Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Miracle_44 - It is very normal for KG to call for PPR. My husband got a call to drop off his PP on the 10th and a call on the 27th to pick it up on June 1st. No paperwork was mailed out.

As for the 2 weeks wait time, some people have been known to wait as long as 6 weeks. It really just depends on KG. You could always email them or try to call. I believe someone had a similar question to this earlier this week. :)

Hope this helps. ;D

Blessings everyone - Enjoy the weekend! :D

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Miracle

Howdy ,, :-*

As for your PP YES its ver normal to call ...as for 2 weeks they were giving you a guesstimate...lol

You have to remeber you are mailing the PP to them (wait time invloved) also them putting the visa in it and also mailing it out back to you (more wait time )...That is the difference between applicant living in JA and those from other islands..I honestly can tell you be patient okay my freind ...My husbands PP took 10 days from call to Pick up ...And he lives in JA...Also during our process with JA the snail mail was unreaL WEEKS AND WEEKS we waited for mail delivery ...i am not sure the mail they are using more than likey air mail ...or something i dunno but i am simply just saying that mail may be the ultimate factor in the wait time for your PP

Alli can say is email them see what they say ....it shouldn't be much longer .... ;D ;D

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
hey miracle... me again :)

and as i was saying on your other threads, remember, the country was at a standstill for most of the may 24 week... not only was the office closed for at least two days (and likely running on reduced staff for the rest of the week and possibly even this past week).. the airport was closed for more than a day, fedex would have also closed up shop for at least the same day if not more... there are backlogs everywhere that you are facing (not just from CIC, but from fedex too and the trickle down effect from that (other people's shipments that were delayed and now overwhelming fedex))... and in jamaica, backlogs mean delay (heck, in jamaica lunch can mean delays)...

i'd say give it a month and then worry... 6 weeks is likely the maximum they will take, but even then, that was the longest i've heard for an in country pick up under normal conditions...

good luck...

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
hey everyone...

SOSO - cute name :)

HF... so great that he got his all sorted! so soon now isn't it??!! :)

i see there were no further updates this week.... hopefully that means kg was just working frantically to clear up the backlogs and get people moving out of the madness!! (trying hard not to insert sarcasm here lol)

same old same old here... just passing days, not going back to work until september so it's all just trying to not shop us out of our savings until hubby gets working... he's starting to get a little frustrated with the job search, but i tell him he's only been at it for less than 2 weeks... not too many people i know find a good job in the their first 2 weeks looking... i've had my job for nearly 7 years, but i guess i remember when i came back to canada from the US and was looking... took me months to find exactly what i wanted... ah well... i told him he might just have to settle for what comes while he keeps the search on... right? :)

okay, so we went walking about walmart the other day, my hubby decides he wants to get a football to play with the kids in the yard... we pick that up... we pass the baseballs, he wants a baseball to play cricket with them too... cool.... we get home and my son sees the balls and takes immediate ownership of them... he's proud as a peacock (we have a few of them in the yard, and they love to strut around, so as corny as the saying is, it's caught on with me this past month lol)... so come around to bedtime, and hear him screaming thru the house to his sister "julie*, come say goodnight to my balls" ... ummm.. yes, a moment NOT to have child support services on the phone.... UGH!

*names changed to protect the innocent...

okay.. that's my kid's story of the day lol... hope everyone is well.. and by everyone i mean you... :) have a good weekend all

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
bad bad thing you teaching the kids Chelley ... he he he

Hey everyone, I be here ... busy busy these couple of days and prolly for the remainder of the month.

Families visiting from North America while some are leaving .... and I am stuck home alone for 3 weeks ...LOL

So, my granny decided to come for her brother's funeral and instead of hoping she will stay for 2 weeks, she added an extra week. That alone makes me so much more CONFUSED AND SCARED cuz my hubby-wifey is coming on the 19 and she will be around and like I don't know how to go about explaining things to everyone ... I've to come up with the biggest lie ever right now .... then, I hope she doesn't want to come at our house and spend time because my parents will be gone to the US during that time.

