06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
waitingonforever said:
I hear ya...it says in the app..does your sponsor send you any card or gifts..how often you keep in contact...I mean you need money to keep in contact..I have gone to Jamaica 8 times out of those 8 times 3 were staying for a month or more..so I dont know what they expect from us...your dinked if you dont and dinked if you do!!!!
The thing that I did different is rather than me sending her money, I called my credit card company and had a credit card issued in her name that is attached to my account. Thus, she can just withdrawl every 15th of the month and pay the cell/internet bill so we can keep in contact. She's looking for work in Jamaica but the economy is not so great. So what are they going to tell me? That i can't support her when she's not working because she's using me for money? What a bunch of crack *censored word* if they do. I would like to see them try. As far as I see it, she's my wife, and as a husband I am expected to support her . Be that whether your a woman or a man doesn't matter. If anything, they are USING us for money as I paid over $1040 for the application fee and I can't even get a damn response from my own canadian consulate...so who's USING who for money that is what I want to know..I have also bought her many gifts, clothes, swimsuits, you name it, wtf does that have to do with using you for money? Who's the idiot at the consulate, they should be fired! I bet you its the same moron/clown that denied my application for my wife to visit me over the last 2 years because she lacked travel history...

jojrob1

Aug 15, 2013
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
30-Sept-2014 pc,medical,birth cert.
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
File received in kgn Sep 24,2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
frankfield said:
I am doing well Ready.. here making trouble as usual. How is the fam? I am soaking some beating switch in rum and pepper. I can get you one; if the fellow falls out of line just link me.
lol.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
greengurl said:
Have a wonderful long weekend everyone!
Love the purple Chickie, maybe I should change my name to purplegurl!
LMAO i like that one!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Good afternoon Jam Fam!!!!

Wof, I am so sorry that those are the ridiculous reasons you were given for being denied and you have every right to be angry. Who wouldn't be in your situation? This just makes it more obvious that you will be successful in your appeal.

Clearly the Jam Fam is very upset for wof which is very understandable...myself included. It has been said too many times to count on this forum that we cannot compare our applications to others. There have been how many people that have migrated to Canada from Jamaica? Some spouse's send money, some don't, some spouse's travel to JA every few months, some not at all...there are so many variances and the majority of Applicant's land in Canada...eventually.

Keep the faith my friends....no amount of worrying is going to change our fate. :-*

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
chickie72 said:
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/The+Passionate+Eye/ID/1646528337/
interesting watch.....
Interesting documentary Chickie.. without the camera I try to bring about this awareness. I am sure you post this not to offend anyone, you are going through the process but information is power right?

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Ninirae said:
SERIOUS?! Well this now concerns me because my husband and I take turns topping up his international minutes. So because I put $20/month directly on his phone there is a chance they will see it as him using me?! Oh man...I think that's a little ridiculous. It's basic necessities that save us money in the long run! And you are very right, not knowing the name of a medication, or remembering the term 'Autism', does not mean he does not know or care. The fact that he knew anything regarding it shows his interest!

I cannot believe THOSE were their reasons for denial! Keep fighting!
to me the immigration officer has a iron heart....when i was at my interview that same thing came up with the money situation.. The officer ask me if i was working and i told her that im self employed and when she was look at my western union receipts. She was like if im working why is my wife suporting me finally....the only thing i could tell her that my wife send me money when she wants to and im not the one calling her everyday asking for any money...... so i think that some of the reasons for denial is ludacris......

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Here is a sentence from the refusal letter...you tell me if it makes any sense..I too have tried sending for a visitors visa twice and was denied because of "Family Ties in Canada"....Once in 2008 the other 2010 and the Visa officer who denied us asked why doesnt your wife sponsor you...hmmm go figure eh??...Anyways here is the sentence......." I am not satisfied you and your sponsor have combined your affairs and become interdependent financially, socially, physically and emotionally." How the hell do they expect us to have any of this if they are not letting us have our husbands or wives come to Canada??? Or Immigrate for that matter? Physically?? I would love the Visa Officer to be in our bedroom when I go visit the hubby!!!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Good afternoon forum family
Been a real shyte day for me today but like always I sign on here and my girl Frankie have me in stitches.
First of all let me say this I do agree with not singling people out . We all post things some people might not like or agree with but mehhh a so the thing go lets all agree to disagree and move on life too short…… although I must say anytime my hubby dare step outta hand I will be calling you frankie a good rum soak belt will put him straight back inna line.

Chickie love the change the colour purple like shug says in the movie “ I think it pisses God off if you walk by the colour purple in a field and don’t notice it”.

