+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
chickie72 said:
on the first page third line it should say updated date: that is the last time someone went into your file and if it is a newer date then last time then check through your entire notes for a date that is the same as that and you will be able to tell what they did. What i do each time I get a set (every month lol) I highlight all things that are different then the last ones and that tells me what they are doing> hope that helps....if you have anymore questions just ask away
Thanks Chickie!!! this is really helpful!!! As soon as you get your notes do you order them again right away? I think I might just order them every month too :)

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Twoheartsonelove said:
Hello Samll1...I am fairly new to the forum. Very true what you are saying. We need to be their solid rock and make them feel like a man still. They are on our turf with us being in control but they still need to feel control themselves.

I see that your stats say that the visa was issued 10-10-13. Has your spouse landed? Did I miss your landing story?
My hubby landed on Dec 18th, but I was very busy on the Christmas break and my hubby nand I were also having adjustment issues so I just needed some time for myself. No matter what I couldn't focuss, but now I'm good. I guess I needed to goneeded to go back to work.

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Open question to everyone, does your hubby/ wife have children? are they also being sponsored? Are they coming now or later?... How/ have you prepared to be a step or blended ( if u have children)family?

- I have a child and so does he... We have spoken about the bitter/ sweet about him leaving, however we think about it as doing something for the future ( namely : opportunity, financially, building the marriage)... We plan to make sure he is good and settled before we send for her. They have a very close bond, so we have taken the time over the years to mention the idea of him moving to her, so that it won't hit all at once.
- I am pretty familiar with blended families (line of work) and have done a lot of reading on the subject...
- Also once he is here we will have family time, but couples time ( no kids) :p

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
chickie72 said:
on the first page third line it should say updated date: that is the last time someone went into your file and if it is a newer date then last time then check through your entire notes for a date that is the same as that and you will be able to tell what they did. What i do each time I get a set (every month lol) I highlight all things that are different then the last ones and that tells me what they are doing> hope that helps....if you have anymore questions just ask away
Does the 'Application Status Reason' Also mean anything? Mine says in Progress but is that a default for everyone?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Zoey80 said:
Thanks Chickie!!! this is really helpful!!! As soon as you get your notes do you order them again right away? I think I might just order them every month too :)
Usually if nothing is in my notes then I will order again right away but if something is in them like something with a bring forward date then I try to order then around that time to see what else is new.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Zoey80 said:
Does the 'Application Status Reason' Also mean anything? Mine says in Progress but is that a default for everyone?
yes that is a default thing....on the second page under assessments it should say paper file:Kingston/Paper file # B*********/Location: this is where your file is located and as it goes from officer to officer this will change but it is usually two letters then 5 numbers and that is the officers # Also under assessments you will see Eligibility: this will say in process or passed or nothing if nothing is being worked on and so on for each Eligibility/Security/Criminality/Medical.

PS not everyone has things in their notes though......i was lucky that my officers keeps hers updated some like Nev's never updated much of anything.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
chickie72 said:
Usually if nothing is in my notes then I will order again right away but if something is in them like something with a bring forward date then I try to order then around that time to see what else is new.
Goodnight chickie, may I ask what's a bring foward or what's the bring foward date. And since I didn't oder the notes last time I message kingston about my hubby medical being expired and police certificate, they say they are waiting to send a medical issuance and other documentation may require. Do you know if they will send a letter telling him to redo it,( since I dnt know if they extended it or not). And I didn't add his email, doing it tomorrow. Will they even use the email or still use the mailing system?

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
Jamnic said:
All,
I am really touch by everyone that reached out to me. It truly put a smile on my face reading all the encouraging words you each had to say. My friends truly dont understand what am going thru. All i know is that i had high expectations on how he was going to feel. I dont think he prepared mentally for this n it hit him hard. I've tried to explain to him that i can understand because I too come from a different country n adjusting was not easy. The only difference is that he has a child he left behind n i dont have any. At this point I am just going to keep being myself And try a bit harder to make him feel the man he is. It doesnt make him weak the fact that he broke down n cry, what I see is that he is a great father and if God ever granted me the opportunity to b a mother I would be proud to have a child with this man.