She said that she added a 3rd week because she wants to spend time with my sister and I ... uhmmmm ..... really? LOL

I've to work another plan out.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
LOL CONFUSE u surely have some SH*T cut out for you ...Yuh haffi really hate pan people weh put dem damper pan yuh plans ....OUCH eeeh!!

Hopefully you can work something out ...Cant you guys sneak away or something ..??? HOTEL i dunno ...just a suggestion ...I cannot imagine your frustration ...Hope it works out...Every cloud has its silver lining my freind...I guess you'll have to find that lining :p

As for me i am working on the weeknd ....YUCK...

I was off yesturday sicker than i have been in years with a flu...Unfortuatly i have no leave left so i was informed i either come in on saturday or not get payed ...I guess that i why i am here ...New leave starts in JULY ...Friggen cant wait man ..

Take some friggen time off...Anyways ...i hate working weekends...:(

SOSO....LOVE the babys name ITS very pretty ...Awww so happy for you guys ...

Chelly...DID your husband end up appy for the OHIP or is he gunna wait...As for the JOB it sucks i know...after all of our wait with IMM i was totally expecting the same hurdles with the job search BUT as you know it OUR luck was on our side and he landed a GREAT job as a machinist for a medical tubing company HIGH PAY RATE (22d per hour to start ) yearly raises, Pension, medical coverage of 90% payed leave and holidays and regular bonus's.. Geese i told hubby when he got the job that i thought forever i would be the bread winner But that clearly changed because he makes more than i do know lol ..He he only by a few dollars more tho...So tell him to keep trying something will turn up and PLUS people love to hire JAMAICANS...They love how they work NUFF NUFF NUFF.. ;D

Anyways its really boring on the weekends ....This is why i dont work weekends people ...ewwwwww

Okay well i check back later to see if anyone has posted ...GEESE like i have anythinng to do outside collect a days pay ....And bwoooy i am not complaining...lol

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
yuh nah complain LCW? Chooooo

Girl, I am going to find a plan to work out for me ..... I am worrying too much right now and this is what makes me go crazy. However, it'll all work out in the end, NO?

Sorry to hear about your flu man ... I hear dem seh a lil "nooky nooky" does cure it :p Hope you get well soon.

I totally hear ya with working on Saturdays. I did it for most of my life because I always had temporary jobs cuz I am a student. God, it's like you have no effing social life.

I used to work for the LCBO and they would always make me work on Friday and Saturday nights. I used to end my shift at 10.30 plus another hour traveling on the TTC. Not so bad pay tho ... twas enough to help me pay my monthly bills and survive. But the hours they make you work ... arggghhhhhh to that company.

Anyway, I am sure you are sitting inside a nice controlled AC building with a computer infront of you and the many privileges of using the world wide web like FB and other fun fun sites. Besides, tis Saturday and reallyyy ....... the workload is there but who actually gets it all done?

Have a fantastic day.

This place hot hot hotttt bad man.

Has the rainy season started in JA yet?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
LOL YES I AMMMMMMMM CONFUSE YES I AM .....

Yah i am in a government building A/C yes indeed.....LOL and my personell computer ...that only i use ... :p

I cannot complain much ....this is the military and if anyone knows what it is like to be civilians and work for the military you cannot complain to much ...Phenominal PAY ...and beleive me great JOBS if you land one... :p :p

HOT HOT HOT huh..*censored word*ty deal ...although humidity can be bad at its worst I LOVE THE HEAT bad...i dont care if i am sweating all over hubby or my underware are sticking to my rass...MI LOVE IT ...aww sweetie i would switch spots with you for the day so you could cool off..LCW TREAT...lol ...as if huh..lol :-X :-X

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Chelley that is hilarious!! Your kids are too funny! :D

Yes, hubby is coming the day before Canada Day! Amen! So I'm going to give him a Canada "crash course" in one day on Parl. Hill.