Nev your positive attitude brightens my day

Safe travel o&o

Hello to one and all

@ wating – that is the most bull**it reason for any a denial … seriously who on here can say honestly they don’t send credit to or money to there spouce ….
As for him not knowing the proper name for your child autism …..how many jamicans can properly identify autism and explain what it is . Kmt your vo oviously got up on the wrong side of the bed or had some personal issues a bum him or here skin and tek it out pon you guys ….. this is ridiculous I hope they don’t waste too much of your time with this appeal God knows you and your hubby have been through too much already

Praying for and your hubby

Welcome to all the newbies

Live love laugh …life too short
Ready

CADsponsor13

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
06-27-2013
Med's Request
05-28-2013
Med's Done....
06-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2014
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
waitingonforever said:
Here is a sentence from the refusal letter...you tell me if it makes any sense..I too have tried sending for a visitors visa twice and was denied because of "Family Ties in Canada"....Once in 2008 the other 2010 and the Visa officer who denied us asked why doesnt your wife sponsor you...hmmm go figure eh??...Anyways here is the sentence......." I am not satisfied you and your sponsor have combined your affairs and become interdependent financially, socially, physically and emotionally." How the hell do they expect us to have any of this if they are not letting us have our husbands or wives come to Canada??? Or Immigrate for that matter? Physically?? I would love the Visa Officer to be in our bedroom when I go visit the hubby!!!
..."I am not satisfied you and your sponsor have combined your affairs and become interdependent financially, socially, physically and emotionally." If I am reading this correctly, from what I gather and understand in that line, they seem to be not convinced that you are trully married because you have not combined any of your bills or accounts to show it. For example, I attached my wife to my credit card back in June because I trust her with our money. Plus, it makes it easier for me to send money and its cheaper than a moneygram. Are either of you in joint accounts with banks or credit card companies yet since you were married? If not, you should start looking into that. To me, it seems like based on your application, it shows that you are married but your finances are completely seperate of one another on paper. Also, proof of how often you talk, call, and visit each other whether your able to go to jamaica or the other way around also plays a part in it...if you just wait for 2 years without visiting each other until the process finish I can see the statement being valid...I am due to return to Jamaica again in the first quarter of next year if we hear nothing back by december. This will be my third trip now since she can't get a vistor visa...

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
waitingonforever said:
again i say your vo have some personal issues and a tek it out pon you .... my husband and i had no bank accounts toagther nothing in the least .... to be totally honest with you a few months before we got married he lost his job and we were completely and total dependant on my income alone .... thats what familes do ... in my oppion that is what a marriage is when you are married its not your money or my money it OUR MONEY .... and it does not matter who is brining in the bacon or who is cooking it ..... kmt kingston immigration officers are taking things too damn far now

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
ready_fi_move_on said:
again i say your vo have some personal issues and a tek it out pon you .... my husband and i had no bank accounts toagther nothing in the least .... to be totally honest with you a few months before we got married he lost his job and we were completely and total dependant on my income alone .... thats what familes do ... in my oppion that is what a marriage is when you are married its not your money or my money it OUR MONEY .... and it does not matter who is brining in the bacon or who is cooking it ..... kmt kingston immigration officers are taking things too damn far now
Ready I tell yuh!!! Even if you have a joint bank account that just gives them another reason for telling you that the applicant is using you for your money..so like I said...damned if you dont damned if you do!!!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
darling fight it ... this has to be a slam dunk for you ....
your vo need a swift in butt ......

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
ready_fi_move_on said:
darling fight it ... this has to be a slam dunk for you ....
your vo need a swift in butt ......
Appeal sent to Toronto this morning!!! Its on!!!

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Hubby...Decemebr 9, 2011 & expired. med redone and handed in at interview on Sept. 17/13
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
waitingonforever said:
Hello Jam FAM!!! Just a little update about our case...I have been to the MP's office with the denial letter wich my husband faxed this morning...one of the reasons for denial was I send 50.00 CAD dollars a month to my husband for calling cards..so therefore he is using me for my money!!!...2 my daughter has mental health issues and because he did not know the medication she was on..he does not know my children..WTFE!!! And because he did not know the proper wording to expalin my son issues..he said" he walks on his toes and has a speech problem..diagnosis is Autism wich he forgot the word..he doesnt know my kids...are you KIDDING ME??????
Hi waitingonforever, First of all I want to say how I feel about this whole thing. This is terrible what you are going through. No thoughts or feelings I can express can console your feelings but it breaks my heart and everyone else.s I read your post last night but wanted to wait until I got my thoughts back in order. One thing that upsets me is how does the government think they can mess with people's lives. as I am Native American and the first people who was in this country before everyone else. If we still had control of our own country things would be different. But i don't want to get into that history. If our people had a say in how our own country was run, I would have my say and let all the ones who truly love each other be together.
I also sent phone cards etc. There is a lot of others on this forum who has done the same. By sending phone cards etc, plus copies of e-mails and conversations etc. that is to prove how we maintain communication throughout our separation and to maintain our relationships. This process is always asking for proof. How else can we prove it to them if we don't take pictures of ourselves naked and in bed with our spouses. I am wondering what more they are expecting from people and what goes on in their head to make these kind of judgements. I believe all of us here have sent phone cards and have purchased phone credits for our spouses. It has nothing to do with money as phone cards are petty and different from straight out cash and asking for mega amounts so our spouses can do as they please. Then I would be worried for myself and would not be in this process because I would have recognized the problem for myself and so no immigration officer would be telling me that. I would not let that happen to me. What is true here is the love we feel for our spouses and the need to keep our relationships close in heart because we are a thousand miles apart. That is why it is so important to keep communicating with each other.
Also, I am wondering how can they expect your husband to know what kind of medication your daughter is on? He is not able to be with you to help with you and your family. That is not something we talk about on a daily basis to even remember something like that. How often do we remember about our our own medications we take or even know how to say or spell them properly? Look at our our own parents/grandparents, do we know what kind of medication they are on? I myself can say I don't know what kind of medication my own mother is on.
Love comes in many forms, no matter how we met our spouses. Only we ourselves know how we feel in our heart and no immigration officer can tell us otherwise. They look at our lives, all the proof we send them, then they review us or want to interview us for a very measly time period? How can they know us in 2 hours or so? I say those immigration officers need to come spend the day with each one of us as a couple. Then they can see for themselves and maybe their judgement will change. IO will see for themselves what we are about whether it be good or bad.
But waitingonforever, it is not the end. your determination and willing to fight is what is going to make things change. Proud of you! appeal is on!!!!! :D