One thing that I forgot during this process is the fact he has a child. I kept thinking n planning my life with him not knowing it was going to affect him that much. We are thinking of buying his son a mini ipad so he can skype every night. I told him if he wants to sponsor him we can do that next year. Everyone comes to Canada for a reason n thats to have a better future for your family.

Sometimes we 'woman' think we know everything n believe everything is a bed of roses because we are so wrapped up crazy in love with these man not realizing that everything could come crashing down on us n make us feel so weak n lost. I do think that only those relationships that make it in the end are a real true love story.

Even though he says he loves me and he is here with me i question everyday if he truly wants to b here. Well Good night! I will b back to keep u updated if theres any progress on my situation.

Ninirae- u made me laugh with the popcorn story!!!
Everything will be ok. He has to adjust and you also have to adjust with him being in the home. I really understand what your going through. Remember have faith and trust in our father. Our husbands lives changed so fast in just a bink of an eye so we have to just take it one day at a time.

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
samll1 said:
Everything will be ok. He has to adjust and you also have to adjust with him being in the home. I really understand what your going through. Remember have faith and trust in our father. Our husbands lives changed so fast in just a bink of an eye so we have to just take it one day at a time.
Sorry blink. Jamnic try your best not to lose yourself in all of this please stay focuss. Because when our husbands are lost we seem to feel out of place as well. our husbands are our leader and when he can't lead we don't know what to do. We have to lead now, but don't make him feel less of a man.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
CanJam said:
Open question to everyone, does your hubby/ wife have children? are they also being sponsored? Are they coming now or later?... How/ have you prepared to be a step or blended ( if u have children)family?

- I have a child and so does he... We have spoken about the bitter/ sweet about him leaving, however we think about it as doing something for the future ( namely : opportunity, financially, building the marriage)... We plan to make sure he is good and settled before we send for her. They have a very close bond, so we have taken the time over the years to mention the idea of him moving to her, so that it won't hit all at once.
- I am pretty familiar with blended families (line of work) and have done a lot of reading on the subject...
My hubby is bringing his two youngest children with him..not young really they are 15 and 11 (he has a 20 and 22 year old also) but we decided to bring them up now rather then later. We figured if we had to medical them anyways then might as well bring them now then have to do it all over again a year from now and I am glad we did it now since it has taken so long for ours to go through. I have two daughters myself that are 17 and 22 so it will be a well blended family of ages. it definitely will be different for us as we are used to it just being the two of us and we could take off and do whatever we wanted to but that will all have to change now that we have children coming into our litte bubble hehehe I honestly can tell you that i have mixed feelings on the whole issue......not bad feelings but I am excited and scared at the same time because I know this will be such a different life then what they are used to and at the age where their emotions and hormones are running wild this may turn out to be a big hill to climb for all of us. I am one who definitely thinks that communication is key to everything (you know i love to chat) so I think we will make it all work out in the end. ;D

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
CanJam said:

Hi CanJam,
My hubby has one son of his own, and I am pregnant but I have no other children of my own.
My husband has always been the primary caregiver for his son. His son lives with him, and the mother is in and out of his life(mostly out). There was never a question for us about whether we would bring him or not. We applied for his son the same time hubby applied. The hardest part was not knowing whether the bio mom would sign the papers saying he could come(and also contacting her as she is not necessarily a stable person). However, she did sign all the documents and signed over legal rights to her son so that we could apply for him, and when he gets here so that there would be no legal issues. We will probably have to do some legal stuff here once they are settled because I would like to adopt him one day. I am thankful that his mom cooperated because it could have made it a lot more difficult for us, but I believe she sees the opportunities that he will have coming to Canada, and being with his dad. I get worried a lot that he will have trouble adjusting, and that I will also have trouble adjusting to parenting a 9 year old, but I believe that children are extremely resilient and we will make it through. He is such a good boy and he loves his daddy like nothing else. Plus he kinda likes me too ;) He is excited about coming to Canada, he asks about when will it be time, he asks about school here, and we showed him pictures of his room here. I find it hard to balance between making him want to come(ex: showing pictures of the cool room i painted and decorated and bought toys just for him) and not wanting to get his hopes up because this is a long wait, and truly you never know what can happen. Anyways, that was a long story! haha