It's looking to be a rainy day in O-town.

LCW enjoy your day!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
hey lcw, confused, HF!!

lcw - hope you're feeling better! I'm working too :( bored but am working overtime cause I have more work than time these days ugh :'(

confused - i hope you figure out a plan...and yes, everything always does work out in the end!! I believe the rainy season has started in JA...hubby says it's been raining every day the past week, floods, and his electricity has been out several times

HF - wow! Canada day in Ottawa....hubby is in for culture shock lol but I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for him

chelley - lol your kids are truly funny!!!

enjoy your day everyone :D

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Nae nae ....Yah i am good now think i have been cleared since about midnight last night....Man i havent sweated that much since i gave birth to wi pickney ...lol ...

My stomache tho still cramping ...it just feels yucky ...I hadn't ate anything since wensday so last night i decide to nyam a likle sintin ...Bwwoooy ...not good ...Hubby instead of cooking bought Mcdonalds YUCK ...I dont nyam them *censored word*s ...NOOOOOO fast food all it is BARE BREAD nothings in it...to bite and mi spit the RASS thing out yuck ....

Oh well he tried ...JACK ASS.....lol...nuh worry mi still love him BAD...If him naw nyam dem yah thing why in the RASS would i ....lawwd a peice of Fowl woulda nice ...But RAS MC NASTY ...NOOOO SAHHHHHHHHH!!! LOL

Speaking of which mi HUNGRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...I want something.....calalooo woulda real nice right now ...IDEAS are sparking in my mind ...I have to make up for 3 days of nooo food ...fluffy gal cyaan guh long suh... noooo sah ...heheheh

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
OMG** How are you guys,

Chelley" your stories with your hubby and kids are always so funny "out of the mouth of babes"

HF............your husband will be in for a great experience, Hopefully mine will be here on July 25th, he's still waiting to be called back for his PP.
I so want to go ahead and book the tickets as Air Jamaica running a good special right now $172 US one-way..

but to be on the safe side I want to wait until he has book in had what do you guys think...... should I go ahead and purchase the tickets?

Because I am going down on July 9th wedding is on the 17, and I am returning on the 25th so initially I was hoping that it would workout this way, that he would get to return with me..

but does anyone anticipate them taking so long, he should have it PP back by July 25th right? maybe am just paranoid, Because he dropped it on May 20th... but now am hearing up to 6 weeks and thing make me a bit nervous to go buy ticket on my returning flight.

Anyways..... Confused, its always something my dear but i am sure it will work out, somehow. maybe if you tell her no one will be at the house that time she may just stay the two weeks instead of three..

SOSO.... I like the name too.

LCW... missis when you ready to chat the pawta no one could really believe you white....lol :eek:

Anyway just putting the final touches on the wedding plans! CANT WAIT" Have not seen him in 9 whole months. ;)...in a few short weeks this will all be over,.

NaeNae you working to my darling hush.... ;)

hope you'all having a wonderful weekend regardless of rain or sun hot or cold working or not working...

Bless up everyone....Miracle_44..... Chelly respond on the other forum...it was also address here too, ... but I know its just anxiety for you right now, I can imagine, you don't feel its over until you have your PP in hand, all you can do is wait, at this stage at least you know the worse is over and you are this much closer...

Bye !

Are u in the Bahamas..?

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
glad to hear it lcw! sounds like a really awful flu!!!

you always make me laugh lcw!! i love that...."RASS MC NASTY" how true!!! :p

hi anxious! yep i'm working voluntarily overtime....the money is good...it pays for immigration and all my trips to JA so it's a small sacrifice

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Nae Nae, True that' and you know the sacrifice is definitely worth it**

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
yes it sure is anxious!!! I leave for JA 2 weeks from today :p can't wait to see hubby

confused and I have the same date to reunite with our partners...yay!!! someone can countdown with me lol