+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Hey guys!! ;D ;D

Mawning...I see you were guys werE busy over the weekend....all a product of stress...KG u see what you doing to my friends!! :'(

Its sad!!!! :'( :'( :'(

Anyhow, Godbless, my mom died of breast cancer and I know all too well the process you are going thru.....I hope the Lord will provide comfort to you and your family during this time!!

Soanxious: I'm here girl...MOnday come quick sah!!

Hey Jammy!!!!

Guys, hold on...dont lose heart.. i pray that all will be well!!

A new week ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!!

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah its MONDAY!

Sheraig monday come quick fi true ino...days are just flying by.

Jammy wassup?

New day, new week... Cant wait to see what this week has in store :D ;D

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Good Morning,

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend,

I just have a question to anyone who may be able to answer............I know a few people here may have gone through this process already, and maybe able to shed some light on this for me..

HF, LCW, Chelly...............When you guys hubby came did you have to wait the full 3 months, 153 days before you applied for their health card...(OHIP)

I think I read on here a while back, it could have been Chelly or LCW that posted, that you could apply for it anytime before eligibility, but would not be able to use it.

Ministry would mail the card out when they are eligible, so he could apply anytime now although he has almost another whole month before he can use it ..........

I am trying to find that info on the ministry of health website and cannot seem to find it,.. maybe i just overlook it ..........please if I misquoted don't hold it against me.... :-*.........

Thank you! any info, really trying to avoid a trip to this crazy office in Scarborough the line is ever so long... to be told what I already know, that he is not eligible...............HF or Missingmyhubby..... maybe you guys did recently.. think we are all in the same time period..

Thanks Guy!

One Love

Everyone Bless up and make it a good week...........

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Come on KG!!!!

Give us something to cheer about today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW WEEK....ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!!

CHEER UP GUYS!!!!! OUR BREAKTHROUGH IS COMING!

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Sheraig................how you doing sweetie, I know you just pass through say you thing and gone... bless

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Hey Anxious: Girl.....u know me ;D ;D

I dont have my PR...YET...BUT I'm blessed and highly favoured!!! I woke up this morning out of a comfy bed, had turkey cheese sandwich for breakfast, shoes on ma feet, clothes on ma back, a job to annoy mi, a love for hubby, baby, family and friends that is reciprocated. I cant complain!! God has been good to me!! So many woke up this morning that dont even have the strength to bax the fly from them mouth!!

Regardless, of my NEEDS right now...I'm more than blessed!!

Thank you Lord for your love for me!!!!

I'm holding on to his promises.....Promises made by God are far different from man-made promises...So tru are they..I know I can start investing in winter gears cause the Lord done promise mi that......

Can I get an AMEN!!!!!!!! :)

Take care guys...Gone again!! ;) :-*

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning me hot head peeps

Soanxious: Girl me deh yah. All me soon ketch you up with the negatives.

Its a new week and I am so optimistic that my lovely postman will drop off my redos. Really hope I won't be disappointed.

Loving that attitude Anxiously......we have so many other blessings in our lives, so much to be thankful for and not because we dont have hubby with us that dont mean we cant enjoy life.

Hope you guys have a great day. Be positive and put a smile on your faces.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
AMEN!!

Good morning everyone. Here's to hoping there's good news for everyone who's already in process, even a small update :)

My husband is much better, that's one of my "Thank God" today. Just over 2 weeks and he's gone, so I am trying to make an effort to make good memories to last us awhile. It was a rough weekend for us, apartment hunting really stressed us both out, until I felt like I couldn't talk to him. So I woke up early this morning, and I went down on my knees and I prayed until I had no more words, just tears. So I am hoping for good things today and this week.

Keep the faith all.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Godblesswife said:
Getting in Touch with the Immigration Section

When to contact us - Permanent Resident Applicants Please allow the Canadian High Commission time to process your application. Do not contact us prematurely unless:

you have not received an Acknowledgement of Receipt Letter from us within eight (8) weeks from the date that your completed application was forwarded to us;

processing is not completed within the time frame indicated on the Acknowledgement of Receipt Letter;

there is a material change of circumstances which would warrant premature communication with a visa officer. A material change is one that affects timing of processing of an application.

We will respond to the circumstances described as soon as possible by such mode of communication as may be appropriate.
Application Status Queries
Due to restrictions in Canada's Privacy Act, we do not release information from personal files without the express written authorisation of the individual involved. This legislation protects a person's right to privacy when dealing with Canadian government institutions. To receive information from a personal file you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or located in Canada.

Telephone enquiries: We cannot provide case-specific information by telephone as the identity of the caller cannot be satisfactorily established.
Letter, email / courriel or fax enquiries: if the processing of your case is outside our service standards, you can contact us via any of these methods. Please include the application file number and your signature.

e-Client Application Status
Contact Details
24-hour automated telephone information system: (876) 511-3393
E-mail: kingston.immigration @ international.gc.ca
Fax: (876) 511-3480
Mailing Address:
High Commission of Canada
P.O. Box 1500
Kingston 10 Jamaica
I am looking for something similar on the Trinidad Canadian Website. Where did you find this link? Does anyone know the link in the Trinidad website. Its too whole months for me in September 23 so if i use this I can then have a legit reason for contacting them...

