02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
hey all...

sorry i've been MIA for a while... in the process of moving and busy as crap... all my stuff has been in storage in somewhat random places while we were in Jamaica so we've had to collect it and bring it all to the new house... we're loving it... got the tvs hooked up yesterday.... YAY! we have 2 family rooms, so the kids get one tv (the big old 36" panasonic tau which still shows a nice picture but is a beast and too heavy to be moving up and down stairs lol) and i get my flat screen sony (hehehe) and the hubby gets my daughters little old tv until we get another flat screen for the bedroom.. we can all coexist in peace lol... not that i plan on us watching tv a ton, but when we do there won't be any fights :)

someone had mentioned that jamaican visitor visas were being limited... not sure if that's true... i know that the US was tightening their belt and cancelling visa and all sorts of nonsense, but that was in response to Jamaica's refusal to hand over dudas back back since last year.... i suspect all that might be sorted out now, but i'm not sure if Canada was following suit...

what i did hear from a friend who works in a govern't agency that deals with immigration on a day to day basis is that there have been an increase of fraud out of the Jamaican office and they are going to scruitnize(sp?) things more moving forward and make it harder... but at the same time it does seem like some people are getting thru even more quickly than others in recent times... maybe there's a "tiered" schedule... some applications are fast-tracked, while others are screened with more intensity than previous, making the process easier for some and much harter for others (while ultimately not impacting their timelines/benchmarks..)... that's the only thing i can think.... also maybe the incresed screening is only for visitor visas?

ah well it's a shame that some people are fighting for years while others are getting thru more quickly.. our getting thru early has actually made things tight for us financially since we had budgeted for us to stay in jamaica until august... having months of higher canadian bills means there's more pressure for hubby to find a (good) job... which is hard on him... (anyone have any leads in etobicoke/sauga/bramton/west toronto or nearby??? lol)... i'm off work until september and am hoping to not have to go back sooner because the baby has the stomach condition (he's still exclusively nursed... they're begging for me to come back, but i'm worried on starting him on solids and things going downhill for him... hes' so big and healthy now :) )

ah well, that's life, we are handling it as well as we can... but speaking of the baby, he's climbing on me, so i should go feed him... have a great day all and welcome back nae!

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome back Nae! :) You were missed. How was your trip? The hardest part is always leaving for sure, but I'm sure you had a blast with hubby!! Don't worry, he will be here before you know it.

I am just thanking God for another day, because another day means more blessings from the Lord! AMEN!

For everyone, who has been waiting a long time, God is the master of all things. Trust that he will work out your situation, he surely will!

Miracle, HF, Realy, Anxious, LCW, chelley, jam, kmc, missing, Kimore, Glo....and everyone I didn't mention..........Blessings, and keep the faith! :D

Be Blessed!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
where is everyone today?

thanks chelley, glo, VW for welcoming me back

chelley - congrats on the new digs! sounds like heaven .... no fighting over tv's lol

VW - my trip was wonderful! 2 weeks with hubby and I definitely didn't want to leave him!!!

Great! KG is going to scrutinize and make it harder just when my application is sent to them...go figure! I am hoping and praying that we will get through sooner than later.

I have a question ..... AOR letter? is that the letter you get after the file is received in KG?

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Hello Everyone,

I sent an email to KGN last nite, since it has passed the 6month mark as indication on the AOR letter to hubby, we just wanted to find out what is the status of our application.

I got a response this afternoon that the file is in process and with the case officer for review. Very generic email, but getting a response felt good at least for the moment. What do you guys think about this response?

Hello VW, HF. Welcome back Nae, i hope you had a great time with hubby.

In all things give thanks and right now i am just doing that.

God Bless everyone.

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Nae- The AOR letter is what your hubby will receive from KG, just letting him know that they have the paperwork and that it will take an average of 6 months, I believe that's what it says...you have received you approval letter!!!! One step closer! God is Good! :)

Kimore- I would say that is a great response from KG, that doesn't sound too generic to me. That's great news, just keep praying, God will move on your behalf.

I hope everyone is enjoying the heat! ;D

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
hey Kimore! thanks for welcoming me back. I think it's good news that they at least responded.

thanks VW! I'll tell hubby him to start checking the post office in a few weeks time.

You call this heat? lol just kidding! God it was so damn hot in JA the last 2 weeks and all the rain made it more humid. Hubby and I both got head colds from the air conditioning in the room lol I had to have it on or I would die lol

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
Good afternoon room

God is good

@ Hf congrats u must be so happy ;D
cant wait for my day

@ virtuous so its just me and you on the recent documents and fees..Goodluck and God bless..btw what is your timeline?

Wishing every one else a blessed day

:)

@ canuck how are things with you ?any updates?

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
hey kmc, nothing new on our front, appears we have one of the slower IO's. 6 months is up mid sept so waiting til then to follow up with them

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning forum family, another beautiful day in the west. Hope all is well and Maple you get some positive news soon. We all have good vibes for you.

My parents recently retired. Mom always wanted to learn to play the piano, so dad bought her a piano for her birthday. A few weeks later, I asked how she was doing with it. "Oh, we returned the piano." said My Dad, "I persuaded her to switch to a clarinet instead."

"How come?" I asked. "Because," he answered, "with a clarinet, she can't sing."

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey everyone,

I was MIA for a while now due to being taken up with my partner visiting for 2 weeks. Been messaging in and out on other posts.

Big ups to all of you who have heard some great news during my absence.

I hope everyone is doing great and things are indeed moving surely with all dem apps.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
OK, so when you are submitting pictures to immigration of things you have done together do they have to be a picture with both of you in it at the same time?

For example, lets say we went on a road trip by ourselves and couldn't really take a picture of us together but instead I took one of him and he the same for me with the same or similar background, does that count and can be included to show proof of something we have done together?

I am somewhat confused here.

Any help?

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Greetings everyone!!! VW, Nae (welcome back!), KMC, Miracle, Chelley, Realyst, Glo, Rosie, Anxiously, So Anxious and anyone I may have missed!!! I pray everyone's week is blessed! 'He (God) who has done a good work is ABLE to bring it to completion!'

These past few days have been a dream come true. It's taking me a bit of time to realize he's not he on a "visit" but to live and be here, which is truly wonderful. No moer countdowns, no more timed phone calls, no more "credit soon done". What an amazing day that will be when everyone is able to experience this same feeling.

Ladies, let me tell you, every hardship you ensure right now through this immigration process, every delay, every "automated message" from KG is WORTH IT, when it's it's all over and you are arm in arm and face to face with your husband. God truly is good! Amen!

ECAS updated for the last time June 30th - Landed in Canada ;D

Be blessed & Stay blessed!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
welcome back confused! as for your pics, I would send the individual ones too, I'd send everything and anything you have. Let them decide whether or not they are useful

aww HF....I'm sooooooo happy for you! sounds wonderful and I can't wait to be in your shoes! congrats!

M.A.L

Jul 6, 2010
Hello everyone,

PLEASE HELP!......I'm sponsoring my husband and my patience is wearing thin.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to receive correspondence (mail or e-mail) or a phone call regarding your application status?

I've been checking this daily online and the only information provided is "IN PROCESS"......Is there any way to find out what stage of "IN PROCESS" we're in?

Also, is it true that if you inquiry about your status that it can be held back in queue?

By the way, the application started getting processed on January 25, 2010, my husband has no children, and has never been married before.

Thanks in advance,
M.A.L

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
Evening room

God is good

Question......for those that have gotten thru and are stil laround...
How ling after the acknowledment of prpf fees should i expect to hear something?

I heard it is at least 6 months ,but in this forum we all see and have been thru different things and timelines!!