Zoey80

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
chickie72 said:
yes that is a default thing....on the second page under assessments it should say paper file:Kingston/Paper file # B*********/Location: this is where your file is located and as it goes from officer to officer this will change but it is usually two letters then 5 numbers and that is the officers # Also under assessments you will see Eligibility: this will say in process or passed or nothing if nothing is being worked on and so on for each Eligibility/Security/Criminality/Medical.

PS not everyone has things in their notes though......i was lucky that my officers keeps hers updated some like Nev's never updated much of anything.
Thanks Chickie! all those categories are blank for me :(((((
i hope my file is being worked on and its just not being updated.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Goodnight chickie, may I ask what's a bring foward or what's the bring foward date. And since I didn't oder the notes last time I message kingston about my hubby medical being expired and police certificate, they say they are waiting to send a medical issuance and other documentation may require. Do you know if they will send a letter telling him to redo it,( since I dnt know if they extended it or not). And I didn't add his email, doing it tomorrow. Will they even use the email or still use the mailing system?
oh gosh that is a hard question to answer and I will tell you based on my experience. When hubby left here he didn't have a Jamaica phone # so we gave his brothers to reach him but when he got his number I emailed and faxed it to Kingston so they would have it. When they called him for the RPRF fee they called his brothers # even though I had changed it months earlier so basically I would say no they wouldn't email me because I don't think they actually look back on the file for changes. I changed my address over a year ago and to this day my notes still have my old address. I can't really answer whether they will call him or send a letter as in December COG got a phone call and then they emailed him the request for the medicals. I am also not sure if you have to take any forms in with you or not, someone that has had to do this like maybe COG can help you with that answer sorry.
The Bring forward date is when they request documents from you....like say they ask for your medical redo tomorrow they will give you 60 days to get it into Kingston so they will put a bring forward date of March 17th on your file. One thing that I have noticed with Kingston is that even if you take those medicals in two days from now, they won't look at your file again until around March 17th. they move onto other files in the meantime and i believe this is why their processing time is so long. I said in a message last night that I think an automatic notice is sent to them on March 17th saying they have to go back to your file and they will when they have a chance to again (of course they won't put down the file they are currently working on just to go back to yours! :) ) Alot of times the officer that works on your file will realize like in your case that you need a medical redo and police certificate then they send it to another officer that looks after issuances of documents and you sit in another pile until that person gets to you. That is why with my notes I could tell it went from one officer to another then back and then to another and so on. Hope that helps!

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
chickie72 said:
My hubby is bringing his two youngest children with him..not young really they are 15 and 11 (he has a 20 and 22 year old also) but we decided to bring them up now rather then later. We figured if we had to medical them anyways then might as well bring them now then have to do it all over again a year from now and I am glad we did it now since it has taken so long for ours to go through. I have two daughters myself that are 17 and 22 so it will be a well blended family of ages. it definitely will be different for us as we are used to it just being the two of us and we could take off and do whatever we wanted to but that will all have to change now that we have children coming into our litte bubble hehehe I honestly can tell you that i have mixed feelings on the whole issue......not bad feelings but I am excited and scared at the same time because I know this will be such a different life then what they are used to and at the age where their emotions and hormones are running wild this may turn out to be a big hill to climb for all of us. I am one who definitely thinks that communication is key to everything (you know i love to chat) so I think we will make it all work out in the end. ;D
At least you have experience dealing with pre-teens/teenagers!! You will need it :D I am sure you will be a great step mommy to them when they are here. You seem like an extremely patient and level headed person!! Good luck to you all with the adjustment!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Zoey80 said:
Thanks Chickie! all those categories are blank for me :(((((
i hope my file is being worked on and its just not being updated.
well hopefully does the second page tell you where your file is located at all?