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Good Morning everyone

LOL SOANXIOUS was it you that said that ...LOL i must have missed it that is pretty good ...HEHEHE ..Pretty funny ...I laughed enough reading that one!! I have adapted that view as well ...Sorry for stealing it ...lol...But i have been posting for over a year now and I almost have just as many Neg than positves ..What did i do haha ..

So anyways just wanna say hi checking to see if the vybz were good and BWOY their looking very nice ..Hopefully this week KG gives some UPDATES for you guys ..

Anyways Anxious ...Yes you can apply for the Health card ...BUt there is only one catch they need a utility bill or bank statement ( or in what chelly did a drivers licence ) but canadian address it has to be ...Yah so long as you have your PR card and PP in hand and all the requird information you can apply...But it wont be valid until that 3 months mark ...You may get the card 1 weeks or 2 before its validilty but you will get it in time ...I say it better to apply roght away as soon as you can so atleast you can have the card in hand when you turn eligable in 3 months time ....It stipulation when people arrive in ontario people from other provinces and neewly landed Immigrants they have to wait 3 months ...From what i was told at the OHIP office ...So apply for it and when they issue the card it will be for exactly 3 months after the day he landed!!

Have a good one everyone ...Hope to read some updates ...Wah gwaan Jammy ...How hubby feeling now ;D

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Thank you LCW....... Info much appreciate, have a bless one!

I have to say that will be my catch phrase too.............

I believe Chantol who said that' But to be Frank, I'm only bothered by negatives if its on my Bank Balance..

you gotta love it' that sh**t was funny....that was the highlight of the morning.. I hope I quote correctly..............

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hi each and everyone of you gentle people... wha gwan! Just a pop back in and saddend to see the quarrelling... we are all big women and big men and god loves us all equally...

Hope everyone is good and strong and healthy and praying for eachother - one of my strongest qualities is to pray for those who trouble me as much as those who love me.

One thing from going through this process that I learned really quickly is that what is posted on the official websites for Kingston Jamaica doesnt always stand true and it has proven itself over and over again in the past.... i'd say at least 75% of us on this forum can complain that something didnt go as per what it says on the website..... so as much as we all love to give advice and more so, give correct advice - we cannot rely on what is written on the official website to be 100% correct and that in every god given case it will be followed to a T..... we would all like it to be that way of course, because it seems quite errorless and seamless.... but in reality... the time lines and the process is a bunch of FALSE ADVERTISMENT in my opinion. My best advice... is to tell YOUR story of what has happened to YOUR file... that way people will get the real story and will hope for the best (what it says on the official website) and prepare for the worst (what many of us have gone through).

Another thing that is really important to know is that we should all realize that we all have most likely done the same research and read the same thing over and over and over again as eachother.... I dont think one person on here is in the "know" more than anyone else! Equality is a something every race, sex, religion and nation has fought for ever........ we all know Equality starts within... and I believe MODESTY is KEY in all factors of life!!

Peace love unity respect...... PLUR.... should be our forum moto!!

Congrats on the baby helpme, Congrats on the great news Confused, Congrats on the move LCW, Congrats to everyone and anybody who has the slightest bit of news, updates, everything!!

Sorry to hear of the sad news Godbless...

and Rosemel................. What the 'blouse n skirt' that man! Sorry for your hardships.... god sure does test eh! Strong women always get the brunt of it... hold tight xoxox

On my end... same old same old.. Hubby also got his G1 and is now going to start attending drivers classes and we are planning to buy a house shortly out of the town to the suburbs. Hubby also started new job as a Welder today now that he finally finished school and got certified here in Canada... no more jobs with agencies and here and there jobs... finally working towards a 'career"......God is good

I really really hope the oldies but goodies get through before X mas this year.... You guys are in my thoughts! I just sit back and think ... imagine my hubby was not here as yet! Sigh....

PLUR!!!!!!!!!!! Bless

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
KC........................ Love it the new motto.........PLUR!!!!!!........ Great! ........................second one today!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Remember when we used to post recipes.... Well, all this fish cake talk totally made me want to share my super yummy and delicious fool proof Salt fish fritters.... or Stamp and Go as hubby calls it!

Ingredients:

6 ounces dried salted cod fish
1 cup flour - I use all purpose
1/2 cup water or chicken stock or veggie stock... I usually just throw in a spoonfull of bouillion
2 green onions / scallion chopped
Hot pepper to your liking
1 large tomato chopped fine
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 green onions chopped
Any additional vegetable you have in the fridge that you need to use it such as celery, cooked peas etc (small handful)

1/2 cup vegetable oil or olive oil (your preference) for frying

Directions:
Break the cod fish into pieces and put it in a pot
Fill with enough water to cover and bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes (trust me you need it salty, if you want to boil for longer to get rid of more salt go for it
Drain and rinse under cool water and once cooled de bone and remove skin
Shred the fish into small pieces and put in a bowl
Add the tomato, green onion, pepper and other veggies to the fish to make sure there is a good amount of veggies and fish and taste

In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder (chicken bouillion if you are not using stock) and pepper and then stir in the cod mixture

Pour in the water little bit at a time and stir until everything is blended - dont work it too much, you may need to add a little more water or stock to make it a little sticky but not runny...

Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a frypan over medium heat
When the oil is hot, drop rounded spoonfulls of batter into the frypan
Fry on each side until golden brown and crisp, about 5-8 minutes per side
Drain on paper towels and serve hot

This will make around 12 big ones... they are stinking delicious...........

This will make everyone happy... promise...