+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Paula_T

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
MixedChick92 said:
I'm assuming now it is mandatory, considering that nearly all new applicants from May & June (not just Kingston) have their PR status to in "In process" a couple days after it's been transferred to their Local VO.

I just think this is CIC'S AOR2. Because Nursewife received a email, I however did not, just that my hubbys status changed to in process, which is technically acknowledgement.

Also there really is no right answer to what they do and how they do it, all we can do is speculate.
true there is no right answer lol even the call centre will often give you two different answers to different people regarding the same question .. Sometimes it's hard not to speculate though :( especially with the long drawn out process .. Which we all can relate to cause it's stressful for us all .. Guess the only way to know more details is through ordering the Caips notes .. It is my understanding though that Kingston does usually send out more passport requests from sept-dec vs June-August so soon time you ladies husbands will receive one :) :)

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
@chucky, they usually get back to me anywhere from 1-5 days

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
They told me in April via email that they received my medicals but didnt update that in eCas until May/June-ish....

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
Paula_T said:
true there is no right answer lol even the call centre will often give you two different answers to different people regarding the same question .. Sometimes it's hard not to speculate though :( especially with the long drawn out process .. Which we all can relate to cause it's stressful for us all .. Guess the only way to know more details is through ordering the Caips notes .. It is my understanding though that Kingston does usually send out more passport requests from sept-dec vs June-August so soon time you ladies husbands will receive one :) :)
I have a good feeling there will be more PP requests within the coming months.
If we all got thru by the end for the year I'd be so happy!

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
shortyp2000 said:
@ chucky, they usually get back to me anywhere from 1-5 days
ok well i email them Tuesday so i guess it early still

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! my application is filled and completed. Hubby supplied his supporting documentation. So here I am with everything across my bed. This in itself is massively confusing me. Its amusing to me that for some one that is considered organized in my profession. I do advocasy work for clients. And here I am cannot get my crap together lol. I am seeking pointers and advise - and any thing is appreciated.

like proof of relationship that is asked in his application to immigrate specifically IMM 5490. should this be enclosed in his package. like my flights, wedding pics.

how should this be organized. Like in three envelopes as someone had suggested! 1. my app and docs
2. his stuff and 3. all the proof of relationship. along with a table of contents.

the date its going in early october, he has to redo his medical certificate, expired in Feb 2015... Long story! But yes we married in Sept 2013 and I had initially planned to get it in the app for spring 2014...but lots of family stuff happened and this had to take a back burner. I am supplying documented evidence of this, in case its questioned why we did not file immediately. All I know he has demonstrated his loyalty, patience and love.

does Mississauga even look at that stuff, like do they focus on my eligibility to sponsor...I know they ask to add notes to show your relationship is genuine and ongoing..I did a chrono of our relationship to date

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
the mrs campbell said:
Hi everyone! my application is filled and completed. Hubby supplied his supporting documentation. So here I am with everything across my bed. This in itself is massively confusing me. Its amusing to me that for some one that is considered organized in my profession. I do advocasy work for clients. And here I am cannot get my crap together lol. I am seeking pointers and advise - and any thing is appreciated.

like proof of relationship that is asked in his application to immigrate specifically IMM 5490. should this be enclosed in his package. like my flights, wedding pics.

how should this be organized. Like in three envelopes as someone had suggested! 1. my app and docs
2. his stuff and 3. all the proof of relationship. along with a table of contents.

the date its going in early october, he has to redo his medical certificate, expired in Feb 2015... Long story! But yes we married in Sept 2013 and I had initially planned to get it in the app for spring 2014...but lots of family stuff happened and this had to take a back burner. I am supplying documented evidence of this, in case its questioned why we did not file immediately. All I know he has demonstrated his loyalty, patience and love.

does Mississauga even look at that stuff, like do they focus on my eligibility to sponsor...I know they ask to add notes to show your relationship is genuine and ongoing..I did a chrono of our relationship to date
Mississauga looks at sponsorship eligibility, so you can send it in now and they will approve u within 60 days, then send ur file to kingston. So if hes doing medical in october you are still ok to apply now. Kingston wont be looking at the file til nov at the earliest. If hes doing medicals at an office that they email the visa office they will ask for the UCI number. U get that after SA I believe

