Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
melissa123 said:
Thank you Nevaeha! lol I don't think I am even on the spreadsheet which is fine. As long as its over is what matters the most. One year from start to finish but many times we wanted to give up. So to all those couples out there true love never dies so keep your eye on the prize (your amazing spouses) and you will wake up one day next to them and all of this was just a dream. As for the visitor visa that he got approved for I wonder what we did differently because I heard it is very difficult to receive one? Can anyone let me know what some of the rejection explanations were given?
I've heard the common reason is because they have too many ties to Canada and they have an application in for pr

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
CocoVanilla said:
Congrats Melissa123 !!

So awesome to see some movement and a speedy passport return!

Keep it rolling Kingston..........
Thank you CocoVanilla..as for the speedy passport my husband went in the same day they told him to bring it in and said he had a booked flight at the end of this month so he would need the passport since he has the visitora visa stamp in it...otherwise I have a feeling they would have kept it longer?

jboo

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
melissa123 said:
Thank you CocoVanilla..as for the speedy passport my husband went in the same day they told him to bring it in and said he had a booked flight at the end of this month so he would need the passport since he has the visitora visa stamp in it...otherwise I have a feeling they would have kept it longer?
Melissa123, I'm fairly new to the forum but would u mind sharing ur experience. Also about the visitors visa.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
melissa123 said:
Hello All ! I haven't been on here for awhile due to a lot of things going on but I just wanted you all to know to mark me in the GREEN! my husband got a call at the beginning of this month submitted his passport that same day and he received it back last week!! SO please believe they are working and hoping that a lot more come thru for the christmas season ;D we actually went in two months ago while I was down there to apply for a visitor visa which he was granted but the same week he got a call into the embassy to submit back the passport. I pray for you all because prayer sure does work we have been praying forever every single day and finally our answers were heard !
Congratulation. Makes mw wanna try for a vistor visa :)

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
jboo said:
Melissa123, I'm fairly new to the forum but would u mind sharing ur experience. Also about the visitors visa.
hello jboo what would you like to know I am happy to share anything that I have experienced or any kind of hints

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
melissa123 said:
Hello All ! I haven't been on here for awhile due to a lot of things going on but I just wanted you all to know to mark me in the GREEN! my husband got a call at the beginning of this month submitted his passport that same day and he received it back last week!! SO please believe they are working and hoping that a lot more come thru for the christmas season ;D we actually went in two months ago while I was down there to apply for a visitor visa which he was granted but the same week he got a call into the embassy to submit back the passport. I pray for you all because prayer sure does work we have been praying forever every single day and finally our answers were heard !
Congratulations! That is wonderful news! If my memory serves does this mean hubby will be home for babies' first Christmas?

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
DADDYS GIRL said:
Congratulations! That is wonderful news! If my memory serves does this mean hubby will be home for babies' first Christmas?

thank you and no no babies for us as of yet lol maybe that can be a christmas present lol

jboo

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
melissa123 said:
hello jboo what would you like to know I am happy to share anything that I have experienced or any kind of hints
Are there any particular documents u submitted for the visitors which would have made ur husband successful?

jboo

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
melissa123 said:
Also was ur husband previously in Canada before u guys applied for pr?

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
melissa123 said:
thank you and no no babies for us as of yet lol maybe that can be a christmas present lol
My apologies! I thought you were pregnant at time of app.

Nonetheless, with hubby enroute i am sure that will change shortly.

After you come up for air...lol! Don't forget to post your landing story.

melissa123

Sep 15, 2012
jboo said:
Are there any particular documents u submitted for the visitors which would have made ur husband successful?

Not necessarily. We just followed the application form and what was needed. One difference is that I wrote an invitation letter but he also wrote a letter to them himself...He also got his employeer to write a letter of recommendation...we were pretty sure we were not going to get approved because even the lady at the embassy said 95% of the time if you are in process they will not grant you a Temp Visa...Also, my husband travels a lot to other countries but just not Canada...and someone he knows who works at the american embassy said they actually like when you have a fair amount of money in your bank account even though in the invitation letter I state that I will be resposible for all the expenses while he is in Canada..but around 300,000 up is a good amount to have in their account. I don't know if that was the case though...could have been a nice officer who had a heart because we poured out our feelings in one page letters lol

jboo

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
melissa123 said:
Not necessarily. We just followed the application form and what was needed. One difference is that I wrote an invitation letter but he also wrote a letter to them himself...He also got his employeer to write a letter of recommendation...we were pretty sure we were not going to get approved because even the lady at the embassy said 95% of the time if you are in process they will not grant you a Temp Visa...Also, my husband travels a lot to other countries but just not Canada...and someone he knows who works at the american embassy said they actually like when you have a fair amount of money in your bank account even though in the invitation letter I state that I will be resposible for all the expenses while he is in Canada..but around 300,000 up is a good amount to have in their account. I don't know if that was the case though...could have been a nice officer who had a heart because we poured out our feelings in one page letters lol
Thanks for the info

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Carm you and hubby are in my prayers I hope the rockyness soon comes to an end. Seems like you and I been having a rough day. Better days are coming.

Melissa congrats on the good news

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
Congrats Melissa! So your process was about a yr without an interview ?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Mrs. Davis said:
Congrats Melissa! So your process was about a yr without an interview ?
Melissa123 doesn't come by very often so I'll answer on her behalf so you're not left hanging! Yes, she was in the process for about one year and her hubby was not interviewed.