But for the rest of us, something has to be done to change this process. There is a lot f us not liking the way things are going. It has to start with us. Talking to each other does not help the situation, but it helps with our own feelings and it makes us feel better. But in order for the higher up to hear, they need to hear from us. Start writing your MP's, government etc. and let them know how you feel, and complain. Myself, I would even organize a protest in front o the CIC office, why not....I have done it before to other forms of government for other things. I am one who is not afraid to do it and an activist at heart. I would even organize it and find others willing to help. Newspapers, etc., I would call them all. LOL! This is just my spirit and the person I am.
Waitingforever, my thoughts and part of me is with you in spirit, keep on going and do what you have to do. You go girl!!!!!

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
Akiikwe said:
Hi waitingonforever, First of all I want to say how I feel about this whole thing. This is terrible what you are going through. No thoughts or feelings I can express can console your feelings but it breaks my heart and everyone else.s I read your post last night but wanted to wait until I got my thoughts back in order. One thing that upsets me is how does the government think they can mess with people's lives. as I am Native American and the first people who was in this country before everyone else. If we still had control of our own country things would be different. But i don't want to get into that history. If our people had a say in how our own country was run, I would have my say and let all the ones who truly love each other be together.
I also sent phone cards etc. There is a lot of others on this forum who has done the same. By sending phone cards etc, plus copies of e-mails and conversations etc. that is to prove how we maintain communication throughout our separation and to maintain our relationships. This process is always asking for proof. How else can we prove it to them if we don't take pictures of ourselves naked and in bed with our spouses. I am wondering what more they are expecting from people and what goes on in their head to make these kind of judgements. I believe all of us here have sent phone cards and have purchased phone credits for our spouses. It has nothing to do with money as phone cards are petty and different from straight out cash and asking for mega amounts so our spouses can do as they please. Then I would be worried for myself and would not be in this process because I would have recognized the problem for myself and so no immigration officer would be telling me that. I would not let that happen to me. What is true here is the love we feel for our spouses and the need to keep our relationships close in heart because we are a thousand miles apart. That is why it is so important to keep communicating with each other.
Also, I am wondering how can they expect your husband to know what kind of medication your daughter is on? He is not able to be with you to help with you and your family. That is not something we talk about on a daily basis to even remember something like that. How often do we remember about our our own medications we take or even know how to say or spell them properly? Look at our our own parents/grandparents, do we know what kind of medication they are on? I myself can say I don't know what kind of medication my own mother is on.
Love comes in many forms, no matter how we met our spouses. Only we ourselves know how we feel in our heart and no immigration officer can tell us otherwise. They look at our lives, all the proof we send them, then they review us or want to interview us for a very measly time period? How can they know us in 2 hours or so? I say those immigration officers need to come spend the day with each one of us as a couple. Then they can see for themselves and maybe their judgement will change. IO will see for themselves what we are about whether it be good or bad.
But waitingonforever, it is not the end. your determination and willing to fight is what is going to make things change. Proud of you! appeal is on!!!!! :D

But for the rest of us, something has to be done to change this process. There is a lot f us not liking the way things are going. It has to start with us. Talking to each other does not help the situation, but it helps with our own feelings and it makes us feel better. But in order for the higher up to hear, they need to hear from us. Start writing your MP's, government etc. and let them know how you feel, and complain. Myself, I would even organize a protest in front o the CIC office, why not....I have done it before to other forms of government for other things. I am one who is not afraid to do it and an activist at heart. I would even organize it and find others willing to help. Newspapers, etc., I would call them all. LOL! This is just my spirit and the person I am.
Waitingforever, my thoughts and part of me is with you in spirit, keep on going and do what you have to do. You go girl!!!!!
Thank you Akiikwe for you kind words and thoughts..I truly believe I will conquer this appeal..Love conquers all and I WILL prove it to CIC and the rest of FamJam I will not be defeated!!!