Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
mismine said:
Hey Fam!!

Hope your all hanging in there its so amazing to see how much we all share going threw this process is not for the weak heart's that's for sure

sorry to everyone that is struggling right now I hope this will be over for all of us soon at least Kingston seems to be on the move .

I have a couple questions I was hoping to get some help with.

1 Can we buy a one way ticket leaving Kingston or does it have to be a return?

2 Can anyone tell me what will happen once my husband lands in Toronto? does he have to see Immigration there?

3 where do we get his pr card? Do we have to go to the boarder?

4 do we have to wait to get a sin card before he can work

Alberta registries told me that anyone coming from Jamaica has to write there learners and then in one year take there drivers :(

Sorry I know this is alot of questions but I guess we will all be going threw this

Thank you for any help
Morning mismine!

1) Yes, you can book a one way ticket from Kingston to Canada for your hubby!!!
2) Yes, your hubby will do his landing in Toronto if that is his first point of entry when he arrives in Canada! This is probably one of the best places to arrive because there are so many immigrants going through Pearson International Airport. The majority of the stories on the forum say the process is quick and efficient! Here is a recent thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-experience-in-toronto-pearson-international-airport-t174183.0.html
3) Your hubby's PR card will be mailed to him a few weeks (or longer, not sure where the timeline is these days) after he lands. When he lands in Toronto they will ask him for his residential address so they know where to send it. No need to go to the boarder -- it will all happen in Toronto at the airport!
4) Yes, you will have to apply for your hubby's SIN before he can start working. He can apply and receive his SIN the day he lands (okay, maybe he'll wait a few days!) if you want.
5) Here is some info from Service Alberta on exchanging a non-Canadian license and/or getting a new driver's license:

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/1671.cfm

Exchanging a Non-Canadian or Non-U.S. Licence

All applicants must produce acceptable identification and proof of residency.

Translation Requirements

All documents submitted must be genuine originals, photocopies and faxes are not acceptable. All driver's licences and other documents not in English must be accompanied by a written translation completed by an approved translator. If the client also has an official International Driver's Permit (IDP) issued by their home jurisdiction, it must also be surrendered. Please refer to the Approved Document Translators (pdf) page for information on ministry requirements. Japanese licences that are not accompanied by an official IDP must have a translation done by the Consulate General of Japan.

Countries With Reciprocal Licensing Agreements
All Other Countries
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that there are different requirements for translators for knowledge tests. Please click HERE for a list of approved translators for knowledge tests.

All Other Countries

A person coming to Alberta from outside Canada may apply to have their previous driving history credited to their Alberta driving record. A successful application will grant exemption from the Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) program and allow for Class 5 road testing without being required to hold a Class 7 driver's licence for one year. The GDL program improves road safety by extending the learning stage for new drivers, regardless of age. New drivers gain more experience and improve their skills under low-risk conditions before graduating to more demanding driving conditions. To become fully licensed, new drivers must show responsible driving behaviours, smooth vehicle handling skills and pass an advanced road test. For more information about GDL, please see the Traffic Safety in Alberta website for additional information.

:D

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Jamnic said:
Hi everyone ! I am new to this forum. And i must say i feel down after reading some post about getting denied.
Hi Jamnic! WELCOME!!! I'm new too so I don't really have many answers for you about the process, but what I can tell you is in the last number of threads there has been a bit more of a 'feeling down' pattern, BUT just in the last few weeks there has been some movement in KGN for the GOOD! a handful of people in the last two weeks have gotten some great news - and THAT is really encouraging because KGN hasn't been doing much before that! You will see ups and downs on here as you follow, BUT when those 'ups' get posted, it REALLY boosts the mood of everyone on here and gives us all hope that soon we will hear more good news! And when there are people sharing their struggles, we can all relate and we do our best to encourage each other. You really start to cheer on all of your fellow "Jam Fam" and it can be really positive to help get you through the long waits of hearing nothing :) Prepare yourself for a long wait and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised :D One love

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
carm_cnd said:
Congrats! I wish you and hubby all the best :).

When did you apply?
Melissa123 and her hubby applied one year ago.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
mismine said:
Hey Fam!!