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shortyp2000 said:
Mississauga looks at sponsorship eligibility, so you can send it in now and they will approve u within 60 days, then send ur file to kingston. So if hes doing medical in october you are still ok to apply now. Kingston wont be looking at the file til nov at the earliest. If hes doing medicals at an office that they email the visa office they will ask for the UCI number. U get that after SA I believe
thanks a bunch for this!
he is going to panel approved doctor in Mobay so she would be sending directly to Kingston?? so this UCI number I get after SA I will provide to him. and he would bring to kingston. looking at your timeline it looks like the meds was done months after you submitted your's - is this correct. I tell you I over think/anlyze this is one of the most important things I have ever done, after havings kids, seperating lol and marrying the love of my life. I don't want to mess it up. we've already experienced so much delays. Kick myself when I think if we submitted immediately, he would have been here sigh

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
the mrs campbell said:
thanks a bunch for this!
he is going to panel approved doctor in Mobay so she would be sending directly to Kingston?? so this UCI number I get after SA I will provide to him. and he would bring to kingston. looking at your timeline it looks like the meds was done months after you submitted your's - is this correct. I tell you I over think/anlyze this is one of the most important things I have ever done, after havings kids, seperating lol and marrying the love of my life. I don't want to mess it up. we've already experienced so much delays. Kick myself when I think if we submitted immediately, he would have been here sigh
Trust me. I know what u mean lol. I wish i did this a long time ago!
But yes, if that doctor electronically submits to kingston, (not all do), you give them the UCI (or file number) and they will add it to the top page of the medical and they will send it in. Hubby wont have to go to kingston.
We submitted medical after SA (march). It didnt affect our wait time because they hadnt even looked at our file until may. So do it before they ask for it, for sure.

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shortyp2000 said:
Trust me. I know what u mean lol. I wish i did this a long time ago!
But yes, if that doctor electronically submits to kingston, (not all do), you give them the UCI (or file number) and they will add it to the top page of the medical and they will send it in. Hubby wont have to go to kingston.
We submitted medical after SA (march). It didnt affect our wait time because they hadnt even looked at our file until may. So do it before they ask for it, for sure.
gah! ok. I am going to submit later in this month, and just make a note of submission date and get hubby to go to do medicals later in October. I am anxious to begin the wait, long overdue. awesome..again thanks for taking time to reply to my plea! lol have a great weekend. Gonna be a hotttt one here in toronto. I

shortyp2000

Mar 15, 2015
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2015!!!
the mrs campbell said:
gah! ok. I am going to submit later in this month, and just make a note of submission date and get hubby to go to do medicals later in October. I am anxious to begin the wait, long overdue. awesome..again thanks for taking time to reply to my plea! lol have a great weekend. Gonna be a hotttt one here in toronto. I
No problem :)
I hope it stays hot in Toronto! I live close to Toronto and will be flying home Monday. I want to keep the nice weather :)

MixedChick92

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-24-2015
File Transfer...
05-28-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-16-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2016
LANDED..........
07-13-2016
the mrs campbell said:
Hey Hon if your going to submit later this month, you might as well just wait until hubby does his medicals in early October. Personally I think it's just easier, send everything together at once, Less stress and peace of mind.. at least for me, everyone's different.
Shorty way is correct too though, cause you'll have more time on your medical before it exps, but generally Kingston will extend medicals if medicals are close to expiry,you just have to email them, anyway just my thought either way is no wrong way :)

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MixedChick92 said:
Hey Hon if your going to submit later this month, you might as well just wait until hubby does his medicals in early October. Personally I think it's just easier, send everything together at once, Less stress and peace of mind.. at least for me, everyone's different.
Shorty way is correct too though, cause you'll have more time on your medical before it exps, but generally Kingston will extend medicals if medicals are close to expiry,you just have to email them, anyway just my thought either way is no wrong way :)
I talked to hubby and we both agreed that we will get him to do the medical first and send it all together...plus I realized he has to sign something and I am waiting for it - three weeks or so for mail. I m LOOKING AT PACKAGE IT SEEMS SO THIN.. :eek:

