07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
tamarindball said:
Happy New Year everyone. I am just checking in as usual. I so much wanted to read Nev's landing story. Awesome. Tons of congrats. So very happy for you and hubby as I shared several months of your process. Thank God it's all behind you now and hubby is where he belongs. Just want to wish you all the best. It was truly an emotional read as I know how hard it must be for his family but hey that's what marriage is about. Surely he will keep in touch and visit from time to time. No doubt he has already started to embrace a totally new life, not to mention weather!!! Whew!! What a winter it has been! Anyway congrats to Kadi and anyone else who has had good news. I also wish those who have been waiting for a long time such as Chickie to know that this is their moment. Expect God's goodness to manifest any minute now. I can feel a celebration coming on very soon. You all deserve it but just know this is a necessary process and throughout it all, no matter the experience, there are lessons that will always be useful. Just hang in there. Like everyone else, your day will come. The enemy wants you to be frustrated but know that God is more powerful and you will all receive the good news you all so deserved. Very best wishes to you all and continue to be blessed.
Thank you Tamarind....so nice to see you back and thank you for the blessings. HOpe 2014 is a great year for you and hubby also!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
frankfield said:
I would give up my good looks and charm to be here right now...
http://d330r5vogfki8k.cloudfront.net/_data/images/regionsresorts/jamaica_10.jpg?V=20140112054748&maxwidth=639
I soooooo hear you on that one.....sun, sand and relaxation! ahhhhhhh, and don't forget the pretty drink in your hand!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Morning everyone....you were all too quiet this weekend. Come on and make some noise up in here so Kingston can hear our pleas!

SEND US OUR SPOUSES! SEND US OUR SPOUSES! COME ON KINGSTON! GIVE US GOOD NEWS THIS WEEK!

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
GOOD MORNING!!

Hope everyone had a nice relaxing weekend!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOO ready to hear something from Kingston!!!!!!! I am going at the end of February to JA, so call my hubby before then Please!

I hope someone on the forum hears some good news this week!!! woohooooo Kingston, get a move on!

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
chickie72 said:
I soooooo hear you on that one.....sun, sand and relaxation! ahhhhhhh, and don't forget the pretty drink in your hand!
I am definitely with you ladies, on this beach, with a drink(non alcoholic of course ;) )

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Good morning!!

Kingston.....send our spouses home. That is all. Carry on

:)

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Good morning everyone. :D

Good morning Kingston! I'm here on the edge of my seat waiting to hear some good news from the forum family. I've still got a looooooooooong way to go but seeing other people get through helps boost the spirit and keep us all smiling. Thinking positive thoughts for a stellar week of passport returns, ECAS status changes, and PPRs. Let's go Kingston, let's go!!!!

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Good morning darlings!!!

Brand new week and awaiting good news from KGN and Mississauga!

Hope all is well everyone :)

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Good Morning,

Happy that the weather has improved... I could deal with up to -10, maybe even - 15 anything under that feels freezing ???... I Like the change of seasons, but winter is a bit too long If u ask me :p

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Question - how do you get the Canadian or Jamaican flags under your names? Also, how do I put the application sent/approved/medicals in my profile? Lastly, what is the +1 etc for?? How do you get that/give that?

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Question - how do you get the Canadian or Jamaican flags under your names? Also, how do I put the application sent/approved/medicals in my profile? Lastly, what is the +1 etc for?? How do you get that/give that?
If you go to the top right hand, and click Profile, then on the left hand side click Forum Profile Information(or something along those lines) you can update all your info on the side bar including app sent, approved etc.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
top right hand corner click on your profile, then left hand side, under modify profile, click forum profile information, from there you can add all your stats and flags etc......

The +1/-1 is a rating system if you like or dislike something that someone says!

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
Ladies, I won't apologize for what i am about to say... but wish to be sensitive to those who may misread, misunderstand the message. So if you happen to be offended I encourage you to take a stiff drink or hot yoga as someone once encouraged me to do.

After living in Canada for 25 years.. ran away for one year thank goodness, I honestly wonder why anyone would leave the warmth of the Island to be here. I am with the folks at the hotel who say these things to some of the fellows who are heading for Canada. I am aware that some of the remarks "why would you want to leave this place" is pure bull coming from some of these guys, who deep down feel they don't need another black guy in Canada. But having lived here all this time I am forced to look deeper. I will list the reasons to be here and reasons why it is insane to do so:

Reasons to be here Reasons to stay in Jamaica
Financial Financial
Educational Educational
Health Climate
Climate crime
crime Health

Wow! There seems to be a tie.. what a conundrum.