Hope your all hanging in there its so amazing to see how much we all share going threw this process is not for the weak heart's that's for sure

sorry to everyone that is struggling right now I hope this will be over for all of us soon at least Kingston seems to be on the move .

I have a couple questions I was hoping to get some help with.

1 Can we buy a one way ticket leaving Kingston or does it have to be a return?

2 Can anyone tell me what will happen once my husband lands in Toronto? does he have to see Immigration there?

3 where do we get his pr card? Do we have to go to the boarder?

4 do we have to wait to get a sin card before he can work

Alberta registries told me that anyone coming from Jamaica has to write there learners and then in one year take there drivers :(

Sorry I know this is alot of questions but I guess we will all be going threw this

Thank you for any help
Good morning.

Your husband only needs a one way ticket. He can apply for his sin card at service Canada when he lands. When flying into Canada that is consider a border crossing so he doesn't need to go to the border to cross. His pr card will arrive in the mail about 6 weeks after he lands. When he lands in Canada he will need to go through immigration and once there they will welcome him to Canada, give him a welcome to Canada package an then he will be coming out the doors to see you!!!

Hope this answers your questions. Congrats again

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Nevaeha said:
Morning mismine!

1) Yes, you can book a one way ticket from Kingston to Canada for your hubby!!!
2) Yes, your hubby will do his landing in Toronto if that is his first point of entry when he arrives in Canada! This is probably one of the best places to arrive because there are so many immigrants going through Pearson International Airport. The majority of the stories on the forum say the process is quick and efficient!
3) Your hubby's PR card will be mailed to him a few weeks (or longer, not sure where the timeline is these days) after he lands. When he lands in Toronto they will ask him for his residential address so they know where to send it. No need to go to the boarder -- it will all happen in Toronto at the airport!
4) Yes, you will have to apply for your hubby's SIN before he can start working. He can apply and receive his SIN the day he lands (okay, maybe he'll wait a few days!) if you want.
5) Here is some info from Service Alberta on exchanging a non-Canadian license and/or getting a new driver's license:

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/1671.cfm

Exchanging a Non-Canadian or Non-U.S. Licence

All applicants must produce acceptable identification and proof of residency.

Translation Requirements

All documents submitted must be genuine originals, photocopies and faxes are not acceptable. All driver's licences and other documents not in English must be accompanied by a written translation completed by an approved translator. If the client also has an official International Driver's Permit (IDP) issued by their home jurisdiction, it must also be surrendered. Please refer to the Approved Document Translators (pdf) page for information on ministry requirements. Japanese licences that are not accompanied by an official IDP must have a translation done by the Consulate General of Japan.

Countries With Reciprocal Licensing Agreements
All Other Countries
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that there are different requirements for translators for knowledge tests. Please click HERE for a list of approved translators for knowledge tests.

All Other Countries

A person coming to Alberta from outside Canada may apply to have their previous driving history credited to their Alberta driving record. A successful application will grant exemption from the Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) program and allow for Class 5 road testing without being required to hold a Class 7 driver's licence for one year. The GDL program improves road safety by extending the learning stage for new drivers, regardless of age. New drivers gain more experience and improve their skills under low-risk conditions before graduating to more demanding driving conditions. To become fully licensed, new drivers must show responsible driving behaviours, smooth vehicle handling skills and pass an advanced road test. For more information about GDL, please see the Traffic Safety in Alberta website for additional information.

:D

You beat me to it :) I didn't know the drivers Info though

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Jamnic said:
Hi everyone ! I am new to this forum. And i must say i feel down after reading some post about getting denied. Here is my story I met my husband back in 2003 he was here on a working visa, and kept coming back to Canada until 2005. In 2007 i went to JA for his mothers funeral. And we were still in a very devoted relationship. I visited him every year, talked for hours every single night. We got married in 2011 but i didnt file for him until 2012 because i wanted us to fill the forms together even though he did the medical the same year . In August he was asked to do medical again and police background check. He just got mail asking to send his passport. When i sentthe package to CIC i sent proof of Western Union receipts showing proof that i do send him money sometimes. But after reading that someone got denied because they think he married her for money. I am getting nervous that we might get denied. Why do they ask for proof of relationship if they are going to deny you? I am going to be devastated if this happens. Our relationship has been through alot but one thing is for sure we got married for love.
Welcome to the forum Jamnic! :D

That is great news that KG requested your hubby's passport. What month did you apply in 2012?