Sara8513

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18th 2015
Doc's Request.
Additional proof of relationship requested at interview
AOR Received.
March 28th 2015
File Transfer...
May 20th 2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
March 15th 2015
Interview........
December 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
January 27th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
February 12th 2016
LANDED..........
March 16th 2016
the mrs campbell said:
I talked to hubby and we both agreed that we will get him to do the medical first and send it all together...plus I realized he has to sign something and I am waiting for it - three weeks or so for mail. I m LOOKING AT PACKAGE IT SEEMS SO THIN.. :eek:
Maybe he can scan the document he has to send you to email and have you print it? We did that for a couple of things.. it's such an overhelming process to get everything together and file. It took me 8 months. Kudos to anyone who got it together quickly! I would sit down to work on it and just be in tears. They say it's straight forward, but it's not. Once it's sent it feels like 1000 pounds is lifted off your shoulders..

Good luck with your package! Sounds like you are pretty much finished!

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paula_T said:
i also topped up online for my husband as the international mins with digicel are so much cheaper ...I included a copy of the history from digicel .. As for him getting phone records from digicel we weren't successful getting them from digicel but we did include a explanation letter in our application explaining that even though I'm sure immigration knows already the phone records can't be easily obtained .. I have a Fido phone and I was able to email my text records and whatsapp history.. I didn't include so many pictures from our wedding but I did have a lot of pics from other times that I included ..with pics it's the quality not quantity .. I did use tabs and dividers and organized my application very well and yes that makes it easier for the VO to get to the info they need vs having to sort through hunderds of pages to look for it all .. I had 5 envelops all put in a small box from canada post and sent it in that way .. I labelled the envelopes 1. Sponsors forms and supporting documents .2.husbands PR application and supporting documents and then envelope 3 and 4 were of evidence to support our relationship and the last envelope was photos ... I did include a significant amount of stuff as my husband was in canada for a couple years before we were married and filed so we had a lot of assests owned together . I was told that my app would be "put on the back burner " and I sent in way to much stuff but that wasn't the case we got PPR 6 months after Kingston received our application .. The more your able to document your relationship the better because it gives them sufficient evidence to see your relationship is true, genuine and ongoing .. Mind you it has to be organized if you just send it in all unorganized and a box full of paper then I would think it could delay the process just because of the time they will spend sorting through it all to find what they need ... Also something that's also good to include which a family friend who practices immigration law advised me to do is write a statement from you explaining and detailing your relationship from the first meeting and how it progressed...I was detailed in mine and even included the first time we were intimate just didn't go into details about of course lol ... My husband and I both compared ours before sending them in Just to make sure he had all the dates correct so that he wasn't saying a completely different date then I was as that could cause suspicion and require a interview ... My sponsorship application was straight forward and I did not include a OPTION C printout because my taxes weren't done at the time yet. It I explained it in a note and it wasn't a problem I still got approved...I would sugguest you do medicals and police checks and pay the right to pernmanent resident fee at the time u send your application to Mississauga . This will decrease your wait by a significant amount because everytime Kingston has to ask for something then another 2-4 months is added to your process because when you send in the requested info it will be placed in another processing quere to wait for review ... Just be honest that's the most important thing !! Me and my husband argue sometimes like most normal couples and especially with the whole immigration process it's stressful and doesn't help and I did also include in our detailed account of our relationship the few arguments we had and I didn't try to make it sound like everything was 100% perfect .. You can also include some letters from family / friends that are aware of your relationship and know it is true genuine and ongoing .. My husband had a JP notorize his but mine weren't and you don't have to do that ... I also included a receipt from a rental car company from a while back when I rented a vehicle but his number was on there as the contact number ... Also on your husbands forms I believe the question is "describe how your relation progressed after your first meeting with your sponsor" i had my husband answer that question very detailed ... Some of the questions on his forms tell you to use a additional page if there isn't enough space .. Usually those questions you should try to answer as detailed as possible.. The amount you include would obviously have a lot to do with the amount of time you have been in a relationship and the amount of time you spent together .. Cause obviously a year long relationship wouldn't have as much to detail as a 5 year relationship ... As long as your honest and don't sugar coat everything and have faith you will be alright !!
thanks again disagree bout the its the quantity not quality. IMO..but yah I am completed. I appreciate every tip from you all. And look forward to respectfully continuing this journey with you all. :)