+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Flowers18

Jul 4, 2013
Honestly, I don't really post much on here but I kinda thought the forum was about the immigration process, the difficulties you go through sponsoring your spouse, asking questions regarding the process and seeking encouragement and support. These long posts frankfield ranting about your own personal problems that have nothing to do with spousal sponsorship are not very helpful in already very difficult process

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
The calm before the storm (of PPR requests...SA's and AOR's)

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
Flowers18 said:
Honestly, I don't really post much on here but I kinda thought the forum was about the immigration process, the difficulties you go through sponsoring your spouse, asking questions regarding the process and seeking encouragement and support. These long posts frankfield ranting about your own personal problems that have nothing to do with spousal sponsorship are not very helpful in already very difficult process
I was here long before you and will be here long after you are gone.. I am an immigrant, guess I qualify to be here. My post are for those who find meaning in them.. even one.

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
Flowers18 said:
Then I say you are quite shallow if you see no relevance... the personal is political.. Then again I welcome your free speech.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
frankfield said:
I like where you are going "In other words despite the terrible experience/abuse from the place I am still going to love it.. You cant deny it that there is some negative feeling about Jamaica by many here... a right you hold for I too have negative feeling about Canada. It is this fundamental right to defend ones country I celebrate. i dont think you should agree with me cause this is the land of your birth... but I can only hope my truth, my honesty is respected. I don't think you take it as an attack, at least I hope. The people make the country... the place, the land cannot be bad right.. so my question is if folks secretly fear this place, look down upon it shouldnt one be afraid to bring these people here? it is the people who make the country.. right. Hard to separate one from the other. The best years of my life was spent there..not a lie, your attachment to Canada is the same as mine to there. But as the world is an open field and I am an explorer I rest here in this moment...complain until I say enough.

Sometimes I defend Canada when others compare it to US, it is an innate thing to do, though when I think about it, there is really little difference between the two places. Do you see how Africans.. leaving Ruwanda, Somalia and other such places, cleave to these war torn places.. and return even when they come here as Refugees.. Why is this so? The spirit of a person in locked into the place of their birth... You will never understand unless you examine your love and feelings for your own country. So all that I say must be seen as education, coming from an outsider... listen and learn. Until we see everyone who live here as someone who love his or her own country the world will continue to make enemies of those they host. In plain language, never assume the person from another place love you more than himself. This is why countries embrace folks from countries they destroy believing these guys are grateful.. only to later on find out it is not so. My husband has asked me many times why the hell did you bring me here? When he first got here he worked in a recycling plant..working in filth and his co-worker says he blends in with the environment so she could not see him.. wow, this is home.
But he works hard and plan his escape, always loved home, in 5 years of being apart has never asked me did you hear from immigration...pushed me to call my mp, terrorized me about the process. Every set back was taken with a grain of salt and when I asked him why he took things so cool he said I am at home why would I cry about being in another mans country.
HAHAHA it is the government that makes the country not the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
CanadianWifey89 said:
The calm before the storm (of PPR requests...SA's and AOR's)
man I hope so.......it is too calm right now from Kingston, it is kinda scary! :-\

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
chickie72 said:
man I hope so.......it is too calm right now from Kingston, it is kinda scary! :-\
it really is!!! Come on Kgn...you've been back to work for weeks now!

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
chickie72 said:
HAHAHA it is the government that makes the country not the people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To certain extent this is true, really true... When the government of Jamaica borrows IMF money they can't/don't plan to repay, the ppl behaviour will eventually become questionable.. Thanks to the Jamaican mamas who know how to stretch out the dollar, lay the foundation for their sons to provide love to women a yard and abroad.

http://youtu.be/pkL-bwgiUXI

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flowers18 said:
That's what I thought too. Agree with you.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
longdistanceloves said:
Thanks, my baby and I are doing great. Hope you and baby are also well!!
:eek:

Mrs. Brown?!?!?!? Are you and Mr. Brown having a baby Brown?!?!?! :D

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
I do believe this forum is to speak regarding anything you wish. I can remember last year at this time we used to have talks and debates about everything from sex (Anada) to sound clashes (ready and halfmoon). Sometimes it is good to rewind and talk about other things then this immigration process because I know from experience that it can get really depressing sometimes and a break from the norm sometimes helps! Picture days were fun too!

(this is my opinion and my opinion alone! :) )

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was a post about what are the best days to visit the embassy. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Was there on Thursday but went late so planning to DHL the package. Office closed 2:30 don't recall when the open time.

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
chickie72 said:
I do believe this forum is to speak regarding anything you wish. I can remember last year at this time we used to have talks and debates about everything from sex (Anada) to sound clashes (ready and halfmoon). Sometimes it is good to rewind and talk about other things then this immigration process because I know from experience that it can get really depressing sometimes and a break from the norm sometimes helps! Picture days were fun too!

(this is my opinion and my opinion alone! :) )
I like and agree with your opinion. I like hearing about other things than immigration. It helps to pass the time and ward off thoughts that my application may never be approved!!! I enjoy picture day and talks about food and all that!

mrsbrown

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
PC redo jan 29. In process march 7
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 27.2014
Just an update for those who are curious... Notes recieved late today and as expected, no movement at all.

I'm a bit torn about what to do since I've invested almost 10 months in this process and feel like I have nothing left to keep me going...

I appreciate that many of you have been waiting longer so I apologize if I come across as insensitive.

Also... for the record, I really enjoy the upbeat and supportive nature of most forum members... thank you for keeping me going this long... I find it disheatening that others use this forum as a place to voice personal grievances and political opnions. Its a shame that people bully others with their words and call them "shallow" among other things for disagreeing. I know that by even posting this I am opening myself up for a hateful reply.. but as I've said before, just because you can say something, doesnt mean that you should and if enough people ask you to refrain from posting offensive or hurtful things it stands to reason that maybe you should consider the usefulness of your contributions...

On a more relevant note, Praying that each of us gets good news...we all deserve it.

Flowers18

Jul 4, 2013
I do enjoy talking about other things that are positive and uplifting, crazy rants not really my thing. I hope everyone hear some positive news soon and I pray 2014 is a great year for everyone. Chickie or Kadi you can take me off the list thanks