Financial
There are more job opportunities here no doubt.. unskilled, domestic, all kinds of servitude jobs, factories etc, Agency jobs galore.. the ones that let you do the work and you pay them half of what you earn for an unlimited time. The taxes is paid to the government(I have no problem with paying taxes since you can see where the money goes.. (good roads, good schools, half- assed health care) respect is due in these cases but if you happen to be in a union situation, big boss guy in his nice suit suck out a large portion of your back breaking work pay..
This is where you are F***** Rent, mortgate, utility, gas, phone bills, cable, GROCERIES, clothes-even the ugly spongebob type they make for fat people..no offence ppl I am fat.

Education

Yes, the opportunity is available to those who wish to pursue it! This was a dream of mine, denied on some level in Jamaica cause of financial standing. BUT the higher you seek to go the more fights.. you want to be a doctor, lawyer, teacher in this country, watch the red tape and bureaucratic mambo jumbo. And if you are a warrior like I am you charge in and break down those barriers only to find yourself in a career with sharks and evil surrounding you. And if you know that silence is a form of resistance, you will cry secretly also. The door appear to be open but the monster wait behind the door..

Health

Free health care, wow! Until Sars or any epidemic break out and you are turned away or worst contaminated by careless, ill-tempered, cold-hearted health professionals. but who is complaining, I can go to the doctor for free and if I happen to be poor I will know what is wrong with me but have to way to pay for my medicine.

Climate
Except for a few months the weather stinks, depressing, ice skating, snow plundering, frigid temperature that make you swear with your christian mouth.

Crime
You are murdered daily..in spirit, body, mind.. There are many who wish they could die, check the hospitals, prisons, schools, workplaces.

Lets look at the same variable in Jamaica

Financial
You have little to no money, live in a board house, have no education but is happy
Those who have not and desire to rise above mediocre learn to survive in an environment that give rise to the term hustle hard, be it work, marriage,talent etc. Food can be expensive but is for the most part food.. GMO foods are eaten by the rich in Jamaica, luckily for the poor they can't afford the crap so they eat yam, banana dumpling, chicken back, porridge.. not harmone filled stake, poison infused breads, fish etc.

Education
Opportunity for further studies is a challenge but if you work hard, there is a teacher there ready to push you ahead.. scholarships, grants, sponsorship etc. Teacher in Jamaica for the most part see a students success as a personal success.. The schools without resources are often run by individuals who lack understanding of the importance in educating our people.. "those who control the wealth will never educate the poor to know what is like to take the power from them"

Health

There is no money but the mental health is much better than people living in "privileged" society.. If JPs cut off your light there are ways around it. If you have no money for food none will spoil in the fridge when the light is gone. Natural remedies still work and the poor use it so doctors wont get rich off the poor. And then there is Western Union run by foreigners who give locals the impression that money grow on tree.. so while they wait in Western Union, they can say they are in the hospital..and bam money is sent. Those who die cause they had no money would have died because they had money.

Climate
Warmth, sun, rain, beach, beach, sun, blue skies, light, sun when it is raining, moonshine, fireflies, did I say beach.. at least crime takes place when you are warm.. die in the sun

Crime
Violence and crime is imported... some deportee and others who learn the trade of where they come from, guns and ammunition sneak in through various means.. no gun factory in Jamaica.
Those who are not influence by outsiders commit crime because they can as those in other parts who seek to violate the right of others.

Many individuals who come here will eventually regret it.. For one, it is not a place that really truly makes you feel like you belong. I am so sick of having "white" folks say to me on a cold day.. complete strangers say "don't you wish you were home now" Wow, I did not open my mouth but because I am black one assume I am from somewhere else... what about this multicultural society we have here - a black chick can't be from Canada. My children are born here and will have to deal with this dunce remark.. So can I call this home? Will the husbands and wife's call this home? This remains to be seen. When thing are not going so well in the marriage are you going to remind them they don't belong here? When they speak of things that made them happy in Jamaica will you huff and puff and blow the house in? There will be a few who will come here and forget where they came from but those are also the ones who will leave you for another woman..searchers of greener pastures.

MONEY is the main reason why individuals leave Jamaica. So after 25 years of living here and experiencing some things that others dream about I say I wish I had never left my country. Being educated sometimes make you more unhappy cause you are able to see the ills of society and often powerless to change one damn thing. Love your roots but don't dare to assume that the trappings of this country outweighs the benefits of my poor lowly upbringing. unedited!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Wow thanks for the fast response JAMFAM!! I now truly feel like I belong here...LOL!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
@ Frankfield......wow you sure got your chat on today :) I have to say I agree and disagree with some of what you said but in the end, we will all die one day....the answer to the riddle is where do you want to be buried? That is where your home is because that is your eternal resting place! Click your heels three times Dorothy and repeat "there's no place like home, there's no place like home"

Question for you: if you wish that you never left then why do you not return? (do not take that the wrong way, it is just a question :) )