Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Great news!!!!!!! Jammy so excited that you FINALLY heard something............its about freaking time man...
Medical redo is the last step so I agree that it looks like the interview have been waived... so you on the home stretch mommy.........................BLESS UP...... ITS OK TO GET EXCITED BABES!!! THAT IS GREAT NEWS INDEED.......

at the rate of how Kingston moving any bit of update is an update as long as it is in our favor... small update, medium updates, large updates, just bring it on......

Confused I already posted yesterday, but once again my friend, BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Rosie........ I was hoping that they would at least find a way to re-schedule the interview to a earlier time, or what about getting another IO to do it, that was my thoughts yesterday when you email the Minister,...

But you know what babes,.... That IO could have been having a bad yesterday because she sick, and try to find every reason to give hubby a hard time. because she sick, you never know...

later will be greater my dear, as long as you know you and hubby ready for them** that was great getting a response from Ministers office so soon...... apply the pressure yes..............

..................................HAPPY WEDNESDAY........................... WEEK STILL YOUNG.................

Sheraig, Nae-Nae, LCW, Jammy, HF,............big up,........................ Everyone Bless up .

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
GREAT UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;D.............

AND IT'S ONLY WEDNESDAY, IMAGINE WHAT THE REST OF THE WEEK WILL BRING................ ;D ;D ;D.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning Everybody.

Thanks again guys!

Happy Hump Day and its the middle of September and 100 days to Christmas!!!!!!

Missingmyboo: You are next for an update girl. Med redo's coming for you!!!

Rosie: I agree with Glo, better she stayed home sick than to come to work all grouchy. Who knows what could have happened then. Everything happens for a reason.

I am expecting more updates for this week and this month. Come on KG you can do it!

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Morning folks!

Confused and Jammy - I couldn't be happier to hear the wonderful updates you've both received. ;D
JW - once you get those forms...you have 60 days to submit (from the date the letter was written ~ ours took 1 month to arrive!) and my MP said another 6-7 weeks after they have been recv'd, your file should be finalized...PP call... then Visas issued!!! YAAAY!
Someone will be home for Christmas!! :p

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Go Jammmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Confused (though u need fi change u name....nutten nuh suh confusing ya now)

Speak it into being....couples are going to be reunited for this Christmas....

wow...what a gift from Santa ehhh??? ;D ;D

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Guys apparently the immigration officers are being deliberate about not sending out AOR'S, Immigration Officers are meant to Finalise a case by the date specified on the AOR.

And its after this date on the AOR that they will start, replying to queries, not the date on the website, since each case is different.
now since they know they rarely meet that dead line these days, they have not been sending AOR'S as much lately.

Hubby's Mp said that he got it from a good source they are still meant to issue them and update E-cas regularly.
AORS are important he said cos they give you a date specific to your own case to go off, and this will mean you know when to start querying your application.
but there is a backlog in kingston and they are being deliberate in not updating to lessen enquieries.

but I'm thinking how would not updating ecas and customers accordingly leesen enquieries? :eek:

However on the Kingston website it does show that we have the right to query our applications from they fail to provide an AOR IN 8 weeks of Sponsorship being approved.

I'll copy this in my next post.

Godbless

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
godbless - my file was transferred to KG on Jun 28/10 ... it is now Sept 15, so 2 1/2 months later or 11 1/2 weeks since it has been transferrend and no AOR. Ecas does state they started processing the file on Aug 4/10. If that's the case, then assuming they sent an AOR on that date, it would now be 4 weeks later and still no AOR. I sent an email to them 2 days ago simply stating it has been over 8 weeks and my husband has not yet received an AOR. We would like to know the B # and the status of the file if possible. I got a generic response confirming receipt of my email and that it was forwarded to KG and will be answered as soon as possible.

I'll let you know if I get a response.

yes I know many people do not get an AOR and I now feel like I shouldn't have bothered to send the email...but oh well, it's done and I can't take it back

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Getting in Touch with the Immigration Section

When to contact us - Permanent Resident Applicants Please allow the Canadian High Commission time to process your application. Do not contact us prematurely unless:

you have not received an Acknowledgement of Receipt Letter from us within eight (8) weeks from the date that your completed application was forwarded to us;

processing is not completed within the time frame indicated on the Acknowledgement of Receipt Letter;

there is a material change of circumstances which would warrant premature communication with a visa officer. A material change is one that affects timing of processing of an application.

