Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
thank you guys for all the goody comments.

ANXIOUS, you better be kicking some rass on that wedding day. Everything better be put to perfect too .... congrats on the wedding well in advance dear :)

Weddings are a lot of fun when there is hype music and fun people around.

Oh lawddd, I have two daags and boy I think them prappa stupid .... I don't know their breeds but they are those short dogs mixed with something. They are Zorro and Rexy

Zorro is black like SS Spade .... he is darker then night too ... he is old, about 10 years now and he is getting a bit slow.
Rexy is younger and is tres retarded. He is a chicken, chicken, chicken .... he barks at anything he sees and when that thing approaches him he runs away ... pusssss I tell yuh .. you touch him and he would try to bite you ... sometimes I want to take him to the dog shop and leave them there for someone else to take him over

Anyway, they were so wayward when I came and I used to spoil them too until I realized that they are eeee-diots and do stupid things like:

1. I would just finish cleaning the yard (spraying it clean) .. next day there would be dog piss all over and the yard would look as if no one ever cleaned it *pisses me off a lot*

2. Pissing on my flower plants when I plant them and boy, they kill the plants with dem piss

3. Ripping things apart and just making a mess in general

So, I yell, scream and lock them up in their kennel during the day. This morning I am calling to bathe them and they both refuse to come ... started barking at me as if they wanted to bite off my fingers. I was like "oh yaaa ... then suffa biotches"

I am kinda sick and tired of them :s

Miracle_44

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:) Thanks Chelley for all of your responses, I totally appreciate your feedback, just wanted some additional feedback. I must say the part you mentioned about, 'lunch can mean delays in Ja' made smile :).

LCW, thanks a lot for your response. I fedex it to them, which only took a day for them to receive it. When they called, they told me to also purchas a fedex prepaid waybill and send along with the PP so that they can fedex it back to me, so it's not through regular/snail mail, which takes FOREVER LOL!

HIGHLYFAVOURED, much thanks! I sent them two emails last week from the beginning of the week. But their automative phone system said it usually takes 28-30 days for a response and 5 days if THEY DEEM the matter to be urgent Lol! But I also sent a case specific inqiry so hopefully it won't take that long and I'll get a response soon! So are you in Ca. now?

But I'm feeling much better after I've read the feedback from you guys. And I'm so happy that I've found this thread specifically for Kingston!
Do you guys mind sharing your timeline for the visa processing? Thanks and enjoy the weekend!

Miracle_44

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnxiouslyWaiting: Thanks for nice words, and I think it's the anxiety that's trying to get the best of me right now :). I guess you know exactly how I feel right now, it's not until you have your PP in hand that you fully feel a sigh of relief :)YES! I'm currently in The Bahamas. Are you in Ca/Ja???

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
welcome Miracle44 :D

sorry, I don't have the experience to give you any advice, i've just started my process and rely on the rest of the knowledge of the forum members to guide me through. you've come to the right place! they have helped me tremendously!!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
lol " Anxious ....i am not white my freind i am jhite...lol

Anyways Miracle as i have said girl be patient ...It will be back soon nough my freind ...and then you can move outta there and become one of us croanies lol

Nae nae ...lol i try i try ....Been burning up the JA forum for well over a year now and well my hubby has landed and i am still doing it ,...hahaha...but now only at wuk... :-*

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
well don't stop lcw!!! I love it! and i'm sure the others do too

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Confused ...... My friend I will be kicking ass at my wedding, But I am more concerned about the wedding night....yeah....!!

Well obviously I am already married, went on honeymoon the whole 9 yards, but that one was so we could get things started so it was very small about 30 people, this one will be the Bashment,

Most of the Family here didn't make it down. so this one will be the show stopper, the wedding of all weddings, my friend.....

this one is more about the Wedding CELEBRATION.....because it meant so much to us to have a huge wedding so thats why we did it twice,

as you know, it only takes two people to be married to have a wedding ceremony, well three, five, because you need a pastor /officiant, and witness, but it takes families and friends to make it a Wedding celebration,..

I feel very lucky to marry him twice, he is does everything to make my dream wedding come through... ;D..... I knew i wanted a big wedding, but financial we were not ready and no one else was either, so we just decided if we were to wait to make it right it was going to take forever...and who have that kind of time... ;D...it's like a Cinderella story and I will be the Belle` of the Ball.... ;)..

Miracle........................Yes dear I am in Toronto/Canada, but i have invested interest in the Bahamas, We spent our honeymoon there last year love the conch fritters/salad at the fish fry...... you guys famous dish, huh .... it's like ackee/saltfish to Jamaica in comparison..

I want to go back when hubby comes, well maybe next year, we don't have that kind of money, two wedding but one honeymoon... ::) but next time we will take the kids... ;)

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
LCW...........I like that................... Jhite.....................WHATEVER u want to call it, u aiiiight in my book.....lol ;D

Bless!