Unfortunately in this process some innocent, genuine couples are going to be denied because of the bad apples out there! Waitingonforever is the only person (sadly) that I have ever heard where they asked for her hubby's passport at the interview and then they denied them. 'Normally' a passport will not be requested if they are going to deny you. Kingston always keeps us on our toes!

Hang in there and please let us know how your story goes! Hopefully Kingston will be sending your hubby's passport back to him shortly with a shiny visa inside of it!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
sammystorm19 said:
You beat me to it :) I didn't know the drivers Info though
lol! :-* We make a good team -- we gave the same answers! Whew!

Neither did I Sammy, I googled it!
;)

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
Good Morning

News from yesterday morning was busy with school and stressin if I should wait to let you all know until I did what the Canadian office ask

BUT

you all deserve to kno now cause we all going thru the same thing

SO

I got an email bright and early yesterday morning from their office which state that I need to redo my medical and police certificate and send my original copy of my birth paper........I kinda feel nervous :-\ because I kno that wen I sen those in it is neither YES or NO from them after sigh.............smh last month I got a traffic ticket I wonder if that will show on my police record...........and my medical sigh i hate going to the doctor they always find something bad

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
JamaicafellinlovewithCan said:
Good Morning

News from yesterday morning was busy with school and stressin if I should wait to let you all know until I did what the Canadian office ask

BUT

you all deserve to kno now cause we all going thru the same thing

SO

I got an email bright and early yesterday morning from their office which state that I need to redo my medical and police certificate and send my original copy of my birth paper........I kinda feel nervous :-\ because I kno that wen I sen those in it is neither YES or NO from them after sigh.............smh last month I got a traffic ticket I wonder if that will show on my police record...........and my medical sigh i hate going to the doctor they always find something bad
Fantastic news, JFILWC!!!!

Kingston is ALIVE!!!!

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Nevaeha said:
Fantastic news, JFILWC!!!!

Kingston is ALIVE!!!!
Yep they are I was so shock I start laughing in disbelieve in the school library had to run out and call my mom..........but yea they are definitely alive so everyone dont give up on the faith continue to be strong cause the journey is not for the swift but who can endure

saskia

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June. 2012
Doc's Request.
June 2013
Med's Request
Re-do medical June 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
July 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2013
LANDED..........
March 19, 2014
Well kingston is working ppl!!!

Congrats to all who have heard some good news..That means Nev, Chickie, O&O, Carm, Daddy's Girl, Needs to be with hubby, COF and all the rest of 2012 applicants u guys soon get ur calls and Keep checking those emails

Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Question how much is the medical n the police cert. now and also would I just put it in a big envolpe with the address and where would I drop it off?

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question how much is the medical n the police cert. now and also would I just put it in a big envolpe with the address and where would I drop it off?
Congratulation. $12000 for medical $3000 police certificate for regular which is 4weeks, $6000 is another cost to get it back faster I totally forgot the time frame and the cost goes up more for even a more quicker processing which I forgot. And yes envelope and at the Canadian Embassy, I don't have the address at hand but it should be in your email or something.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok I got it
Immigration Section
High Commission of Canada
3 West Kings House Road, Kingston 10
Telephone : 876- 926-1500
Facsimile: 876- 733- 3480

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Good morning jamfam :D
I have some good news to share..my daughter was released from the mental health wing yesterday..she is doing much better...they have prescribed her some meds to keep her from harming herself and the depression..and she had to see a therapist and phsycologyst on a regular basis..but she is home and she is doing well so far..Oh happy day!!! She wanted me to relay a message for everyone in the famjam bless her...she said for everybody waiting for they're loved ones to keep the faith and fight till there is no fight left..and it could be worse..she also said that try not to end up in the same place she was!!!.... :p