying nothing more.

To anyone else who sees the need to prolong it further, as my previous post stated, I welcome the feedback,
I believe if I'm tough enough to give it, I should also be able to receive it.
So I am not at all Troubled by any Opinions expressed in Cyber Space about me.
This is a Forum, to support each other and share information, not a campaign to be liked, so if I'm disliked for expressing my views,
Then I understand that to be a By-Product of Freedom of Speech.
and will lose no sleep over it.
The beautiful thing is, we dont have to always agree but we are all able to say what it is we think.

That said, I Appreciate all the Comments Good and Bad.
Even if Folks believe we have to resort to name calling thats cool.
(Just remember, The man in the Mirror is the name we choose to call someone else)

Now, I would like to believe, I have dealt with any Issues I May have had with one Individual only on this site. (via email)
Still, let me take this Opportunity to Apologise to anyone else who I may have offended in the Process.

However, Since HATE is a Strong, and Negative Emotion I Personally, will not Harbour any of it,
Regardless of how long it may take some Folks to get back to the Topic of Immigration.

:)

GodBless .