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Nae & Anxiously - my hubby is in for a lot of surprises. I can only explain so much by phone. You just have to experience Canada. And what better way to experience it but in the Nation's Capital with a million other people at the same time. :eek: He's going to see the equivalent to the population of the island of Jamaica on that day. I'm looking forward to it to say the least.

Miracle - I'm the Canadian born & raised. My hubby is en route - 25 more days. :D

Anxiously - Congrats on your wedding. They are SO exciting. I got married last summer, best day of my life next to Salvation itself. ;D I'[m not sure if I asked you already but where abouts in JA are you getting married?

Blessings!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Hey all… was out for the day with family…nice, but exhausting =)

Confuse… I KNOW I didn’t teach him that… dunno what to say about your granny.. Good luck!

LCW… we haven’t applied for the OHIP yet… I added him on my benefits tho, which will cover him in the interim.. As for the job thing, hopefully something will come thru for us quickly… he worked as a project manager in kingston, but without North American experience, who knows how far that will carry him… hope you feel better soon!

HF…. How great that your hubby will get to see the grand show on canada day… I’ve seen the televised tidbits and I’m sure it’ll be impressive to him =)

Nae-nae.. Yes, it’s been rainy in ja (as has it up here in the boondocks)… Jamaica had the el nino and droughts and the girl (el nina) usually follows the boy, so I think they are expecting a wet summer and a bad hurricane season =(

Anxious… I would really hope he would have his passport back before july 25! I think it should be safe to book the ticket… when is the sale on until? I know with AJ, you can book the ticket in jamaica and have like 2 weeks or something to pay, maybe you can wait another week or two just to put your mind at ease?

Miracle… Jammy who usually handles our tracker has been out of service (well her computer, not her) for a few weeks, but if you go back to the 220s or so, you might find it… I think most of us have registered on trackitt too (www.trackitt.com I think?).. Filter for spousal thru kingston and you can see.. My timeline is to the left… we applied when my hubby was living in london and the application was filed the day before our son was born… both hubby and I headed to jamaica to wait out the processing (ended up thru much quicker than we were anticipating.. 3m and some days from when kingston received it we got the call to drop off), just over 4 months and 3 weeks in total from date mississauga received.. I think it was similar to yours? We waited 10 business days between drop off and pickup…

hey to everyone else.. hope you are all well...

Okay… going to soak in the tub and relax… night all..

Miracle_44

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol! @ LCD, yeah I guess this forum has helped me thus far with being extra patient, thanks!

Hey CHELLY I saw your timeline, thanks! And yes it's similar to the time frame as mine. Once again, thanks a million for the all the replys!!! :)

Yaaaaaay @ HF congrats to your hubby and all best to you guys for the future!!!

AnxiouslyWaiting, so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here, especially for such an awesome occasion. Do come again, once is NEVER enough :)

A special THAAAANKS! To everyone, I must say, since I've join this forum yesterday, and read all of the feedback, I'm feeling much better than the last few days! :D :D

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Chelley your work benefits cover your hubby until his OHIP kicks in? How doe sthat work? I have hubby on my work benefits too.

Thanks Miracle! :D

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
HF... for ours, it's emergency medical coverage only from what i was told (plus the usual dentist, vision, drugs, para-medical (massage therapy and all that crap) is covered, but it will also pick up the emergency until OHIP comes in)... i think every employer is different, so you should check with yours and see what is/isn't covered....

Miracle... most welcome.... we found this forum in the same stage as you... after we got the passport call too.. i was basically inquiring as to how long it should take... i remember being congratulated by the great posters on here and it was hard to see their frustrations that even tho they are happy for others, many have been in the system for 10, 15 or 20 months (or even more)... didn't seem fair to me to get thru so quick (i was living in ja at the time with my hubby, so we weren't dealing with the distance...).. from bahamas do you need a tourist visa to visit canada like in jamaica? as far as your future travel plans, you might want to just check with your embassy in country and tell them the situation.. maybe they could either pull a few internal strings to get the ppt back, or give you an emergency travel document to cover you? just a thought...

Miracle_44

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CHELLY: No we don't need a visa to visit Canada, we can stay therer for 6 months without one. Well in terms of the upcoming travelling plans, I still have a little time to play with, so hopefully, I'll get my PP back within the next week or two. Just that it feels forever!!!

Anxiouslywaiting, congrats and all the best on your upcoming wedding! My hubby and I got married in The Bahamas last year December and he loved the experience, so I know having yours in Ja. will be beautiful,enjoy!!!

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
Hi all

I know i have not posted in a while but i am always reading.

love your dughters name sos-so

congrats hf and missing? i think

I am going down again next week , does it make any sense to visit the embassy to check on the status seeing that i have alreADY BEEN APPROVED HEREin canada? or is it better to email.