We will respond to the circumstances described as soon as possible by such mode of communication as may be appropriate.
Application Status Queries
Due to restrictions in Canada's Privacy Act, we do not release information from personal files without the express written authorisation of the individual involved. This legislation protects a person's right to privacy when dealing with Canadian government institutions. To receive information from a personal file you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or located in Canada.

Telephone enquiries: We cannot provide case-specific information by telephone as the identity of the caller cannot be satisfactorily established.
Letter, email / courriel or fax enquiries: if the processing of your case is outside our service standards, you can contact us via any of these methods. Please include the application file number and your signature.

e-Client Application Status
Contact Details
24-hour automated telephone information system: (876) 511-3393
E-mail: kingston.immigration @ international.gc.ca
Fax: (876) 511-3480
Mailing Address:
High Commission of Canada
P.O. Box 1500
Kingston 10 Jamaica

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Nae I think thats the mistake we made in thinking, that not everyone gets one.

although that may be true it dont mean they are right to hold that back, if it provides info on how long they are expected to be handling our case.

but like Mp said if you have your own specific date to work off then you dont start worrying till that date's passed. and you have a date to work towards.
it's the not knowing whats going on that makes the bulk of us so nervous about the process.

so yes Nae, you have every right to ask whats up with yours.

Personally I'm going there October if I dont hear nothing from them before then.
8 weeks have passed since Sponsorship Approval for us.

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godbless i am yet to receive that AOR... my application was sent to miss in may, sponsorship approved June. Ecas did not update to ''in process until OCTOBER. Hubby and I went to Kgn and asked about our file in person in december, why have we not received an AOR, we were told it was sent to me. I asked when, the lady at reception told me it was posted to me and she confirmed my address. I asked what is the importance of the AOR, she said that its just to say kgn received my file and just blew it off like it was nothing, though she did give me that B number. So we asked her how come we have not received medical redo, she said we will be contacted shortly because the file is already processed and is on the IO's desk she just needs to send the redo forms. We bought it.

after we contacted our MP that was when kgn started moving things along. Now things have haulted i dont know why, but hubby will be here soon and we will be going to kgn in person.

oh, and did i mention that up until now i still have not received that AOR letter?

Signed:

A very frustrated and angry wife

Jammy u better put fire under dem ass for the meds redo....though they said they posted it, nuh mek a week pass and u nuh check back with them. them tek things for granted too much

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Thats what I was saying anxious. if you leave these people your thing get hold up longer than needs be.

if you know where you are in the process you can apply the relevant pressure under them baxide.

its our lives they are playing with and our Money.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Godbless: That makes so much sense about the AOR and not sending them out. But I think just a little update on ecas or a friggin email now and then can do wonders. Its the waiting and the not knowing that makes the process so damn hard. KG must have some serious backlogs.

Well to tell the truth seeing that my file is in the final stage of processing takes a huge weight of my shoulders. I will not let this process depress me no more. If they want to wait a month to send the redo's then so be it. I can wait. Hubby ain't going nowhere and neither am I. A few more months ain't gonna kill us. Who know maybe that's just the happy in me talking. We'll see how I feel a couple of months down the road :p

Soanxious: Just hang in there you only got one step left then you can put this torturous process behind you. cheer up girl ;D

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Lol @ Jammy.

I know you feel good and rightfully so .

but these Kgn Peeps really think they are smart, with zero updates. lawd a macy pon wi.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Hey everyone

I wanna justa gove a likkle 2 cents ...When we were in 15 months of processing i was pissed off so bad and i think anyone who was around during those times knew me as just crazy mad..

But i wanna remind people about the numetrous emails and use my MP that made my file move along so fast near the end ...

I sent a email exactly 1 months after we submitted our med redos and police checks ....we submitted our docs just 2 weeks shy of 60 days..

2 days later i get this email .....after i tore them a new one!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are responding to your email below.

The medicals for all family members have been completed so we can proceed to the next stage of the proceesing. The case will be finalised as soon as possible.

Regards.

Immigration,

Kingston Jamaica

We got the PP call the next day after that email!! FYAH UNDA DEM BAXSIDE PEOPLE!!

That is the original email...so i say dont worry about emails by all means utilize it...Jammy i would email them in a next week and ask where is your MEDS??

Soanxious...I think you should email them as well ...Or have you ?? but it wont be long now ..It really hurts reading alot of your guys posts cause i was there not so long ago frustrated and in agony because the lack of comminication..Keep going guys it will be over soon!!Thats all i can say ...I know all to well the hurt!! :(

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Yes Lonely it seems they respond well to fyah.
so people who's waited too long...... Put more fyah under them wire