lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
chickie72 said:
oh gosh that is a hard question to answer and I will tell you based on my experience. When hubby left here he didn't have a Jamaica phone # so we gave his brothers to reach him but when he got his number I emailed and faxed it to Kingston so they would have it. When they called him for the RPRF fee they called his brothers # even though I had changed it months earlier so basically I would say no they wouldn't email me because I don't think they actually look back on the file for changes. I changed my address over a year ago and to this day my notes still have my old address. I can't really answer whether they will call him or send a letter as in December COG got a phone call and then they emailed him the request for the medicals. I am also not sure if you have to take any forms in with you or not, someone that has had to do this like maybe COG can help you with that answer sorry.
The Bring forward date is when they request documents from you....like say they ask for your medical redo tomorrow they will give you 60 days to get it into Kingston so they will put a bring forward date of March 17th on your file. One thing that I have noticed with Kingston is that even if you take those medicals in two days from now, they won't look at your file again until around March 17th. they move onto other files in the meantime and i believe this is why their processing time is so long. I said in a message last night that I think an automatic notice is sent to them on March 17th saying they have to go back to your file and they will when they have a chance to again (of course they won't put down the file they are currently working on just to go back to yours! :) ) Alot of times the officer that works on your file will realize like in your case that you need a medical redo and police certificate then they send it to another officer that looks after issuances of documents and you sit in another pile until that person gets to you. That is why with my notes I could tell it went from one officer to another then back and then to another and so on. Hope that helps!
Ok well this makes sense. Thank you chickie

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
longdistanceloves said:
At least you have experience dealing with pre-teens/teenagers!! You will need it :D I am sure you will be a great step mommy to them when they are here. You seem like an extremely patient and level headed person!! Good luck to you all with the adjustment!
lol i hope so!!!! The first time I met his son we went to a store and I asked him if he wanted a drink and he yes please "rum", I said "pardon me" he said "rum mi drink" LMAO i just about fell over......I said "i don't think so buddy you get a bag juice" Thank you for the good luck wishes...i think i will need them (and some of that rum hahaha-for myself of course!)

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Ok well this makes sense. Thank you chickie
I would still email them and fax over his email address and just hope and pray they will read it and update the file....that is all I can say but if they can't email him then they will send it by regular mail anything that they need from him so tell hubby to make sure he checks the mail every now and again.

samll1

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
File Transfer...
28-09-2012
Med's Request
21-08- 2012
Med's Done....
14-08- 2012
Interview........
none thank u lord
Passport Req..
16-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
I didn't give a landing sorry, because it was so hard for my hubby to leave his family. Anyways I picked my boo up from the airport and we came straight home. My hubby was so tired that he fell asleep in the couch with his winter hat and jacket. He said that he didn't slept in days. My hubby was trying to finish up some work on two of his sisters house before he came so he was working night and day. I booked his ticket for the Dec 18th so he had no choice but to pack and get on the plane. We were home together for the whole 2 weeks of the winter break. It was hard for those 2 weeks for him. I just didn't think that I had to adjust because its my home , my country, and everything, but when I started thinking Irealize that I do have to adjust and that I also need to accept my hubby to do things for me,because I'm use to doing things for myself. Once I understood what he was going through everything started geting better. My hubby is doing great, he has two jobs one with an agency and I just got him in with the construction union this week so I am so happy for him. Him working and being to have his own dollars is also helping him adjust, because man doesn't want their own money. So we are taking it on day at a time. I believe in God and I have trust in him so I know that everything is going to be ok.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
chickie72 said:
I would still email them and fax over his email address and just hope and pray they will read it and update the file....that is all I can say but if they can't email him then they will send it by regular mail anything that they need from him so tell hubby to make sure he checks the mail every now and again.
Thanks again.. I did tell him and everyday this guy goes to the mailbox..lol

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
samll1 said:
I didn't give a landing sorry, because it was so hard for my hubby to leave his family. Anyways I picked my boo up from the airport and we came straight home. My hubby was so tired that he fell asleep in the couch with his winter hat and jacket. He said that he didn't slept in days. My hubby was trying to finish up some work on two of his sisters house before he came so he was working night and day. I booked his ticket for the Dec 18th so he had no choice but to pack and get on the plane. We were home together for the whole 2 weeks of the winter break. It was hard for those 2 weeks for him. I just didn't think that I had to adjust because its my home , my country, and everything, but when I started thinking Irealize that I do have to adjust and that I also need to accept my hubby to do things for me,because I'm use to doing things for myself. Once I understood what he was going through everything started geting better. My hubby is doing great, he has two jobs one with an agency and I just got him in with the construction union this week so I am so happy for him. Him working and being to have his own dollars is also helping him adjust, because man doesn't want their own money. So we are taking it on day at a time. I believe in God and I have trust in him so I know that everything is going to be ok.
awwwww thank you for the landing story.....glad to hear that hubby is adjusting now. I think it comes hard for them to have to have their wives look after them when they are the ones so used to looking after their wives and to them that is the man's duty. I am glad people are coming on here and speaking of their adjustments and feelings so others get a chance to think about what happens when they actually do come. Thank you again and good luck to your both!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Thanks again.. I did tell him and everyday this guy goes to the mailbox..lol
lmao my hubby does the same! Just in case he says you never know!

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
samll1 said:
Very nice... Love reading landing stories. Its nice that he's adjusting and found jobs already. Atleast he has his head on his body. Very determine. Wishing you guys good luck. Continue to do your best for you and the hubby

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
chickie72 said:
lmao my hubby does the same! Just in case he says you never know!
Lol but I dnt think he needs to go everyday though.. Smh.. But my only concer is what if he doesn't get the mail..( Some parts of kinston mailing system is very slack) its not like canada you know you get mail everyday.. So I'm just worried about that part

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
lovindahubby said:
Lol but I dnt think he needs to go everyday though.. Smh.. But my only concer is what if he doesn't get the mail..( Some parts of kinston mailing system is very slack) its not like canada you know you get mail everyday.. So I'm just worried about that part
when they sent us our ARC request it came thru mail and it took two weeks for him to get it

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Good morning and happy Friday Jam Fam! :D

KINGSTON.WAKE.UP.!!!!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Zoey80 said:
The location of my file is Kingston :)
What does it say in this part: on the second page under assessments it should say paper file:Kingston/Paper file # B*********/Location: this is where your file is located and as it goes from officer to officer this will change but it is usually two letters then 5 numbers and that is the officers #

is there an officers two letters and #'s?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.